Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Double Agent (Micro Mafia) (5 / 5): Vote Phase. Trouble In The Safehouse!  (Read 8957 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Double Agent (Micro Mafia) (5 / 5): Vote Phase. Trouble In The Safehouse!
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2022, 05:36:46 pm »

BUT WHY MAXIMUM SPIN
Well, I didn't notice that you removed your vote, so I thought that there would then be two votes on each of two people. Now I see that there is not, but, I still think my vote is in the right place.

THAT ANSWERS ABOUT 20% OF WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW

WHY IS BLUEARIANKNIGHT THE RATE PLACE TO PUT YOUR VOTE

Really?

REALLY WHAT
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2022, 05:40:48 pm »

BUT WHY MAXIMUM SPIN
Well, I didn't notice that you removed your vote, so I thought that there would then be two votes on each of two people. Now I see that there is not, but, I still think my vote is in the right place.

THAT ANSWERS ABOUT 20% OF WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW

WHY IS BLUEARIANKNIGHT THE RATE PLACE TO PUT YOUR VOTE

YOUR RATIONALE FOR VOTING IS VERY IMPORTANT SINCE I AM TRYING TO GET A READ OF WHO I THINK IS MORE LIKELY TO BE A SECRET AGENT BETWEEN YOU AND BLUEARIANKNIGHT

YOU NEED TO CONVINCE ME THAT YOU ARE GENUINELY LOOKING TO SOLVE THE GAME SINCE I AM NOT FULLY CONVINCED THAT YOU ARE
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2022, 06:12:07 pm »

@Max: You need to convince Jim to vote Bluarian.  I think it is most likely them or Knightwing64, so its best to cover them both.
I think you can do it (and I don't think you'll be able to convince Jim to vote Knightwing64), so I'm leaving it to you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2022, 06:15:53 pm »

(and I don't think you'll be able to convince Jim to vote Knightwing64)

THIS IS NOT TRUE

I AM EVALUATING KNIGHTWING64 AS WELL

@Max: You need to convince Jim to vote Bluarian.  I think it is most likely them or Knightwing64, so its best to cover them both.

I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR REASONS FOR THINKING IT IS BK AS WELL

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2022, 06:37:12 pm »

Well, it's pretty straightforward, honestly: I know it is not me, and I don't think it is you or EuchreJack.

Also I haven't been home a lot today, sorry about that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2022, 06:42:09 pm »

I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR REASONS FOR THINKING IT IS BK AS WELL
BK is always hard to read because she lurks.
However, she also knows that Knightwing lurks, so voting the other lurker instead of players she knows something about is suspicious.
I sorta think if BK was town, she would be voting Max.  Max was more suspicious at the time of BK's one-and-only substantial post.

I'm actually leaning more towards suspecting Max or BK rather than Knightwing or BK.  Knightwing is inexperienced, so I'd expect some play as scum that might out them as scum.  Rather than unhelpful townie stuff, which seems within their Town Range.

But we're playing Last Minute Catch-Up, so we're sorta stuck with votes where they are at.  Dunno if we'll be hearing from BK or Knightwing again to co-ordinate a Max+BK suppression.

@Max The Ninja: Thanks, mostly what you're seeing above. I actually feel a bit better about you.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2022, 08:00:59 pm »

I'm sorry, I had work today!

Anyhow, I'm actually quite certain who it is now..

Maximum Spin.

To give reason why;

BUT WHY MAXIMUM SPIN

No reason why, huh?

Well, I think I know why; It's because after Knight actually VOTED and put some work into the game, at least two people had you as their second pick.

Me, and Euchre.
Spoiler: Proof (click to show/hide)

Going on the assumption you are the double agent - Knight was the first option, but if that failed you'd be target. Voting for Knight was risky - bandwagoning, but hitting me with a vote would put me in a bad spot - if I voted you, as I planned after Knight proved themselves, that would make me look like I'm revenge-voting. (Which isn't gonna work, because IDGAF).

You don't have any good evidence to back up your claims, and your previous play so far in this game is complaining about townplay (a scum play, as complaining about your own townplay implies that you're town to anyone reading) and otherwise floating while everyone targets Knight, and once that ran out, hitting the person with the same amount of heat as yours.

I want an argument from your vote, Max.

BK, now that you have Knightwing64's vote, what do you think?
I actually put them under Euchre on my suspicion table - between them and you. So it's Max > Euchre > Knight > Jim. Mostly because they owned it, and I don't feel from what I've played with Knight, that scum!Knight would have done that - albeit, it's been a while, so I'm not 100% clearing them yet.

