Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: You Are A FRACTAL DUNGEON!  (Read 8875 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A FRACTAL DUNGEON!
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2022, 03:19:50 pm »

AZ

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2022, 03:27:49 pm »

AZ
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2022, 12:11:39 am »

AZ

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2022, 03:09:31 am »

AZ
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2022, 03:15:08 am »

Man, everyone's a fan of Arizona over here.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2022, 04:31:04 am »

A
Z: Add interconnecting side passages that rejoin the main corridor further along, so that it looks like there is more dungeon to explore than there really is, helping adventurers get lost. Train the kobolds to remove any traces that adventurers might leave behind to mark their way.

+1

+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2022, 10:36:03 am »

A
Z: Add interconnecting side passages that rejoin the main corridor further along, so that it looks like there is more dungeon to explore than there really is, helping adventurers get lost. Train the kobolds to remove any traces that adventurers might leave behind to mark their way.

+1

+1
+1
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2022, 10:58:28 am »

AZ
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2022, 06:17:30 am »

AZ

Good idea.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2022, 07:56:12 pm »

AZ
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2022, 04:12:14 pm »

A Z
Add interconnecting side passages that rejoin the main corridor further along, so that it looks like there is more dungeon to explore than there really is, helping adventurers get lost. Train the kobolds to remove any traces that adventurers might leave behind to mark their way.
TURNTURNTURN

|]
[|
 |]
[|
 |]

But then with the main passage having turns in it. Yeah, the pattern is pretty regular- the intersections are all equally far apart, and which is the 'correct' way can be deduced once the pattern is grasped-, but in the dark, with traps and monsters to worry about, it could take even canny explorers some time to figure it out. (-6)

The kobolds do not need much encouragement. Surprisingly, they are quite effective- there seem to be more people on the road, and less guards. Half a dozen casualties and many more injuries later, a party of adventurers show up to investigate. Sword, bow, staff. Second-hand equipment.
[6] They appear young, but not unskilled. They are able to surprise a group of kobolds, and make quick work of them, but let one escape- so they can follow the trail of blood to you. Upon encountering the restored cave and ominous
entrance, they react cautiously. They delve only until the first trap- which they spot before it strikes, and disarm-, then retreat. Nevertheless, this brief incursion provides a modicum of energy (+1).

A day later, they return. They again enter cautiously.
[4] They defeat several kobolds, avoid several traps, and smash several pots (and slay one Matt). They take some damage in the process, but the staff-wielder is able to heal their minor injuries. Though they are not significantly challenged, they have a certain vibrancy of spirit that belies their young age, and their emotions (apprehension, pain, excitement, determination) are all worth consuming (+2).
[1] However, your new layout proves too overwhelming, and the tendency of kobolds to sneakily scrub out the chalk marks they leave on your walls lead to them going in circles several times. As the realisation dawns that they have become lost, a wonderful bloom of fear is exuded (+2). Though still healthy in body, mental exhaustion starts to build, and subsequent fights with kobolds see several mistakes made, resulting in more serious injuries (+1). They eventually opt to pause in a side room for a while, to rest and calm their minds.

This presents an opportunity to make some quick changes. You could try to finish them off... or help them escape. You could place something in their path before they resume.

A: A big monster- have it hunt them down while they are shaken. (-4)
B: A sneaky monster- have it trick them into delving deeper still. (-4)
C: A horde of monsters- wear them down. (-5)
D: An artifact of some sort, to make it all worthwhile. (-4)
E: A friendly spirit to guide them out. (-2)
F+: Other.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2022, 04:25:44 pm »

E - Let's not eat this Golden Goose just yet. They've already paid off the cost of our remodelling, let's see what else they can bring us with their tavern-stories

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2022, 05:01:06 pm »

E.  They haven't even found the spin room yet!

Plus they might spread the news around.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2022, 05:33:07 pm »

B.

Remember, we're not having any trouble getting people to come, and it's better if they come at a slower trickle right now while we're still developing. There may even be somebody who will come looking for these guys if they disappear. Most importantly - we're not really all that interesting yet, and being a horrible maze you might starve to death in isn't that great a reputation to want to spread.

What I want is for them to die here so we get to consume the entirety of their despair, and use it to continue improving.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14