Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety  (Read 35593 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2022, 01:29:31 am »

"Well, friends, looks like we've got a lead on our hands.  A handsome bounty, for a wounded bug.  We might save lives going after it, too.  Come on, we should hurry.  If you can track, help me out--this forest is easy to get lost in, and I might lose the tracks myself."

Lead the group after the runaway bug.  Double time!

Spoiler: Kander (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2022, 02:14:26 am »

Gambatta glances between the north and the tubes.

"What are we thinking, gentlemen? Across the lake or down a shaft?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2022, 03:52:18 am »

"Hey guys I've fallen into a pipe, can someone get a rope or something to help me out?"
Grab that weird glowing green ball then see if I can't find a way out of the pipe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2022, 05:45:23 am »

"Big just means an easy target... I hope. Thinking a clean slice through a leg or two will make it easier to handle."

Track bug.

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2022, 06:22:25 am »

Apply Biogel to my injury and head along with the group.
Spoiler: Terra (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2022, 02:36:02 pm »

"How interesting..."

Dont get distracted from the goal, follow the main group close but not too close.

Spoiler: Steve Goldwin (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2022, 12:20:40 pm »

"hang on uh, guy in pipe, got someone in more immediate danger"
if he can see Anton, Jim will tag him with the Filament gun and drag him to the island, if he can't Jim will fire his Therma-ray in the air to lead anton to the point where he can be tagged and dragged
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 08:26:58 pm by m1895 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2022, 01:20:38 pm »

Gambatta glances between the north and the tubes.

"What are we thinking, gentlemen? Across the lake or down a shaft?"
"Well, the water or whatever this liquid is seems to be home to some rather nasty critters, so I'm not really keen on crossing this lake, personally."

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2022, 02:15:17 pm »

Ozwald graciously thanks the snake-man for the suit with a curt nod "Ah, delightful work here have this as a bit of a thank you." he hands the snake-man 15 credits "May I change in the back?"

After offering said tip Oz asks to use the tailors back room to change.

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2022, 06:16:05 am »

Help hobo bob get out of the pipe.

"What do you have there?"

Spoiler: Maxwell Hardberger (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2022, 02:12:08 am »

"Some weird glowing thing I found in a corpse."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2022, 02:10:42 pm »

"hang on uh, guy in pipe, got someone in more immediate danger"
if he can see Anton, Jim will tag him with the Filament gun and drag him to the island, if he can't Jim will fire his Therma-ray in the air to lead anton to the point where he can be tagged and dragged
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Well, crap."

make sure i am at the surface, and then remove sludge from head orfices.  I then shout out and try to get help from the guy i was following, and then i shoot my therma ray into the air to show my location.  if asked, i repeat.   
[2][6]
You wipe the gunk from your face as best you can and then look for the other people that came down here. You see them not far off on an island near the center of this swamp. You shout for them and even fire your weapon. One does seem to notice you and fires a filament line. He misses you entirely but you swim over to where the line drifted down into the swamp and use it to drag yourself towards the island.  You half pull, half doggie paddle to keep your face out of the sludge until you make it to the shore, trudging out of the heavy industrial waste and onto the sandy shore with some difficulty. There you use the sand to scrub off the sludge, dumping handfuls of sandy gunk back into the swamp. You give a wave to the guy who fired off the filament for you. He waves back and introduces himself as Jim.

"Hey guys I've fallen into a pipe, can someone get a rope or something to help me out?"
Grab that weird glowing green ball then see if I can't find a way out of the pipe.
You grab the glowing ball of tissue. Its very warm and it makes the skin of your hand and forearm tingle. [Glowing Organ] Acquired!

Help hobo bob get out of the pipe.

"What do you have there?"

Spoiler: Maxwell Hardberger (click to show/hide)
Max reaches one arm down into the pipe Bob fell into. Bob grabs Max's arm and between the two of them they manage to get Bob out of the hole and back onto the relatively firm surface of the pipe island.

Ozwald graciously thanks the snake-man for the suit with a curt nod "Ah, delightful work here have this as a bit of a thank you." he hands the snake-man 15 credits "May I change in the back?"

After offering said tip Oz asks to use the tailors back room to change.

