Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Warplant Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 13841 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warplant Mafia (7 players, 4 survive) Day 2
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2022, 08:46:25 pm »

@Roden:
I'm voting you because it's a guaranteed win for town if it goes through. I have mechanical confirmation. Webadict and Knightwing are confirmed town from my POV (Web can't be SK anymore since he could have just hammered you for the win).

You not voting me doesn't make sense from a town POV. Why self-vote when there's the very reasonable possibility I'm BP? That loses town the game. You are throwing the game regardless of your alignment, which only me and you know for sure.

I haven't needed to "sway" others because Knightwing hadn't taken a stance yet and Webadict believes me more. Now that Knightwing is voting me I can bounce back and forth with him.

@Knightwing:
Ummmm
Toonyman?
Okay, how come?
Come on don't give up, lame!
Dunno, this just felt kinda scum to me, and I went off of just gut instinct. I’m not exactly Sherlock Holmes  :-[
I don't like when players self-vote, especially when it's not even good.
The problem with these posts is that you have no reason to get me to vote you if you're town. But as scum you have a reason to convince me to vote you, as it makes it look like I have no conviction and thus just trying to push a gambit.

It's a weird guilt trip/emotional manipulation attempt that doesn't come from town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2022, 09:00:27 pm »

Come on guys, I can't believe you're making me do the dirty work here.

Jesus.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2022, 09:07:04 pm »

It doesn't matter what your alignment is Roden! There's no reason to self-vote and I hate to see it. I don't care if it makes me look bad because I want to see players play good games and make good plays.

Mafia!Roden doesn't want to self-vote here because they lose.
Town!Roden doesn't want to self-vote here because they can just vote me.

There's no reason to self-vote as either alignment, which is why you shouldn't be.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2022, 09:21:08 pm »

I gave a reason for voting myself.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2022, 09:23:20 pm »

Honestly really unfair to try to characterize my play as bad. Self voting has its uses and I'm not the first townie to set up a town win by doing so.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2022, 09:30:00 pm »

Toony, explain why you thought Roden was Town on Day 1.
Roden, explain why you went hard on Knightwing for his Miller claim?

Also, technically, Toony is actually looking a bit worse on re-examination. He goes for the hard vote on BluarianKnight but doesn't really interact with Blu, whereas Roden is continuing to interact. That, in itself, does seem kinda fishy to me. This is entirely within scum!Toony's wheelhouse, as he tends to bus his teammates to boost his credibility. Like, Bluarian does NO interacting with ToonyMan, but tons with Roden, which leaves me to believe that the Cop claim at the end might've been a bit of a gambit play to swap votes, based on Toony's reaction. Roden, on the other hand, is willing to throw himself under the bus multiple times. Seems like a potentially bad situation here.

Roden, on the other hand, has multiple interactions with BluarianKnight, which is outside of scum!Roden's typical playstyle, as well as putting BluarianKnight at the bottom of his suspicions but not voting for her. In fact, both of them seem to be going for each other, which is either a super gambit play, or it's just regular town fighting with scum. Hard to decipher, but it'd be FUCKING EASIER IF YOU GUYS JUST DECIDED TO FUCKING HELP ME, sorry, that was unnecessary, but also slightly necessary.

The problem I have is that I actually did allow ToonyMan to coast a bit here because I wanted him to find more evidence, but he never really did, which he also does when he's in gambit mode, so that he can avoid accidentally incriminating himself. Additionally, he should've said that it was actually really fucking obvious that I'm the Vigilante because nobody else is going to shoot Maximum Spin except the guy who claimed he was a Cop on Day 1, but also the only guy who would dare shoot at 6p because I'm craaaazy. So, I think ToonyMan can reasonably deduce that I'm the Vigilante from context and work backwards from that. It's not rocket surgery.

Additionally, THESE posts are always going to bug me:
That is correct. I'm not bulletproof.

I think you are bulletproof though, Roden. Not that it matters if we vote you off. It would explain why you're making meta justification to dissuade from there being a mafia BP when in fact there is only one VT and a Tracker and not two VTs. Plus town has a vig which is very strong.
Technically, you shouldn't believe that Roden is Bulletproof here, but that's not the real point.

