Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Warplant Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 13871 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Warplant Mafia (7/7) We Have Begun!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2022, 04:48:52 pm »

Listen, I don’t know what to tell you. I saw that I got a role as a miller, Went to sleep and everyone started voting me. What am I supposed to tell you?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2022, 05:11:00 pm »

I was sleeping….

I’m a townie that shows up as mafia when you investigate me.
Claiming Miller means you're going to have to put in extra effort to town tell. Do you have any takes so far?

I just expect him to talk more in general. I don't really know what he's like when he's scum, so I'm not about to say that being quiet is a scum tell, but it is at least a bit out of character. I figure if he is town then he'll start town telling at some point if we pressure him. Plus it gives content for everyone else to talk about as well.
I don't like this post.
Kind of a nothing post tbh. Is your motivation to play just low this game?

Alright! Tophats on, let's see..

HEY LUCKYOWL WHERE ARE YOU FRIENDO DON'T MAKE ME COME AFTER YOU

Dead as hecc.

I'll grant you discussion is pretty anemic but two players voting for the same reasons is eye catching.

Eh, I didn't exactly have much thought to the vote past it being funny.

But, given what little we have right now..

Yes I am a townie
You gotta give us more, Knightwing.

I was sleeping….

I’m a townie that shows up as mafia when you investigate me.

This.. isn't enough to help your case. Claiming the miller after what little you've done so far is.. eughh.. I want to see you more, at least asking a few questions. You'd have vote, but..

I don't like the look of Roden so far.
How many scum are there in this game? That's pretty important information.
My best guess would be 1 Mafia + 1 Ally.

Yes I am a townie
I don't quite believe that yet.

Knightwing64

Jumping on the Knightwing suspicion of Maximum with a vote, which isn't bad typically but..

If no one's gonna talk then can we at least get some more votes on Knightwing?

He pushes it, without interest of discussion - he wants to vote without question. I don't like that - a townie would want to at least give Knight a chance to speak, but it feels like he wants to vote him out without discussion.

I just expect him to talk more in general. I don't really know what he's like when he's scum, so I'm not about to say that being quiet is a scum tell, but it is at least a bit out of character. I figure if he is town then he'll start town telling at some point if we pressure him. Plus it gives content for everyone else to talk about as well.

I don't.. buy this. This feels like reaching for an excuse, here. Add it all up, and I feel like he's pretty scummy so far.
Very weird take. Why do you think vote pressure and content generation in a quiet game is scummy? Why do you think I need an excuse to vote or to get other people to vote? If I'm scum, then a dead game with no leading wagon and zero votes on me is exactly what I'd want.

I think this was a +town thought process, but it only serves to punish and shut down player initiative. Knightwing didn't bother to claim Miller until I put in the effort to put pressure on him, even though standard town play is to immediately claim Miller. If you think that was scummy of me to do then sorry, but uh, it's not. That's literally just me playing the game.

Also, not really sure how you came to the conclusion that I was trying to vote out Knightwing before he could say anything. Where did I say to do that?

B) Roden - You've been targetting KW for not talking, but Maximum Spin has less posts then them at this point. Why aren't you arguing against them for the same issues?
Because Max doesn't talk much Day 1 and the expected response probably would've been something to the effect of: "You should know by now that I don't have much to say on Day 1."

Day 1 pressure votes on Max historically don't really give us much to work with. I'll talk to him when something he says or does piques my interest. Otherwise he'd rather just be obstinate and die even as town than to give content today. If you don't believe me then ask Web.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2022, 05:22:38 pm »

Otherwise he'd rather just be obstinate and die even as town than to give content today. If you don't believe me then ask Web.
That seems like an unnecessarily harsh way to put it. I just don't react to pressure. I've gotta be me, man!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2022, 05:30:35 pm »

I don't like this post.
No, I'm just a Cop, so I wanna know who I have to investigate Tonight, and if I don't talk much, no one goes after me and it makes my job easier.

