Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11561 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2022, 01:12:26 pm »

Scarlet

So that was how that worked. Made sense. It would be nice if the process of figuring all this out ran faster, but she wasn't going to complain about new information. If the environment affected what she got, then she should put things in that environment that were similar to what she wanted to do. In this case, she wanted to bolster her nanites if nothing else, while she waited on a cure. A part of her was tempted to try and create fire to burn the microscopic bastard out of herself, but that seemed like a bit too much precision was required.

The other islands apparently approaching were also a concern, but she had too much on her plate right now to worry about that. Besides, one of them might be able to help. Scarlet almost laughed aloud at the thought.

Scarlet sends some of her nanites into the environment to attempt to recharge with the power cell she made, constructing a crude interface with it. She also focuses on the nanites as well as her medical supplies as she gathers more essence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2022, 06:37:26 pm »

Still got two one no-posters. Update is coming tomorrow even if they don't post their action.
If they do post their action it might be today.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:46:37 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2022, 10:52:31 pm »

Sneaky EuchreRats is no not problem. Grovel beg mercy unto Supernerd.  Offer to eat bodies of non-functioning players, yes yes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2022, 01:35:33 am »

What do we do if this continues to happen?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2022, 12:26:18 pm »

Turn 5

In the distance, you can see the silhouette of an extremely large island. Somewhere on that island a beacon is shining. This one appears to be larger than the other beacons...

---

Suzy
You decide to pick the fruit. When you do, you feel an odd sense of foreboding. Nothing bad seems to happen, but the island feels extremely gloomy all of a sudden.

You use your Water essence to create some water, and find that you were able to create it in its gaseous form even without the need for energy conversion. What you end up with is more like fog than rain. The island is now foggy. Somehow, it feels marginally less gloomy.

EuchreRats
You put your essence to work. Using your essence of filth, you create some kind of substance that even you find putrid and put it on the spears of your clanrats.

You also attempt to use your essence of wind to grant some of the skaven the ability to fly. You find that directly changing existing things such as skaven is not something that your Negentrophic Conversion can do, but you find a sort of workaround. You fill one of the skaven with some kind of super lightweight gas.

Death Roll: 6
The aerated skavenslave panics and starts freaking out, flailing frantically as it thrashes around in the air unable to control its movements. A few minutes later it manages to land. When it does, it runs away and leaps to another island all on its own, screaming all the while!

Having established your dominance, you arrange 36 of your Skaven into groups of six, and sent them to explore other islands as they draw near...

You aren't sure how long it will take before they find their way back to you as you didn't prepare a means of tracking them.

Erik the Ninja
You decide to attempt to cut a block of charcoal using shurikens.
Roll D6: 3

You manage to convert the block into chunks of charcoal, though you made a bit of a mess while doing so. You also spend some time meditating.

You have gained an Essence of Wood
You have gained an Essence of Silicon
You have gained an Essence of Tooth

Merisa 'cutthroat
You create a beacon, which is much like the other beacons out there; which you notice are getting closer together. You note that the art of creating a beacon is not very difficult and if you were so inclined you could probably do so at the same time as you are doing something else.

Octavian Grey
You enter the ruined house through a broken window. Within is a dirty couch as well as some other furniture. There is also a picture on a frame depicting a mundane terrestrial landscape, and a few broken technological devices. In the corner underneath a small end table are a few metal canisters filled with liquid. The word 'Whoopass' is written on the cans in big bubbly text.

You also make an effort to twist your essence of Ectoplasm into a spell. Once again, the essence twists the spell in a thematic and probably undesirable way.

16 - "Caster learns target ghost's magical properties", 1 Essense

Liberty G. Jefferson
You turn has been skipped again. Until you post another action, I will no longer wait for you.

Tob the Amazing
You grab the pot with your mouth, and the piece of pottery's shape becomes even worse for it.

You decide to head to another island. This one is much like the first island, being made of stone and not having any particularly noteworthy features. On the ground are a number of what appears to be the contents of a first aid kit and some manner of contraption. Standing here is what appears to be a teenage girl.

