Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11529 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 05:09:49 pm »

Wasn't expecting to get upwards of ten applications for this one. Applications are going to be officially closed 20 minutes after the time that this post was made in order to give everyone 24 hours to see this thread. (Edit: Applications are now closed)

As I need to dive into each game in order to do your characters justice, players who have already posted an application may change their links after that time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:53:17 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2022, 08:51:31 pm »

PTW
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 03:12:24 am »

PTW

I think I was a hispanic Nick Fury-type, assembling some monster hunters(other players). I wouldn't know where to find that thread tho. I remember he talked in orchid.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 10:40:56 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2022, 08:02:00 am »

After noticing our character sheets had to be for games that suddenly died, I decided to grab my sheet for IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition.

Here's a more up to date version of my sheet right before the game died, if you want to use that instead.

If needed, I could spend some time later looking for more backups if you're not using any edition of the IGYNPADCA RPG rules. If you need a refresher on the IGYNPADCA RPG game rules, click this link for the rulebook, or any of these mirrors: 1 2 3

edit: just realized there was a 10 player limit right now so I'll probably just sit on the waitlist until someone else causes the IGYNPADCA RPG 2e game to get brought in here.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 01:24:24 pm by Screech9791 »
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 10:49:27 pm »

Turn 1

Make sure to view your character spoiler and the Negentropic Abilities spoiler that was added to the first page!
Please include your character's name in your action posts.
I may have forgot a few things. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Your senses distort, and you find yourself yanked in a direction you didn't know existed. You feel a sensation not dissimilar to falling as you descend through a colorless void. You get the distinct feeling that by all right you should be dead and gone.

"No... This is not the way..."

A light appears, as distant as the stars in a night sky but rapidly encroaching upon your position!

"Come forth and embrace your death, and I shall cast your soul unto--"

The voice cuts out. The light is gone and you regain conciousness. You are yourself once again. But you are not in any place that you recognize. You are on what appears to be a mostly flat slab of stone. Some kind of fog prevents you from seeing very far beyond the stone, but you can make out other similar stones not far beyond it. You feel that you would be able to jump to one of them without too much trouble. The fog seems to be repelled by the stone, you can see any point of the stone you are on from any location on the stone, but you can only see a few meters into the fog, making you unable to tell what is on the other stones.

Shortly afterwards you learn a few more things. The stones are constantly moving. New 'islands' periodically move within jumping range of your current location, yet they never quite touch. You are not sure what would happen if you missed the jump and fell, your vision does not extend far enough to see what, if anything, lies below. You feel a vague sense of foreboding.

And not long after that you discover something even more shocking!

---

Suzy
You feel the greatest change your body has undergone since your first meeting with Timo. Though you have never even heard of this ability before, you somehow feel certain that you know what it is, and how to use it!

With this power, you can subvert the constant entropy that is inherent to the world you once called home; taking mere shattered concepts and reassembling them in order to suit your needs. Though you have lost track of your voidship and your companions, and seem to be stranded in the middle of nowhere all on your own, you finally have found a potential lead on how a new world could be created!

EuchreRats
Nest EuchreRats finds themselves in an odd place, on a floating rock in the middle of who knows where. EuchreRat 003 starts glowing strangely. Nobody really know what happened to EuchreRat 002. Or about how you got here, or where here even is.

Then again, Nest EuchreRats never really did have any scholars or philosophers and at the end of the day a Skaven is still a Skaven. No matter where you go, your nest will still have more or less the same goals. Kill, eat, survive. That sort of thing.

Your group currently consists of approximately 90 skavenslaves. You'll need to find some manner of sustenance if you want to maintain this number for very long or increase it.

Erik the Ninja
You aren't quite sure what happened. Maybe that world-ending fire goddess finally got around to doing the whole world-ending thing. You are currently alone on a floating island made of stone. Stranger things happen to you all the time though, so its not that big of a worry.

What is a big worry however, is the new power that you have awakened to! It is something completely separate from your normal magic abilities. Its sort of like the power to turn star stuff into other stuff or something like that... But the really worrisome part is that you somehow inherently know that it is NOT prone to cataclysmic misfires like your regular magic!

