Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11540 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2022, 04:59:53 pm »

I have sent a PM to the player who has not yet posted their action. I am going to update tomorrow regardless of whether or not they get an action in. (Or possibly today if they do).
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2022, 10:23:00 pm »

I have sent a PM to the player who has not yet posted their action. I am going to update tomorrow regardless of whether or not they get an action in. (Or possibly today if they do).
Uh, I posted my action. Unless it was someone else, then carry on.
Edited my post to be more clear, sorry.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2022, 10:27:57 pm »

Don't worry. Someone was even later than you. (Though I will mention that I don't understand precisely how you are expecting your action to work)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2022, 11:23:55 pm »

Don't worry. Someone was even later than you. (Though I will mention that I don't understand precisely how you are expecting your action to work)
Roll a six, obviously.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2022, 07:35:09 pm »

Turn 4

Alright, you have waited long enough now. SOLDIER First's turn has been skipped as they have taken so long. Here is your update as promised!

---

Suzy
You gently touch the fruit. Nothing immediately happens when you do so. Your knowledge of Negentropy informs you that there is a significant amount of essence within the fruit; and it seems that you could draw some or all of that essence if you were so inclined.

Your microorganism colony inspects it. On a microscopic level, the fruit consists of many small 'chunks' that are not actually physically connected to eachother. Some arcane phenomenon must be at work here.

EuchreRats
You decide that you want to use essence to grow crops. You encounter a few issues however. The ground here is solid rock, which is not going to be sufficient for most standard crops. Watering crops may also be an issue.

Roll D6: 4
Though you are able to find some unknown seeds among the various... Brown substances... That came along with clan EuchreRat.

The first problem could be resolved using Negentrophic Manipulation to convert your Dirt essence into actual dirt.

In order to use Negentrophic Manipulation, you need to specify which essense you are using, as well as what you are using it to do. Your Negentrophic abilities fall outside the scope of the laws from your old world that bind you; Negentrophic actions like the conversion of essense will not trigger any dice rolls!

Erik the Ninja
Roll D6: 3

In spite of your leg injury, you manage to use Ninjaturgy to jump to a nearby island and strike a dramatic pose while in the air! Unfortunately, there was nobody around to witness that.

The new island that you inhabit seems to be made out of rubber instead of stone! You bounce on impact, but fortunately do not bounce far enough to be ejected from the island.

You expend an essence of carbon, and are easily able to produce a block of charcoal with it. It bounces once upon impact with the rubber island before it settles. It seems that without a specific shape in mind, this is the shape that came out when you used this ability.

Merisa 'cutthroat
You take some time to meditate. In the distance, you can sense two beacons. The beacons are getting closer together...

You gain 1 essense of Earth
You gain 1 essense of Sugar
You gain 1 essense of Fish

Octavian Grey
You make the leap to the next island in the direction of the Beacon, taking your own beacon along with your torch. You end up on another stone island. This one is quite a bit larger than the one you were on before. What appears to be a ruined house is in the center of the island. Another thing of interest is a floating orb of... Some ethereal energy that you cannot immediately identify, but can confirm is unrelated to Negentropy.

You notice that the beacon is close. You might be able to get to it with just one more island jump! But the beacon is slowly moving away. You would need to make haste if you want to reach it with your next jump.

Liberty G. Jefferson
Your turn has been skipped. Nothing significant has changed since your last action.

Tob the Amazing
You hang around meditating for a while. You find that the presence of the colourful clay smelling stuff has a very profound impact on the essence that you are able to gather!

You also try to make a pot out of the stuff. Its not easy with your equine hooves, but you manage to slap together something that vaguely resembles a pot! The material it is made out of is pretty wet and drippy, and it is unlikely to serve the function of a proper pot without being fired or something.

You gain 2 essense of Colour
You gain 1 essense of Clay
You gain 1 essense of Oil

Quaster
Roll D6: 3

You make an attempt to mentally dominate the entity, and quickly run into a problem. The entity is not only mindless, but brainless as well. Simply put, you can't sieze control of something that doesn't exist. This revelation makes its behaviour all the more strange.

You have a bit more luck with a brute-force psionic attack striking the entity in the approximate chest area. The Erlenmeyer Flask on the scale is knocked off and shattered, and the entity seems to be somehow lesser because of it. The shards of the flask turn to smoke and disperse.

While its not clear what drives the creature to act at all, the creature retaliates against you nonetheless. It starts to approach you, its arms striking against eachother and causing a trail of flames to be left behind it. The now-lowered glass on the scale glows slightly, and you are sprayed by some kind of liquid. Whatever it was seems to be pretty harmless against Xelqu. It is brownish-white in color, and smells of nutmeg and cinnamon?

More worryingly, you feel that some of the essence you previously collected escapes from your body as some kind of ethemeral vapor...

