Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Warplant Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 13825 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Warplant Mafia (7 players, 4 survive) Day 2
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2022, 04:39:01 pm »

I shot Max, so, y'know, not really an "ask questions first" kinda guy.

If you didn't vote for Knightwing, I would've been up for voting ToonyMan, though.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2022, 04:44:27 pm »

That makes zero sense since that confirms I was uninformed, but ok, give Toony another free win by fake claiming again I guess.

Next time I'll just let the game die? I guess that's the lesson.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2022, 04:48:46 pm »

Ugh, I feel like this should be a obvious vote but Roden seems genuinely salty about this which is making me second guess

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2022, 04:59:02 pm »

That makes zero sense since that confirms I was uninformed, but ok, give Toony another free win by fake claiming again I guess.

Next time I'll just let the game die? I guess that's the lesson.
That's not the problem, and I think you know that.

The problem isn't being suspicious about Knightwing. It's fine to be suspicious of Knightwing. But, your suspicion had no deduction on it.

Let me quote you my post.
I just expect him to talk more in general. I don't really know what he's like when he's scum, so I'm not about to say that being quiet is a scum tell, but it is at least a bit out of character. I figure if he is town then he'll start town telling at some point if we pressure him. Plus it gives content for everyone else to talk about as well.
I don't like this post.
BluarianKnight points out exactly why this post is scummy, which is funny because she's scum, but that's not the main point. The point is that there's no optimal outcome from this type of post. You can say Knightwing is scummy no matter how he reacts because Knightwing is an unknown. I think there is a lot that can be said about this, where it takes almost no stance other than to feel out whether it could fly as a potential vote.

If you combine this with a seeming struggle to swap everyone to Knightwing near the end of the Day, it really does point to you being scum.

Now, I think if you want to convince me, you have to explain why ToonyMan decided to Track you, but it unfortunately ends up pointing more towards Toony being Town because ToonyMan as Town knows 3 things:

1) I claimed Cop and that I was likely to target Maximum Spin
2) You are unlikely to be Nightkilled, but one of Jim Groovester or I are, and
3) You are a suspicious target if Maximum Spin can be potentially cleared.

As scum, ToonyMan is still forced into the same tracking target, but I think scum ToonyMan has to wait to figure out if you are me are the Vigilante. I think he slowballs for a post or two instead because he can't leave the Vigilante alive unless he's Bulletproof.

That's actually WHY there's another point here: It's very likely that you are, in fact, Bulletproof. The reason why is that you shot Jim Groovester, who you likely believed was a potential candidate for the Vigilante due to his last post, since it would make no sense to have Bulletproof otherwise. And, worst case scenario, Jim Groovester still is a good target for that.

So, in short, I am fairly sure you're scum, Roden.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2022, 05:01:00 pm »

My master plan was to argue with the two people I planned to bring to ELo, obviously. I mean that's how you win as Mafia, right? Piss off the people that decide who wins? A then bring Toony to end game even though the people I argued with town read him??

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2022, 05:03:06 pm »

Web the fact that you're still on about me wanting to vote out Knightwing when I never said to vote out Knightwing and made it clear he wasn't my first choice, is just annoying.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2022, 05:06:54 pm »

I have literally zero clue why you think I kill Jim over you or Toony in this situation, or why you think Blu and I actively tried to vote each other out if we're both scum. It why you even think Toony is town tbh when he isn't doing anything or trying to solve and just faked a Tracker claim then disappeared.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2022, 05:11:07 pm »

Web the fact that you're still on about me wanting to vote out Knightwing when I never said to vote out Knightwing and made it clear he wasn't my first choice, is just annoying.
Then stop worrying about it. I am justifying my thoughts publicly, and I think you should instead make the case for ToonyMan.

Now come up with an actual case instead of faking a Track result. emotional appeal.
I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to explain why I am voting for you. Take a deep breath and ignore it because you can still convince Knightwing. And technically me.

I have literally zero clue why you think I kill Jim over you or Toony in this situation, or why you think Blu and I actively tried to vote each other out if we're both scum. It why you even think Toony is town tbh when he isn't doing anything or trying to solve and just faked a Tracker claim then disappeared.
Maybe BluarianKnight decided it. That's WIFOM defense, and there's plenty of answers to it, so I won't take it as a defense.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2022, 05:18:46 pm »

I've already made the case for Toony. There's really nothing else to say, he replaced in, town read me, scum read Blu, null read Max and Knightwing, then claimed a Track result on me. If you think that adds up then I don't know what to tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2022, 05:21:00 pm »

ToonyMan has 100% confirmed who he believes is scum, and he doesn't need to justify his answer because he has a solid answer. His tracking result is his justification. That is a bit unfair, as he has less work to do, but it also only works if people think he's Town.

I think ToonyMan is Town, so I am taking his word, so you need to either look like Town OR you need to make ToonyMan look like scum. I don't think arguing with me about inaccuracies is worth your time right now.

I am not a guy that cares for emotional appeals, and I will warn you now that if it ties Today, I will shoot you Tonight, so we will not be No Elimming Today, so you have plenty of incentive to convince the two Townies that you are Town, yes?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2022, 05:25:08 pm »

I was at work but wanted to post my results asap.

I targeted Roden because Blu flipped scum and I didn't want to target Max. Knightwing was pointless and targeting Web or Jim would have likely not been helpful.

And yeah, if I was scum I would need to figure out who the vig was first unless I was Bulletproof, which is possible. So that's one way you could argue Mr. Vanilla Townie.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2022, 05:27:19 pm »

Are you serious? If you have another shot we just win. You couldn't have lead with that? I think the whole situation is dumb, and giving Toony and free pass for the millionth time is dumber, but it literally doesn't matter if you can shoot him tonight.

Confirm you have another shot and I'll self vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2022, 05:27:45 pm »

Ugh, I feel like this should be a obvious vote but Roden seems genuinely salty about this which is making me second guess
If you believe Roden then vote me.

If you believe me then vote Roden.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2022, 05:28:51 pm »

Toony, it's over if Web has another shot.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2022, 05:30:16 pm »

Yeah Blu flipped Roleblocker, that's GG then.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12