Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11541 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2022, 01:16:49 am »

Suzy

"I just jump around.  I can make beacons, but I've only been on tiny islets so far.. nothing really worth settling in permanently.  This is the biggest one I've yet seen, it could be big enough."

"Right now I'm looking for a base to settle down at, gotta figure out how things work.  And get my gear ready.. it's not right for this strange world."  She says this, while tapping her spacesuit.. "This is handy for the jumps, but the environmental support seems unnecessary, and it isn't much actual protection."

"Do you live here?  I could make a beacon and try to mash a few of these tiny islands together.  I think I could make some kinda tracker or navigation system if you're okay with waiting around while I figure things out."

"Or maybe even use this other thing here" and at this, she taps the briefcase "It's a tank, but that's a strong fighting vehicle.  A land fighting vehicle.  This isn't the right place for that sort of thing at all, but I think if I poke around for a while, I could make it into a spaceship or something, and then we'll be able to fly around anywhere."

Chat with these soldiers.  Try to make a sword, using Copper essence, a bar of Adamantium, and Minor Transmutation to make a copper-hilted adamantium sword.  Use the copper to make it suitable for chanelling electricity through the blade, too.

If possible, summon extra copper.  I've got an idea for some stupid tricks requiring copper wire.

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 01:39:30 pm by Devastator »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2022, 02:02:18 am »

Erik the Ninja

I don't think I like these ratmen. Hide in the shadows and watch them to see what they're doing.
Meditate to help keep myself from falling asleep while hiding in the shadows.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2022, 03:47:52 am »

Tob The Amazing

"Hello there, me and my friend here are looking for medical assistance as she seems to be suffering from some kind of ailment."
Talk to the wall guys and try to convince them to let us in.
Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2022, 03:53:31 pm »

EuchreRats
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Continue Looting the Nearby Buildings for Material to build up our Skaven Fortress and Start Burrowing Undergrown

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2022, 04:06:10 pm »

(I'd post, but to a significant degree, I'm waiting on Egan.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2022, 04:11:02 pm »

(how hard is it to write "Get Stabbed" as your action?)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2022, 04:24:35 pm »

(how hard is it to write "Get Stabbed" as your action?)
(Given that I ideally don't get stabbed, it's not a viable action.
More seriously, the main question is regarding whether we continue with combat or get to focus on more important things. As cooperation requires the agreement of both people while violence has no need for consent, which path we take is out of my hands.)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2022, 06:25:10 pm »

Quaster

Get some psionic essence and set up some mental traps for any hostile that wanders around here.

Free action?: Make a house, sleeping on the ground hurts.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2022, 06:29:17 pm »

Octavian Grey

Barring further action from Ailn (if such happens, then a different action will be declared and this one will be rendered null), Octavian will confiscate the knife currently lodged in the furniture and ponder means of more solidly restraining the woman beyond just the use of his hands (a rather inconvenient and implausible method in the long run).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 06:37:41 pm by Glass »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2022, 11:33:46 am »

Merisa 'cutthroat
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
"The large beacon moving may be a problem, although hopefully whatever doing that can be talked to, or distracted by fish"

Gaze into the Abyss in the direction of the large beacon, trying to figure out what it is
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2022, 01:33:48 pm »

Scarlet

"Just somewhere to rest up and get some medical attention. And some work, too, I suppose, but that comes when I can properly lift my arms."

Attempt to gain entry to the city/access to healthcare within it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2022, 06:17:05 pm »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Resist. Also, drown Octavian with blood.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 08:18:23 pm by Egan_BW »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2022, 06:41:23 pm »

sigh

Octavian Grey

Octavian will attempt to knock the madwoman out cold with his torch. He will choose to err on the side of too forceful rather than too weak, because this woman has shown no more restraint than the barbarians of home, no matter how much she resembles the less-hostile foreigners of the Mansion.

He will also attempt to confiscate the knife, though he will be careful in doing so to try to avoid getting stabbed again.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2022, 09:35:07 am »

Going to have to drop out of this game. I don’t have the ability to devote the time and effort that it, my fellow players, and Supernerd deserve. I apologize.
Black lives matter.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2022, 07:27:13 pm »

Turn 10

A shrouded figure knocks upon a large door. "Master Tao, there is an infestation of monstrous rats in the outer district. We need to do something or else the people will-"
"What? Rats? Feh! I told you that I was not to be disturbed unless there was an emergency! Now begone!"
"But..."

The scene fades with the echo of a loud slam...

---

Suzy
You talk with the soldiers for a while. You learn that they are members of an organization known as the Monterneros. They are not native to the floating islands and seem to be just as confused about them as you are. They don't believe you about the tank until you demonstrate that your briefcase is indeed a tank, after which they seem quite impressed.

They approve of the idea of some navigation system, and one of them mentions that attempting to backtrack in this place usually brings you somewhere other than where you came from.

You use your Negentrophic Manipulation and have no trouble creating a sword hilt and some copper wires from it. Creating adamantium falls outside the scope of Copper essence, but you are able to resolve that problem by actually having an Adamantium bar at the ready. Without the proper facilities you need to manually shift the Adamantium into form using your Minor Transmutation ability and the process leaves you feeling rather drained. The end result is an Adamantium Shortsword with a couple of copper tubes running through it.