ToonyMan, will you explain the biggest reason why you're probably Town so that Roden will understand?
There could be two of one role I guess. I don't think that's not allowed. Double mafia roleblockers!

I don't know why I'm saying this to Roden, but I'm probably town because mafia!me loses if I'm not BP. Which you seem to believe enough to selfvote, so.
ToonyMan actually shouldn't believe Roden is Bulletproof anymore, unless he thinks Roden is a 5D chess master.

If I have to be honest, I kinda want to vote Roden just because it's bad form to vote yourself, but also because I told him to unvote and I'm literally confirmed Town. Actually, I'm technically only semi-confirmed, because I could be the Serial Killer trying to make sure the Mafia dies. Spooooooky, so I have incentive to find the Mafia regardless!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2022, 10:25:03 pm »

Honestly really unfair to try to characterize my play as bad. Self voting has its uses and I'm not the first townie to set up a town win by doing so.
Sorry, but I disagree.

Toony, explain why you thought Roden was Town on Day 1.
At the time I wasn't sure about Knightwing so I did like the suspicion on them. This was the post I was mainly thinking of. Their feelings on Bluarian and Max felt genuine to me since they were very inquisitive of Bluarian (which also didn't stop that day as you pointed out) and they gave an accurate take on Max which Roden has less of a reason to do as mafia. So I just put them in the middle town range.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2022, 10:29:36 pm »

ToonyMan actually shouldn't believe Roden is Bulletproof anymore, unless he thinks Roden is a 5D chess master.
If Roden isn't BP then self-voting does end it for him sooner as there's nothing he can do now.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2022, 12:20:39 am »

Why do people keep saying I went hard on Knightwing? How many times do I need to dispute this...?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2022, 12:22:28 am »

Unvote because I'm heading to bed soon and don't want to wake up to a hammer again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2022, 07:18:21 am »

Why do people keep saying I went hard on Knightwing? How many times do I need to dispute this...?
... Listen.

Just answer the question to the best of your ability. Or I will vote you! You doing this makes me want to vote you. I can't believe you don't understand that concept.

The reason why I think you are scum is that I believe you have realized there is no way for you to win. And if that's the case, then you should hammer yourself. It makes sense. And that combined with your general demeanor seems very scummy to me. You can say you didn't go hard on Knightwing, but you never swapped your vote to anyone else, did you?

All I need from you is a little cooperation and then I will hammer ToonyMan, because he is super lurky.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2022, 10:26:39 am »

Super lurky? I joined partway into Day 1 and didn't feel like I did much, but I've been a huge factor in Day 2. There's a certain Wing of Knights that could be contributing more at the very least.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2022, 10:32:51 am »

Roden has no reason to unvote themselves before going to bed unless the selfvote really was a way to get Knightwing and Web on me for the hammer, though that implies he is BP.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2022, 04:13:31 pm »

@Roden:
I'm voting you because it's a guaranteed win for town if it goes through. I have mechanical confirmation. Webadict and Knightwing are confirmed town from my POV (Web can't be SK anymore since he could have just hammered you for the win).

You not voting me doesn't make sense from a town POV. Why self-vote when there's the very reasonable possibility I'm BP? That loses town the game. You are throwing the game regardless of your alignment, which only me and you know for sure.

I haven't needed to "sway" others because Knightwing hadn't taken a stance yet and Webadict believes me more. Now that Knightwing is voting me I can bounce back and forth with him.

@Knightwing:
Ummmm
Toonyman?
Okay, how come?
Come on don't give up, lame!
Dunno, this just felt kinda scum to me, and I went off of just gut instinct. I’m not exactly Sherlock Holmes  :-[
I don't like when players self-vote, especially when it's not even good.
The problem with these posts is that you have no reason to get me to vote you if you're town. But as scum you have a reason to convince me to vote you, as it makes it look like I have no conviction and thus just trying to push a gambit.

It's a weird guilt trip/emotional manipulation attempt that doesn't come from town.
Roden has no reason to unvote themselves before going to bed unless the selfvote really was a way to get Knightwing and Web on me for the hammer, though that implies he is BP.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2022, 04:40:52 pm »

All the juicy things happen when I’m at school
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12