Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35985 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #450 on: November 17, 2022, 07:20:22 pm »

Just poking this before I’m busy for a few hours to give Leglon and Stirk a chance to post if they forgot.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 17, 2022, 07:32:38 pm »

busy week, haven't made the time yet.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 17, 2022, 08:05:05 pm »

I kinda need her to tell me where they are for me to do anything
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 17, 2022, 10:04:44 pm »

<Smell something burned, this way.>
Lead us towards our target.

Irine
current form: multi-tailed-fox
mana: 200/200
active flames: 1 flame dance, 3 flame orbs, forest fire flames.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 18, 2022, 12:23:51 am »

Might have to skip the turn tonight as due an unfortunate situation I had to cook dinner at 11 at night so I wasn't able to get to some work I wanted to do, so I still have to do it, and if I do it, and then write the turn, I think I'll end up going to bed much later than I want to. I'll try to do the turn tomorrow instead.

EDIT: It is “tomorrow” and I thought I’d have more time today. The turn will have to be Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 10:32:16 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 19, 2022, 11:42:05 am »

Follow the fox's nose!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 20, 2022, 01:12:01 am »

Initiative
Irine 1 (Agility 12) (Coin Flip Heads)
Doc 2
Asclepius 17
Glycon (1) 16
Glycon (2) 13
Glycon (3) 1 (Agility 12)
Asterios 6

Doc Luck Check: 2 (Success), 17 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Doc Agility Check: 6 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 14

“Smell something burned,” Irine said, pointing her nose in the direction of one of the doorways, “this way.”

Doc walked on, using Irine like a furry, monster seeking, dowsing rod, following down whatever path her nose pointed to, pausing every once in a while so she could recalibrate and confirm which path had the strongest scent. However, at a certain point, Doc didn’t need Irine’s nose anymore.

The room glowing with blue light was kind of obvious.

Doc momentarily considered if they should have made a better plan for what to do to prepare themselves for when they eventually reached the enemy stronghold, and wondered if the same effect of the labyrinth that made it hard for them to detect quite where their enemies were might give them a bit more time undetected… then he remembered the fact that they were currently being followed with a small portion of a forest fire, and were probably rather as obvious as the blue lights.

In fact, something slithered out of the entrance of the room closest to them. It was… an interesting creature, looking like some kind of mechanical snake, made with interlocking plates of white metal and gold, with greenish blue light emanating from it’s joints, except parts of it seemed almost too natural to be purely machine. The golden crests on its head feel loosely, almost like blond hair, and it’s mechanical face seemed too intelligent and human, despite still seeming certainly serpentine.

The creature looked at Doc and Irine, its eyes glowing with the same blue light that emanated from the rest of it’s body, and it spoke, it’s voice carrying the barest hint of a hiss in otherwise perfectly human speech.

“Do you have an appointment?”

Nuada
Nuada Agility Check: 17 (Failure)
Rama Agility Check: 12 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 8
Rama Agility Check (Attack): 11 (Success), 16 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 1 vs 7 (Success), 5 (Crit Success), Remainder 4
Nuada Agility Check: 10 (Success), 20 (No Crit), Remainder 6 vs 14 (Success), 5 (Crit Success), Remainder 4

Nuada continued forwards, trudging his way to the location of his opponent, but unfortunately for him, in focusing on the mana signature in front of him and cutting through the branches in his way, he failed to watch his feet, as one of his feet catched on an upturned root, causing him to trip and fall over.

However, it seemed that the enemy wasn’t going to just wait for Nuada to show up, as he could feel the mana signature approach. A small burst of lightning out of the corner of his eye confirmed their presence, and gave him a split second’s warning as an arrow sailed towards him, one he only narrowly managed to dodge by rolling out of the way.

Getting up, Nuada attempted to charge at the opponent and attack back, but his enemy was too fact for him, running and dodging away from the charge, not letting Nuada get close enough to begin melee combat.

Doc: 140
Irine: 200
Nuada: 200 Active Skill 2 turns

Ok, now all the units are in the same areas, so turns are likely to get a bit more interesting again. I will also be posting dialogue if Irine and Doc want to talk to the glycon.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 21, 2022, 10:52:57 pm »

"Yep. Holliday. Party of two. Here for some well-done steak."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 22, 2022, 09:31:25 pm »

noble phantasm.  murder him.
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 23, 2022, 01:22:14 am »

Irine and Doc

"Yep. Holliday. Party of two.” Doc replied, “Here for some well-done steak."

The snake blinked at him… or rather, the glow in its eyes shut off momentarily before coming back on, as if it had to reboot to register what Doc had said.

“Sir, this is a doctor’s office,” it said, its tone sounding akin to a long suffering receptionist, “The doctor is very busy today. If you do not have an appointment, I am going to have to ask you to leave.”

Nuada
Nuada Activates NP: Loses 50 Mana (Now 150) (+ to Agility and Strength, +20 to damage, -3 to enemy roll under number for Endurance for Damage Resistance)
Rama Activates NP: Loses 50 Mana (Now 110) (+ to Strength and Agility until the end of combat.)
Nuada Loses 60 Mana (Now 90)

Nuada responded to the attack as he always did, activating his noble phantasm. His arm and sword glowed with silvery light as he channeled mana into them, and the world around him slowed to a crawl. He prepared to close the distance between him and his opponent… but he wasn’t the only one with a noble phantasm ready to be unleashed.