Quaster
You decide to go with the brute force method, and attempt to directly tap into the essence of the entity.

Roll D6: 2
You focus and attempt to drain your enemie's essence while it tries to do the same to you, sans the focus. You end up losing in the tug of war, but you don't end up completely empty handed from the exchange. The fog starts to return to its original behaviour, and the entity turns around and starts to leave; no longer on fire.

You have lost your Essence of Rock and Plastic
You have gained an Essence of Fire

Webster
You decide that you don't like the boat, for whatever reason. There isn't really a whole lot to ransack, and the oars of the boat are a bit unwieldly on account of the fact that you are a goose. It takes a couple of hits, but you are ultimately able to make a hole in the bottom of the boat. You then fly away to the next island.

You approach a new island, which is smaller than the other ones. The surface of it is reflective much like a mirror.

Ailn
You make a beeline for the other beacon, and the very next island seems to be the one you needed to get to. It is another stone island, this one is larger than the one you were on before. You see what appears to be a ruined house in the middle, and some kind of floating mass of some kind of non-negentrophic energy floating about a dozen meters away from it. The beacon is inside the house!

... You also notice another beacon light up, on a more distant island.

Scarlet
You send some of your nanites into the environment, and they do something with both the conjured metal and power cell which hopefully will give them an edge in their conflict while you try to focus for a while.

After a while your meditation is interrupted by the arrival of what can only be described as a grey unicorn wearing a large hat and a cape!

You have gained an Essence of Wind
You have gained an Essence of Chlorine
You have gained an Essence of Egg
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2022, 02:35:57 pm »

Octavian Grey

Octavian, as a Roman of aristocratic upbringing who only ever spend a brief period within the Infinity Mansion and is not yet omnilingual, has no idea what in Pluto’s domain a “can of whoopass” is, nor does he comprehend what the technological debris scattered about him might have once been.

Instead, he does the only thing that has reliably helped him so far. He prays.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2022, 03:47:36 pm »

Erik the Ninja

Continue in the general direction of the observed beacons, aiming for the large one which is probably plot-related.
Convert Essence of Silk into a cooler and more elaborate outfit.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2022, 03:00:52 am »

Tob The Amazing

"Oh hello there, I guess I'm not alone here after all, do you know where here is I just kind of showed up here?"
Look around and see if any bigger islands are close to this one, also do some meditating.
Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 02:18:21 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2022, 03:28:42 am »

Suzy

"That's water.. there's just one more thing a plant needs to live."

Use an essence of fire to create a small sun, to produce some light and heat for the plant.  Jump so it's up high.

Then relax and meditate for a while.  Is there anything else necessary?

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:53:30 pm by Devastator »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2022, 04:01:22 pm »

Quaster

Turn some of my shedded skin cells into a bunch of grass that excludes essence.

After that is done, adapt my body to be more efficient in gathering and using essence.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2022, 05:05:46 pm »

EuchreRat

Eh, Get More Essence.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2022, 06:18:29 pm »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Barge into the house, knife ready!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2022, 08:05:28 pm »

Webster
Webster stares into the reflective flooring in fascination "HENK?" Stare into the eyes of the thing looking back at me. (and when nothing inevitably comes out of that move onto another island)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2022, 05:51:15 am »

Merisa tries to think of a way to get people to come to her, trying to go directly in the direction of another beacon may be a danger, but not moving at all does not help much at finding people either, Merisa Tries to find a rock in a direction not directly as any of the other beacons and try to take the beacon with her.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2022, 09:41:11 am »

Scarlet

A. . . unicorn? Sure. It was weird, but not even in the top five weirdest things she'd seen this month. "Don't suppose you can talk?" she asked, still trying to maintain focus on what she was doing. "Would help keep me sane in my dying moments here."

These "essences" she had were. . . difficult. She was always a pretty grounded thinker. Use the tools at hand, shoot the guy, break the thing, take the stuff. Focus on what's in front of you. This stuff seemed to be more abstract. What would Sadish do. . .

Use the Fire and Egg essences to make a phoenix egg, which will hopefully boost vitality on exposure to/consumption of or something.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14