Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 33672 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Irine

Irine Agility Check: 2 (Success), 2 (Crit Success), Remainder 8 vs 7 (Success), 7 (Crit Success), Remainder 23
?.?.? Agility Check: 11 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 22 vs 20 (Failure)
Damage Check: 4 (Success), 2 (Crit Success), Remainder 19 vs 12 (Success), 13 (No Crit), Remainder 2
Irine Loses 25 Mana (Mana Now 175, PI Now 150)

Recognizing from the opponent’s mana signature that she was outclassed, Irine ran, trying her best to find a more favorable position for her to build up before reengaging with the enemy… but unfortunately for her, she wasn’t fast enough.

Before she could find a safe place to hole up, the shadow servant had run in front of her, slashing at her with the sword in his left hand. She didn’t even have the chance to dodge before the sword struck her in the side, knocking her away, but thankfully not doing too much damage, and what it had her mana recovered quickly. However, given the speed that the enemy had displayed, it looked like escape would be a bit more difficult than she had imagined.

Doc

Doc Luck Check: 2 (Success), 15 (Crit Success), Remainder 3. +40 Damage
Doc Loses 20 Mana (Now 180)
?.?.? gains -3 for roll under number for Agility for 3 actions.
?.?.? gains -6 for roll under number for Agility for 1 action (Special Interaction)
?.?.? Agility Check: 1 (Success), 16 (Crit Success), Remainder 11 vs 10 (Success), 19 (No Crit), Remainder 10
Damage Check: 1 (Success), 18 (Crit Success), Remainder 6 vs 20 (Failure)
Doc Loses 50 Mana (Manan Now 150, PI Now 150)

“Already died once. No point in trying to keep this transient form in one piece.”, Doc said, readying his Noble Phantasm, bringing out the big guns already.

“A-OK: Blaze away! You're a daisy if you have!" Doc shouted, firing his shotgun at the opponent, causing the ground under their feet to be overtaken with the phantom image of a well worn dirt trail, with wooden buildings lining either side, and the noonday sun shining overhead.

Holiday’s shotgun blast knocked the shadow servant’s swords out of his hands, causing the servant to suddenly panic and dash to grab his weapons before they were knocked too far away, and then charge at Doc. While he suddenly seemed a bit unsteady, he was nonetheless fast enough that hit Doc with a pair of slashes pushing him back.

Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Agility Check: 8 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 3 vs 6 (Success), 9 (Crit Success), Remainder 25
?.?.? Agility Check: 7 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 26 vs 9 (Success), 19 (No Crit), Remainder 3
Damage Check: 15 (Success), 17 (No Crit), Remainder 10 vs 4 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 8
Baba Yaga Loses 13 Mana (Mana Now 187, PI Now 150)

"Well, hello tall, dark, and scary! Well... maybe just 'dark' eeeeeheheheheee~.” Baba Yaga cackled, “Anyway, I need to be over there, and you are in the way, so let me just move you out of it!"

She swung her pestle at the enemy with both hands, but the shadow servant moved fast, one sword deflecting the blow out of the way as the second hit the girl in the side. While her enhanced nature meant the hit was little more than a scratch, it nonetheless frayed her belt and left a small cut in her tunic.

Irine: Mana 175, PI 150
Doc: Mana 150, PI 150
Yaga: Mana 187, PI 150
?.?.?: Mana ?, PI ?

The "Special Interaction" is a thing that can occur when effects or moves are done that effect servants or enemies for reason matching their tale, but don't have specific mechanics attached to them, such as hitting Achilles in the heel. I also have a question about how you guys would prefer PI and Mana interactions to be done, should attacks hit your PI and then you can choose if you want to transfer your mana to recover it as a free action at the start of the next turn, or would you rather I do what I did where attacks automatically drain mana if you have any before going to PI?

EDIT: Regardless of how the rules would be, if you would die due to taking an attack greater than your PI, but have enough mana left that if it was added to your PI you sound survive, the attack would go through your mana first.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:01:06 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Don't care either way :V

That didn't help at all if he can hit me at -9. Doc attempts to put some distance between himself and the swordsman, hopping backward while suppressing him with his revolvers.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((Different people are going to want to reserve different amounts of mana. Irine for example needs to save a lot to cast with. As a result I'd prefer hitting PI before mana, with the option to transfer mana to PI to fix it.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

((Different people are going to want to reserve different amounts of mana. Irine for example needs to save a lot to cast with. As a result I'd prefer hitting PI before mana, with the option to transfer mana to PI to fix it.))

Not really. If the last attack hits your mana instead of PI there is no reason to burn mana until the last attack.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As your PI decreases, your physical parameters (Strength, Endurance, and Agility) do too, by an amount determined by your Endurance parameter.
This is why its good to burn mana earlier.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

Yeah, I’d pick hits physical integrity first. 

if I can join this turn, active skill and attack?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

You can join, but remember, both active skill and attack take an action to use.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

Got it, no attack
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Please let me go."
I generate a flame dance around us, attempting to restrict the shadow at least a bit, and flee once more, still attempting to escape from the foe.

Irine
current form: Human
Physical Integrity: 150/150
mana: 175/200
active flames: none

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Turn will be tomorrow morning as I was working until late tonight.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh a tough one hmm? Let's see how you handle a bit of Auntie's medicine~"
activate Wicked Concoction

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Irine

Irine Loses 40 Mana (Now 135)
Irine Mana Check: 2 (Success), 9 (Crit Success), Remainder 14 (+10 Damage. -3 Agility for all enemies.)
Irine Agility Check: 4 (Success), 13 (No Crit), Remainder 8
?.?.? Agility Check: 20 (Success)
?.?.? Agility Check: 11 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 15 vs 6 (Success), 10 (No Crit), Remainder 6
Damage Check: 2 (Success), 10 (Crit Success), Remainder 17 vs 6 (Success), 10 (No Crit), Remainder 8
Irine Loses 25 PI (Mana Now 135, PI Now 125)

"Please let me go." Irine asked the shadow servant.