Also, I'm liable to get caught up arguing about nothing. So, now the scum will have to kill me. Or roleblock me. That's okay, too, I guess, because then they won't kill me?

It's a nothing post because your post is also a nothing post, because no matter how Knightwing responds you can classify it as scummy. Additionally, I also post more historically and you did not appear to find me suspicious. In essence, it was a very scummy mindframe.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2022, 06:53:41 pm »

I would say Roden seems scummy to me, but that is mostly just going off of them trying to vote me and what other people have said. I can’t really town tell when no one has anything to tell yet

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 07:40:54 pm »

Otherwise he'd rather just be obstinate and die even as town than to give content today. If you don't believe me then ask Web.
That seems like an unnecessarily harsh way to put it. I just don't react to pressure. I've gotta be me, man!
It may be harsh but I don't think it's necessarily untrue. I don't believe you would just straight throw the game, but with a less reasonable and more aggressive town I think you could get voted out for it. Scum can and has easily pushed you for it too.

I don't like this post.
No, I'm just a Cop, so I wanna know who I have to investigate Tonight, and if I don't talk much, no one goes after me and it makes my job easier.

Also, I'm liable to get caught up arguing about nothing. So, now the scum will have to kill me. Or roleblock me. That's okay, too, I guess, because then they won't kill me?

It's a nothing post because your post is also a nothing post, because no matter how Knightwing responds you can classify it as scummy. Additionally, I also post more historically and you did not appear to find me suspicious. In essence, it was a very scummy mindframe.
Ah, I was wondering if you would claim.

I'm not looking to classify Knightwing as anything, I just want to see his response. He isn't giving much to work with though, and if he's going to claim Miller then he has to give us a pretty good reason to town read him.

I haven't said much about your activity because it's been more or less fine compared to the general activity of the game. Activity isn't alignment indicative for you anyway, you post plenty as town and mafia.

I would say Roden seems scummy to me, but that is mostly just going off of them trying to vote me and what other people have said. I can’t really town tell when no one has anything to tell yet
Scum reading me for voting you is the opposite of town telling. :/

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2022, 07:45:18 pm »

What sucks is that there's only so much I can tell from the game state while we're missing a player. I'm not sure if waiting until a replacement shows up is the right call or not.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2022, 07:49:18 pm »

We could just vote out LuckyOwl.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2022, 08:20:38 pm »

Is that the most optimum move here?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2022, 08:35:01 pm »

Is that the most optimum move here?
I think it might be - if LO gets modkilled, we don't get a flip. While I don't know whether we can cheat this rule, it can't hurt to try, and in that case we might get a flip.

If EuchreJack specifically tells us that we won't get a flip that way, though, it becomes a waste of a lynch. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though - it's always better to lynch nothing than to lynch town, so we should consider that possibility in case there's no clear contender.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2022, 09:44:14 pm »

How many scum are there in this game? That's pretty important information.
My best guess would be 1 Mafia + 1 Ally.

On reflecting on this a bit more this is sort of an odd suggestion. Mafia Allies do not appear to be roles in this game.

People have already picked at you for this but if my experiences with Knightwing64 are anything to go by then reticence is not out of character for him.

Claiming Miller means you're going to have to put in extra effort to town tell. Do you have any takes so far?

I don't really agree that miller claims impose extra responsibility to play a slightly higher effort game than usual.

I don't like this post.

I disagree with this as well.

snip
snip

I don't hate either of these posts.

snip

I don't know what it is about your posts but you are very good about making me feel uneasy about you.

In Roden's posts that you criticize, while I don't completely agree with Roden's reasoning, I dislike the reasons and the narrative you've attributed to him even less.

I feel bad since you're putting more effort into the game than some people but it's not getting rewarded and instead you're getting scrutiny.

Jim - Why hop onto the Knightwing bandwagon?

Because Roden asked and if I did I thought stuff might happen.

What am I supposed to tell you?

WHOMST DOTH THOU DETECT IS FRIEND AND WHOMST THOU REASON IS FOE

Plenty of people have posted enough to get reads on.