The air flashed with orange light and lightning, as Nuada heard a noise like a helicopter had just turned on and was getting up to speed. The lighting grew in intensity and blue bolts joined in, striking the trees around him as the sound came up to it’s full speed, and something burst through the tree line, slicing through everything in front of it, until it slammed right into Nuada.

He blocked some of the force with his arm, but whatever it was scratched his arm and left a massive gash across his torso and forehead before he could force it off, flinging it back where it had come from, where it was caught by a handsome young man with long orange hair and red eyes, dressed in a sleeveless top and black pants, with his golden gloves gripping the bow that had now slowed out of it’s spin. Despite his young age, he looked at Nuada with a warrior’s expression.

Nuada: 90 Active Skill 1 turns
Rama: 110 Active Skill 4 turns

I'm on vacation with my family, so while I'm going to try to keep the schedule up, if I can't, that is why. Anyway, possible thoughts for PI scores by rank.
Rank 1: 50
Rank 2: 100
Rank 3: 150
Rank 4: 300
Rank 5: 450
Though I'm still working out percentages for things, I'm thinking maybe 75%, 66%, 50%, 33%, 25%, and 10%, though I don't know what effects will apply at each one.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 23, 2022, 03:19:11 pm »

“Course I knew that. I’m a doctor too. He’s so busy he called for some outside help. Lucky I happen to be in town”

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 23, 2022, 08:05:30 pm »

kill him. 

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 25, 2022, 12:01:52 am »

No turn tonight, since I feel really tired and I'm going to try getting up early tomorrow to do stuff with my family. I worked out most of the rolls, but there is some uncertainty on how to proceed with some stuff on both fronts, some mechanics issues, some plot. Working out how crits relate to the PI system. I'm going to try to work out the issues tomorrow when I feel more awake and have a greater ability to properly figure things out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 25, 2022, 07:28:59 pm »

Irine and Doc

Irine 13 (Agility 12) (Coin Flip Heads)
Doc 10
Asclepius 7
Glycon (1) 12
Glycon (2) 6
Glycon (3) 20
Asterios 9

Doc Luck Check: 14 (Success), 13 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Doc Luck Check (Bluff): 6 (Success), 15 (No Crit), Remainder 14 vs 20 (Failure)

“Course I knew that. I’m a doctor too.” Doc replied, “He’s so busy he called for some outside help. Lucky I happen to be in town”

The snake looked at Doc, as if attempting to judge if he was telling the truth or not. The good news was, Doc had some of his dentistry equipment on hand, and the serpent seemed to notice it. It’s lights blinked again, as if it was processing, before its head nodded.

“Very well, I wasn’t told of any help coming, but the doctor is very busy today, and I’m rather new.”  The snake replied, “Wait right here a moment and I’ll let the doctor know you’ve arrived. For your own safety, wait until I get back, the security can be a bit… rash about removing supposed trespassers from the premises.

With that, the snake turned sound and headed in.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 100)
Rama Gains 10 Mana (Now 120)
Nuada Agility Check (Close to Melee): 18 (Success), 6 (No Crit), Remainder 6 vs 12 (Success), 10 (Crit Success), Remainder 8
Rama Agility Check: 13 (Success), 7 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 15 vs 17 (Success), 7 (No Crit), Remainder 7
Damage Check: 12 (Success), 16 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 2 vs 19 (Failure)
Nuada Loses 155 Mana (Now 0)
Nuada gains 10 Mana (Now 10)

Once more, Nuada attempted to get into range of his adversary, charging through the newly formed clearing, but despite the effect of his noble phantasm, his opponent seems to be able to move faster than him, dashing into the trees before Nuada can catch up.

As Nuada charges into the trees, once more cutting through the branches in his way, another arrow flies out, and this time, without the warning he had had from the burst of lightning last time, he didn’t have the time to dodge the arrow, as it sailed through his armor and struck through his spirit core.

Nuada’s body began to dissolve into golden dust, but once more, the mana in his body formed a shield around his spirit core, stopping the fragmented core from truly shattering, even as the arrow stayed in. However, it did mean Nuada was on risky ground.

Nuada: 10 Active Skill 0 turns
Rama: 120 Active Skill 3 turns

A decision I reached through talking to some other GMs, including the person who co-created the system. Crits will stay the same for the time being, especially as they became rarer since the switch to the D20, while I'll add the PI system which should make all PCs bulkier. After some testing with PI in place, if crits are still such an issue, I'm going to decrease the multipliers so that they don't take you from full to none in one hit. This is in the interest of avoiding changing too much at once and hoping to actually find what the problem is, if it is how much crits do, or the fact that characters are a bit too squishy and that MP and HP are the same bar. Regardless, I'm working out the PI notes so I can add them in starting in 1.4.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 25, 2022, 07:38:37 pm »

kill the guy.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41