Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11542 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2022, 10:54:36 am »

Liberty G. Jefferson

”And to think I was going to spend my Saturday in the garage. This is so much more interesting."

Liberty experiments a little. Drawing some essence from the stone slab she stood on, creating some of her own, seeing what shapes she can create with it - quick and methodical.
Black lives matter.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2022, 06:04:10 pm »

Webster

Webster looks around confused "HONK? HONK!" Where did the tasty rats go? Peck on my Wiki-o-Matic something isnt right here!

(Sorry for the late reply didnt realize the game has updated will be much faster with my responses in the future)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 06:05:58 pm by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2022, 06:21:08 pm »

Out of nowhere, some girl falls out of the sky.
Umm. Is it a girl with all our demonic stuff she has? Shut up, best be glad her idiocy let her survive whatever that was..
"Ow..." (In other news, Tim just rolled a 1.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2022, 06:23:06 pm »

Wasn't expecting to get upwards of ten applications for this one. Applications are going to be officially closed 20 minutes after the time that this post was made in order to give everyone 24 hours to see this thread. (Edit: Applications are now closed)

As I need to dive into each game in order to do your characters justice, players who have already posted an application may change their links after that time.
Sorry, Tric, but unless you got specific permission from Supernerd elsewhere, admissions are closed.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2022, 06:30:10 pm »

Sadness.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 08:43:48 am »

Wasn't expecting to get upwards of ten applications for this one. Applications are going to be officially closed 20 minutes after the time that this post was made in order to give everyone 24 hours to see this thread. (Edit: Applications are now closed)

As I need to dive into each game in order to do your characters justice, players who have already posted an application may change their links after that time.
Sorry, Tric, but unless you got specific permission from Supernerd elsewhere, admissions are closed.
Maybe you could let Supernerd determine what happens in their own forum game?  >:(

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2022, 08:24:49 pm »

Turn 2

I am not going to be allowing new players to join at this time. 11 players is already stretching it. With any luck, someone else will host something similar to this. If they do I would appreciate a link or something.

If you see something that looks like a mistake, point it out.

---

Suzy
You put on your suit. Considering that you are on a relatively small floating rock, the conditions seem as close to planetary as they do to the void. A quick test reveals that your suit is able to lift you above ground, but it isn't particularly fast here.

Your body feels... Actually you feel a bit odd. You don't look any different physically, but you aren't going to write off the possibility that you are completely unchanged just yet.

You spend some time meditating...
You gain 1 essense of Water
You gain 1 essense of Copper
You gain 1 essense of Fire

EuchreRats
You decide that 10 members of clan EuchreRats should be killed.
Roll D6: 1
So it turns out that the average skavenslave has a strong preference for life as opposed to death, and the skaven you designate for slaughter decide to revolt against EuchreRat 003 before he is able to give them a practical demonstration of their new magical powers!
Roll D6: 3
EuchreRat 003 ends up being pretty badly beaten before everything settles down. Perhaps you should try to get your essence from something else.

Erik the Ninja
You decide to meditate while simultaneously using a massive amount of lightning magic to attempt to pilot a floating stone island. I would question how you could possibly be in a meditative state while doing so if I didn't know the kind of place you came from.

You gain 1 essense of Fire
You gain 1 essense of Silk

Roll D6: 1
You start to channel lightning magic into the stone island. This does not cause it to start moving. You continue to channel lightning magic while in a meditative state. Perhaps this was not the best decision you made. After a while you are jolted out of your meditation by a burning pain in your legs! The stone you were on top of liquified from the intense electricity. You are going to have trouble with walking for the foreseeable future. Also, the pain.

You gain 1 driving Passion

Merisa 'cutthroat
You find yourself holding a cigarette. You aren't sure if you'll be able to get more of them so you may need to ration the ones you have left. But that can be a problem for later.

Roll 2D6+1: 4+3+1
You gaze into the abyss, which gazes back in turn. You see yourself in the bathroom, talking to someone. The world comes to a halt, the colors of the world fade to black and white. A large crack appears over the scene like a baseball shattered a window. A horned skull emerges from the center of your vision and gradually begins to grow. A whirlpool of color spins around you. Then you see fire, fire everwhere. Nothing but fire. The skull comes back into view. The skull looks bored.