You have lost 1 essense of Vapor!

Webster
You wisely decide to leave for a new island in a prompt manner. You fly pas the edge of the island and into the fog. You can see the silhouette of several islands from there, but can't quite make out the details. As you fly you hear someone saying something along the lines of "¿¡Dónde diablos estamos y cómo llegamos aquí!?"

You land yourself on a nearby island, where you can no longer hear the hostile faction. The island is about as big as the first one, but for some reason there is a white sailboat on this island. At a glance it appears to be in half decent condition, but it may be hard to use as there is no body of water here and also because you don't have hands.

Ailn
Roll Awareness: 6
You gaze into the Blood Eye. You feel... Curiosity. It quickly becomes clear that you have managed to create a functional substitute for the Scholar's Eye!

You rest for a while. The other beacon is moving closer to you as you do. Clearly, whatever is out there wants to be found.

Scarlet
You take out your medical supplies and attempt to obtain essence from them. It seems to be having some kind of impact on the essence in the area, but its unclear how strong this effect is. Interestingly, the stuff you brought with you does not seem to be degenerating as a result of this process; rather it seems that the behaviours of the surrounding essense is somehow affected by the fact that this stuff is on the outside of your pack as opposed to on the inside.

... You notice that there are a two beacons not too far from you. Your island seems to have floated closer towards them.

You gain 1 essense of Fire
You gain 1 essense of Acid
You gain 1 essense of Gauze

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2022, 08:45:18 pm »

Octavian Grey

Interesting. Though not precisely promising. This... location, despite the metaphysical changes present, appears to bear some practical similarities to the Mansion.

Hmn.

Well, there is nothing to do for that. Or at least, nothing to be done immediately. More practical matters must take precedence.

Approaching the other beacon can wait. There is a ruin to explore and loot. And, for that matter, an orb to investigate.

He enters the building. Not through a door, of course; that could be risky. Who knows if this whole domain may be a room, and exiting may send him elsewhere? No, safer to enter through a window or other hole. Regardless, it is time to begin searching the location.

At the same time, he considers the Essence of "Ectoplasm" he has acquired. Toys with it mentally, and shapes it to a piece of spellwork.
Caster learns target's magical properties.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2022, 02:24:45 am »

Suzy

"Well, it's magic.  It's made of concepts.  Concept magic."

"Huh.  And it doesn't quite seem like fruit, either.  So probably can't plant it."

"Would eating it be okay?"

"I think so?  Shouldn't be a problem."

Pick the fruit.

"That said.. I do want to try something with this new magic, before we keep moving.  Have you ever felt rain, Suzy?"

"That's where water falls from the sky, right?  No, I haven't."

Use Water Essence and Energy Projection to try and turn a cubic meter of water into a large vapour cloud.. like a raincloud.  Summon the water and heat it up with energy.  Try to make it rain here.

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 05:49:11 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2022, 04:05:53 am »

Tob The Amazing

"I've made a shitty squishy pot, maybe one of the other islands has something on it to help make it not so squishy."
Set forth and hop to the next island when it gets close enough and hope it has something interesting on it, but grab my squishy pot before I leave.

Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 02:29:17 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2022, 06:53:25 am »

Quaster

Drain the essence from it’s body and make my body able to gather essence more efficiently

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2022, 10:01:22 am »

EuchreRats

Use Essence of Filth to add Poison to my Skaven's weapons.
Use Essence of Wind to give some Skaven the ability of flight.

Send empowered Skaven out to explore in 6 teams of 6.

All your bases belong to us!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2022, 01:58:13 pm »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Proceed with island hopping towards the beacon. Show the places I encounter to the eye but don't make stops till I reach the beacon.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 02:32:42 am by Egan_BW »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2022, 02:23:18 pm »

Erik the Ninja
"Cool, I unexpectedly didn't die."

Meditate here to see whether this island produces different essence.
Try to chip the charcoal block into manageable pieces with...uh, my shurikens, actually. Forgot I had those. Let me just put together an inventory of the things I had at the end of WK and the new things I have now.

"You know, it's tough to remember, but I'm pretty sure this sandstone charm was supposed to be swapped to someone else. Really wish I'd hung on to that one lady's shadow ball that I could live in."

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2022, 02:31:38 am »

(Decided to track my inventory so I wouldn't forget what essence things I've gathered.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2022, 03:57:40 am »

Merisa 'cutthroat

"Good, I was almost thinking I am alone here, let see if we can get them here"

Create a Beacon
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2022, 11:14:50 am »

Webster
Webster looks at the boat with fire in his eyes "HENK HONK HENK!" RANSACK THE BOAT AND POKE A HOLE IN IT BEFORE MOVING ON TO A NEW ISLAND ITS A PIRATES LIFE FOR THIS GOOSE HONK!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14