Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How much time should players get to post their action each turn?

24 Hours
- 0 (0%)
48 Hours
- 2 (18.2%)
24 hours after the majority of players post
- 8 (72.7%)
1 Week
- 0 (0%)
No Limits
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?  (Read 11549 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - Where do dead games go when they die?
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2022, 09:05:32 pm »

Quaster

Create a beacon.

Meditate and gather essence that fits with his psionic abilities.

Wonder if he still has his elder Xelqu heart.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2022, 02:38:56 am »

"It's a phoenix egg. Or something. You know, the mythological bird? I figured eating something immortal or having it around or something might help. Shitloads of old mythologies do that and nothing has made actual sense since. . . I was going to say arriving here, but that was probably sometime around a damned rainbow Cane showed up on an already-botched retrieval mission." She shook her head. "Sorry. Rambling. If you think it's worth a shot then I'm all game. Just help me carry the power cell. And the scrap, too, if you can swing it."
"If you think the egg will help you than I'm fine with whatever you do with it, and hopefully it won't take to long to get to the big island."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2022, 08:29:26 am »

"Don't try messing with me. What do you know about the Silence?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2022, 10:06:36 am »

Octavian blinks.
“Given your diction, I assume that you do not mean the term in the common manner of ‘a lack of sound’, but I am unaware of any alternate concepts it could refer to.”

If the strange, very intense woman does not do anything in particular to Octavian, he will continue to meditate.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 12:14:17 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2022, 01:13:36 am »

"Surely you are a liar. I was dragged to this place, away from The Scholar's light! In connection with the Silence. Dweller of this place, I'll cut the truth from you!"

Alin approaches with malicious intent!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2022, 01:21:58 am »

Octavian's knife is not a weapon. It was taken from a kitchen, a rather ruined one at that. It is a dull thing, unsuited for much more than, perhaps, a single stab.

Octavian's torch is not a weapon, either. Not by design. But it is rather weighty, and meant to be held.
A club does not require much more than that to be effective.

Octavian rises from his kneeling position on the floor, both hands clutched around the base of his torch in a warrior's grip.

"Do not attempt that endeavor. Before I was taken here - before even I was stolen to the Infinity Mansion - I was a loyal son of Rome in lands constantly beset by barbarian Visigoths. I have learned the ways of combat. Do not test me."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2022, 01:30:34 am »

"Rome fell, and so will you."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2022, 02:27:48 am »

Erik the Ninja

Hail the rat men, making it clear that I have no cabbages in case they decide to mug me for cabbages. Ask them who they are and what they know about this place.
Meditate.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2022, 09:15:23 am »

Octavian Grey

A dark expression crawls across Octavian’s face.
“You lie.

Octavian will engage in combat, making use of his combat training, his weapon’s greater reach (relative to his opponent’s knife), and the fact that he is wearing actual leather armor (in contrast to his unarmored opponent).

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 03:47:02 pm by Glass »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ambiguity - THE SCHOLAR
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2022, 03:13:54 pm »

Ailn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kill!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2022, 06:13:54 pm »

Erik the Ninja

Hail the rat men, making it clear that I have no cabbages in case they decide to mug me for cabbages. Ask them who they are and what they know about this place.
Meditate.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Dunno to what degree that I have control of rat men outside my view, but you're probably too scrawny and too scary for them to try to eat you.
They'll probably follow you around for a bit trying to learn The Way Of The Ninja.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2022, 03:20:38 pm »

Merisa 'cutthroat
So they don't seems hostile to each other, at least not from here, better stay here and see what happens with the beacons anyway

In the mean time, better try to maybe break a piece of the crystal, maybe Lash out at it or something, see what things here are made out of.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2022, 04:26:20 pm »

If I lose track of this tread and only rediscover it a year later, I expect my turn to be processed promptly!  :P

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2022, 02:16:46 pm »

Turn 7

Alright, you all waited long enough. Also, check the poll. I am not happy with the current update schedule.

---

Suzy
You jump to another island, in the direction almost opposite the large beacon. You wind up on yet another island. This one has what looks like clouds around it.

On this island is a group of armed men wearing body armor. One of them says to you. "Comrade, have you seen a Goose around here anywhere?"

EuchreRats
You and approximately 50 other clan EuchreRat skavenslaves move in the direction of the large beacon. You then find yourself on an absolutely colossal rocky island, so large you cannot see the opposite side of it; though that may have more to do with the fact that there is a pretty impressive looking stone wall that stands a good thirty feet tall. It seems like it might be some manner of settlement?

On the outside of the stone wall, you see what appears to be some kind of crude (or perhaps medium quality by skavenslave standards) housing, as well as some farmland! A few people are tending the farmland. They look sort of like some kind of anthropomorphic bird people at a glance, and they are certainly not any species that you have seen before. The nearest of them starts to back away from your group nervously.