As well for any claims of me lurking - I lurk, yup. I've played like this before my hiatus before, but I'll try to keep up.

Questions;

Jim: What is your opinion of Knight's vote? What's cleared him for you?

(got more, just wanna post this before I waste another half hour on this post)
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2022, 08:22:44 pm »

See, I believe in Lynching All Liars.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2022, 10:46:46 pm »

I think I’m on to something.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2022, 10:57:20 pm »

See, I believe in Lynching All Liars.
... What?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2022, 11:27:46 pm »

Well, it's pretty straightforward, honestly: I know it is not me, and I don't think it is you or EuchreJack.

Also I haven't been home a lot today, sorry about that.

THIS IS REASONING I UNDERSTAND

BK's rationale for voting Maximum Spin

THIS REASONING FEELS PRETTY FISHY HONESTLY

BK IS THE ONLY PLAYER SUGGESTING ANY PLAYER IS PLAYING DUPLICITOUSLY IN THIS GAME AS A JUSTIFICATION FOR A VOTE WHICH IS A DIFFERENT STRATEGY THAN WHAT AT LEAST THREE PLAYERS ARE GOING FOR IN THIS GAME

HE'S ALSO ACCUSING MAXIMUM SPIN OF BEING DUPLICITOUS WHICH DOESN'T JIVE WITH THE RELATIVELY LOW EFFORT GAME MAXIMUM SPIN IS PLAYING

I AM GOING TO VOTE FOR BLUEARIANKNIGHT BECAUSE OF THE PLAYERS PRESENT I FEEL LEAST CONFIDENT IN SAYING THEY ARE A SECRET AGENT

Jim: What is your opinion of Knight's vote? What's cleared him for you?

(got more, just wanna post this before I waste another half hour on this post)

HES NOT CLEARED

THE RANKING IS

JIM GROOVESTER
EUCHREJACK
MAXIMUM SPIN/KNIGHTWING64
BLUEARIANKNIGHT

MAN I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A VOTECOUNT AND HOW MUCH TIME WE HAVE REMAINING IN THE GAME

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2022, 11:46:44 pm »

Low effort IS NOT THE SAME AS LURKING.

Please stop screaming.

I'm going to toss that; Max is playing REALLY fucking scummy. My point isn't 'Max is scum and this is why', it was 'this feels like scummy behavior and here's why'. I never said he was playing a masterplan - moreso he's doing really stupid fucking scumplays to keep back. He's LURKING and AVOIDING ADDING TO THE CONVERSATION.

That's why my vote is on them - same reason I previously was on Knight, and that's that they're inherently giving NOTHING to the town team. They are floating, and to me, in this one-day game, that feels like a scumplay.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2022, 12:16:35 am »

HE'S ALSO ACCUSING MAXIMUM SPIN OF BEING DUPLICITOUS WHICH DOESN'T JIVE WITH THE RELATIVELY LOW EFFORT GAME MAXIMUM SPIN IS PLAYING
He's LURKING and AVOIDING ADDING TO THE CONVERSATION.

To be clear, I just haven't been here much, and on top of that, everyone is being kind of weird - I mean look at Jim - and not much is happening, and, uh, well, I already think my vote is in the right place, so there's not that much to do. Obviously if I thought there was a serious danger of losing I would be pushing harder, but things seem to be going okay so far? Since there's only one day anyway, I have exactly zero incentive to try to convince BK not to vote me.

Low effort I will cop to, but the truth is I just don't see that further effort is needed right now. I'm on board with the "two votes on two people" strategy and my top choices are covered. It's true that getting only one chance kind of sucks because I still consider it highly plausible that Jim or Jack could be successfully covering, but it is what it is, I have to go with what seems best.

Oh wait, I just noticed that BK moved off of Knightwing and therefore broke the strategy. Damn it. Jim is 100% right about VOTE COUNTS.
... Hey Knightwing, vote for yourself, please?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2022, 12:25:43 am »

Damn it. Jim is 100% right about VOTE COUNTS.

THERE'S A REASON WHY I AM SCREAMING IN THIS GAME

YEAH THERES LIKE TWENTY MINUTES LEFT IN THE DAY

IF THE MODERATOR WOULD SHOW UP

Please stop screaming.

NO

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2022, 12:27:50 am »

THERE'S A REASON WHY I AM SCREAMING IN THIS GAME
YOU HAVE CONVINCED ME.

SCREAM IS LIFE.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6