Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11546 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2022, 02:51:37 pm »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get close again. This time stop the torch by cutting the arm holding it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2022, 02:57:27 pm »

Erik the Ninja

Stupid, stupid rat creatures. I am a ninja.

You know what? It's worse than that. I am a lone ninja. How could they stand a chance?

Stab them with shurikens, using ninjaturgy to dodge;
then strike them with lightning in their newly acquired metallic body modifications.
However, should they yield, I magnanimously accept their surrender.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2022, 05:01:01 pm »

Webster

Webster stops pecking and stares at the reflection in contemplation and murderous intent before suddenly coming to a epiphany "HONK! HONK! HOINK!" IT COPIES WHAT I DO! BUT IF IT CANT SEE ME IT CANT COPY ME! TEAR OUT SOME FEATHERS TO COVER THE FACE AND RESUME PECKING WITH MURDERIOUS INTENT!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2022, 05:11:38 pm »

Suzy

"No..  do you mean the medium-sized bird?  The kind that gets angry?"

"... I'm new here, I've just arrived.  Do you mind if I walk with you?"

Try to join up with the soldiers.  Touch one of them to magically examine what the soldiers are made of.. are they human?  Is their equipment ordinary steel?"

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2022, 09:11:51 pm »

(I thought the intent was for Tob to carry them both over.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2022, 09:53:31 pm »

I have checked the prior action posts. What happened is that Tob's post was edited after I had already prepared the action.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2022, 12:10:29 am »

Only one thing to do here...

EuchreRats Attack!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2022, 02:16:23 am »

I have checked the prior action posts. What happened is that Tob's post was edited after I had already prepared the action.
(Had to find out what the plan was before I did an action, so I guess I'll do it this turn.)

Tob The Amazing

Grab Scarlet and the things she want's to take with us and head towards the big island.
Spoiler: Tob The Amazing (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2022, 09:55:03 am »

Scarlet

Also go to the island with Tob's assistance.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2022, 02:32:41 pm »

Merisa 'cutthroat
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
"Ah, Whatever, being alone here is too confusing, and if the losing side stays alive I may be able to recruit them to help"

Slowly get closer to the beacons, but stay on different island from them.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2022, 10:33:04 pm »

Liberty G. Jefferson

She’s gotta keep going! There will be time to stop and smell the flowers later. Well, maybe not.  Which would be sad. But still! More important concerns abounded than the local flora. Time to make one last jump.
Black lives matter.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2022, 04:25:26 pm »

Turn 8

---

Suzy
You talk to the men. They confirm that they do indeed mean the medium-sized bird that gets angry. They also mention something about it being capitalistic which generally is not something you would attribute to that particular species of bird.

Roll D6: 4
They agree to let you travel with them for the time being as long as you don't get in the way of their wild goose chase. At some point you touch one of them. They do indeed appear to be some variety of human and steel is the primary metal used in their weapons, though there are some other metals such as brass that are incorporated into them.

EuchreRats
You give the order to attack! You don't have any particular strategy beyond giving the order to attack, but that's probably all you needed to do right?

Roll D6: 1
Evidently not. It seems that the locals had contingency plans for being threatened by external forces, if not skaven in particular. They retreat towards the wall and make a high pitched screaming sound. More of them come into view from atop the wall, who start shooting volleys of arrows at your army!

Death Roll: 6
The arrows fall just a bit short, but its enough to sow panic among your ranks! Some of your rats duck for cover among the constructions, then some more follow their lead and soon everyone is doing it!

Erik the Ninja
Roll D6: 5
You stab several rats with your shuriken, and continue to evade their blows!

Death Roll: 6
As electricity starts to crackle around your finger, the Ratmen's morale breaks and they start screaming and running away! You magnanimously permit them to go and they hastily jump to another island, leaving a trail of blood from their open wounds.

You have gained an Exterminator Passion!

Merisa 'cutthroat
You move sort of sideways from the beacons to a new island. This island is 'normal' sized, and has a covering of grass. Several bushes can be found here, as well as some brown mushrooms that range from 1 to 10 inches tall.