You hand the Snake a few extra credits and then head into the back to get changed. "The Back" is actually further than you thought; past the room with the other snake and into a cramped storage room filled with racks of cloth and ceramic pots of dye. You change from your old and by now quite smelly clothing and into this new suit. It fits surprisingly well for something made by another species, and is very light and airy. It has the feeling and appearance of silk, though the fact that it is made from filament means its probably able to stop a low caliber bullet.  [Armor: all minus head, d4].  The pattern is...well its not exactly the sort of thing you'd see much in human company. Your torso, legs, and arms are all covered in bands of alternating colors and look very much like the bands of color on the Snakes that made them. Your closest mental analog is one of those cartoony black and white striped prison uniforms.  Still, its comfortable and much cooler than your original garb.

"How interesting..."

Dont get distracted from the goal, follow the main group close but not too close.

Spoiler: Steve Goldwin (click to show/hide)
[4]
You push straight into the jungle in search of the group you know disappeared into it at some point in the recent past. You track what seems to be the most recent set of prints in the sand, traveling all the way to the engine's exterior and then back off away from it until you stumble into a hunter's camp. The group, for this is where they are, points their weapons at you for a moment before relaxing. Without saying much of anything they return to their previous actions and don't seem to mind when you tag along with them.

Apply Biogel to my injury and head along with the group.
You shake the canister of biogel for a few seconds before spraying it on the deep gash that encircles your lower leg. The clear mist that comes out quickly beads on your skin, each clear droplet then sluicing up the dribbles of blood and into the injury. Thus the spray condensed into a clear gel in the injury and, using some of the mist still left on the outer skin of your leg, sealed itself in place. The result looks something like clear gelatin held into the injury by a coating of cellophane. You can already feel the mild itch of the tissue within starting to mend. [+97 HP. Returned to max.] You notice there's a button on the can which resembles a trash can, but you decide not to press it for the moment and return the empty can to your bag.

"Big just means an easy target... I hope. Thinking a clean slice through a leg or two will make it easier to handle."

Track bug.

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)
"Well, friends, looks like we've got a lead on our hands.  A handsome bounty, for a wounded bug.  We might save lives going after it, too.  Come on, we should hurry.  If you can track, help me out--this forest is easy to get lost in, and I might lose the tracks myself."

Lead the group after the runaway bug.  Double time!

Spoiler: Kander (click to show/hide)
[8] Kander Perception leveled to d10.

Once everyone seems ready, Kander leads the group of Xeriay, Terra and the new comer Steve back into the jungle, following the tracks. At first the tracks are of both the insect and several human pursuers. However the trail soon turns into a chaotic tangle. An area maybe 20 feet across is a mess of disturbed sand, uprooted or damaged plants, and several human bodies. Kander motions for the group to stop and then carefully moves into the clearing, trying to decipher the events by the marks left behind. Plants cut by lasers and scorched by heat packets, chaotic footsteps, no clear formation. The bug must have suddenly turned on its pursuers, maybe even ambushed them. The hunters were surprised and scattered, tried to gun the beast down as it charged in among them.  Kander moves  between the human bodies, checking them. All dead. One over here slammed into the thorny stalk of a plant, crushed and impaled. Another snipped in half by giant mandibles. The third...looks like one of his teammates accidently tagged him with a laser and nearly bisected him. Bodies have been here for a few hours, maybe half a day at most. Weapons and gear are still here...no one has come across them yet.

Kander moves across the battleground, following ichor splatters and finds, leaning against another plant as though causally discarded, an enormous insectoid leg. Three meters tall maybe? Looks like it was cut near its base by a laser, judging from the scorch marks. The trail of inhuman footprints and ichor dribbles carries on, this time with no human prints to match it.

Kander straightens up from where he was inspecting the sand and motions that the rest of the team can move in.  "Its big." He mutters, rubbing some ichor between his fingers before flicking it off. "Smart too. Or at least cunning enough to spring a trap. Its had a while to get clear, hole up somewhere. Have to be careful we don't get jumped like these poor bastards." 

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2022, 02:19:45 pm »

Name: Anton Barrick

Description: a generic human male.

Stats:
STR: d10
DEX: d8
END: d8
SPD: d8
KNO: d8
WIS: d6
PER: d8
CHA: d6

HP: 27/34
SP: 28/28

Carry: 4/10

Items:
Helmet (d6 armor, head only)
Therma-Ray (DEX) (d8)
Fragment of the void
Human bone prayer beads

Money:0

Join the people looking for a way off.  Are there any valuable metals or something like that around?

“What are we here for?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 04:40:08 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2022, 06:13:58 pm »

"Well if it's that smart, then we could always just turn around now. These folks' weapons and that leg should be worth something, right?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2022, 07:45:41 pm »

Quickly gather and tally all the belongings of the deceased hunters.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23