Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: You Are A FRACTAL DUNGEON!  (Read 8894 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A FRACTAL DUNGEON!
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2022, 02:56:11 pm »

You Are A FRACTAL DUNGEON!

Nice. Didn't see this.

I feel kinda...honored? To have the guy who pioneered the genre make this in response to my amateur attempt, that's pretty cool. I'm not mad at all. Hope this lasts as long as I intend mine to. If this ends up causing mine to lose interest, that's just gunna be a funny story xD

Well done Nuke!

Cheers dungeon brother, Glad we can duke it out on the battlefield of forum games.
After you locked the thread, some people were unsure whether you were planning to continue, so a short flurry of interest in the genre followed. I considered making one myself.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2022, 03:22:42 pm »

C: Confounding Puzzle. While there were a few votes for a long spinning corridor, it wasn't a majority of C-voters. I've gone with something semi-inspired, whilst remaining more of traditional puzzle.

Also, my apologies, roseheart- I thought you'd dropped the game, given the thread was locked. Well, as you said, there's room for two.
TURNTURNTURN

After considering your options, puzzle-wise, you opt for a room with circular platforms in a grid, each of which has walls blocking one or more directions. Whenever someone steps on one of the circles, it triggers a pressure plate that causes all the circles to rotate- some clockwise, some counter. Reaching the other side of the room becomes an exercise in maintaining orientation inside the spinning maze, as well as figuring out what sequence of circles will lead to the exit. It's great, trust me.

The adventurers soon reach the puzzle room. It is immediately apparent that something is different, as room is much wider than the corridor, and they can see three different entrances to what they will soon realise is a diabolical spinning maze!
[1] The party splits up. The two mages each take an entrance, while the axe-wielder stays behind- they will explore a short distance and return, they say. They even manage to step into the maze at the same time, preventing them from realising their mistake before it is too late. Fortunately for them, both mages come to realise the nature of the maze. Unfortunately for them, it is very hard to coordinate with two people going through different paths. It takes nearly an hour of frustration before both mages return to the entrance, reuniting with their ally. Dizzy and frustrated, the weary adventurers opt to leave, to return another day.

Well, that could hardly have gone any better. I suppose if you hadn't been dealing with natural puzzle-solvers, they might've never escaped at all, but this is a close second. You relish the delicious emotional bounty, which grants you an opportunity for major renovations. What will it be?

A: It's finally monster time!
B: More layout modifications- side rooms, junctions, the works.
C: More puzzles! There are so many ideas you didn't try!
D: Diabolical, deadly, devious traps.
OR: A combination of any two (so you'd vote for AB or BD or whatever)
Suggestions for specific implementations will always be taken on board, though some may be thrown over when we leave the harbour.

Oop, quick edit: you should also choose whether to Keep or Recycle the spinning maze.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2022, 03:27:43 pm »

CD

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2022, 03:29:28 pm »

A You know what I think? MORE MIMICS! “That door was a mimic! Surely this chest is safe”
K The spin room fits the whole fractal dungeon theme
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2022, 03:32:15 pm »

BDK

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2022, 03:37:39 pm »

A, D, K Lets put some mimics in the confusing spinning maze that would be funny.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2022, 03:54:49 pm »

After you locked the thread, some people were unsure whether you were planning to continue, so a short flurry of interest in the genre followed. I considered making one myself.
Ah, since that seems to have been the premise of this whole thread, I'll respond here.

I often lock my threads. Just seems like common sense to me. Why would a host waste everyone's time and energy with submissions they are no longer accepting?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2022, 04:02:25 pm »

ACD(C)

Steal that potion puzzle from that wizard boy book and make the bad potions polymorph dudes into shitty monsters

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2022, 04:04:24 pm »

A, D, K Lets put some mimics in the confusing spinning maze that would be funny.
+1
As fun as people being trapped forever in a maze, this seems too early in for that, I say we put some danger in there
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2022, 04:47:00 pm »

A,R

Let’s get some monsters in here. And Keep this puzzle.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2022, 05:19:16 pm »

AD, K

Let's get some old school kobolds to make some nasty traps.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2022, 12:39:55 am »

+1
As fun as people being trapped forever in a maze, this seems too early in for that, I say we put some danger in there
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2022, 02:11:05 am »

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2022, 02:13:57 am »

+1
+1
+1
+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2022, 06:28:15 am »

A
B

Rooms and monsters its what they don't expect now that we only had weird puzzles!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14