Octavian Grey
With the distance you made with your last attack, you have the necessary time to switch your weapon. you grab one of the cans, aim, and stab the can, which fortunately was made out of a fairly weak material. A brownish bubbly fluid sprays out at Ailn!

The girl stops for a moment, then continues her charge; however she veers off to the side and trips over a table. Her knife ends up stabbing into one of the old pieces of furniture instead of into you.

Liberty G. Jefferson
You jump towards the large beacon again, ignoring the local insect population. You then find yourself on an absolutely massive island. You see a large number of low quality houses here, and patches of dirt. There is a pretty wide range of greenery in this place, including trees that stand as much as a dozen meters high.

In the distance you see a stone wall, roughly 30 feet high.

Quaster
Turn Skipped.

Webster
You remove some of your own feathers and use them to cover up the reflection's face, while the reflection removes some of its feathers to block your view of its face, lining them up perfectly with your own discarded feathers. You then decide to peck the reflection to death!

[10 vs 10]

Um... You peck the mirrored surface of the island really really hard and ultimately both knock out yourself and the reflection. Some time passes, and you wake up at exactly the same time as the reflection, which is rather distorted now from the myriad cracks on the glass.

You aren't sure, but perhaps you are starting to suspect that maybe, just maybe, the enemy you are facing off against is not actually real.

Also, you are hungry now.

Ailn
Your opponent grabs a can that was in the house as you start to close the distance. At a glance, it looks like some kind of carbonated beverage. He puts away his torch and stabs the can and a bubbly brown fluid sprays out at you as if it had been shaken for minutes despite not even having been shook!

Roll Willpower - Madness: 2 - 2 = 0
The contents of that can appear to have some kind of arcane symbolism in this place, and exposure causes some negative psychological effect on you that you are unable to power through with sheer willpower alone. The world turns blurry, and your movements turn out to be more clumsy than they should...

Roll Awareness: 1
Unwilling to let that stop you, you wield your knife and aim for the man's arm... You trip over a table and your knife finds its way to the armrest of a couch!

Scarlet
You and your unicorn friend head towards the large island.

The island is an order of magnitude larger than the island you came from. There is some farmland, and a considerable amount of low-quality houses in the area. Among them, you see a large number of ratlike humanoids, as well and a smaller amount of what appears to be an exotic variety of Neo-Crow in the area. Tensions are high and they all seem quite distraught.

Beyond that is a large wall about 30 feet tall, perched on the top of the wall are additional birdfolk brandishing bows. They seem substantially less distraught.

Tob the Amazing
You grab Scarlet, and I guess pack up some of her junk in your unfired pot, and head to the large island.

The island is an order of magnitude larger than the island you came from. There is some farmland, and a considerable amount of low-quality houses in the area. Among them, you see a large number of short statured skaven, as well and a smaller amount of what appears to be some kind of bird people. Tensions are high and they all seem quite distraught.

Beyond that is a large wall about 30 feet tall, perched on the top of the wall are additional birdfolk brandishing bows. They seem substantially less distraught.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2022, 04:45:26 pm »

Erik the Ninja

Gather up all their cabbages. The spoils to the victor!
Now, after that, what happened to this big-beacon island? Am I on it? I went toward it the turn before I got into this fight, so it seems like I should be, right?
If I am, meditate. If not, continue onto whatever nearby island presents itself in the right direction.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2022, 05:14:53 pm »

Octavian Grey

...huh. Well, that works. Expecting something more... explosive, maybe, but whatever works works.

Octavian tosses the emptied can to the side and replaces his knife with his torch, carefully moving in to attempt to restrain the madwoman.

"Please cease your hostilities. Neither of us know our location, and conflict is clearly only hurting us both."

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2022, 12:44:45 am »

Suzy

Help the soldiers hunt the goose!  If attacked, use lasers via energy projection.

While she walks around looking for the goose, Meditate.

Spoiler: Suzy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:31:18 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14