Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 33772 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #510 on: December 17, 2022, 11:44:42 pm »

Didn't you state she's attacking first in an attempt to clear your way to the chamber? You would need to be in the chamber before she attacked to give directions.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 17, 2022, 11:54:43 pm »

Didn't you state she's attacking first in an attempt to clear your way to the chamber? You would need to be in the chamber before she attacked to give directions.

Yeah, but I also thought the fact that his bright lights, shouting, and mana signature would be enough to give his position away without needing to actually look at him. Especially since he can use his NP against people in the room so we should be able to do the same to him :V

Whatever, Irene will use the orbs to clear a path for Doc to get close, hitting everyone attempting to stop him instead of the enemy doctor. Same plan otherwise.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 18, 2022, 12:01:31 am »

The reason he can use the NP is since the only people it effects are the Glycons, his minion who he controls, and Asterios, who is in his view. If it was an offensive type NP, there would be some discussion based on the type, given something like Excalibur or Ea has a big enough AOE that just knowing the room is enough, while other NPs like Rule Breaker or Cursed Arm's NP wouldn't be able to target you guys without knowing where you are. Also it did give his position away, but it's like trying to hit a target with your eyes closed, even if you know where the target is, since you can't see the exact location, your odds of actually hitting it are lower than if you could see it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 19, 2022, 01:25:07 am »

Ok, it's past 1 AM here, and while I've done some work on the turn, I've done a lot of just kind of staring at it and not feeling like writing, so I think it would be better for me and for the quality of the turn if I postpone it for tomorrow. I'm sorry for doing this, but I don't want to be up late only to push out a turn that I'm not happy with.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 20, 2022, 01:32:16 am »

Irine and Doc

Irine 15
Doc 5
Asclepius 4
Glycon (1) 9
Glycon (2) 3
Glycon (3) 16
Glycon (4) 17
Asterios 13

Doc Luck Check: 16 (Success), 12 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 90)
Glycon 1 Gains 40 Mana (Now 70)
Glycon 2 Gains 20 Mana (Now 70)
Asclepius Gains 65 Mana (Now 200)
Irine Gains 30 Mana (Now 151)
Glycon 1 Mana Check: 8 (Success), 11 (No Crit), Remainder 7
Glycon 1 Loses 70 Mana (Now Dead)
Glycon 2 Mana Check: 1 (Success), 20 (No Crit), Remainder 14
Glycon 2 Loses 70 Mana (Now Dead)
Doc Agility Check: 16 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 1
Doc Agility Check: 13 (Success), 19 (No Crit), Remainder 12 vs 13 (Success), 10 (No Crit), Remainder 7
Damage Check: 16 (Failure)
Asclepius Loses 20 Mana (Now 180)
Asclepius Mana Check: 2 (Success), 16 (Crit Success), Remainder 13
Asterios Gains 60 Mana (Now 150)

As nearly everyone’s wounds knit themselves back together, seemingly an effect of the blue glow that had just lit the corridor, Doc decided that his best bet wasn’t to keep fighting the snakes, but rather to aim for the origin of the healing that was keeping their enemies up. He used his telepathic connection to his partner to alert her of his plan, and Irine got to work supporting him.

She released her flame orbs on the two serpents in front of them, however, the two of them were rather resistant to the attacks, to the point that by the time the two snakes had been successfully roasted and faded away into blue dust on the wind, Irine didn’t have any flame orbs left to clear up anything else, so all Doc could do was try his best to dash in before anyone could stop him… and that’s just what he did.

Doc ran into the glowing chamber before him in a mad dash, the only thing he was worried about was not running right into a wall or an enemy, as he pulled his gun out and primed it as he sprinted. He ran past another pair of serpents that attempted to grab him as he ran in, and, spotting the minotaur in his way, managed to drop to the floor and slide between his legs, before standing up again and running to the mana signature of the noble phantasm that had just been unleashed. He pulled the trigger… but only smoke came out. It seemed that his running to get here had messed up his gun a bit.

Finally getting a chance to look around the chamber, he saw that it looked like an operating room, bright lights hanging from the ceiling over a bed, which had a human like figure laying under a white sheet, and a table next to it with a few different surgical devices laying on it.