Aside from that, you find it quite peaceful here. Its very quiet, the scenery is uniform and repetitive, and there's barely any nightmarish horrors around!

Merisa 'cutthroat
So. The good news is that you aren't relegated to the Arson department anymore. The bad news is that you somehow ended up in some kind of alternate reality and are basically floating around space all alone on a rock.

Somehow your figurative coldness is now able to manifest as literal coldness, through the use of a power that you didn't know you even had until just now; and you suddenly know exactly how it works!

You have a feeling that this is going to be a rough day. At least you won't have to deal with any more of detective Roghayeh's bullshit though.

Octavian Grey
You find yourself in a very strange room. On closer inspection you find that it is not, in fact, a room at all. You seem to have stumbled upon one of the infinite ways to escape the infinite mansion, but you aren't entirely sure what happened.

As you are no longer in the mansion, you noticed that your magic is no longer evolving; and is not being powered by the laws of the infinite mansion anymore. You are not entirely sure how you know this. Another thing you don't know is why you are fully aware of another kind of magic that you are now able to use... And that it not only can be used to turn something called essense into physical matter, but it can also be used to invoke the spells that you had evolved previously!

You are currently standing on a big flat floating island made entirely of rock. Where do you go from here though?

Liberty G. Jefferson
You know about physics. You're a girl who knows quite a bit about how the universe does and does not work. So you feel uniquely qualified to state that what just happened to you is definitively impossible and makes no sense. And yet here you are; standing alone on a flat slab of rock floating in the middle of god knows where.

Also, you suddenly have magic powers. And the knowledge of how to use those powers. The powers also violate the laws of physics in new and exciting ways. Like creating something out of nothing.

How did that old saying go again?

A grey unicorn wearing a large hat and a cape
You're a grey unicorn wearing a large hat and a cape. You are on a floaty rock.
Welcome to the Ambiguity. We hope you have a nice stay here. Please enjoy the complimentary negentrophic magic powers.

Quaster
You have somehow lost track of the psionic presence that is the propulsion of your void ship. And the void ship too. And just about everything and everyone else honestly.

Your quest to discover a way to create a new universe would be all but over were it not for the fact that you suddenly gained the ability to use what even your great mind can only understand as 'magic' that can allow you to revert the enropy of shattered worlds; albeit on a very localized scale. You are not quite sure how it is you know about this power despite having not tested it yet, but somehow you are certain that this is now something you can do.

What you don't know is where you are or how you can get back to tell everyone about this!

Webster
You have died. You knew about that. It was part of the competition that you joined. You are not dead anymore. This is ALSO part of the competition that you joined. You are alone on a big flat rock floating in a sea of mist... You aren't entirely sure if this is part of the competition that you joined or not. You suddenly have a new magical power that you somehow know how to use! This can also be explained by the competition that you joined.

Or at least it could have been explained by that, if not for the fact that your Wiki-o-Matic tells you that you didn't score any wikibucks or points. And it also is showing an odd error message...

You can't be totally certain, but you suspect that maybe, just maybe, this isn't part of the wikiwars.

Ailn
Your badge starts wigging out, and suddenly just observing it starts to hurt your brain a bit as it attempts to lead you in a non-euclidean direction. You don't know where you are, or how you got here. You can feel that The Scholar in Red is more distant from you now by at least the distance of one world. This is probably a bad omen.

Strange new knowledge fills your mind. It is different from anything you leaned from the Scholar; your mind seems undamaged or at the very least no more damaged than it was before from the receipt of this knowledge. You somehow know that you can now use magic. This world is filled with essense, which you can tap into to conjure things.

You find yourself standing on a floating island made of rock. The why of the situation escapes you.

Scarlet
You find yourself feeling like shit. You felt that way before due to the bioweapon, but now you feel like a totally different variety of shit. Your Iron Weavers start to give you some strange error messages, which cannot possibly be a good sign.

Or so you thought. Being from a technological world you didn't expect to suddenly learn about how to use magic. Yet suddenly, you did and you haven't the foggiest idea how. Rather than being dependant on some kind of machinery, this power now seems second nature to you. Perhaps it could be used to solve your most pressing problem.