No, I'm just a Cop,

Bold but not atypical.

Hey Max, of Roden or BluarianKnight, which one has got to go first?
Man, that's a tough question. I guess I'd have to say Bluarian, as I think Roden's play here is theoretically consistent with d1 town Rodens past, and I expect him to become more legible over time. The caveat is that I may be overweighting my most recent Roden experience. I have tried not to, but it's still very possible.

Re: post posted while posting: I am only one person.

I really wish you posted more. You seem to have reasonable enough opinions about players in games and I'd really like to see what informs those opinions and how they develop.

I don't hate this idea.

I wish this wasn't something that was worth considering though.

Here's where I'm at:

Maximum Spin - reading townish
Knightwing64 - reading slightly townish
WOOBA - reading slightly townish
Roden - reading scummy and townish but on balance townish
BluearianKnight - slightly scummy
Luckyowl - completely null

If I had to pick two I'd pick BluearianKnight and Luckyowl.

You know fuck it we actually need to lynch Luckyowl. If he gets modkilled that could turn today into milo which nobody is going to enjoy. If we lynch him we get his flip and we get night actions and it'll be lylo on Day 2. Not a great situation going into Day 2 but not impossible.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2022, 09:46:58 pm »

Hey Max, of Roden or BluarianKnight, which one has got to go first?

Jim is removed from suspicion for now.
Knightwing is scum only if Roden is scum.

Roden looks bad.
BluarianKnight looks slightly less bad, but also looks bad for stealing my take on Roden.
No Luckyowl == Bad

... taking your take?

Okay, fuck that.

I just expect him to talk more in general. I don't really know what he's like when he's scum, so I'm not about to say that being quiet is a scum tell, but it is at least a bit out of character. I figure if he is town then he'll start town telling at some point if we pressure him. Plus it gives content for everyone else to talk about as
I don't like this post.

is equal to my post?

Because there's fuck-all to post about in this fucking thread so far. Of course I retread ground.

Webadict -
Knightwing is scum only if Roden is scum.

Explain how this makes any sense to me. I don't think Roden's scum-play is ballsy enough to target his team-mate D1, or that awful to do that either.
Yeah, you tend to echo me as scum, which is why I think it's scummy. You did correctly identify why it was scummy, too. It's really a you-specific scumtell, so it doesn't really apply to anyone else, and you can hate it, but it's going to be a thing.

As for why Knightwing, the point is that I don't think Knightwing is scum, and the only way Knightwing is scum is Roden for picking apart a very specific piece of information that was only able to be dragged out after Knightwing posted. Or, intuition, whatever fully answers your question. The point is that it's probably not Knightwing, and that's all you need to worry about for now.

But, if it makes you feel better, Roden does seem to be more likely scum than you, and if I had to guess, it's probably Roden/Maximum Spin, so I'll probably inspect one of them Tonight. Probably.

Either that, or it's Luckyowl, but like, it's probably not Luckyowl.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2022, 10:07:52 pm »

I really wish you posted more. You seem to have reasonable enough opinions about players in games and I'd really like to see what informs those opinions and how they develop.
That's exactly what I feel reticent about sharing, unfortunately - I'm not very good at explaining those opinions in detail, so I'm concerned about driving attention in the wrong direction, and making them public creates that feedback loop effect where other people can modulate their behavior to try to manipulate those perceptions directly instead of just trying to present a particular image on the ground level, which makes me less confident about my own positions. I understand the problems inherent in playing aloof but I am generally hoping to choose "less helpful" over "actively unhelpful". Nevertheless, I will try to come up with ways to express things better without distorting my own vision of the game too much, hopefully.

I am not scum with Roden, or at all. Please do inspect me, though.

I would be willing to add a vote for LuckyOwl but I would like to hear from EuchreJack on whether it would... actually work first.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2022, 10:18:50 pm »

Toonyman offered to replace Luckyowl.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2022, 10:40:07 pm »

I was just about to say Vector sounded interested, but alrighty. Maybe if someone else needs replacing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12