Standing over the bed was a young man, wearing a black surgical outfit, long white hair tied up to keep it from getting in the way, his gloves glowed with the same light that was pouring out of the chamber. A bronze staff lay leaning on the table next to him, and a mechanical serpent, like a simpler version of one of the serpents outside, sat wrapped around it.

Without even turning around, the young man waved Doc off dismissively.

“If you aren’t here to help me with the patient, I have no need of you.” his voice was muffled, like he was wearing a mask, “Please don’t touch anything on your way out and proceed to wait your turn in the waiting room.”

With the same gesture of his hand, Doc could feel some of the man’s mana flare up, and quickly after he felt the mana of the minotaur in the other room strengthen.

Doc: 51 Active skill 3 turns.
Irine: 151
Asclepius: 180
Glycon 1: Dead
Glycon 2: Dead
Glycon 3: 120
Glycon 4: 120
Asterios: 150

Decided it was reasonable for Irine to use the required amount of Flame Orbs to defeat the Glycons assuming they were able to resist that spell, which ended up being accurate. Meanwhile, Asclepius still really doesn't care about anything but his job.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 22, 2022, 06:11:35 pm »

So I held off on a turn last night as I was both busy and waiting on an action, but... Stirk, do you want to put an action in or have me do it for you and Leglon?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 22, 2022, 07:05:23 pm »

“Course. Sorry for the trouble.”

Doc tips his hat toward the doctor and walks back to the waiting room casually, while transmitting the doctor’s location to the fox girl who proceeds to hit him with every orb.

I didn’t see the update :-/

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 22, 2022, 09:27:51 pm »

Irine and Doc

Irine 9
Doc 3
Asclepius 13
Glycon (3) 1
Glycon (4) 20
Asterios 19

Doc Luck Check: 11 (Success), 14 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 190)
Irine Gains 30 Mana (Now 181)
Asclepius Loses 20 Mana (Now 180)
Asclepius Mana Check: 13 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 17
Asterios Gains 60 Mana (Now 250)
Asclepius Mana Check: 19 (Success), Remainder 1
Asclepius Loses 100 Mana (Now 80)
Glycon 3 Uses Constrict on Doc
Doc Loses 20 Mana (Now 31)

“Course. Sorry for the trouble.” Doc said, tipping his hat to the other doctor as he walked into the waiting room, transmitting his coordinates to Irine. He took a seat across from the minotaur, who glared at him. The two serpents he had seen stared at him from the floor, but no one made a move to attack him. It seemed like everyone was largely subservient to the doctor, and that some kind of order had been put out to not harm him. However, Doc did feel the minotaur’s mana be bolstered again, so it didn’t seem like combat was entirely out of the question.

However, he and Irine weren’t going to wait until their opponents were done with whatever they were up to, so as Irine received the signal, she shot all 6 of her flame orbs at the target. The balls of fire shot through the doors into the waiting room, and right into the surgical room, and while Doc couldn’t see what occurred, he could feel the heat come out and feel the doctor’s mana signature weaken, and hear what sounded like a hiss of pain.

As soon as the attack registered, the snakes and minotaur sprung to life. One serpent coiled around him, forcing him to the chair, while the other got ready to lunge at him, and the Minotaur charged outside, heading to attack Irine.

Doc: 31 Active skill 2 turns.
Irine: 181
Asclepius: 80
Asterios: 250

Looks like Round 3.5 might be wrapping up soon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 23, 2022, 01:15:41 am »

<Almost>
seeing the minotaur run out at me and not knowing where exactly Doc, the snakes, and the enemy healer, are inside the room, I decide to focus down the enemy I can see clearly and Generate another flame orb to add to my already-present ones and attempt to focus down the charging minotaur.

Irine
current form: multi-tailed-fox
mana: 181/200
active flames: 6 flame orbs

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 23, 2022, 01:35:06 am »

Die, probably. Not really sure what you’re expecting when you make the enemies outnumber us and give them free stunkock :v

Doc attempts to headbut the attacking snake defiantly

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 24, 2022, 05:59:10 pm »

