Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 33773 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #525 on: December 27, 2022, 02:46:38 pm »

<Just... one... more...>
Burn the minotaur down.

Irine
current form: multi-tailed-fox
mana: 97/200
active flames: 8 flame orbs

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 30, 2022, 09:53:08 pm »

Loudly complain about how the Snake’s unlimited construction ability is over powered while trying to not die to it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 30, 2022, 11:04:56 pm »

Loudly complain about how the Snake’s unlimited construction ability is over powered while trying to not die to it.
I’ll take this note into consideration and work out something that works better.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 12, 2023, 12:55:43 am »

So, I've done all the rolls for the coming turn, but since I'm trying to get my sleep schedule in order this semester, and it's almost 1 AM, and I have a large amount of free time tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to hold off on writing the turn until I'm done with classes tomorrow. I apologize for not having the turn out sooner, as I'd intended to work on it two days ago, but I'm still adjusting to my new class schedule since the new semester started.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 12, 2023, 06:21:30 pm »

Irine and Doc

Irine 15 (Agility 12)
Doc 15 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 7 (Agility 16)
Glycon (3) 9
Glycon (4) 7 (Agility 12)
Asterios 8

Doc Luck Check: 14 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 105)
Asterios Loses 50 Mana (Now 55)
Asclepius Gains 65 Mana (Now 200)
Irine Gains 30 Mana (Now 127)
Doc Strength Check: 11 (Success)
Doc Agility Check: 4 (Success), 18 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 3 vs 2 (Success), 17 (No Crit), Remainder 10
Damage Check: 11 (Success), Remainder 1 vs 16 (Success), Remainder 1
Glycon 4 Loses 23 Mana (Now 97)
Asterios Mana Check: 13 (Failure)
Asterios Loses 200 Mana (Now 0)
Asterios Gains 30 Mana (Now 30)
Glycon 3 Agility Check: 2 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 10 vs 9 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 3
Asterios Agility Check: 15 (Success)
Asterios Agility Check: 19 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 8 vs 7 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 5
Damage Check: 20 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 21 vs 16 (Failure)
Irine Loses 115 Mana (Now 12)
Glycon 4 Agility Check: 9 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 3 vs 12 (Success), 15 (No Crit), Remainder 8

As Doc once more tried to strain against the serpent binding him, he finally managed to succeed, pushing the coiling snake off him as he jumped out of the chair. He wasted no time firing at the snake that had been attacking him, managing to shoot a bullet through its body. The two serpents tried to attack Doc in retaliation, but now able to move, he managed to avoid them both.

Meanwhile, Irine was still dealing with the minotaur. From where she fell, she commanded her flame orbs to strike again, knowing that the Minotaur wouldn’t last much longer against the continued assault. Her flame orbs shot out, this time piercing through the defenses, exploding into bursts of flames on contact. In the burst of flames, Irine could swear she saw golden spiritron particles, but when the flames cleared, the minotaur was still standing, though worse for wear.

He charged, passing over Irine’s flames, and swung his ax with fierce abandon. The only thing that saved Irine was that the angle of the blade was a bit off, as the force behind it meant that the his she did receive left her barely able to stand, her body bleeding all over. Still, she was alive, but whoever struck first would likely decide this fight.

Doc: 31
Irine: 12
Asclepius: 200
Glycon 3: 120
Glycon 4: 97
Asterios: 30

For the future, the Glycon constrict, and likely similar skills, will last 3 turns maximum and, if broken before turn 3, they will be stunned for that turn. Also, while I'd generally been running Asterios to run back to Asclepius when he hits his guts for healing and another continuation, I figured that if I did that this time it would probably mean you guys can't win, and I want to see if you can pull it off.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 12, 2023, 07:33:09 pm »

<Well fought.>
strike first

Irine
current form: multi-tailed-fox
mana: 12/200
active flames: 8 flame orbs

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 12, 2023, 07:52:04 pm »

We already can't win :V. We went over it with Tell but Servant = Servant. A Servant VS Servant fight would theoretically have a 50/50 chance for who would win. Adding an advantage like minions gives one side a much higher chance to win, and a multi-turn stun is a strong ability for a minion to have.

It really doesn't matter for a test, but you'll really want to think about fight design when the game starts since you always seem surprised when we lose to enemies who should obviously beat us :V

Strike Last. Everyone knows it is the last strike that wins. Shoot sneks.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 12, 2023, 08:37:43 pm »

My plan for the actual game already has most fights be you guys with the majority, unless you’re against Rank 1 or 2 enemies. The team fight round will be a much more accurate representation of what the intent for the actual game to be like. As for the rest rounds, it’s less I’m surprised and more I’m honestly not sure how fights will go yet since this is the first time fights are happening with this system.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 12, 2023, 08:53:20 pm »

Those free-action disengages berserker was getting really do add up.

as a rule of thumb, in pvp action economy is king. Irine is strong when given prep because she effectively gets pre-actions during her prep. stuns of any kind are strong because they remove actions from the enemy. Summons are strong because at the cost of one turn's action (summoning turn), they give one action per following turn (each turn that the summon can act). meaning summons that get to act twice or more are net positive action economy. The snakes in particular are a super-risky type of summon because they're a summon that stuns, meaning they are net-positive action economy even with only a single action. (-1 for summon action, +1 for attack action, -1 action to stunned target), for a hypothedical, if you summon a snake every turn, and those snakes get to bind their target for a single turn before said target rips them off, they can maintain a stunlock indefinitely. Irine is good into the matchup only because she wouldn't actually lose her actions from being bound.