EuchreRats
Roll D6: 5

Your army starts looting the nearby buildings, collecting materials and whatever food they contained. The few local denizens who chose not to flee the immediate area have been killed, and the people on the wall do not descend to get into striking range. You now have the means to support a larger population! For a while at least. You begin to burrow into the island. The first few feet of soil are easy to big though, but layers of rock lie beneath it and it will take some time before you can finish a fortified lair underground.

You have gained 2 Victory Points!

Erik the Ninja
Roll D6: 6

You hide in the shadows in order to keep tabs on the Ratmen, and somehome sneak all the way to their base that is on a much bigger island. The Ratmen appear to be gathering materials from some shabby buildings and digging around and stuff.

Roll D4: 4
You manage to meditate while doing this without falling asleep or otherwise having bad things happen to you.

You have gained an Essence of Darkness
You have gained an Essence of Thatch
You have gained an Essence of Carrot
You gained a sleuthing Passion

Merisa 'cutthroat
Roll 2D6+Dark: 2+1+1: 4

You try gazing into the Abyss, but all you can see is darkness. The extent of your knowledge of the beacon lies in your inexplicable knowledge of Negentrophy; the beacon is an immaterial entity that you are able to sense even through the astral fog but the purpose of this specific one elude you.

Octavian Grey
You raise your torch above your head to prepare to strike the girl once again. Suddenly: Blood! The girl has used a negentrophic ability to cover your head with blood! You spit and gag involuntarily to get rid of the portion of blood that was directly in your mouth. Gravity does its job and removes most of the blood from your face, and in the process your entire outfit is now stained with blood!

Sheer adrenaline keeps you on track and you strike the girl in your head as hard as you can with your torch, knocking her to the ground. She seems more durable than she looks, as you are fairly certain a normal person would have been knocked out by that last blow. You take the opportunity to pull the knife from out of the armrest. The double-edged knife is a bit odd, but it seems a bit more suited to cutting flesh than your old knife.

Your injury is still bleeding and you feel it may require attention, though not as badly as you feel you need a bath!

Quaster
Roll D6: 3
You spend some time to set up a few psionic traps. You are not entirely sure what kind of enemy to expect, so you set up an alarm that will alert you to the presence of hostile intentions.

You make an effort to gather essence that is specifically psionic in nature only to find that the immediate area seems to be void of it.

You consider making a house, but you don't have the materials to make a house out of.

Webster
For some reason you decide to eat an unstable psionic mass.

[1+1 vs 1]

Er... You just kind of... Phase through it, as it is kind of incorporeal. Fortunately nothing terrible happens as a result of this decision.

...You smell the distinct scent of blood coming from the house.

You have gained an Essence of Brain

Ailn
In spite of your affliction, your Negentrophic abilities still function as they should. You invoke Negentrophic Conversion(Blood) to create another Blood essence. You find that the use of the conversion ability is taking its toll on your body. You could do with some rest and food, though adrenaline is keeping you up for the time being.

You then invoke Negentrophic Manipulation to create a torrent of blood around the man's head. This falls short of being able to drown him however; as without means of keeping the blood in place, most of it falls to the floor. You get the feeling that this is the exact millisecond where diplomacy has ceased to be an option.

Roll Strength: 2
In spite of this, you are unable to escape his grip until he already has his torch en route towards your head again. You are unable to avoid it!

Roll Endurance: 4
The torch comes down at your head and you are knocked to the floor, landing on a bloody ruined carpet. You don't think all the blood trickling down your face is of the conjured variety...

Roll Willpower: 10
You shake your head and assert yourself, freeing yourself from the effects of whatever the fuck was in that can.

... The man has pulled your knife from the couch. True to its name, it really was a double-edged knife!

Scarlet
You go to talk to the wall guys. They appear to be suspicious of you based on your appearance. They ask you some fairly mundane questions, but ultimately decide that you are civilized to the point where they are willing to let you and your companion in, though you note that they referred to you as a "Spirit Beast" during negotiations.

The city beyond the gates is a stark contrast to the rough farmland villages outside. The buildings appear quite primitive to you, though you can tell that quite a bit of effort was put into them. In the distance you can see an even taller wall, in a circular shape blocking your view of what would be the center of the city.

One of the guards suggests that you go to see someone they referred to as "Physician Jian Yu", pointing you to a road to your right.

Tob the Amazing
You go to talk to the wall guys. They appear to be suspicious of you based on your appearance. They ask you some fairly mundane questions, but ultimately decide that you are civilized to the point where they are willing to let you and your companion in, though you note that they referred to you as a "Spirit Beast" during negotiations.

The city beyond the gates is a stark contrast to the rough farmland villages outside. There are paved roads and nice looking buildings made of wood and stone, and the resident birdfolk wear clothing that ranges from decent to fine. In the distance you can see an even taller wall, in a circular shape blocking your view of what would be the center of the city.

A few of the locals seem far more dangerous than their appearance would suggest...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14