Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of, Exiled!  (Read 1515 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From an age undreamed of, Exiled!
« on: January 31, 2022, 07:01:33 pm »

From an age undreamed of, Wxiled.

In the time between the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of of Roman, there was an age undreamed of, A time when the steel hand made emperors!
An age when the axe ruled And kings where born by the the blooded sword in hand.
It was a sword age, a time when the sword in hand rules fate with an iron will.
And this came one that shall tell you of..

It all happened so fast, one day you where a top the walls of Raven-port with your feather,  he was so tall an strong,  out looking over the army of Blackwood, he was unbeatable.
Such is the folly of youth, that you could swear he would fight them all back single handed.
But such are a child's dreams , one's parents are like gods, your Farther a giant of muscle an knowledge, Mother an angle here to fix every cut an scrape away with a kiss.

It was so fast in a blink of an eye the flaming skull banners of the warlord Blackwood where at the walls, that ended your youth, no more was your feather as in minutes you see the walls swarmed by the warlords troops.
The town dell next as in panic filled minute you ran to the docks.
The dock's was your agreed meeting place, perhaps you waited a moment to long but soon you found your self on a boat drafting away from home.

Now as the swift oars pull you an the boat out into the free open water, you swear revenge on the warlord Blackwood.

As dawn breaks the captain make it clear to you and the crowed mass of refugees that he can not keep you aboard, the port of Zateixo will be your new start in life.

You are X, a 14 year old Male/ Female child and you are...
You look for a job as ..
Spoiler: Your name an details (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of, Exiled!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 12:53:49 am »

Name: Velek
Descriptor: A scrawny boy with a tall frame. Reddish mop of hair, and the tiniest wisp of a moustache.
Bio: None yet
Skills: none
Gear: none

We look for a job as a dock worker
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 01:37:31 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 01:24:16 am »

Descriptor: A scrawny boy with a tall frame. Reddish mop of hair, and the tiniest wisp of a moustache.

We look for a job as a lumberjack and wood hauler.
+1 to the character, but I suggest we look for a job as a dock worker, being in a port city!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 01:37:12 am »

Yeah, Dock Worker's a better idea, I'll change my answer.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 04:35:15 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 10:27:19 am »

+1
+1 to the character, but we look for a job as a soldier.  should give us some useful skills. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 11:26:38 am »

+1

Alone in a new city, your lost for a while until you find work on the docks.
It's a hard life up at dawn with your dock hook in hand to do a long day of moveing cargo, sacks, lumber barrels and crates what ever it is you have to move it up from the cobbles and down to the hold or back.

But for six months that's your job, hard work that packs muscle on to your chest and arms.
It's early winter when things take a turn for the worse, the autumn harvest has been poor and with less good to be moved some one has to go, its last in first out for dock workers.

So you sit in the tavern hoping that your wispy stubble will convince the bar maids that your old enough for strong ale.
The fat purse on your hip makes the change not a bad as it could be, the long hours of hard work did pay well and you save like squirrel.

And you have options now,
A part of you considers going in to tradeing, you know what cargo goes wear, you could become a merchant.
The temples are flush with cash, you recall unloading the gold and statues, maybe you could some wealth there.

As you sit thinking over your drink, a pretty blonde sits down across from you, A pretty blonde in scale armour.

"You look strong hansom, how about it? man's life in the army. what do you say?"
She points to the captain giving a speech and promising you a life of beer,  sun, beef and freedom from wife's and creditors. 
--------------

You become a:
1) Trader
2) Priest?
3) Army?
4) Crime?

Purchases

As you've earned some money you can now make some purchases.
I don't care to track every penny or every item you own, nor am i keen on writing out massive lists for you to shop from.
If its reasonable you can have it.
All items are 1 Money, you can spend extra money to get fancy or better quality.
Note that it works on dice rolls an how rare or obscure the item is I.E. a Sword is pretty much guaranteed but a fine steel sword with a gold wire wrapped handle is not

Spare time skills

You've had a while of spare time an so you can have been using it to develop a single new skill.
Like equipment purchases i'm not a fan of big lists and like to keep thing general.

Velek is now 15.
Velek got stronger.

Spoiler: Velek (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 12:12:15 pm »

Army!
... they'll probably make us buy our own gear if we want something more than a sharp stick, so I'd advise seeing what if anything they give us then use funds to make sure we at least have metal armor.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 12:26:11 pm »

Army!
... they'll probably make us buy our own gear if we want something more than a sharp stick, so I'd advise seeing what if anything they give us then use funds to make sure we at least have metal armor.
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 05:37:21 pm »

Army!
+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 05:39:06 pm »

Become a preaching merchant-soldier.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 05:02:38 am »

Become a preaching merchant-soldier.
+1 We are a man of many talents!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 09:35:47 pm »

Army!
+1

+1

"Yes for the King! the King!", a night of singing and much drinking follows.

You awake in the forges of Vexthar the lighting god, hearing him work the anvil or maybe its just your head, you blink and the brightness dims from in side the sun to just the sun in your eyes.
Your not dead, you just feel like it, fighting back swimming wave that moves the world, curse the drummer and up right you stagger in the courtyard.

There's a dozen other hungover looking men all looking equally dreadful and you recognize some of them.

"Ah i see your up for breakfast, here get some food in you." The captain smiles at you, he's a short and wide shouldered man.
"Thank you captain.. ug" your stuck to recall much of last night an details like his name are totally lost.
"Thord, Captain Thord to you, Now eat up soldier."

There no yelling or even a physical test, your just handed a spear an shield like the rest before you set off marching.
The march is long 4 leagues a day with training at noon before lunch.
And the next day is just like that, up at dawn, cook and eat then walk until the noon training followed by more walking.

Such is army life, no pretty girls but simon's hairy backside trumping away in cold tent, no battles but weeks of walking and shoveing dirt.

That is until you hear the out rideing scouts return and shout that an enemy camp is near...
-----------
In the comeing battle you aim to:

A) Fight heroicly with out care for your self.
B) Fight normaly
C) Hold back in the fight an focus on staying safe
D) Avoid the battle by any means

Velek is now 15 an 3 months.
Velek has gained basic fighting skill.
Velek has 2 free choice skills.
Velek has gained 1 Money.

Your purse is getting full and the sirens call of booze, song as easy women starts, if you don't spend money soon your waste it.

Spoiler: Velek (click to show/hide)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 10:07:03 pm »

Given only a spear and shield he should buy some leather armor and a helmet.  If the army isn't giving those out to rank and file.

B) Fight normally, no need to be reckless

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 02:45:31 am »

Given only a spear and shield he should buy some leather armor and a helmet.  If the army isn't giving those out to rank and file.

B) Fight normally, no need to be reckless
+1
Pages: [1] 2