Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Warplant Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 13864 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Warplant Mafia (7/7) We Have Begun!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2022, 08:00:40 pm »

Also, I dunno. I just have a bad feeling about blue, maybe it’s just cause they are voting me but my gut instinct just makes me think that something isn’t right with them
I agree yeah.

(They're also voting two people at once somehow...)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2022, 08:16:02 pm »

Blu, Knightwing, how would your read of me change if I hadn't asked for more pressure on Knightwing? If I had just stayed quiet and minded my own business, would that make me townier in your eyes?

Not really, being completely silent is worse but the fact that you just immediately came for blood with no indication I wasn’t town, dunno, it just seems weird and scummy in my unprofessional opinion.

Also, I dunno. I just have a bad feeling about blue, maybe it’s just cause they are voting me but my gut instinct just makes me think that something isn’t right with them
Interesting. What if I had said "more votes on Max" instead?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2022, 08:18:18 pm »

Blu, Knightwing, how would your read of me change if I hadn't asked for more pressure on Knightwing? If I had just stayed quiet and minded my own business, would that make me townier in your eyes?

You putting pressure on Knightwing isn't the issue.
It's the single-mindedness that bugs me. It just felt.. really pushy. If you had done a more middling approach, or also pushed other people, that wouldn't have set me off.

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2022, 08:23:31 pm »

Votecount:
(0) Maximum Spin
(0) Knightwing64: Roden, BluarianKnight
(0) Roden: BluarianKnight
(0) Jim Groovester
(0) BluarianKnight: Maximum Spin, Toonyman, Webadict
(0) ToonyMan
(0) Webadict

Not voting: Jim Groovester

Game ends Wednesday, March 2nd @ 2:48pm EST

Sorry, Fixed!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2022, 08:46:50 pm »

It's the single-mindedness that bugs me. It just felt.. really pushy. If you had done a more middling approach, or also pushed other people, that wouldn't have set me off.
Honestly, I agree, but aren't you also voting Knightwing?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2022, 02:14:34 am »

What does this even mean? How is it single minded to say "hey vote Knightwing and see what happens"? Nobody was doing anything, nobody was asking questions, and the Mafia was in the perfect spot to just coast by as nothing happened. I don't know how you expect me to push other people when nobody had any content to push in the first place. I don't understand the logic here, especially since your own approach to me actually has been single minded and still currently is.

Probably just gonna hammer you in a few hours tbh, but I'll let you claim first.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2022, 02:21:30 am »

Low key the game probably does just end with a Blu elim, because I don't see how town could genuinely think asking for content is single minded or scummy. If you flip town I'm gonna need you to go into your exact thought process in the post game, because this is just baffling to me and your current explanations don't make any sense.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2022, 02:57:23 am »

This is an excellent point.

Probably just gonna hammer you in a few hours tbh, but I'll let you claim first.

What would change with his role claim vs just hammering and getting the flip?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2022, 04:38:34 am »

This is an excellent point.

What would change with his role claim vs just hammering and getting the flip?
If he claims a role that isn't counter claimed and is confirmable, then I'd rather launch the Miller claim before ELo.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2022, 07:16:57 am »

It's stuff like that that makes me want to vote Roden.

Think about that one logically: If Knightwing is not a Miller, then do you think he would claim Miller on his own? Personally, I do not. It seems too risky. So, you must think about who Knightwing's partner would be to make him claim Miller. And I don't see anyone really doing that.

So, that's basically the issue with why I won't vote Knightwing. You have to be convincing on that one, because claiming Miller is a inherently pro-Town action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2022, 07:27:13 am »

I don't remember if this was said anywhere, but none of us should claim unless:

1. We caught scum
2. We're about to be voted off
3. It's lylo

Knightwing claimed Miller which I guess is fine.

The reason for this is simple, there's no doctor (a roleblocker is a crapshoot if they can succeed) and we have potential roles such as cop and bulletproof which are extremely better when mafia don't know who to hit.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2022, 08:23:22 am »

A Roden vote isn't going to happen today.

Also, I do want Knightwing to interact more. So I'm not against pressure against him. I still hold to my point that Roden's push on KW felt off to me.

But, alright. Roden. I'll hold to my claims previously.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2022, 08:27:34 am »

I would recommend roleclaiming, Blurian. Be honest.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2022, 08:38:29 am »

1. We caught scum
3. It's lylo

The reason for this is simple, there's no doctor (a roleblocker is a crapshoot if they can succeed) and we have potential roles such as cop and bulletproof which are extremely better when mafia don't know who to hit.
I'm a Cop.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2022, 08:39:25 am »

Alright.

1. We caught scum
3. It's lylo

I'm a Cop.

Nope.

I'm the cop.

Was keeping quiet because I have a good idea on your role, but I guess claiming is better than wasting townvote.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12