Octavian Grey
You activate a Beacon on your torch. The beacon emits no light, and has no physical form. Despite this, you can clearly sense its presence. Wherever the beacon is, you will be able to sense its location even through the fog.

You ask if anyone is there. Its unclear if anyone could hear you. Shortly after you say it though, you can feel the presence of another beacon. It lies beyond the island, moving across space in odd patterns. Perhaps someone is out there? It seems that it would be possible to leave the island to go to another one if you wait for one of them to get close enough to the one you are currently on.

You pray to Mercury, and some essence flows into you. You get the feeling that this is just the ambient power of this place, and not necessarily a boon from an actual diety.

You gain 1 essense of Gold
You gain 1 essense of Grass
You gain 1 essense of Earth

You somehow know that the type of essense does not matter for casting the magic you evolved in the mansion, but it does matter if you actualize the power of manifestation.

Liberty G. Jefferson
You activate Negentrophic Conversion(Metal) and create 1 Metal Essence, which you immediately use for the purpose of experimentation. You end up with a cube of metal, a sphere of metal, a möbius strip of metal, and a metal gear. Its pretty versatile.

You also feel as if you've just spent 30 minutes at the gym. Its unclear if negentrophic conversion can help with dieting or not.

You also try to draw in some essence from the stone island. You notice that more of the essence actually comes from the air between you and the ground than the ground itself. The rock island seems to be... Conceptually weak?

You gain 1 essense of Earth
You gain 1 essense of Paper
You gain 1 essense of Dust

Tob the Amazing
Oh! You have a name. That's going to look a lot nicer than 'A grey unicorn wearing a large hat and a cape' on the update posts. You talk about how you would like to know what is going on, but get no response. Possibly because there's nobody else here.

You move over to the edge of the rock island you are standing on, then sit down. Its a bit tricky to grab something with your big ol' unicorn hooves, but before long another rock gets close enough for you to grab onto it with your mouth. Holding it in place takes surprisingly little effort.

As you make contact with the rock, the fog between the two islands gently rolls away, permitting you to see the other island in detail; albeit at an awkward angle. The new island appears to be a bit more interesting than the one you initially ended up on, having a few pools that consist of some kind of colored liquids. You see one of red, one of green and one of blue.

Quaster
You don't really know all that much about the place you ended up in, so there aren't a lot of obvious genetic alterations to make. You make your skin a greyish brown in order to camoflage with the stone islands, and remove a few of the most situational modifications intended for voidship habitation to reduce your energy consumption.

You try using telepathy in order to see is anyone else is around. You quickly notice that the fog at the edge of the stone island impairs your ability to detect things beyond it even by psionic means. It produces a cacaphony of something that isn't quite lucid though, but a vast amount of fractional 'concept'. In spite of this, you can sense a few particularly large psionic forces in the distance in a few directions. They move around in odd patterns, and seem to occasionally phase out of reality and reappear somewhere else. Asserting you will strongly enough to try to interact with them is not likely to be possible during a meditative state.

You gain 1 essense of Rock
You gain 1 essense of Vapor
You gain 1 essense of Plastic

Webster
You re-introduce your beak to the Wiki-o-Matic. It says your status is "Unknown" and you still have 0 WikiBucks and 0 Points. It seems that the powers it granted you have not been revoked or anything.

You activate the Wiki-o-Matic 2000's radio feature. It emits a sort of warbling sound that would almost sound like music if you were had really bad taste in music, had poor reception and were also deaf.

Ailn
Fortunately, you still have the junk you were carrying when... Whatever this is happened. Shame about the stuff you weren't carrying though.

You conjure a beacon. Despite being called a beacon you cannot actually see it, but you just know it is there. In fact, you know you would be able to tell where the beacon is no matter where it goes. Curiously, you detect another beacon being created at roughly the same time as your own. It is moving through space in odd patterns. It would be possible to follow it if you so choose.

You wield your double edge knife and attempt to scratch the stone ground below you.
Roll Strength + Corruption: 1+3
With enough pressure you are able to put some scratches in the stone. With the amount of effort it took, you get the feeling that you will not be able to cut through everything. You stop slicing at the ground before too long. You are pretty sure you could make a deep cut if you really tried, but you have already learned what you wanted to know; no need to dull the knife's blade unnecessarily.

