Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11530 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2022, 02:02:23 am »

Tob The Amazing

"Oh great there's war going on, seems like we should avoid the rat people since they seem to be the attackers and head to the wall and see if the bird people behind the wall have a hospital or something."
Avoid the rat people and head towards the wall and see if I can't find a door or some one I can talk to about getting inside.
Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2022, 06:15:54 am »

Quaster

Gain enlightenment

Create a psionic servant

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2022, 06:37:02 am »

EuchreRats
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Skaven Tactic #2: Do the Loot & Scoot
Loot the farms for food, then take over one of the larger buildings as our New Home

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2022, 11:32:52 am »

Merisa 'cutthroat
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)

Start collecting mushrooms and look around to see what the situation with the beacons
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2022, 11:53:42 pm »

Liberty G. Jefferson

...Huh.

This new island isn’t really what Liberty was expecting of it before she got here. But her expectations were throughly bent over the cosmos’ merciless knee pretty recently, so she should probably give it up and abandon them entirely at this point. You’ve gotta stop being surprised by being surprised eventually, right?

She can still feel that big thing in the back of her brain, and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. There’s certainly time to look around this place.

Liberty takes a walk. She wanders the island, examining the giant trees, poking her head into a few houses, and seeing what the deal is with this wall.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 01:50:32 am by SOLDIER First »
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2022, 11:56:31 pm »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gather my strength and attempt to free my knife by slicing it through the wood.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2022, 11:42:29 am »

Webster

Webster wakes up looking around dizzy and confused "HONK? HENK... HONK!" With those words Webster flaps away from the broken mirror WHAT WAS I DOING AGAIN? WHATEVER IM HUNGRY GONNA FLY TO ANOTHER ISLAND THIS ISLAND DOESNT HAVE ANY FOOD!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2022, 01:41:50 pm »

Scarlet

Attempt to look nonthreatening as I approach the fort. If the residents get too twitchy, flee and recommend my equine friend do similar. Also keep wracking my brain for ways to not die.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2022, 12:18:28 pm »

((Is this still active? I think quite a few characters I made are in dead games now, I didn’t mean to kill any of the games, aI might have accidentally killed one when I waited for others to post before making an action, I don’t remember what it was called, but there was one game where I was a fungus god? Wait, two games where I was a fungus god, I have to find those games and quote the respective apps, GM can choose which one would better fit the setting)), I remember one of the games was made by Magmacube and I underestimated the power I had
First Fungus creature
There wasn’t an official application
I found a way to manifest, my mind found a colony of toxic mushrooms.
Thinking? What is this? Divine power? Are we...am I...a being?...a deity?

A cluster of mushrooms with blue and green caps is filled with divine energy when a wisp of divine power finds its way there. This deity has no name yet, it’s still processing that it can think, thinking is new to this fungal colony.

Glowing green and blue spores are shot at the rocks, these spores will hopefully grow glowing crystals of their respective colors

Attempt to grow specialized fungi that sense vibrations and sends that data to the main colony (think like how the salamanders’ ears send vibrations to their brains and they call it sound)

Try to get ourselves to grow light reflective sections that one may call ‘eyes’ so we may see
Searching for second one, I remember something about towers in the second game
Gah, can’t find it, if the fungus deity is overpowered, maybe I’ll be the purple telepathic crow from the picking destiny RTD
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 12:31:14 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2022, 02:52:50 pm »

Wasn't expecting to get upwards of ten applications for this one. Applications are going to be officially closed 20 minutes after the time that this post was made in order to give everyone 24 hours to see this thread. (Edit: Applications are now closed)

As I need to dive into each game in order to do your characters justice, players who have already posted an application may change their links after that time.

Unofficially, I think you get priority in Ambiguity 2 if your character was both abandoned in a dead game and then ignored in the game dedicated to those characters abandoned in a dead game.  :P

Also to Naturegirl1999: Aren't you the mod of this game?  :P

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2022, 03:08:09 pm »

Supernerd runs this game. Naturegirl's pfp rotation contains the picture that Supernerd uses for their pfp.
Yes, it can be confusing. No, they are not the same person.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2022, 03:11:04 pm »

Supernerd runs this game. Naturegirl's pfp rotation contains the picture that Supernerd uses for their pfp.
I added it to my rotation because ai like the art

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2022, 03:40:56 pm »

I added it to my rotation because ai like the art
My thanks to Glass for explaining the Joke.  There may be one reader who did not understand it.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2022, 06:36:13 pm »

Turn 9

We are not currently accepting new players. We are already at, or possibly exceeding capacity.

Also, sorry for the wait. I'm being bad.

---

Suzy
You offer to help the soldiers with their goose hunt. You do not however, see any signs of a goose having been here. You walk around the island looking for the goose. It takes less than a minute to do so and you find the time to meditate until you are rudely interrupted.

