Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 33728 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((
>.>
))

Irine runs away from the enemy as fast as she can and looks desperately around at the surrounding terrain, attempting to find the most favoroable ground possible for her to build up her flames before engaging with a superior foe.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Is the “Proper Game” ever coming tho
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

So, I’m holding to give the other two a bit more time to show back up if they want to.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Round 1.4

You stand in a grassy plain that had once been a battlefield, with scattered bits and pieces of weapons and armor still remaining, and rocky outcroppings dot the field like islands. A few trees dot the landscape, along with a few stumps, as many of the trees had been cleared away at some point in the past. Far away, you can see a medieval stone castle, your destination, but between you and there is your opponent.

The shadow servant’s body seemed to be made of shifting purple energy, with a black miasma floating around their body. The form seems to be a young male, with shoulder length hair pulled up in a ponytail and a pair of double bladed swords in his hands. He seemed fit, and with the way he carried himself, ready for a fight.
(Actions)

Back to everyone having the same opponent. So, I held over the weekend both to give people time, and as I was busy. Failbird got back to me and will be rejoining, but no response from Black Paladin. Also a reminder, this round the plan is to implement Physical Integrity, essentially HP. As Rank 3 units, you each start with 150 PI. As your PI decreases, your physical parameters (Strength, Endurance, and Agility) do too, by an amount determined by your Endurance parameter.

Rank75%66%50%33%25%10%
A0000-1-2
B000-1-2-3
C00-1-2-3-4
D0-1-2-3-4-5
E-1-2-3-4-5-6
You can still use Mana as extra HP, though effects like Battle Continuation which related to how injured you were or activated at certain states are now applied to PI rather than Mana. Speaking of which, the battle continuation class skill grants temporary immunity from the minuses PI would generally give you at low PI.

A: Your Roll Under Numbers are not effect by your PI for the remainder of this combat.
B: Your Roll Under Numbers are not effect by your PI for 4 turns.
C: Your Roll Under Numbers are not effect by your PI for 3 turns.
D: Your Roll Under Numbers are not effect by your PI for 2 turns.
E: Your Roll Under Numbers are not effect by your PI for 1 turn.

My apologies, I should have created this explanation post before the round started so you could look it over and think of any questions or concerns. As is, please ask me any questions that come to mind. All numbers are subject to change if they turn out to need it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like that a ton, especially because it allows people to have less than A in mana.

Irine runs away from the enemy as fast as she can and looks desperately around at the surrounding terrain, attempting to find the most favoroable ground possible for her to build up her flames before engaging with a superior foe.

action unchanged

Irine
current form: Human
Physical Integrity: 150/150
mana: 200/200
active flames: none

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 12:44:53 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I can’t remember where my character sheet is.

“Where you running to woman? Already died once. No point in trying to keep this transient form in one piece.”

Doc swings his shotgun into position with a dramatic click and unleashes his NP at the assailant.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can’t remember where my character sheet is.
Here's an old version copied from one of your old posts, you're going to need to update it to get the current version, but it'll get you started.
Spoiler: Archer (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

…ah sure, we can have the Doc and Irine team carry over.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

“Everyone having the same opponent” is confusing wording.

I guess Doc is just talking to himself then.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Ah, I can see that. I meant it as going back what we had in rounds 1 and 2 where even though people were split, the enemy everyone faced was the same, compared to round 3 and 3.5 where you each faced a different servant. If you want to keep the team though, since Doc is support and the best way to see him work is with an ally, you can.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My character for the rest of the testing, because I couldn't get myself to keep playing John Henry
Spoiler: Your sweet auntie Yaga (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, hello tall, dark, and scary! Well... maybe just 'dark' eeeeeheheheheee~. Anyway, I need to be over there, and you are in way, so let me just move you out of it!"

Full Strength pestle swing!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Numbers have all been rolled and calculated, but it's late here and I still have some things to do before bed so I think the update will be in the morning. Also I've officially decided that enemy damage crits will use the "only get extra damage if they roll a total 5 or lower" idea, as I'm looking at how actual games tend to run stuff and it seems to be a good general strategy that enemies have higher health but lower damage output, while players have higher output but lower health.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:27:24 am by Smoke Mirrors »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

sorry, i just saw this and i don't think I received anything from Smoke Mirrors.  Is it too late to come back?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:57:32 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

It is not. Sorry, I actually forgot to PM you and Failbird on Bay12. The first turn is already close to done, but once I post it you can do an action for turn 2.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41