Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11524 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2022, 09:20:18 pm »

Webster

Webster stomach grumbles in disappointment "HONK...?! HONK! HOOOONNNKKKK!" Without any further thought Webster charges toward the house!

STRANGE SMELL INSIDE HOUSE POSSIBILY FOOD?! AGH IM STARVING ATTACK AND OR EAT WHATEVER IS INSIDE THAT HOUSE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GAGGLE! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL POND! (ALSO MAKE SURE TO NOT EVEN BE REMOTELY STEALTHY ABOUT HEADING TOWARD THE HOUSE HONK!)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 09:26:41 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2022, 10:52:39 pm »

Suzy

Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)

"Okay, here's what we're going to do.. this place is a little small for a base, so.."

Unwind the copper wire, handing one end to the two soldiers.  Then, wait for another tiny island to show up in the fog.  Jump for it, while holding the other end of the copper wire.

After landing, wrap the wire around the small islet, and then follow it back, hopefully tying these two islets together.

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 03:55:23 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2022, 03:11:17 am »

Tob The Amazing

"Well this seems to be a nicer place then everywhere else in wherever the hell we are."
Ether carry or follow Scarlet to wherever she's heading then once there sit and meditate for a bit.
Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2022, 10:51:55 pm »

EuchreRats
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Use Negentrophic Manipulation to obtain more Essence!
Find a secondary site from which to start burrowing under the wall!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2022, 06:23:40 am »

Erik the Ninja

Hey, this is actually sort of helpful!

Manipulate the Carrot essence into the largest pile of carrots it is capable of making.
Use the carrots to bribe the ratmen into joining as my ninja apprentices, holding back the cabbage as the prize for whoever learns the most.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2022, 08:28:54 pm »

Quaster

Create a psionic feedback loop which continuously increases my power/essence

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2022, 08:32:06 pm »

Octavian Grey

Just kill the barbarian and be done with it. The knife through her throat should make it reasonably quick.
The torch in the off-hand can be used to smack away any attempts at lashing out.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 10:03:47 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2022, 05:26:32 am »

Merisa 'cutthroat
Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

"That wasn't particularly productive, I really need to find someone to go there and see what it is, hopefully the fight the two there had is over

Meditate while waiting to see what happen with the two beacons who seemed aggressive to each other
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2022, 06:08:37 pm »

Scarlet

Head to the doctor with Tob's assistance, and try to squeeze some meditation in on the way.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2022, 09:56:27 pm »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put Favor into Endurance x2, ending up with 0 Favor and d10 End.
Spear my own hand with the knife in his hand, then rip it away and kill him with my knife-palm.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2022, 11:59:42 pm »

Turn 11

---

Suzy
You hand off one end of a copper wire and jump to another island. The new island is covered in a greenish blue moss. Several snails with colorful shells lazily trudge along.

Roll D6: 1
With a bit of effort you manage to wrap the copper wire around the island. The island starts to drift away... Then it continues to drift away. The other end of the wire is now dangling below the island and you realize your mistake: You just told the guy to hold the wire, but you didn't tell him to anchor it down to anything!

EuchreRats
As it turns out, Skaven don't typically do things like meditation, but you do whatever it is that is the closest skaven equivalent to it. You also order some of your rats to find a site to burrow at.

Roll D6: 6
They soon report back to you to inform you that they found the unguarded entrance to a sewer along the wall!
Death Roll: 1
... However, the sewer itself did have a guard of sorts. Some kind of crocodilian creature killed three of your rats after they tried entering!

In other news, a man in strange garb arrived! It seems that he has brought along with him a large supply of carrots and has somehow convinced a significant amount of clan EuchreRats to train under him. This may be a threat to your own leadership! For better or for worse, you now have a unit of 20 shuriken-wielding ninja-apprentice Skaven!

You have gained an Essence of Metal
You have gained an Essence of Planks
You have gained an Essence of Lemon

Erik the Ninja
You use Negentrophic Manipulation to create a big ol' pile of carrots with no difficulty and make an effort to convince some of the ratmen to become your apprentices!

A few of them respond to your offer with violence, but after you beat them up with some flashy ninjutsu most of the onlookers were quite impressed, or at least the correct combination of intimated and hungry!

You manage to teach 20 of them how to use a Shuriken and for the most part they stopped trying to stab you! (At least for now)

Merisa 'cutthroat
You spend more time in meditation... The two beacons seem to be increasingly violent.

You have gained an Essence of Ice
You have gained an Essence of Glue
You have gained an Essence of Otter

Quaster
You somehow know that essence is not something that can be bolstered by a psionic feedback loop, but you certainly empower your psionics.

You channel all your psionic power into your own mind for several minutes, condensing it to a dangerous extent. You find that your brain is using more and more nutrients in order to sustain the feedback loop, and in order to safely harness the power you need to focus harder and harder upon it.

You will be able to unleash this power to use an extremely powerful psionic action. Until you do, you will need to constantly use the majority of your mental capacity in order to keep the bulging psionic forces in check. It is possible for you to condense it even further but if anything went even remotely wrong while you attempt to do that, it would more likely than not be fatal to you.

Webster
You fly in through a broken window! Honking like a horrible goose and smashing a shard of window glass that was not actually obstructing you just for the additional noise that it makes!

