Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: You Are A FRACTAL DUNGEON!  (Read 8880 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A FRACTAL DUNGEON!
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2022, 06:16:36 pm »

BCD Find the sneakiest kobold tell him/her they are now head kobold and their job is to lead home invaders adventurers deep into the tunnels where an artifact will be located but also have a horde of kobold hide in wait for the intruders to enter the room where they'll procede to gank and shank the pesky adventurers.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 06:18:15 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2022, 06:37:03 pm »

BCD Find the sneakiest kobold tell him/her they are now head kobold and their job is to lead home invaders adventurers deep into the tunnels where an artifact will be located but also have a horde of kobold hide in wait for the intruders to enter the room where they'll procede to gank and shank the pesky adventurers.

-1.  We only have 6 energy.  That would require 13.

B.

Remember, we're not having any trouble getting people to come, and it's better if they come at a slower trickle right now while we're still developing. There may even be somebody who will come looking for these guys if they disappear. Most importantly - we're not really all that interesting yet, and being a horrible maze you might starve to death in isn't that great a reputation to want to spread.

What I want is for them to die here so we get to consume the entirety of their despair, and use it to continue improving.

+1.  This seems like the best course right now.

B
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2022, 08:02:17 pm »

::) A man can dream.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2022, 09:08:38 pm »

E
Devious idea: have the helpful spirit guide be helpful before suddenly making it … unhelpful in the future.
Have it guide a couple parties out, then flip a switch and have it guide another party to certain doom
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2022, 09:54:58 pm »

E
Devious idea: have the helpful spirit guide be helpful before suddenly making it … unhelpful in the future.
Have it guide a couple parties out, then flip a switch and have it guide another party to certain doom
+1

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2022, 11:10:52 pm »

You guys are going to leave us scraping the bottom of the energy barrel forever with your poorly-thought-out plans.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2022, 12:17:33 am »

You guys are going to leave us scraping the bottom of the energy barrel forever with your poorly-thought-out plans.
E didn't sound that poorly thought out, E is literally -2 and the Devious spirit sounded clever. ffs man my idea already got a -1 get off my back.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2022, 12:55:37 am »

B.

Remember, we're not having any trouble getting people to come, and it's better if they come at a slower trickle right now while we're still developing. There may even be somebody who will come looking for these guys if they disappear. Most importantly - we're not really all that interesting yet, and being a horrible maze you might starve to death in isn't that great a reputation to want to spread.

What I want is for them to die here so we get to consume the entirety of their despair, and use it to continue improving.
+1 We have no reason to let anyone escape for the forseeable future. If challengers dry up, we just send our respawning monsters out cause trouble until they re-appear. Once we've built up a reputation as the ominous death hole, we can begin to muddy the waters with helpful spirits and the like, imo.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2022, 02:06:50 am »

B.

+1 We have no reason to let anyone escape for the forseeable future. If challengers dry up, we just send our respawning monsters out cause trouble until they re-appear. Once we've built up a reputation as the ominous death hole, we can begin to muddy the waters with helpful spirits and the like, imo.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2022, 03:04:10 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2022, 05:35:45 am »

BE - Two identical spirits, one that will lead them further in, one that will drive them out- let's see if they can tell the difference aye?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2022, 11:21:13 pm »

B.

+1
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2022, 03:14:48 pm »

BEF: A friendly spirit to guide them out. A mischievous spirit to guide them deeper. And a frenemy to heal them and pose riddles.

Or just two of them or one. Anyway images :)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2022, 08:10:28 pm »

D

Last round once people got used to the dungeon they stopped coming because there wasn't worth anything to come for, so let's add some loot.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2022, 08:25:39 pm »

More that we sealed it up.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14