You aren't quite sure how to solve the other problem of being on some kind of floating rock in the middle of nowhere, but that problem can wait.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 11:04:38 pm »

Octavian

...he did not travel through a door to reach this location, he was reasonably certain. Which was concerning. Had the room he'd been in ceased existing, like the others behind closed doors?

Hmn.

He tried calling out in that language he'd stumbled across - Engl- Eng- damn.
He hadn't managed to get around to becoming permanently omnilingual. Not that he even knew if there was anybody else around.

He pulled out the knife he had recovered with his right hand; with his left, he grasped his torch.
Where once there had been a flame, now a Beacon shone.

[latin]Is there anybody there?[/latin]

Beyond that, there was little to do but pray to Mercury for safe travels.

(Side note, do we start with any Essence? Also, it's not made clear whether or not my general actions use dice or not; seeing as Infinity Mansion didn't, I assume not.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 01:22:25 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2022, 11:15:03 pm »

Scarlet

"What the fuck." A statement, not a question. Was she dead? She died, right? No, dying wouldn't still fucking hurt. The parts of her that weren't totally numb before weren't numb. "Not getting. . . paid enough for this horseshit. . ." Magic. Fucking magic. Of course. It couldn't even be technology so far beyond her conception of reality it was basically magic, it was actually just storybook magic. For fuck's sake. Not that she was complaining about its presence; frankly, it seemed the most viable place to look for a solution to the bioweapon eating her everything. Scarlet focused, attempting to use her newfound powers and knowledge to collect roughly as much as she needs from the environment to expel the toxin from her system and rebuild her utterly devastated musculature, then performs said emergency medical aid.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2022, 11:27:38 pm »

Note that your world stats are gone, as you are no longer in the same world.
As they say, you can't take it with you.

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory check. Do I still have everything that I had before?

"I'm... I have not ascended, I have descended. What is the meaning of this? Is this the work of... 'silence'?"
Ailn takes a deep breath and draws her knife.
"I shall not fear. Fear keeps us from learning."

Scratch the ground with my knife. Do I retain the ability to cut anything? Make a Beacon. To lure the truth closer.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2022, 11:34:21 pm »

(Side note, do we start with any Essence? Also, it's not made clear whether or not my general actions use dice or not; seeing as Infinity Mansion didn't, I assume not.)

You do not start the game with Essense.

Inventory check. Do I still have everything that I had before?

You do however, get to keep the stuff you had in whatever inventory you had at the time your old game came to a halt.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2022, 11:48:21 pm »

Meditate to gain essence.
Point my mystic sword behind me and shoot lightning out of it in an effort to drive this rock around. (Lightning Magic 3)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 12:54:51 am »

EuchreRats
Slaughter 10 skavenslaves.
EuchreRat 003 will use their essence to create a portal into a low tech agro farm world with food to steal.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2022, 05:12:37 am »

"Behold it is I Tob The Amazing and I still want to know what the hell's going on, I mean I get teleported to a cave with a bunch of weirdos and a corpse and then just as suddenly I get teleported to here."
Sit on the rock and see if I can't grab one of the other rocks as it passes, if that fails I'll just meditate on what's going on and how I got here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2022, 06:14:12 am »

Suzy

Don my spacesuit in case of falls.

Meditate while the body gets dressed and limbers up a bit.  Will the suit jets be able to overcome gravity?  Is Suzy's body unchanged?

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2022, 06:40:21 am »

Merisa 'cutthroat
"Did Sugar finally figure it out, god I hopes not, I don't remember seeing him entering the Bathroom before waking up here, how did I got here?"
Merisa look for a cigarette she hope she still have and look at the fog and Gaze into the abyss
"God I hope it's not what this Blaze girl talk about with her stuffed bunny. Listen to yourself Merisa, you are alone less then a minute and the first thing you think about is a staffed bunny, you need to find something here."
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2022, 07:35:07 am »

Quaster

Where… am I? No time, I’ll figure that out later, I need to ensure my short term survival.

Meditate to gain essence.

Use genetic manipulation to better adapt to this new environment.

Minor Action:

Use psionic ability’s to see if anybody else is around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14