Scarlet
You spend some time trying to focus. The environment such as it is, contains no shortage of essence; but the trickier part is getting the specific kind that you need.

You consider the problem and what you know. The nature of Negentropy is to bring about order, or more specifically the antithesis of entropy. It does not break things down; at least not directly. It can, however, be used to create things and the things it creates can be perfectly capable of breaking things down.

You also somehow know that you have some degree of magic resistance; which prevents people from being able to simply creating a block of poison directly inside of your body using the power of Negentropy. For reasons that do not make much sense from a scientific point of view, this does not apply to you casting Negentrophic Manipulation on yourself.

The essence that you were able to gather might be able to help, if you can figure out the right way to utilize it.

You gain 1 essense of Metal
You gain 1 essense of Lightning
You gain 1 essense of Wood
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2022, 08:32:14 pm »

Erik the Ninja

Meditate to gain more essence.
Try to detect any beacons that might be out there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2022, 08:48:10 pm »

With any luck, someone else will host something similar to this. If they do I would appreciate a link or something.

Considered one for dead characters, but the truth is I'm not sure how many players would be able to join that one as I haven't seen very many killer GMs recently~

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2022, 08:53:57 pm »

Quaster

Modify the nearby environment to be able to produce more essence.

Meditate while sending out a powerful psionic signal.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2022, 09:17:11 pm »

Scarlet

Metal, Lightning, Wood. Sure, she could roll with that. It would distinctly help if she actually had a medical degree and not just several decades worth of tips, tricks, and practical experience taping people together so they could survive until a real doctor arrived. Okay, Scarlet, focus. You're still dying but you should have some time left because of that damned sex bot. What do you need to kill this thing? It was overwhelming her attempts at brute force. The creator or controller or whatever the hell the rainbow Cane was wasn't around to turn them off, not that he would. Nobody knew anything about it other than that it was mindbogglingly complex. "Information. That's it. If I know what it is, I can kill it."

Use the essences of Metal and Lightning to create a medical scanner capable of comprehending the virus, and hopefully telling Scarlet how to kill it or shut it down, then give that instruction to her nanites.
If I can, use the essence of Wood to grow a medicinal plant that grows something that would alleviate or cure her pressing issue, using the prior information.
[/i]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2022, 12:53:08 am »

EuchreRats
After a turn of standing around, we should have enough rat droppings so that EuchreRat 003 can channel that for essence.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2022, 01:31:55 am »

Suzy

The image of a gray cat begins speaking.

"Magic's a bit funny here, Suzy.  It's a safe enough place, but we'd better keep the suit on for a while.. I'll need some time to check out everything we can do."

"..although, first guess is that things are looking good.  Magic here seems to be even better.  If we can find a safe place here, I'll figure out what we can do now."

"There doesn't seem to be much here but this small rock." Suzy says, after wandering around.  "Ready, Timo?" she says, crouching down for a leap.

"Okay, Go!"  The floating image bends down to fly superman-style, despite it serving no purpose.

Leap to a new island.

I'll do a proper survey of the body later.  Hopefully there won't be too much to fix.  For now, lets see if we can find a safe place or some raw materials.

Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:49:03 pm by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2022, 01:33:03 am »

Octavian Grey

Familiar elements, albeit in an unfamiliar environment. They... comforted Octavian, to a degree.

He looked out, into the mist. He couldn't see, but... the feeling.
There was someone else out there.

Prayers are muttered. One to Mercury, for safe passage. One to Hecate, that his gift of the arcane might serve him.
One to whatever spirit - or spirits - rules this place. It would be disrespectful not to, after all.

With these words on his lips, Octavian sets out into the great unknown. Seeking his fellow light.

Slightly... disconnected from the rest of himself, Octavian pokes slightly at his arcaneries.
Attempts a minor change, as he might have made within the Mansion.
"Caster becomes omnilingual, permanently" (Was "Target")
Hopefully, it should become simpler to cast. Greater specificity had seemed to reduce spell costs within the Mansion, at least from what he'd heard.

Within him, a single essence of Gold is granted as payment.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2022, 04:52:32 am »

Tob The Amazing

Try to get onto the island I grabbed then see what's investigate the colourful water, but don't drink it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14