There is a man and a woman fighting inside the house. Both of them have suffered an injury from some manner of slashing weapon, probably the knife that is currently sticking out of the woman's hand in a way that differs from how a knife it supposed to be held. There is also a lot of blood on the floor, too much to be accounted for by their wounds alone.

Attacking head on without equipment or any kind of stealth forces you to resort to a strength based attack, inspite of this you immediately attempt to attack them both! You fly at and try to peck the man! [1-3 vs 5] the man counters you by smacking you with a torch! The strike leaves you reeling and you think the impact from the torch might have broke something! Ouch! You fly at and try to peck the woman! [8-3 vs 2] you land a few solid pecks to her noggin, but its not enough to actually take her down.

Octavian Grey
You make an attempt to kill the girl with her knife. She uses her hand in order to block your attack, and the knife pierces through the back of her hand. She manages to rip the knife out of your hand in a maneuver that looks like it is incredibly painful for her.

She continues to try to fight you with the knife still sticking out of her hand; though you are able to parry her blows with your torch.

Suddenly a crazy goose flies in through the window, honking like crazy! It flies straight at you, but a swift bash from your torch repels it!

Ailn
You expend the full extent of the favor that you have garnered, increasing your Endurance dice to a D10 and setting Favor to zero.

You attempt to use your own hand in order to block the knife.

Roll Speed: 8
You succeed. The knife pierces all the way through the palm of your hand and you are able to wrest control of the knife once again. Despite the success of this action, having the knife in your palm not only is less effective than using the grip of the knife, but it also hurts like hell.

Roll Willpower: 10
You push through the pain.

Roll Strength: 3
You attempt to kill him with the knife, still protruding out of your palm. Your attempts however have been thwarted by the roman dude's torch.

Roll Endurance: 6
You don't take any decisive blows (Aside from the knife sticking out of your hand of course). Your newly bolstered constitution enables you to continue fighting, but your position remains awkward.

Then suddenly a goose flies into the house! The goose announces its presence by honking like crazy! The Goose attempts to simultaneously attack you and the man with a flurry of pecks! The man wards the goose away from himself with the torch, and the goose gets a few solid pecks on you!

Roll Endurance: 3
The pecking isn't all that bad, at least it wouldn't be if that was the only thing you needed to deal with. Your vision begins to blur...

Scarlet
You and Tob walk along the road in order to find Physician Jian Yu. You see a pretty nice building that seems to be your destination. However, perhaps because you are Tob were both in a bit of a trance trying to get some meditation done, you bump into someone on the road.

"You dare!?"

The person you impacted is a particularly imposing specimen of the local birdfolk, with piercing yellow eyes, brilliant red Plumage, wearing immaculate white robes and boasting an overly inflated ego! It barely stumbles, but does not take the altercation well.

They are now obstructing your way, and unreasonably demanding that you need down and beg for its forgiveness!

You have gained an Essence of Fire
You have gained an Essence of Silver

Tob the Amazing
You and Scarlet walk along the road in order to find Physician Jian Yu. You see a pretty nice building that seems to be your destination. However, perhaps because you are Scarlet were both in a bit of a trance trying to get some meditation done, you bump into someone on the road, though you do note that he was sort of walking in the middle of the road.

"You dare!?"

The person you impacted is a particularly imposing specimen of the local birdfolk, with piercing yellow eyes, brilliant red Plumage, wearing immaculate white robes and boasting an overly inflated ego! He barely stumbles, but does not take the altercation well.

He is now obstructing your way, and unreasonably demanding that you need down and beg for his forgiveness!

You have gained an Essence of Fire
You have gained an Essence of Soap
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2022, 12:30:54 am »

Octavian Grey

Octavian grits his teeth in a grimace. This is exceptionally tiring.

Barely thinking about it, he... ah... honks, at the goose.
"Bad woman attack-threaten me! Very not pleased! Leave me alone!"
Omnilingualism is, ah. All languages.

At the same time, Octavian attempts to bash the woman's head in with his torch, while grabbing the limb she took the dagger with by the lower arm, which would allow him to prevent her from finagling the blade into any location where she might be able to stab him.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Congratulations Fluffe, your honks need to have translations now. Even if they're just simple ways of expressing an emotion.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:33:19 am by Glass »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2022, 12:39:29 am »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Ugh... Just die, won't you!?"

This bastard is mysteriously harder to take out than an average homeless person. Really just proves that he's a Silence agent.
Retreat, I can gather more Favor and kill him later.
Gut the goose on the way out if convenient.

((Counterpoint: goose honking isn't a language, since there's realistically no pattern of honking you could make to get across a complex message like that. The spell makes you understand, not everybody around you! Honking is just an exclamation, like shouting or roaring.))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:46:10 am by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2022, 12:48:35 am »

Suzy

Grab the wire and jump back!  Fix this!  I don't want to lose track of the soldiers!  Beacon the rope end with Toothpaste to help out.

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2022, 12:52:31 am »

[There's definitely ways that geese can communicate concepts to each other, at least so far as "go away", "I'm cranky", and "that's hostile". Or at least, I assume there are. Given that a lot of other animals can express those sorts of things, it seems reasonable.
If Supernerd vetoes it, then Supernerd vetoes it. Oh well.
Anyway.]

"Just die yourself, barbarian. This is why uncivilized folk such as yourself are best served not attacking the sons of Rome."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14