Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Warplant Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 13821 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warplant Mafia (7 players, 4 survive) Day 2
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2022, 05:08:14 pm »

Why do people keep saying I went hard on Knightwing? How many times do I need to dispute this...?
... Listen.

Just answer the question to the best of your ability. Or I will vote you! You doing this makes me want to vote you. I can't believe you don't understand that concept.

The reason why I think you are scum is that I believe you have realized there is no way for you to win. And if that's the case, then you should hammer yourself. It makes sense. And that combined with your general demeanor seems very scummy to me. You can say you didn't go hard on Knightwing, but you never swapped your vote to anyone else, did you?

All I need from you is a little cooperation and then I will hammer ToonyMan, because he is super lurky.
I didn't swap my vote off of Knightwing because Blu was in hammer range and I said I would wait for a claim before hammering. There literally wasn't anywhere else for my vote to go. I mean I guess you could argue that I was just stalling for time so that Blu could come up with a fake claim, but uh, he tried to claim Cop. I probably would've suggested a role that wasn't already claimed.

Though actually now that I think about it, I'm guessing the point was to draw out the real Cop. Jim hammered the Cop claim with little hesitation, so the mafia team were able to deduce he was the real Cop from there. That's actually pretty smart, might've been better for me to just hammer then.

Either way, I think that more or less proves I'm not aligned with Blu. If the plan was to try to save Blu by eliminating Knightwing, then Blu should've come up with a believable fake claim. Otherwise, if the plan was to sacrifice Blu in order to find the real Cop and gain town cred for myself, I wouldn't have been putting any pressure on Knightwing at all and definitely wouldn't have brought the two people I was arguing with to ELo. My play this game doesn't match up with any viable scum motives or strategies.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2022, 06:08:26 pm »

I'm out tonight but I'll be on later.

@Knightwing:
Anything else to add?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2022, 07:23:35 pm »

@Knightwing:
Anything else to add?

Roden seemed to switch up very quickly after voting himself.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2022, 08:23:46 pm »

@Knightwing:
Anything else to add?

I mean, I got yelled at and guilt tripped for my previous tone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2022, 08:57:03 pm »

Though actually now that I think about it, I'm guessing the point was to draw out the real Cop. Jim hammered the Cop claim with little hesitation, so the mafia team were able to deduce he was the real Cop from there. That's actually pretty smart, might've been better for me to just hammer then.
That was pretty smart, yeah.

Either way, I think that more or less proves I'm not aligned with Blu. If the plan was to try to save Blu by eliminating Knightwing, then Blu should've come up with a believable fake claim. Otherwise, if the plan was to sacrifice Blu in order to find the real Cop and gain town cred for myself, I wouldn't have been putting any pressure on Knightwing at all and definitely wouldn't have brought the two people I was arguing with to ELo. My play this game doesn't match up with any viable scum motives or strategies.
WIFOM

@Knightwing:
Anything else to add?

I mean, I got yelled at and guilt tripped for my previous tone.
I'm voting the player I 100% know is mafia. From your POV the same is true if you were town. I think it's incorrect to not be voting a player you 100% know is mafia. I believe you only made this "BP doesn't exist" argument and self-voted as a last chance way to get me lynched today even if this makes you a 5D chess master like Web has said. I don't believe you would give up the game because of posts like this one. In addition, you aren't posting like a player who has no chance of winning. Which I believe heavily hints that you are in fact BP and just need someone lynched to win.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2022, 09:24:57 pm »

Toony, I self voted then told Web to vote me for almost an entire day. Putting myself in hammer range while Web kept threatening to hammer me is just stupid if I'm mafia. That's not even a gambit, it's just an auto loss.

And tbh it kinda sucks to see you lie through your teeth and try to say I'm playing 5D chess because you clearly don't actually think that highly of me. This is the third time now that you've faked a mechanical guilty on me, you haven't really done that to anyone else. It's the same song and dance, like how you pocket Jack every game and try to appeal to Web early on so he's less likely to scrutinize you later. If you thought I was that good you wouldn't be pulling the same strategy every game since you clearly believe it to be effective and reliable.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2022, 09:39:03 pm »

I do think highly of you, part of the reason I'd want to track a player is because I'm unconfident in reading them. Which I clearly am.

This isn't as important, but I don't pocket Jack every game I'm mafia. I'm even conscious of that and drove a wagon on him in one of the MVM3 rounds I believe to break trends.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2022, 09:45:42 pm »

If you thought I was that good you wouldn't be pulling the same strategy every game since you clearly believe it to be effective and reliable.
Did I even win any of those games? I remember the MVM3 Round 3 one distinctively as a loss. That's not effective or reliable.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2022, 09:49:47 pm »

If you aren't confident in reading me then why did you specifically say you town read me yesterday? If you wanted to Track a player you weren't confident in then why didn't you target any of your null reads? You understand that what you're saying here isn't consistent with what you actually claimed to do, right?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2022, 10:17:06 pm »

If you thought I was that good you wouldn't be pulling the same strategy every game since you clearly believe it to be effective and reliable.
Did I even win any of those games? I remember the MVM3 Round 3 one distinctively as a loss. That's not effective or reliable.
Round 3 was a loss but successful in framing me. Round 5 was a landslide victory and easy frame job. Totem Mafia was a loss but so close that you only lost by one vote at the literal last minute. And this game is once again a frame job being determined by one last vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2022, 11:02:50 pm »

If you aren't confident in reading me then why did you specifically say you town read me yesterday? If you wanted to Track a player you weren't confident in then why didn't you target any of your null reads? You understand that what you're saying here isn't consistent with what you actually claimed to do, right?
I did town read you, but unlike Web and Jim you weren't going to be the mafiakill last night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2022, 11:40:42 pm »

Ugh, I'm gonna get flamed for this if I'm wrong, but also even if I'm right, I think ToonyMan played really well, so he deserved the win otherwise.

I'm gonna vote ToonyMan tomorrow, so if there's anything that Knightwing wants to say or anyone else for that matter, say it now.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2022, 06:57:20 am »

No, I think so as well. Hopefully I won’t get flamed as I’m known to be not as good as web

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2022, 08:31:54 am »

ToonyMan

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2022, 10:01:19 am »

A crudely written note says the following:
Vote count is
(2) Toonyman: Knightwing64, Webadict
(1) Roden: Toonyman
(0) Webadict
(0) Knightwing64

Not voting: Roden

(Sorry for the low quality vote count, I'm working off my cellphone)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12