Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35982 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2022, 08:53:06 pm »

cast active skill
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2022, 08:56:41 pm »

((I don't think the mechanics tests are canon lol))

"You know now that I think about it you remind me of a woman I used to know."

Doc changed the subject entirely, using the fox to illuminate his path to get a better view of the blood.

"Mostly 'cus you both like setting things on fire. Not that I can complain when she did it to save my bacon. Didn't click until I saw your big old fox nose."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2022, 11:10:45 pm »

Yeah, I didn’t do the turn earlier today since I didn’t think I was going out with friends tonight, but since I am, the turn will just be tomorrow.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2022, 11:11:48 pm »

no problem!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2022, 01:33:14 am »

Initiative
Irine 11
Doc 20 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 6
Glycon (1) 13
Glycon (2) 20 (Agility 12)
Glycon (3) 1
Asterios 5

Doc Luck Check: 6 (Success), 4 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Irine Uses Active Ability
Doc Agility Check: 2 (Success), 16 (Crit Success), Remainder 2
Doc Luck Check: 20 (Failure)
Glycon 3 Uses Shed Skin

"I... This place is draining me too much, I can't keep up.” Irine commented, leaning on the wall next to Doc, “I... Could you carry me please?"

Before he could answer, she shifted her body into flames, before reforming on the floor in her fox form.

“I don't want to slow us down.” she continued, sending the thoughts to him telepathically.

"Uh, is this a flag?” Doc said, picking Irine up, “Am I stuck going down your route now?"

“Flag?”

"Throne's really stingy with how it hands out modern knowledge aint it?" Doc questioned.

“I don't get it.” Irine answered, and Doc could basically hear her shaking her head in confusion.

"You know now that I think about it you remind me of a woman I used to know." Doc said, dropping the subject, he wasn’t going to even try to explain dating sims to his partner. He used Irine’s flames to lead the way as he continued following the trail of blood "Mostly 'cus you both like setting things on fire. Not that I can complain when she did it to save my bacon. Didn't click until I saw your big old fox nose."

As the two finished up their exchange, they reached a stone juncture that Doc had seen before, with his blood still painted on the edge of the doorway. Unfortunately, his blood was the only blood he saw. It seemed that his luck had run out, as the minotaur’s wounds had healed up by the time he had arrived at this section. He’d have to find a different way to track him.

Nuada
Nuada Uses Active Ability

In preparation for the fight, Nuada decided to enhance his sword now, so as to avoid having to do so in the middle of a fight. Closing his eyes, he focused his mana into his blade, the increased mana granting it a sharper edge and a little bit of extra kick, just in case he needed it.

Doc: 140
Irine: 200 Active Skill 1 turn
Nuada: 200 Active Skill 4 turns

I wouldn't normally count Irine's active skill being used, since it does nothing and I don't want you to lose a turn for it, but since you didn't have any other action this turn I figured there was no harm. I'm also currently looking into some ideas for an actual HP system besides Mana, potentially based on the Endurance stat. Servants will still be able to use their mana as an extended health pool, but this will be present so you aren't eating up HP to use spells and NPs, as well as for non servant enemies or masters.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 12, 2022, 02:53:29 am »

I'm also currently looking into some ideas for an actual HP system besides Mana, potentially based on the Endurance stat. Servants will still be able to use their mana as an extended health pool, but this will be present so you aren't eating up HP to use spells and NPs, as well as for non servant enemies or masters.
((I like!))
<I think we're close enough>
I extend myself outwards and Cleanse the area.

Irine
current form: multi-tailed-fox
mana: 200/200
active flames: 1 flame dance, 3 flame orbs, forest fire flames.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 01:19:20 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2022, 01:09:40 pm »

"Think you could use that big nose to sniff out - oh everything is on fire again *cough*"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2022, 01:17:30 pm »

((Um, there wouldn't be much to see when Irine uses Cleanse by Fire. That tech is all about her manipulating her soul-self, not physical flames. So no, everything is not on fire again.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 13, 2022, 11:10:50 pm »

Initiative
Irine 12
Doc 5
Asclepius 16
Glycon (1) 3
Glycon (2) 18 (Heads)
Glycon (3) 18
Asterios 1

Doc Luck Check: 13 (Success), 8 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Mana Check: 20 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 4
Doc and Irine debuffs removed

“I think we're close enough” Irine thought at Doc, who was rather distracted by trying to find another way to track the minotaur.

