Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)  (Read 26127 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)
« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2022, 12:58:45 am »

"The Xenos are to settle this immediately, through an honorable rifle duel."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 08, 2022, 01:00:58 am »

Tell them they have "three of [their] Earth days" to decide. Do not inform them of any details about what Earth or days or Earth days mean. Then return and demand a response in about nine hours.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 08, 2022, 01:39:54 am »

They may have one day.
...actually how long is the day/night cycle for their planet? I'm intending approximately 1 earth-day, but if the length of a day for them is dramatically outside that area, just modify it to something closer.
(Their day/night cycle is almost exactly half that of Terra, at six-hour days and nights of the same for an even twelve hours. One full Terran day would be equivalent to two of theirs.)
Two days, then.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 08, 2022, 04:16:25 am »

Just give them one day.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 08, 2022, 05:31:15 am »

+1 to the concept at least, but maybe have our psyker try to send a psychic message to the one with the auto gun saying something along the lines of we prefer to deal with the strong and right now you have the tool to prove your strength.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 08, 2022, 07:30:19 am »

They may have one day.
...actually how long is the day/night cycle for their planet? I'm intending approximately 1 earth-day, but if the length of a day for them is dramatically outside that area, just modify it to something closer.
(Their day/night cycle is almost exactly half that of Terra, at six-hour days and nights of the same for an even twelve hours. One full Terran day would be equivalent to two of theirs.)
Two days, then.
+1, though honestly I'd be okay with giving them a lot more time since this IS rather huge and we're not exactly in a hurry.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2022, 09:26:51 am »

+1 long arms only.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 08, 2022, 11:52:27 am »

They may have one day.
Two days, then.
+1, though honestly I'd be okay with giving them a lot more time since this IS rather huge and we're not exactly in a hurry.

+1

But I would also give them more time. I imagine it’s hard to decide the fate of your civilization.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 08, 2022, 11:58:54 am »

Time is a resource not to be wasted on Xenos.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2022, 12:12:10 pm »

They may have one day.
Two days, then.

+1

But I would also give them more time. I imagine it’s hard to decide the fate of your civilization.
I don't know, ten days? A month 30 days, 60 days? I came up with this late at night after multiple days of not getting enough sleep.
What do you guys think would be an appropriate amount of time to give them?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2022, 12:25:19 pm »

I would say a week is good. Long enough to deliberate, but also not stall things out. Let them know that they also have to collect tribute for us while they decide. Meanwhile we continue to collect information and potentially identify holdouts/resistance.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2022, 12:33:03 pm »

Tube, do the aliens have some time structure equivalent in purpose to a week?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2022, 12:33:37 pm »

Giving them time has the potential for unforeseen consequences. This is a matter of disagreement, and they are a nuclear civilization, and warships over their heads turns up the pressure. We don't want to let them make the decision in a manner which results in them blowing themselves up.

Rifles. Duel.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2022, 12:38:59 pm »

Giving them time has the potential for unforeseen consequences. This is a matter of disagreement, and they are a nuclear civilization, and warships over their heads turns up the pressure. We don't want to let them make the decision in a manner which results in them blowing themselves up.

Rifles. Duel.

I would say having them to settle any disagreement by forcing them to shoot each other could also have unforeseen consequences.

We laid out the terms, let them settle it however they wish.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2022, 12:53:52 pm »

Tube, do the aliens have some time structure equivalent in purpose to a week?
(You know almost nothing about their internal structure, outside of a deferrence to authority figures and what appears to be extensive militarisation. The Prognosticator was focused on the language and can only pull so much knowledge at one time.)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34