Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11553 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2022, 11:05:27 am »

Spoiler: Apologies (click to show/hide)

Liberty G. Jefferson

Even if she can’t directly change stuff that already exists with her powers, they’re already shaping (heh) up to be incredibly useful in her various projects. No more machining, no more lathes, no more angle grinding — well, she really likes grinding angles, so maybe that one can stay. But being able to just will whatever’s in her mind to become a reality is going to cut so much wasted time out of her life. She can’t wait to see what she can really do with it.

But, uh... Liberty can’t make anything until she gets home from wherever this place is. So that’s priority number one. Getting home. Priority number two is hoping really really hard that her powers aren’t tied to this place and she’ll keep them when she leaves.

Hey, it’s another one of those... things. The things that she can kind of feel in her brain but hasn’t been paying attention to. This one’s really noticeable for some reason. If she’s lucky, going there will help her get out. Or at least meet someone else. It’s a little lonely here.

Liberty makes her way over to the large island with the giant beacon on it. Before she leaves, she absorbs the big gear back into essence.
Black lives matter.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2022, 02:35:17 am »

A. . . unicorn? Sure. It was weird, but not even in the top five weirdest things she'd seen this month. "Don't suppose you can talk?" she asked, still trying to maintain focus on what she was doing. "Would help keep me sane in my dying moments here."
"Hello there, I guess you didn't hear me earlier, not sure how much help I'll be with your ailment but I'll try, also you wouldn't happen to know where we are?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2022, 08:46:13 pm »

"Sorry. Bit distracted. I have no idea where I am, just that I suddenly have the power of creation and still can't blow up the supervirus eating my everything. No, it's not contagious."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2022, 03:01:21 am »

"Sorry. Bit distracted. I have no idea where I am, just that I suddenly have the power of creation and still can't blow up the supervirus eating my everything. No, it's not contagious."
"I wonder if we'll ever figure out where we are, maybe one of the other islands has something we can use to deal with your supervirus or at least slow it down?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2022, 11:26:58 am »

"Maybe. I'm not optimistic."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2022, 12:27:02 pm »

(laser-armed microorganisms might be able to deal with them.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2022, 04:08:16 pm »

PTW + Waitlist for when you have an opening.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2022, 06:12:16 pm »

Turn 6

The large beacon draws ever nearer. You think you could jump to it if you were to make your move now!

---

Suzy
You expend an essence of fire in an attempt to create a ball of flames. The fire lasts for maybe about a minute before it fizzles out from a lack of fuel. If this had a desirable effect, it is not obvious.

You spend some time in meditation...

You have gained an Essence of Wood
You have gained an Essence of Fog
You have gained an Essence of Toothpaste

EuchreRats
You spend some time meditating to obtain essence.

You have gained an Essence of Water
You have gained an Essence of Dust
You have gained an Essence of Sponge

Erik the Ninja
You head in the direction of the large beacon as you use Negentrophic Conversion to make a better outfit. The outfit itself turns out pretty well with a few minor issues. Your new silk garment turned out to be mostly white and brown in color, with a yellow trim. It seems that the essence had a bias towards such colors for some reason. The outfit is also a singular piece with no buttons or similar clasps.

In your travels you find yourself on an island with patches of grass. You see what appears to be six anthropomorphic rat people on this island. They are currently fighting over some cabbages.

Merisa 'cutthroat
Moving the beacon around with you proves to be no challenge, and the beacon appears to be completely weightless. It occurs to you that as long as you are near a beacon, stealth will probably be out of the question.

Regardless, you move to another island. This one is a bit smaller than the one you were just on. You notice that there are some crystalline outcroppings coming from the island.

You notice that the two other small beacons are now within just a few meters of eachother...

Octavian Grey
You leave the various objects in the ruined house alone, and the objects seem content to leave you alone as well...

After some time, someone barges into the house, along with a beacon! It appears to be a woman brandishing a knife. She does not look particularly well.

You have gained an Essence of Lightning
You have gained an Essence of Brick
You have gained an Essence of Pipe

Liberty G. Jefferson
You attempt to reabsorb the gear, but you find that the gear does not change back. It seems that you would need Entrophic power to break it back down: the very antithesis of the Negentrophic power that you actually wield.

You jump to a nearby island. This one is similar to the one you were previously on, but it has a covering of dirt on it. There is a patch of tall blue flowers, and a flying insect about two feet long with a bright blue abdomen is hovering around the flowers. It pays you no heed. You notice that the island with the large beacon may be just a single jump away...

Tob the Amazing
You talk to the girl. As you do, you notice the beacons shifting. The large one draws closer, and the two small ones approach eachother.

Quaster
Roll D6: 4

With some time and effort, you manage to convert some of your lost skin cells into grass seeds, though the growing conditions here are nowhere near ideal for it. It seems that this grass does not directly have any negentrophic potential in spite of having come from you.

