Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help! My Bus Has Been Transported Into The Wilderness In Another World(?)!(SG)  (Read 1696 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Ok. You're probably going to be confused. Everyone here seems really confused too. I'm going to make things as clear as I possibly can and hopefully everyone will be less confused.

I was on a Greyhound going back home. We went through a tunnel. Instead of coming out the other side the bus crashed into a tree. In a forest. I think everyone is OK. The bus doesn't look too damaged either. Being off-road slowed it down. Because the tunnel, road, and rest of the world are gone now. All the snow is gone too.

It is some kind of pinewood forest. I think we're somewhere on a mountain. That is at least as much I can tell without getting out of my chair. Some of the other people left the bus to check things out. Others, like me, are sitting in it hoping we're a bit safer with a wall between us and whatever is out there. Everyone on the bus is a stranger to me. It was moderately filled but not packed. I have no idea what anyone else is/was, what they can do, or what they had on them when we came over. Since they crammed into a cheap bus with me I can suspect they arn't world leaders, top scientists, specialty doctors. I think at least one is just a hobo. All Greyhounds seem to have hobos on them for some reason. Oh, there was obviously a bus driver at least.

I was browsing the forum when we ended up here. It still works. The bus's wifi seems to be down but the forum still works. No other website is working. I logged out and tried making a new account, and that didn't work. Mostly because we can't access our emails. I can't get any links to work even if they're given to me on this forum. Normally inconvenient but it does mean I'm the only one who can access this forum unless I give my account details to one of the others. I'm not a particularly useful person so I like having that leverage going. I haven't told anyone else about it yet. Not sure if I should. The Greyhound's phone charger is still working, so I should be able to keep talking to you as long as we can keep that in good repair. Only other thing to note is that the timestamps are all messed up. It says some games started in 1824 while others got made in 9065. Some timestamps are less exaggerated, posts I made yesterday say I'll make them tomorrow or posts I made hours ago saying I made them minutes ago. So I guess it might be a time thing instead of another world thing. Sorry if I ended up lying to you.

Aside from my phone and charger I have my clothes, a thick jacket, a hat, some gloves, a backpack filled with snacks, a pair of boots, my wallet,and a metal water bottle. The bus was crossing state lines so I don't have any real weapons on me. No idea what anyone else had on the bus.

So first order of business I guess....is dealing with all the other "survivors" right? Should I try talking to them? Or try taking the bus and running? Who would I hope to find among the others?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Don’t worry, I knew what to do. EAT THEIR HEARTS FOR POWER AND DEVELOP BLACk MAGIC

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don’t worry, I knew what to do. EAT THEIR HEARTS FOR POWER AND DEVELOP BLACk MAGIC

+1

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm assuming the driver already tried calling out on his CB radio?  Might want to try again just to be sure.  Meanwhile scan for AM radio stations.  (AM is both older and travels further.). You might get a lead.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It’s more likely we’re in the far future than the past, since time is a straight line and mystery caves are notorious for transporting people into a future after civilization was reclaimed by nature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

That probably won't work. If you later discover you're in another world where magic is real, you might consider trying it then.

In the meantime, search the hobo for an axe. Hobos always carry axes. If you can't find an axe, maybe a knife or something.

Relatedly...
The bus was crossing state lines so I don't have any real weapons on me.
Who are you and what have you done with Stirk? What kind of excuse is this? My friends take weapons over state lines all the time.

It’s more likely we’re in the far future than the past, since time is a straight line and mystery caves are notorious for transporting people into a future after civilization was reclaimed by nature.
I suspect he's in another world. I mean, think about it: He's on a bus. Clearly, the bus was supposed to hit someone to transport that person to another world, but got it backward.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why does this seem eerily familiar?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Wouldn't I have to kill them first? The only thing that I can really do that with is the bus right? And it is kinda stuck. Unless there is an efficient way for unarmed murder. Or someone here would rather die than live in the woods for a bit. I could ask around I guess.

Or just wait until they die of natural causes. Seems to be the least amount of work on my part.

I'm assuming the driver already tried calling out on his CB radio?  Might want to try again just to be sure.  Meanwhile scan for AM radio stations.  (AM is both older and travels further.). You might get a lead.

I played around with it and found nothing. Since that might be me not knowing anything about CB radios I asked the bus driver and he said he didn't find anything either. I think we're out of luck on the radio front.

I've always wanted to visit the future! Though I guess I was hoping more for cool robots and such instead of empty forests. Way to be a letdown future.

That probably won't work. If you later discover you're in another world where magic is real, you might consider trying it then.

In the meantime, search the hobo for an axe. Hobos always carry axes. If you can't find an axe, maybe a knife or something.

Relatedly...
The bus was crossing state lines so I don't have any real weapons on me.
Who are you and what have you done with Stirk? What kind of excuse is this? My friends take weapons over state lines all the time.

I suspect he's in another world. I mean, think about it: He's on a bus. Clearly, the bus was supposed to hit someone to transport that person to another world, but got it backward.

The hobo is like, awake and kinda twitchy. I'd bet he has a knife. Which makes it really hard to search him for a knife. If I'm going to like, pat him down I might need advice on how to do that and not get stabbed.

I don't have a CC license in any of the states and there is an 80% chance the hobo will steal if if I stuffed it in baggage. Plus I was supposed to fly and it is a real hassle to get a gun on an airplane. What are you, a cop?

Bus/Truck based otherworld stories are really popular. You're probably thinking of one of them.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

The hobo is like, awake and kinda twitchy. I'd bet he has a knife. Which makes it really hard to search him for a knife. If I'm going to like, pat him down I might need advice on how to do that and not get stabbed.
Just ask him, then. Don't even make out like you want to take the knife/axe/whatever unless he offers, let him know he can be in charge of knifing and axing if he wants. You just want to take inventory.

I don't have a CC license in any of the states and there is an 80% chance the hobo will steal if if I stuffed it in baggage. Plus I was supposed to fly and it is a real hassle to get a gun on an airplane. What are you, a cop?
wiiiiiiimp

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

My Long-Distance Travel Bus got transported to another world, but all my fellow passengers left me behind for being weak and unarmed?! Rise of the strongest shiv hero!

Try to find a compass, gather together water bottles, try saying "Status" out loud, ignoring the awkward stares from your fellow passengers. Make some sort of makeshift ramp or ladder to get on top of the bus for a better view. Ask the bus driver if he'd be able to drive this bad boy through the forest if we lost all the cellos or something. Canvas people to determine who actually brought firearms along, no judging, just there might be dangerous wild animals wherever here is.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<snip>

Bus/Truck based otherworld stories are really popular. You're probably thinking of one of them.

Naw… it just that this whole thing reminds me of something. I have this vague recollection.  Something about a person waking up in their pajamas in the middle of a pine forest on the side of a mountain and somehow magically being able to communicate with people in the forums despite their phone not otherwise working.  Funny.  You ever seen anything like that?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I take it you were eaten by the cavemen then woke up back in your bed just to take a bus to another dimension?

Also it's a greyhound bus there's bound to be a gun inside of it somewhere.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Antagonize the hobo! HE DID THIS USING EVIL MAGICS!
You should convince your fellow passengers too because there is strength in numbers
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should convince your fellow passengers too because there is strength in numbers
+1 Its the only real solution to our problem!

Then maybe later we tie his arms to the bus and his leg to a tree and see how much he stretches.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 Its the only real solution to our problem!

Then maybe later we tie his arms to the bus and his leg to a tree and see how much he stretches.

He’s an Adventurer, and he’s going to murder your ass!
Pages: [1] 2