Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11526 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2022, 10:23:04 pm »

Turn 12

A new beacon lights up. It seems somehow fresher than the others?

---

Suzy
You use Negentrophic Manipulation to create a mass of Toothpaste through the length of wire, and create a beacon inside it. The toothpaste makes for a dubious adhesive but its connected for now. If they have a means of sensing the beacons, they will be able to find the toothpasted part of the wire.

You grab the end of the wire, then make an attempt to jump back to the island you just came from.

Roll D6: 2
You jump in the direction you came from, yet the island you ended up on is not the same! The islands constantly move around. It seems that if an island is important to you, it may be wise to mark it with a beacon so that you don't lose track of it.

On this new island, you notice a few things. It is covered in long yellow grass. There is what appears to be a tiger asleep in the center of the island. On the other side of the island you see a girl, who seems to be in a rather poor condition; covered in blood with a dagger pierced through her hand!

EuchreRats
You use your Plank and Metal essences to create armor. Due to the bulkiness of the items you make, you are not able to equip all of your rats, but you do manage to make enough gear for 20 of them. Combined with the bone daggers created by Erik the Ninja, you have some spear & shield ClanRats!

The ninja apprentices go with Erik to deal with the crocodile.

You also create some lemons. They aren't as popular as Erik's carrots but they'll do the trick. You figure you have enough food to increase your population safely.

Erik the Ninja
You use your essence of tooth to make weapons for yourself and the ratmen, being sure to make the coolest weapon for yourself. You note that the weapons you made are entirely made from some kind of tusk, and the handle in particular is not of an ideal quality.

You then go along with the ratprentices to go hunt a crocodile...

You approach the sewer entrance. It is dark, but as a ninja you would feel right at home were it not for the smell. The rat people seem to fare pretty well in the dark as well. Before long you encounter your quarry. The ratprentices hurl shuriken at the crocodilian beast. Some of the shuriken draw blood, and the beast glares at the rats. You quickly get the feeling that this is not quite an ordinary animal.

The beast opens its huge maw, and around it the filthy waters start to move! The water forms into spear-like projectiles and your ratprentices cower and flee. It seems you still have your work cut out for you!

You are left facing the monster alone. You use an Extermination passion, for some reason using neither Ninjaturgy or Lightning Magic.

Roll D6: 6
You drive your new bone katana into the croc, piercing pretty deep into it. You are surprised to find that it is not enough to kill it, once again confirming that this is no ordinary beast! It swipes one of its forelimbs in your direction; not quite a typical crocodile attack, but five meter-long claws made of water forms and moves along with it! You manage to evade the attack just in time... The beast looks pretty hurt.

Your Exterminator passion permeates your very being! You now have the ability to breathe poison mist! Note that you are not immune to your own poison.

Merisa 'cutthroat
You jump to a new island, not quite in the direction of the large beacon. You end up on a plain looking island, which appears to have a perfect geometric shape.

Not long after you do that, you feel a strange pull as the island starts moving! Then the island slams into another island, and the impact leaves you in a daze.

It seems that several islands have been combined into one island. There's the new island you jumped to, the one you just jumped from, a plain looking one in the middle and one made of ice.

On the ordinary stone one, you see an odd looking person. Not much more odd that the people from where you came from, but odd nonetheless.

Quaster
You utilize your supercharged psionics in an attempt to forcibly draw in essence from your surroundings!

Roll D6: 6
You hear a loud crash as three other islands violently slam into the island that you are currently on, the force of the unexpected impact knocks you prone!

The islands are now at least loosely connected to each other, and the fog between your initial island and the three others disperses. One of them has a number of bushes and mushrooms on it. One of them is made out of ice, and you feel the temperature around you lower. The third one is much smaller than the others and unremarkable if not for the fact that it is shaped like an icosahedron. You note that the third island did not seem to take damage from the impact.

What appears to be a human woman was on the Icosahedron, and was knocked down onto your island as a result of your action.

Oh, and you actually did manage to get some new essences.

You have gained an Essence of Thaumium
You have gained an Essence of Tooth
You have gained an Essence of Hat
You have gained an Essence of Balloon
You have gained an Essence of Flag
You have gained an Essence of Foam
You have gained an Essence of Turducken

Webster
You decide to respond to the man's comments with yet more violence! You see if it is possible to make a sword out of wooden splinters [3 vs 6] but the house's foundation does not yield to your strikes. You then proceed to attempt to kill everyone!

You charge right at the man! [2-3 vs 6] But his leather armor allows him to shrug off your attack.

You then notice that the woman is trying to run away! Resolutely wanting to kill everyone you chase after her before she can escape! [4 vs 5] you find that your movement is awkward as a result of the blow you previously sustained and you aren't able to get a good angle at her. She swings her impaled hand at you, and a few of your feathers are plucked by the blade!

The girl jumps to the other island and you realize that a choice must be made. Do you try to kill the man, or try to kill the woman? If you go after one you might lose the other in the fog.

Octavian Grey
You try honking at the Goose. You feel that the message has sort of got across, but the message seems to have been poorly received. If anything the Goose seems angry at you. Well, angrier. It lets out an extended angry sounding honk! The goose strikes the floor a couple of time, and shortly after it tries to ram you, but its attack proves ineffective against your leather armor.

The girl attempts to flee, and you attempt to grab her. You get ahold of her sleeve. You struggle for a moment until her upper garment tears and you are left with just a piece of bloody cloth in your hand! The goose gives her chase. You leave the house to find that the girl has jumped to another island. You might lose her if you do not immediately follow!

Ailn
You decide it is time to leave and turn to run away!