At some point also created a statue depicting the Under-Father around your beacon using one dirt and one sponge essence. The statue is impressively detailed considering the material, but its durability may be questionable... Your negentrophic powers suddenly make you feel a bit uneasy, as entropy is the Horned Rat's mantra.

Erik the Ninja
You decide to greet the ratmen...
Roll D6: 2

However, it turns out that these particular rat people either do not understand your language or have no inclination to answer you; what's more, they are reacting to your presence with hostility and your attempts to meditate have given them the advantage on initiative!

Roll D6: 1
Fortunately for you, the ratmen prove to be less threatening than the horrors of your homeworld and you are able to easily evade their clumsy attacks. They don't even manage to break your meditative state and one of them seems to have somehow misplaced its spear!

You have gained an Essence of Ice
You have gained an Essence of Wheel
You have gained an Essence of Trash

Merisa 'cutthroat
You give the crystal a few solid whacks.
Roll 2D6-1: 1+3-1

You give the crystals a few solid whacks. You surmise that you are going to need some tools if you wanted to harvest them.

You observe the beacons in the distance. A new beacon has lit up. From the movements of the two that are in proximity, it seems that they actually might be hostile to eachother!

Octavian Grey
You invest every single essence you have on you in order to permanently render yourself omnilingual! Suddenly you realize that a can of whoopass is some kind of product based on a pun, with the implication that opening one of them results in hostility or harm.

You wield your torch and initiate combat. You thought you were a bit too far for her knife to get a decent hit, but her knife seems to be sharper than it logically should! It manages to cut through the side of your armor to draw blood! You feel quite certain that with the angle of the cut and speed of the attack it should not have been able to slice through leather and yet that is what happened!

You hit back with your torch. While you do have the advantage in range, that has more to do with the length of your arms than the torch itself. You manage to strike her in the head and knock her to the wall, but she is still standing!

The bloody eye thing that she presented falls to the ground.

... You hear an odd chime from outside.

Liberty G. Jefferson
Turn skipped.

Tob the Amazing
(Discussion details)

Quaster
You create a beacon with no trouble... You briefly wonder if you still have the elder Xelqu heart. As it turns out, it was still part of the ship at the time of your transfer and the ship did not come along with you.

You spend some time meditating, trying to focus specifically on essences that fit with your psionic abilities.

You have gained an Essence of Pyrite
You have gained an Essence of Spoon

Webster
Alarmed by the reflection, you immediately peck it with killing intent!

[7 vs. 7] You peck at your reflection, and your reflection pecks back at you in perfect synchronicity! The surface of the mirror cracks. Your beak hurts a lot now, but the reflection's beak looks equally hurt!

Ailn
You converse with the Roman, who appears to have cast some kind of magic on himself. Communications break down however, and things come to blows!

Roll Dexterity: 7
You slash at him using your knife. The man is quite tall and you aren't able to get a good swing at his head, but you manage to connect your knife with his side. It cuts through the armor to leave a moderate wound.

Roll Endurance: 4
It quickly becomes apparant that the man was not lying about having learned the ways of combat and you are unable to evade his strike while in knife range. He strikes you in the head with his torch and you stumble back into a wall. Fortunately, the torch fell short of a lethal weapon and you managed to endure the blow; but you are not in a favorable position right now.

You lose your grip on the Blood Eye! Blood splatters on the floorboards where it fell.

... You hear an odd chime from outside.

Scarlet
You start to meditate as you approach the edge of the island... But the edge of the island gives you pause. While the jump to another island is not a very hard one to make, the islands constantly move around and shift. It is not possible to discern if an island is in the right place if you are doing anything remotely close to proper meditation. Even before you consider possibly threats on the island itself, it occurs to you that it would be incredibly dangerous to attempt to actually travel to another island while in a meditative state...

You have gained an Essence of Wind
You have gained an Essence of Brine
You have gained an Essence of Plastic
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2022, 02:31:51 pm »

Octavian Grey

Octavian grits his teeth. He'll need to set up a healing spell... unless he could directly fill in the wound with Negentrophy? Perhaps. Not without any Essence, though.
At least he has ways to replace his armor. Though frankly, with the ability to create matter, the armor-transmutation spells are likely far less relevant.

Stop, don't get distracted.

He shifts his grip again, once again bringing his knife to bear, this time in his off-hand. It's no shield, but the metal may be more effective at blocking the madwoman's blade - no doubt enchanted.

He did not wish to kill the woman, merely prevent her from doing further harm to him. But if it were a choice between her life and his own... that is no choice at all.

He shifts his torch back to his side.

Octavian Grey grabs a Can of Whoopass, aims it at Ailn, and crudely opens it by stabbing the front with his knife.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14