Once more, Irine tried to get away from her enemy, this time even laying down a flame dance to try and keep them away, her panic fueling the flame patterns to burn brighter and more frantically.

However, the flames didn’t seem to slow down the swordsman. If anything his movements through the fire seemed more fluid, almost like he was dancing through the patterns, his blades taking on a fiery red glow that pierced through the shadowy miasma.

Once more, he caught up to Irine in no time, his slashes moving even faster than before, as part of his dancing movements, as another strike slammed into Irine, leaving a cut in her side, and while it didn’t affect her, she could feel the heat coming off his blades.

Nuada

Nuada Activates Skill (+ to Strength until Attack. +10 to damage for one attack): Cool Down 6 Turns
?.?.? Agility Check: 20 (Success), 12 (Crit Success), Remainder 5 vs 14 (Success), 17 (No Crit), Remainder 6
Damage Check: 2 (Success), 2 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 21 vs 6 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 7
Nuada Loses 25 PI (Mana Now 200, PI Now 125)

Nuada could feel that the opponent he was facing was more powerful than himself, and so focused his mana into his blade and arm, reinforcing them, ready to hit the opponent with his full force when the time came.

Meanwhile, his opponent charged forward like a bolt of lightning, both swords slamming into Nuada with overwhelming force, striking him simultaneously in the arm and side. While his armor and reinforcement on his arm took the majority of the blow, the force was still enough to bruise the inside of his side, an injury he’d need to expend some mana to heal up.

Doc

Doc Luck Check: 15 (Success), 7 (No Crit)
Doc Luck Check: 3 (Success), 6 (Crit Success), Remainder 11
?.?.? gains -6 to roll under number for Agility for following Doc
Doc Agility Check: 6 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 6 vs 14 (Success), 7 (Crit Success), Remainder 7
?.?.? Agility Check: 4 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 22 vs 4 (Success), 12 (Crit Success), Remainder 4
Damage Check: 10 (Success), 10 (Crit Success), Remainder 9 vs 5 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 1
Doc Loses 13 PI (Mana Now 150, PI Now 137)

Realizing just how big the gap in speed between himself and the opponent was, Doc tried to get away, firing at his opponent with his revolver as he ran, not trying to hit, mostly just to slow him down.

He hopped backwards, firing five shots at his charging opponent, each of which would have likely been able to graze him and stop him, even for a bit… however, as each bullet neared him, the swordsman dodged them, or deflected them with his swords, as they started to glow red.

When he finally reached Doc, his swords were ready to slash at his arm. However, Doc still hadn’t fired his sixth round. As the swords bore down on him, he fired, hopping a bit to allow the force of the recoil to carry him just a bit farther away. The swordsman, moving his swords to deflect the bullet, managed to block it, but as a result, Doc only suffered a minor scrape. However, he could still feel the heat from the cut.

Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Activates Skill (Next successful attack inflicts -1 to all rolls for a random parameter to the target for the rest of the combat. Next use of Baba’s Brew will apply -1 instead of +1)
?.?.? Agility Check: 11 (Success), 10 (Crit Success), Remainder 16 vs 19 (Failure)
Damage Check: 1 (Success), 19 (Crit Success), Remainder 9 vs 5 (Success), 14 (No Crit), Remainder 11
Baba Yaga Loses 25 PI (Mana Now 187, PI Now 125)

"Oh a tough one hmm?” Baba asked, placing down her mortar as she shook her sleeve over it, causing a few rancid looking herbs and other unidentifiable pieces of plant matter to fall into it. “Let's see how you handle a bit of Auntie's medicine~"

She began to pound the concoction with her pestle, letting out the acrid smell over the arena, but her opponent wasn’t going to merely sit still as she did so. Once more, the swordsman slashed at her, this time with both swords, and while the hit wasn’t enough to distract her from her concoction, the sudden red glow of the swords and the heat coming off them gave her some pause.

Irine: Mana 135, PI 125
Nuada: Mana 200, PI 125
Doc: Mana 150, PI 137
Yaga: Mana 187, PI 125
?.?.?: Mana ?, PI ?

I suppose this wasn't exactly morning as I anticipated, largely as I decided to sleep in today. Anyway, I went with the "PI first" damage model since the majority requested it. This round might end up taking longer than I anticipated, as the new way enemy crits work mean you'll each likely only be taking about 25 damage each turn, while in general you each have about 350 HP. I consider this a good reason to have the PI system, so that in the future players can be more specialized and we're less likely to see everyone with an A in mana when it doesn't fit.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

If getting distance isn't helping, might as well get close. Not going to be much different if the guy can block bullets. Doc feints with his shotgun, then leaps forward taking a knife from his pocket and tries to stab the purply mist.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't escape from this. I can't build up against this. I have only one chance.
"Just. Leave. Me. Alone!"
Activate NP on top of us. use Mana to replace lost PI. Continue to channel until one or the other of us is defeated. Once I've begun my NP, I don't need to reserve any mana anymore, so just burn what I have left to replace PI as he attacks me.
It would have been way better if I'd started this earlier. But what's done is done.

Irine
current form: Human
Physical Integrity: 125/150
mana: 135/200
active flames: none

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

No turn tonight due to the fact that I passed out this morning, so I’m working on trying to get my sleep schedule back in order. As part of that, I’m not going to be working on turns after midnight and instead trying to get more sleep.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41