Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety  (Read 35467 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2022, 12:28:36 pm »

((flak mantle costed 300))
"Well, there goes all of my money. But I think it was worth it, dad. Dad?"

Poke Kandar. Go with him if he appears to snap out of his dementia. Since he doesn't seem to remember, let's head for the big hole, where we can use the filament launcher to get down. We both have harnesses so that much is a milk run.

If not, cautiously play with the autocages, trying to train Cha in a relatively safe context.

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 01:25:05 pm by Egan_BW »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2022, 01:24:28 pm »

"Heave-Ho!"
Jim will fire off a line in the general direction of the central island
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2022, 04:55:16 pm »

I'm also good to head back. I haven't posted the last week because I got sick with the 'rona and forgot to check in

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2022, 01:20:40 am »

*grunting noises that could mean something*
Do what's needed to help get the boat moving.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS: Spoos nighttimes and fren boolets
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2022, 10:30:26 am »

Well then, we've obtained the large autocage, as well as great armor for Xeriay.  It's time to set out and explore the bowls of this ship!  I forget where we have to go for that, but whatever.  Ask again if Kander himself has forgotten.  Then head there!

Also store a Liquidoplas bomb in the autocage.

Spoiler: Kander (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2022, 07:43:25 am »

"Heave-Ho!"
Jim will fire off a line in the general direction of the central island
Well then, we've obtained the large autocage, as well as great armor for Xeriay.  It's time to set out and explore the bowls of this ship!  I forget where we have to go for that, but whatever.  Ask again if Kander himself has forgotten.  Then head there!

Also store a Liquidoplas bomb in the autocage.

*grunting noises that could mean something*
Do what's needed to help get the boat moving.
I'm also good to head back. I haven't posted the last week because I got sick with the 'rona and forgot to check in
((flak mantle costed 300))
"Well, there goes all of my money. But I think it was worth it, dad. Dad?"

Poke Kandar. Go with him if he appears to snap out of his dementia. Since he doesn't seem to remember, let's head for the big hole, where we can use the filament launcher to get down. We both have harnesses so that much is a milk run.

If not, cautiously play with the autocages, trying to train Cha in a relatively safe context.

The satellite dish boat returns to the central island of the fuel swamp. As its occupants unload onto the unstable mass of slag and sludge they notice two more people descending from above.  They're coming down the filament line the first group used to get in, though they're doing it on the spidery legs of autoharnesses instead of climbing hand over hand. An autocage is following along behind them as well, tentacles rapidly flickering across the filament like a rock climbing octopus.  The pair and their autocage touch down easily upon the island and survey it for a long moment. The smaller of the two is wearing what looks like a space suit under a heavy cloak, their face hidden in their helmet. The larger of the two, a middle aged man, is covering his mouth and nose with one hand and looking at the swamp with watering eyes. Clearly he hasn't become as accustomed to the burning chemical miasma as the first group. As the two new comers take in the expansive swamp of metal debris and fuel-chemical sludge the first group climbs back up towards the filament and meets them.

Whether or not the first group wishes to simply continue upwards towards freedom, clean air, and payment or stay a while and speak with the newcomers is something they'll have to decide.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2022, 09:37:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

follow group.  if we go up, i will sell the last two items in my inventory, the crystal and the electromagnet. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 28, 2022, 04:31:27 am »

*grunting sounds and gestures indicating I'm staying with the group*
Follow with the group and be ready to go up to the surface.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2022, 01:06:39 am »

"Hey there, just passing by. Careful of the bulletmen, you'll know 'em when you see 'em. They're a bit standoffish right now."
Jim will climb up first along the parallel lines, using his filament gun to create ladder rungs between them

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2022, 03:29:07 pm »

"Sorry dad, you look uncomfortable. Not sure where to go from here, is this an island? Guess I could probably try diving in my suit."

((We actually have two autocages following us, the small one on Kandar's sheet and the large one on mine.))

Explore the island, I don't really know what this place is like since I haven't been reading the main group. Ask them about paths further into the enigma.
Also, look at the swamp goop. Does it seem likely to hurt me though my suit? Could I dive for treasures?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2022, 08:50:19 am »

"Sorry dad, you look uncomfortable. Not sure where to go from here, is this an island? Guess I could probably try diving in my suit."

((We actually have two autocages following us, the small one on Kandar's sheet and the large one on mine.))

Explore the island, I don't really know what this place is like since I haven't been reading the main group. Ask them about paths further into the enigma.
Also, look at the swamp goop. Does it seem likely to hurt me though my suit? Could I dive for treasures?

Spoiler: Earlier description (click to show/hide)
To put it simply, this is a giant sludge pit of fuel and toxic chemicals. Interspersed throughout are islands of metal wreckage covered in weird fungus. The biggest one is in the center and its the one you're currently standing on. The group that just arrived appeared to be using a big satellite dish as a makeshift boat to get around.  Judging by the lines they've set up, they've gone to the east and to the west, but not anywhere else. None of them seem very talkative. You hear them muttering about "bullet men" though.

[7]
Your suit would protect you from the sludge; its designed for such things after all. But diving for treasure might be a dangerous idea: the sludge completely opaque so you'd not be able to see anything as you trudged around in it. 

"Hey there, just passing by. Careful of the bulletmen, you'll know 'em when you see 'em. They're a bit standoffish right now."
Jim will climb up first along the parallel lines, using his filament gun to create ladder rungs between them
*grunting sounds and gestures indicating I'm staying with the group*
Follow with the group and be ready to go up to the surface.

follow group.  if we go up, i will sell the last two items in my inventory, the crystal and the electromagnet. 

Using a rather wiggly ladder made of two filaments with filament "rungs" the team climbs back to the surface.

Ok, I'm assuming people want to sell stuff/hand it in at the Universal Survey for cash. Lets try to get that all handled in one turn so just list off the stuff you're selling/turning in for me. I'll also handle your mapping cash at the same time. 

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2022, 01:52:54 pm »

Just a damaged robot skull and my improved (Xd12) Death Ray.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 02, 2022, 02:16:08 am »

Sell the glowing organ and the intact robot arm with the laser weapon for a hand.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS: Spoos nighttimes and fren boolets
« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2022, 02:57:38 am »

Let's head in a direction aside from towards the bulletmen.  Less value in exploring an already-explored area.  Use filaments, not their weird boat.  We have 40 filaments, and Kander is willing to use almost all of that to make a path.  Choose whichever direction seems most likely to find a wall, or... anything that's not toxic swamp, really.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2022, 09:55:53 am »

selling:
weird crystal shard
Electromagnet module
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23