Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)  (Read 26226 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2022, 12:21:02 am »

I say that the thread as a whole is from the Chapter Master's perspective, and that for RP purposes, players can portray themselves as high-ranking Astartes with the CM's ear.
+1

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2022, 12:50:15 am »

I say that the thread as a whole is from the Chapter Master's perspective, and that for RP purposes, players can portray themselves as high-ranking Astartes with the CM's ear.
+1
+1 to this
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2022, 03:52:05 am »

+1
+1 to this
+1 to this

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2022, 07:29:23 am »

+1
+1 to this
+1 to this
+1 To this
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2022, 02:07:08 pm »

+1
+1 to this
+1 to this
+1 To this
+2 to hit.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2022, 02:29:14 pm »

+1
What did we spend all this time creating a chapter and a sector to play in if we weren't going to be in control of it all?
+1
+1 to this
+1 to this
+1 To this

You are The Chapter Master of The Watchtower and it is on your shoulders that the hope for The Watchtower rests.

You are seated at the highest point of the first Battle Barge's bridge. You had it requisitioned in the days after you reached your standing.

It is befitting your position, much of it overlaid with gold and the rest, the finest material the petty empire can muster. The Chapter Master is Greedy and has a much easier time finding Resources, both sniffing out loot and extracting it in tithes.

It is as spartan as you can get away with, and still, part of you is uncomfortable with the heightened elevation. The Chapter Master is Ascetic and has an stronger than average will, better able to rebuff the witch and deny the desires of the body and mind.

It is a chair, irrelevant, far more interesting is the marvel of machinery you have at your beck and call. The Chapter Master is a Heretek of the highest degree, perhaps the finest in the Chapter, able to twist and defile sacred technology to meet his whims.

You remember how you filled the power vacuum your predecessor left, mere weeks ago.

Trial by Combat: You regret that you had to slay your own brothers but they weren't willing to respect the dead Chapter Master's wishes and would've torn the Chapter apart in their ambition. You recall how easy it was, their movements slow, their strikes weak. The Chapter Master is a Grandmaster of Martial Combat, even deadlier in battle than he otherwise would be.

Raw Oratory: You remember how directionless the Chapter was in the aftermath, scrambling, desperate to find a worthy leader. You took charge with effortless authority and some had their doubts, but you soon convinced them of your merits. The Chapter Master has a Silver Tongue and is able to exert diplomatic leverage, persuasive or not, that few can match.

Chosen by Prophecy: You and the other Revered Astartes met in a shadowed room as the circle of Prognosticators called on omens and peered deep into the veil. Their decision was unanimous and you were declared the successor, to hushed applause. The Chapter Master is Touched by Fate but the true meaning of this, none but the Prognosticators can be sure of yet.

No matter how you were selected, that was in the past, and you must turn your attention to the future...

You're still getting used to this level of control over your peers, but the most notable benefit so far has been your unrestricted access to the Chapter's armoury.

What's your current loadout? Anything reasonably in the Chapter's possession is on the table. This includes all variants of Astartes power armour, (Artificer Armour excepted) weapons both melee and ranged, and any tertiary equipment you might find useful.

You also have a name. What is it?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 03:19:42 pm by Tube Wizard »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2022, 02:43:49 pm »

No preference for name. Heretek chosen by prophesy, boltyrifle obviously with a side of power sword and whatever the biggest, heaviest, slowest armor is

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2022, 02:56:51 pm »

Touched by Fate Hetetek.

Master Crafted Venerable Bolt Rifle. Standard pattern, but heretically modified power armor.
(Specifically, modified in subtle and hidden ways which we can bring out as an advantage at the moment we need it.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 03:44:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2022, 02:59:26 pm »

Talnior, Chapter Master of the Watchtower, is a Heretek with a Silver Tongue (no, not literally, although such would not be entirely out of the question).
The nature of Talnior's equipment is not, in fact, particularly divergent from that of the everyday Battle-Brother - Astartes-grade power armor and a bolt rifle fitted with a bayonet. However, it is the modifications he has made that set his equipment apart: the servos of his armor have been tuned up to permit significantly faster movement and reactions despite the significantly-thickened plating, and two Forge Bolters have been mounted on it for additional fire rates, while his personal bolt rifle - the Eye of Death - has been enlarged and reworked to allow for a higher rate of fire with larger ammunition as well as an increased effective range. Additionally, to serve his heretekal ways, Talnior is equipped with numerous servo-arms, with a toolbox/arsenal second only to the Master of the Forge's servo-harness.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2022, 03:05:03 pm »

Talnior, Chapter Master of the Watchtower, is a Heretek Chosen by Prophesy (yes, literally).
The nature of Talnior's equipment is not, in fact, particularly divergent from that of the everyday Battle-Brother - Astartes-grade power armor and a bolt rifle fitted with a bayonet. However, it is the modifications he has made that set his equipment apart: the servos of his armor have been tuned up to permit significantly faster movement and reactions despite the significantly-thickened plating, and two Forge Bolters have been mounted on it for additional fire rates, while his personal bolt rifle - the Eye of Death - has been enlarged and reworked to allow for a higher rate of fire with larger ammunition as well as an increased effective range. Additionally, to serve his heretekal ways, Talnior is equipped with numerous servo-arms, with a toolbox/arsenal second only to the Master of the Forge's servo-harness.

I like what glass has except for the one thing.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2022, 03:11:54 pm »

Touched by Fate Hetetek.

Master Crafted Venerable Bolt Rifle. Standard pattern, but heretically modified power armor.

+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2022, 03:20:26 pm »

TbF Ascetic
I don't know enough about Space Marine equipment to have an opinion on this but +1 to Egan_BW's much less wordy equipment set.

Name: Sanctificus, nicknamed "Santa".

All elements of this (my own specific) vote should be treated as severable, not as a package.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 03:46:57 pm by Maximum Spin »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2022, 03:24:54 pm »

I disagree because then it's more confusing, more for tube to have to sort through, and doing it together gives people a better fuller image of what's being picked over.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2022, 04:21:28 pm »

Midas touched with a silver tongue 😛

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2022, 05:31:03 pm »

Midas touched with a silver tongue 😛
Wouldn't that be with a heart of Gold?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34