Roll Speed: 3
The man grabs your sleeve!

Roll Strength: 4
You try to keep going in spite of this and a piece of your outfit is torn, permitting you to run out the door! You are able to get a bit of distance from the man, but the goose then makes another attempt to strike at you! Finding it convenient, you make an attempt to gut the goose!

Roll Dexterity: 3
You wildly swing at that goose, but your knife only cuts feathers! You can see the edge of another passing island and your enemies are drawing nearer. You jump to the new island.

You find yourself on a fairly small island, covered in long yellow grass. There is what appears to be a tiger asleep in the center of the island. Blood drips from your palm and your heartbeat feels irregular. It also occurs to you that your blood eye is no longer in your possession.

... On the other side of the island, you see a girl in strange attire. She is holding some kind of rope which is partially obscured by the fog. She smells like mint.

Scarlet
You explain that you are not from around here and do not know who he is. The birdman takes this as a cue to introduce himself in what you assume is the most obnoxious method he could think of. He puffs up a bit and goes on about who he is and his accomplishments. Apparently his name is "Hong Guo" and he muttered something about an "Earth profound realm". You don't see much significance in what he says.

You mention that you are in need of treatment. Something clicks in his mind and he decides to interpret it as he likes, which seems to something along the lines of a derogatory 'your brain must be broken to not know who I am' or something like that. Fortunately though, he ultimately decides that you aren't worth his time.

Shortly after that, you and Tob find what seems to be the place. Its a pretty nice building with ornate columns, and a couple of short exotic looking trees in front of it. The door is about 8 feet tall, and is currently closed.

Tob the Amazing
You apologize but make a point of falling short of what the obnoxious bird was demanding. This does little to improve his attitude. He puffs up a bit and goes on about who he is and his accomplishments. Apparently his name is "Hong Guo" and he muttered something about an "Earth profound realm".

You weren't particularly interested, but you did notice that he is decidedly not taking up the entire width of the road and that your equine body is pretty quick. You manage to pass by him, though it seemed like he came dangerously close to escalating the situation.

Shortly after that, you and Scarlet find what seems to be the place. Its a pretty nice building with ornate columns, and a couple of short exotic looking trees in front of it. The door is about 8 feet tall, and is currently closed.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2022, 12:29:44 am »

(Oh, whoops, I thought we needed essence to make beacons, and was just using the toothpaste one for it.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2022, 12:36:42 am »

"Everything okay here?"

Suzy asks the wounded, bleeding woman, one hand on the wire, one hand on her sword hilt.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 01:30:06 am by Devastator »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2022, 01:24:16 am »

Merisa 'cutthroat
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Merisa slowly approach the odd person
"Hello, you know why the islands have merged? Haven't seen that before."
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2022, 04:00:44 am »

Tob The Amazing

"Well that didn't go nearly as poorly as it could have."
Go over and open that big door and so Scarlet can see whatever kind of doctor uses this this big fancy place, then once inside I guess I'll sit in a corner and meditate.
Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2022, 09:26:22 am »

Webster

(Rolling Heads or Tails for who I target Heads Octavian Tails Ailn Result: TAILS)

Webster

Webster glares at Octavian before (after a brief pause to try to get a weapon again) Webster begins charging after Ailn! "HENK! HONK!"

TRY ONE MORE TIME TO GET SOMETHING RESEMBLING A SABER THEN CHASE AFTER THE FLEEING COWARD BLOOD IS IN THE WATER SO THE SHARK MUST FOLLOW! (ALTHOUGH IF THE ARMORED HUMAN TRIES ATTACKING ME KILL HIM INSTEAD)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 09:33:39 am by Fluffe9911 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2022, 11:35:40 am »

Octavian Grey

Oh, good. She quit, finally. And the goose as well.

He was still covered in blood. Ugh.

Octavian exits the ruined building again (via the window, of course), and attempts to climb up to its roof. At least if anybody tries to interrupt him up there, they'll need to get up first.

Once there, Octavian prays to Mars and Aesculapius for armaments and the means of healing himself, in addition to a more general prayer to the god(s?) of this strange place. His armor is very useful, but no proper fight will be won if he is restricted to a dull kitchen knife.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2022, 11:52:03 am »

Erik the Ninja

Using ninjaturgy, shurikens and lightning, kill the crocodile and avoid being eaten. Try to absorb some kind of essence of crocodile in the process if possible.
Remonstrate upon the ratprentices for their cowardice, if I am still alive. To drive the point home, use my puppet essence to put on a puppet show about the value of teamwork.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2022, 04:14:51 pm »

Suzy

"I'm not here to cause trouble, I'm just looking for a place to rest."

"You think they'll find the beacon, Timo?"

The floating cat-illusion responds.

"Don't know.  Lets keep it up while we get settled, and maybe they can find their way here.  We can survey for them if they don't.

..I bet the tank would make a good anchor for the wire.  And it should be safe enough in there if anyone hostile comes by while we're resting."

Unfold the tank for a safe place to rest, trying to anchor the wire under the tank.

Then climb in and eat the fruit.

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 12:39:12 am by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2022, 11:50:27 pm »

Scarlet

Enter building, offer mercenary services in exchange for the Big Not Die.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2022, 11:01:50 pm »

I can't be bothered to PM the players who didn't post an action right now. Get your actions in if you want to keep playing, and if you don't want to keep playing let me know so that I can plan accordingly.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2022, 08:33:39 pm »

Sorry, I sort of forgot about this

EuchreRats
Send out search parties to scrounge for more resources and possible new subsidiary nests.
Gather essence.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]