Irine's two variations on bindings each have a fairly high failure chance, especially flame dance, else they'd be problematic too.

but finally, Doc has been really rushing in to engage in a toe-to-toe brawl with minimal coordination with Irine, despite Stirk saying themselves that Doc is a support-type. The early split-up especially hurt, and Irine has kinda been forced to adapt to him overall since he has generally refused to try to coordinate or plan or work as a team in general. (are you sure you want to run a support-type? you might do a lot better with a 1v1er) This combined with Doc not having a way to self-restore has resulted in Doc being chipped down over time, and our pair as a whole overextending. Also just tossing out a quick reminder that we did kinda get a collective one-shot on the minotaur earlier. So overall this has been a quite even match I think.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:21:10 pm by Lenglon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 12, 2023, 09:26:39 pm »

I made a support type to test support skills. I don't plan on playing one when/if the game starts :V

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 15, 2023, 01:30:10 am »

I forgot I needed to do a turn today, and now it’s too late and I’m tired. I apologize and will get the turn done tomorrow, and then get back on the proper schedule.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 16, 2023, 10:09:57 am »

Irine and Doc

Irine 16
Doc 11
Asclepius 20 (Agility 16)
Glycon (3) 10
Glycon (4) 20 (Agility 12)
Asterios 8

Doc Luck Check: 10 (Success), 10 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 70)
Asterios Loses 50 Mana (Now 20)
Irine Gains 30 Mana (Now 42)
Glycon 4 Gains 45 Mana (Now 100)
Glycon 4 Agility Check: 14 (Failure)
Asterios Mana Check: 2 (Success), 4 (Crit Success)
Doc Agility Check: 14 (Success), 5 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 6 vs 3 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 1
Damage Check: 8 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 4 vs 20 (Failure)
Glycon 4 Loses 45 Mana (Now 55)
Glycon 3 Agility Check: 11 (Success), Remainder 1 vs 7 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 5
Asterios Agility Check: 19 (Success)
Asterios Agility Check: 8 (Success), 12 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 7 vs 1 (Success), 15 (No Crit), Remainder 11
Damage Check: 1 (Success), 12 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 29 vs 17 (Failure)
Irine Loses 165 Mana (Now Dead)

The serpent had the first move, once more jumping at Doc, and once more missing, as Doc responded to it by firing a bullet into its body, which managed to shoot through a decent length before coming out the other end, causing the serpent to hiss in pain as the other one also tried to attack Doc, who was easily able to jump out of the way. Regardless, Doc could feel the mana in the air, which kept replenishing the mana of the serpents. It had the same feeling as the caster he had met earlier.

Outside, Irine and the minotaur were engaged in a standoff. Both were mere inches from death, and one good attack would send them over, but at the same time, both knew the same was true for their opponent. Irine sent out her flame orbs, but at the same time, Asterios charged. They met only about a foot from Irine, as the flame orbs blazed, ready to combust and take the minotaur down once and for all… but they didn’t get a chance. With a swing of his axes, Asterios cut the flames that burnt over him and forced them out of his way as he continued his charge towards Irine.

Even as the fires raged around them, Asterios’s axes slammed down towards Irine, this time with both accuracy and strength. The blades went right through her, cutting into her spirit origin, as she could feel her body go limp. As her body began to dissolve into spiritron particles, the minotaur similarly collapsed, breathing heavily, as the fires around them began to dim, and as Irine returned to the throne, they went out.

Doc: 31
Irine: Dead
Asclepius: 200
Glycon 3: 120
Glycon 4: 55
Asterios: 20

Right, sorry, last night I ate something that didn't agree with me and spent a while in the restroom, which is the reason for not posting. On to the actual content of the turn, honestly sorry Lenglon, I really thought that Irine was going to win this after you rolled a 16 for initiative, but then Asterios got that crit success for Mana. For the future, I'm going to work out some kind of Attack of Opportunity system to reduce the free action disengages. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure the situation is no longer winnable for Doc, but I might end up surprised, so I'll run it until the end. Regardless, I'm getting ready for round 1.4 if anyone else is still interested in it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 16, 2023, 10:29:33 am »

Simply making them cost an action would work. He was getting to act, take damage, and then act again to disengage on the same turn. It was like if you had let me have irine run away this last turn without ever even rolling initiative and then she takes a full turn's actions after that. Basically giving her a bonus personal turn. That's the problem. The fair pattern would be if he acts and takes damage he found threatening then on his next turn he can spend his action to handle it. Compare to when you told me to reduce and simplify Irine's actions.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 16, 2023, 11:25:01 am »

Got it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 16, 2023, 12:56:55 pm »

Shoot snek

I'm getting ready for round 1.4 if anyone else is still interested in it.

Its been almost a year, at this point you need to either make the game or stop pretending this is testing and admit it is the actual game :V

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41