Irine and Doc

Irine 15
Doc 18
Asclepius 2
Glycon (3) 3
Glycon (4) 17
Asterios 6

Doc Luck Check: 4 (Success), 4 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 255)
Asclepius Gains 65 Mana (Now 145)
Irine Gains 30 Mana (Now 200)
Doc Strength Check: 18 (Failure)
Glycon 4 Agility Check: 2 (Success), 19 (No Crit), vs Negated
Damage Check: 17 (Failure)
Irine Loses 20 Mana (Now 180)
Irine Mana Check: 17 (Success), 17 (No Crit), Remainder 8
Asterios Mana Check: 15 (Failure)
Asterios Loses 180 Mana (Now 75)
Asterios Agility Check: 5 (Success)
Asterios Agility Check: 16 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 11 vs 8 (Success), 2 (Crit Success), Remainder 2
Asclepius Loses 20 Mana (Now 125)
Asclepius Mana Check: 10 (Success), 2 (Crit Success), Remainder 19
Asclepius Gains 60 Mana (Now 185)

Doc struggled against the serpent binding him, trying to headbutt the other serpent, but he was unsuccessful, as the bindings were too tight. However, he wasn’t out of luck just yet, as all his wriggling caused the other serpent that was attacking him to miss and instead bump into the one coiling around him.

Meanwhile, Irine was having even better luck with her own opponent. She generated a seventh flame orb and fired it and all her older ones at the Minotaur. They crashed into him, creating explosions of smoke and fire as he roared, but didn’t stop charging, swinging his ax at Irine. However, whether it was due to the smoke or Irine’s dodging skills, she managed to jump out of the way of the blades as the axhead buried itself into the floor.

Doc: 31 Active skill 1 turns.
Irine: 180
Asclepius: 185
Asterios: 75

Wrote this turn kind of quick and early as early tomorrow I'm leaving on a trip with my family and I was reminded I can't bring my computer with me, so I won't be able to get another update in until a few days after new years. As a result, I wish you guys a happy holidays and New Year, and I'll do another post when I get back.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 24, 2022, 06:55:00 pm »

<Just once more>
same thing one more time.

Irine
current form: multi-tailed-fox
mana: 180/200
active flames: 7 flame orbs

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 26, 2022, 12:33:53 pm »

So, my flight ended up getting canceled so I'm not leaving until Wednesday, which sucks, but it means there is an update today, so I need an action from Stirk.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 26, 2022, 03:28:34 pm »

Bite the snake I guess

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 27, 2022, 12:59:12 am »

Irine and Doc

Irine 17 (Agility 12) (Coin Flip Heads)
Doc 8
Asclepius 7
Glycon (3) 1
Glycon (4) 17 (Agility 12)
Asterios 6

Doc Luck Check: 9 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 115)
Asterios Loses 50 Mana (Now 65)
Irine Gains 30 Mana (Now 200)
Irine Loses 20 Mana (Now 180)
Irine Mana Check: 14 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 8
Asterios Mana Check: 10 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 2
Glycon 4 Agility Check: 3 (Success), 3 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 6 vs Negated
Damage Check: 19 (Failure)
Doc Strength Check: 14 (Failure)
Asterios Agility Check: 15 (Success)
Asterios Agility Check: 8 (Success), 10 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 9 vs 3 (Success), 13 (No Crit), Remainder 9
Damage Check: 9 (Success), 19 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 14 vs 13 (Success), Remainder 1
Irine Loses 83 Mana (Now 97)

Irine tried to repeat her assault, creating another two flame orbs to add to it, but this time, when her flame orbs slammed into the minotaur, she felt the magecraft fizzle. While the orbs didn’t disappear, they didn’t explode as they had previously, as while her flame dance burned at him, the orbs bounced off and returned to her.

In response, he swung at her, and this time she wasn’t able to dodge. One ax cut into her tails and flank, but thankfully for her, the massive body size difference between her and her attacker, and the fact that the axes weren’t particularly sharpened, meant the blow threw her more than it cut her. While the blunt trauma of being thrown into the wall behind her wasn’t very pleasant, it was better than losing a limb.

Meanwhile, Doc’s situation remained largely the same. He attempted to break out of the hold he was in by biting the serpent that was binding him, but unfortunately for him, he was unable to get enough freedom to move to enable it. Fortunately, the free serpent was once more unable to actually land any real blow on him, as a bite on his foot didn’t manage to do much more than put a puncture on his boot. Meanwhile, the doctor was still in his lab.

Doc: 31 Active skill 0 turns.
Irine: 97
Asclepius: 200
Asterios: 65

Ok, as I leave Wednesday morning, this is the last turn until I get back a few days after New Years. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and wish you a happy New Years.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41