After a few tests, it seems that genetics has absolutely nothing to do with negentropic power. While you somehow know about how negentrophy works, you are not certain why this didn't work.

You did however, figure out a means to adapt your body. While you don't know how to increase the amount of essence you can obtain, you do know that 'meditation' is the means by which you can collect it. Rather than directly increasing the effectiveness of this, you could instead set things up so that less tasks require you to halt your meditation. One such method would be to create a secondary brain which you can delegate tasks to.

Even with your psionic abilities and skill in genetic manipulation, messing around with your own brain is not something to be taken lightly. Any number of problems could arise if you choose to pursue this path. It is also worth noting that an quality brain will consume a lot of energy.

Webster
You gaze into the reflective floor of the mirror island. Despite the fact that the surface of the island is far from smooth, your image is reflected perfectly upon it. In response to your 'question', you get a response!

Your reflection asks you. "Don't you think its time to stop?".

Ailn
You barge into the house with your knife at the ready. Within is a dirty couch as well as some other furniture. There is also a picture on a frame depicting a mundane terrestrial landscape, and a few broken technological devices. In the corner underneath a small end table are a few metal canisters filled with liquid. The word 'Whoopass' is written on the cans in big bubbly text.

Inside the house is a tall man with tanned skin. He is bearing an unlit torch, which holds the beacon that you were initially drawn to!

Scarlet
You use one Fire essence and one Egg essence in an attempt to create a phoenix egg. Disturbingly, it seems like it might have actually worked! Before you lies an egg, about a foot tall. It is orange in color, and is very warm to the touch. It is unclear if it has any medicial properties however.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2022, 07:13:48 pm »

Glass, Ailn is from 1980's america, and is dressed appropriately to that, which may appear odd to an ancient roman aristocrat. Her knife is a double-edged camping knife, and in her other hand she's holding a billiard ball sized red sphere made from coagulated blood with the symbol of an eye on it. At the center of the eye is an occult symbol.

She points the knife at the unfamiliar stranger and speaks (in english:)
"Do you serve the silence?"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2022, 07:20:13 pm »

Webster
Webster jumps backwards slightly in fright "HENK! HONK! HENK!" AH ITS ALIVE KILL IT MURDER IT PECK IT TO SHREDS AHHHHH!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2022, 02:10:55 am »

Tob The Amazing

"Oh look at that you made a big egg what are you gonna do with it, also there's seems to be a bigger island coming closer, maybe there's a hospital, a doctor, or something to help with your ailment, if you don't think you can make it maybe I could carry you over to the island."

Grab Scarlet and the things she want's to take with us and head towards the big island.
Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 02:03:35 am by King Zultan »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2022, 02:24:45 am »

"Oh, so fire doesn't create energy forever from nothing?"

"Maybe we need something else to go with it, Suzy."

"Hmm...   So do you want to head for that big island?"

"I don't know, it looks kinda scary.  I think we gotta make sure you're okay here first.  Maybe forge a sword?  Probably something nasty living on the big island."

Jump, but NOT to the big island.  Jump away from the big island.

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 12:52:08 pm by Devastator »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2022, 06:33:30 am »

EuchreRats Jump Towards Large Beacon en-mass, bringing our beacon along.
Use Sponge and Dirt Essence to modify Beacon to the Horned Rat.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2022, 07:30:42 am »

She points the knife at the unfamiliar stranger and speaks (in english:)
"Do you serve the silence?"

Octavian Grey

The woman says... something. Octavian is unsure what, but it does at least sound like what the others from the Mansion spoke in - and, for that matter, there is some physical resemblance in her attire.
"Salve?" A greeting, albeit a wary one. Is the pointed knife truly necessary?

At least the woman is open with her intentions, though. As opposed to the barbarian that sought to cut him off from everyone else.

Regardless. There is already a way to make this encounter - and others like it - dramatically easier in the future. After all, he does have seven different essences, now.

Octavian casts "Target becomes omnilingual, permanently" on himself.

He tries recalling the language he had gone to the first time he attempted this.

"Apologies, you shall need to restate your prior inquiry. I was unable to comprehend you at the time you made it, but shall be capable now."

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2022, 08:50:13 pm »

Scarlet

"It's a phoenix egg. Or something. You know, the mythological bird? I figured eating something immortal or having it around or something might help. Shitloads of old mythologies do that and nothing has made actual sense since. . . I was going to say arriving here, but that was probably sometime around a damned rainbow Cane showed up on an already-botched retrieval mission." She shook her head. "Sorry. Rambling. If you think it's worth a shot then I'm all game. Just help me carry the power cell. And the scrap, too, if you can swing it."

Keep meditating while we move to the next island.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14