One of your companions asks you if you know how to navigate this place.

You have gained an Essence of Darkness
You have gained an Essence of Keratin

EuchreRats
Roll D6: 3

You grab what you can and take over the largest building that you can find, which is far from big enough to serve as a base for your army. You also notice that it wasn't exactly harvest time, but that evidently didn't stop you from looting some farms anyway.

Erik the Ninja
It seems that the ratmen only dropped one cabbage. You grab it.

You consider some philosophical thing, and realize that just because you go in the direction of something doesn't mean that you arrive there. If that was the case, then jumping at noon would cause you to burn up because you went towards the sun. You can't see the sun in this place, and in fact are not certain if there even is a noon so that might not have been the best example.

Regardless, you head towards the large beacon, and arrive at what you are pretty sure is the right island. This island is incredibly large. As you arrive, you notice a bunch of rat people looting what appears to be a farmland. Not too far away you see a large wall about 30 feet high.

Merisa 'cutthroat
You help yourself to some of the locally grown mushrooms. If they are dangerous, it is not immediately clear just by touching them, which is good because you can't really un-touch them.

There seems to be four small beacons around, with two of them in close proximity. The largest of them appears to be stationary and still fairly close. Oddly enough, it seems to have moved relative to your current position without actually getting closer or further away.

Octavian Grey
You cautiously move towards the girl, and you are able to grab her before she is able to retrieve her knife from the armrest. She does not appear to be physically imposing, but you get the feeling that she may still be dangerous.

Liberty G. Jefferson
You take a look at some of the trees. While some of them are fairly tall they don't quite constitute being giant, at least not by tree standards. The wall seems to be of fairly high quality, which is a stark contrast to the constructions on the outside of it.

You look into one of the houses. Inside is a shabby bedroll and a wooden shelf, with a few basic tools and plants that look at least remotely edible on it.

Quaster
You spend some time meditating, and also make an attempt to create a psionic servant.

Roll D6: 3
You concentrate psionic energy at a certain point, and are able to give it mental instructions. The mass of energy is unstable however, and without any physical substance it will require continual effort in order for it to be maintained.

You have gained an Essence of Wind
You have gained an Essence of Seed
You have gained an Essence of Bread

Webster
You decide that its time to stop after all. You leave the island in search of one with food...

By co-incidence, you arrive on an island with two beacons lit within. You see a stone house that looks like it has seen much better days and it sounds like someone is inside it! There are traces of vegetation around this island, including what looks like a few dandelions!!

Not too far from the house you see a mass of non-negentrophic energy. This energy is vibrating violently as if it is barely able to contain itself.

Ailn
Roll Willpower: 3
You are still afflicted from the contents of the odd can, but you power through for the time being.

Rather than simply pulling the knife out of the armrest, you decide to cut the knife out through the wood instead to make use of your enhancement.
Roll Strength + Corruption: 1 + 1

You do not have much momentum and a poor angle. In spite of this you manage to force the knife to the side a few inches. Unfortunately, you do not have enough time to free your knife in this manner before the roman guy is able to physically restrain you with his hands. He requests that you cease your hostilities.

Scarlet
As the archers on the parapets do not seem to be in a particularly friendly mood, you and your unicorn friend travel around the perimeter of the wall for a while instead, and the snickering of rat people grows quieter as you do. After some time, you come across a gate in the wall!

The doors on the gate are large, heavy and closed. Somewhat attentive guards stand atop it, looking out at the foggy void beyond.

You approach the fort. One of the guards calls out. "What business do you have at Drifting Jade City?" He (or she) looks at you intensely for a while before adding "... Traveler?"

You don't have an obvious means of permanently neutralizing the bio-weapon yet, though your condition has only gotten marginally worse since you arrived here. The answer probably lies in the arcane, but giving your Iron Weavers an optimal environment might also be enough to tip the scales.

Tob the Amazing
As the archers on the parapets do not seem to be in a particularly friendly mood, you and your bipedal friend go around the perimeter of the wall for a while instead, and the snickering of rat people grows quieter as you do. After some time, you come across a gate in the wall!

The doors on the gate are large, heavy and closed. Somewhat attentive guards stand atop it, looking out at the foggy void beyond.

Your companion approaches the fort. One of the guards calls out to them and says. "What business do you have at Drifting Jade City?" He then looks at your companion for a while, a bit perplexed and then adds "... Traveler?"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 08:41:23 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2022, 07:33:19 pm »

Webster

Webster looks at the dandelions then at the glowing ball then back to the dandelions this repeats for about 3 minutes before Webster starts waddling toward the ball! "HONK... HOINK HONK!"

FLOWERS LOOK TASTY BUT WEIRD BALL LOOKS TASTIER EAT THE WEIRD BALL!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14