"Think you could use that big nose to sniff out-” Doc began to say, looking up from his search for a trail, but he was interrupted as Irine’s soul self expanded out from her body in something like a wave of ethereal heat, filling up the room.

As Irine’s soul expanded past them, both Doc and Irine felt the nausea and weakness they had felt since entering the labyrinth fade away, as the heat purged them of the effect of the Labyrinth. However, they were still no closer to finding out where the minotaur had gone.

Irine: 200 Active Skill 0 turn
Nuada: 200 Active Skill 4 turns

So the HP idea is a "Physical Integrity" bar, which I'm currently thinking of perhaps having a flat number depending on rank rather than a specific stat. I think that it will have effects to your physical parameters, agility, endurance, and strength based on what percentage of it you are at, with your Endurance rank affecting how much you are affected by having it at certain proportions. For instance, and these numbers are not official, someone with E rank endurance at 50% PI might have -3 to all physical parameters, while someone with A rank might have no effect until they drop to 10%. Servants will have the ability to use mana was an extended health pool, and non-servant enemies can potentially have a skill like that. You can probably also get passive skills that give you greater integrity or make integrity percentages hurt less. This is still just a rather basic idea so far, but I wanted to know what you think?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 14, 2022, 03:59:33 am »

((I like the physical integrity idea because it means that non-servants don't HAVE to have a large chunk of mana to be a threat when they don't have a good reason to have significant amounts of mana.))
<I can try I guess but I wouldn't count on finding anything>
Make this area into my territory while I see if I can smell where Berserker went.

Irine
current form: multi-tailed-fox
mana: 200/200
active flames: 1 flame dance, 3 flame orbs, forest fire flames.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2022, 09:09:27 am »

((i think it's great.  ))

find target.  kill target.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2022, 05:24:28 pm »

"...If you could do that why did ya make me carry you?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 14, 2022, 06:15:44 pm »

((Because I was a doof and didn't think of it.))
<Wasn't sure it would work and didn't want to fall behind.>

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2022, 01:19:13 am »

Initiative
Irine 15
Doc 6 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 2
Glycon (1) 6 (Agility 12)
Glycon (2) 7
Glycon (3) 17 (Agility 12)
Asterios 17 (Agility 27)

Doc Luck Check: 10 (Success), 13 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Luck Check: 5 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 7

“I can try I guess but I wouldn't count on finding anything” Irine replied, as she began sniffing around to try to locate the minotaur, as well as attempting to establish the area around her as her territory.

Meanwhile, Doc was feeling the effects of Irine’s soul expansion, stretching his now more comfortable legs.

"...If you could do that why did ya make me carry you?"

“Wasn't sure it would work and didn't want to fall behind.” Irine replied.

Her attempt to create a territory unfortunately failed. While this may not be magically the enemy’s territory, it is very much still enemy territory, and not a safe location to set up any kind of territory. However, her attempt to sniff out the enemy was more successful.

The scent of burning flesh and hair was not a pleasant one, but it was strong, and it was one Irine had a decent amount of experience with. As far as she knew, only one person down here had been lit on fire recently, so as long as she followed the scent, it should lead them where they wanted to go.

Nuada
Nuada Agility Check: 9 (Success), 11 (No Crit), Remainder 7
Rama uses his Active Ability: +3 to Agility for 3 turns.

Nuada began walking into the woods towards the enemy mana signature. He stepped over and around the roots, occasionally using his sword to clear out any branches that got in his way, but he wasn’t making very effective progress. He was still a decent distance from where he felt the mana signature.

Irine: 200
Nuada: 200 Active Skill 3 turns

Currently looking at something 100-150 for the base PI for rank 3, but I think it will need testing. Also, thinking that I will be moving Battle Continuation to PI rather than Mana, and setting it so that battle continuation's special effect over other continuations like Rama and Nuada's passive skills is that, depending on the rank, you can ignore the demerits of being low on PI for a certain duration, which increases as it goes higher, E being one turn, A being until the battle ends.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 16, 2022, 01:38:08 pm »

keep going.  kill target

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41