Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 30423 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2022, 06:42:24 pm »

▼▼▼▼▼

The game warden is laughing with the aristocrats over the hilarity of taking on these powerful animals unarmed. An elf asks if they really meant to. The game warden shrugs and admits he heard there was a delivery of training weapons coming later. "The wood weapons, without training, are no more effective than unarmed combat. There is maybe some..."

Scintilla puffs up her cheeks and puts a finger on the warden's chest. "My comment isn't just about the swords; it's about the broad game design.  You've chosen to design a difficult game where the players are a notable disadvantage, with a lot of penalties and problems to deal with.  The statement that the swords are functionally useless, as well as the apparent fact that there were apparently no good options for fights to take, pushed that over the line from "hard game" to "brutal game."  Your..." The announcer stops relaying the action. The tall elf woman turns to the bellyaching child and says "SILENCE."

"Brutal? I know you participated in those ER games, where many go to die. Your bargain-bin 'gladiators' have no reputation, and nobody cares. So what, if we traded lions for raptors, and we improved the landscaping? These games are the same as they were over 1000 years ago.  These are Roman Bloodsports, shut your tiresome mouth...CHILD."

--

(North Jungle)
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ )
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- -- -- -- )

(West Jungle) ,,,Central Meadow,,, (East Jungle)
( -- -- -- -- -- ) -- -- -- -- -- ( -- -- -- -- -- )
( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ ) ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ )
( -- -- -- -- -- ) -- PV GK -- -- ( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- -- -- -- ) -- BK OW -- -- ( -- -- -- -- -- )

(South Jungle)
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- R1 -- -- )
( ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ )
( -- -- ND -- -- )
( -- -- SB -- -- )

--

It begins to rain, obscuring the crowd's view from the watchtower. The wind picks up and the slick jungle leaves beat against each other. Under the canopy it is dry. Scrambles is running around, keeping distant. The raptor lunges, but The Grand Vizier of Horripilation, Nyarlathotep von Dracula steps forward.

Scintilla's assistant puts a hand on her shoulder. "Remember, remember what happened when you got attached, listen to your father..." Scintilla growls, and pulls away. She begins racing around the balcony, shouting orders at her gladiators. "Go south!  Everyone pile on the raptor, hold it down and kill it with the knife!  And be quieter!" Below the tower, Grindak and The Peregrinate Pontiff, Poltroon Vastan race over to the knife. Grindak hands it over to the old dwarf. The quiet elf begins tying the plant fibers they gathered into a rope, and tying up the large stone. He lifts it, then throws it out, and begins spinning, trying out the makeshift flail. Ohwell finds a chipped stick that might work as a shiv. The audience is impressed.

♥♥ Grindak is very generous, and the flail is quite clever!
♥ Ohwell's stick might do the trick!
♥ Vastan has the knife, will the old man know what to do with it?

The gremlin shoulder tackles the heavy beast mid-flight, and it topples to the dirt, but is quick to begin lining itself up for another attack, now on Dracula. Scrambles uses the opportunity to dart in---hoping to land a punch, but the raptor's knife filled mouth opens like a trap, and the dancing elf backs off.

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Injuries (click to show/hide)

Gladiator Manager

(I've decided 'shouting in the opposite direction' wont work, you need to shout in the direction of your gladiators to be heard, which you commit to when you speak to them. If this is unsatisfactory you can debate the science or fairness in PM.)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Gladiators

Gladiator Reputation
The Jungle Hunt crowd likes strategy and cooperation. When your actions succeed to impress your gladiator will gain a '♥' (reputation point). As reputation increases, the audience will be more motivated to see that you are spared. At 50 reputation, a famous gladiator that impresses the Emperor will earn their freedom. Retired gladiators can become a bodyguard for the gladiator manager, become a rival manager appearing in the story and possibly taking over if the current one leaves/dies, or continue fighting as an Elite. If you have other ideas for your retired character, we can plan something together in PM. You can also start over as any animal or restricted race you've seen in the story.

You'll need to be where there is no obstacles or obstructions to get the crowd's attention and praise.

(The next update will come in 4 days.)

The hunt continues!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:58:21 pm by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2022, 07:12:41 pm »

head south and attack R1 with flail
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2022, 03:22:38 am »

Run south and attack the raptor with the knife by stabbing it in the neck!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2022, 07:22:06 am »

Continue blocking but trying to keep the raptor's attention.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2022, 03:04:45 pm »

Jump on its back and gouge out its eyes! Hehe!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2022, 04:41:31 am »

((In this world it's something called Emperor's Roulette. 50 rookie gladiators take on a team of elite gladiators....))
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2022, 08:50:08 am »

Follow the others south and help kill the raptor, flanking it from an unexpected angle and jabbing my stick wherever I can hopefully without being counterattacked.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2022, 02:28:47 pm »

You've all for the most part been really good sports with this experiment. Hosting this ongoing game just doesn't feel like a priority right now. I took over a year off from burnout, and as much progress as I've made in pushing through and completing games more often as long as theirs interest, for now this project has me beat. I like this game, I just do not have it in me, for now. I can't do it right now, and I need to not try to force it or I didn't learn from my past mistakes. I am very greatful to everyone going along with my changing rules and quixotic antics. I'm not calling this dead, but I also cannot promise it will continue.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2022, 08:34:45 am »

well, Darn. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2022, 09:34:55 am »

well, Darn.

:(

Alright, let's get to the end of this battle atleast before pausing!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2022, 09:40:20 am »

▼▼▼▼▼

The gremlin shouts at the horror, but it already has the thing's attention. It screams and Dracula puts up both arms to block. Sickle shaped claws dig deep, but before blades of teeth can rake their face, the creature moves away from the approaching elf. Dracula is in shock, but terrific, hot, red, extreme pain catches up with him. A holler escapes the forest as birds fly away.

At the watchtower, the announcer struggles to make out what is happening through the trees and rain. Scintilla's knuckles are white, as she clenches the railing.

Looking down, Scrambles sees his companion's right arm is heavily bleeding. He looks back to see the raptor ducking repeatedly as if...mocking. From the leaves a second joins by its' side. It's covered in scar tissue, and it has a dead white eye and a bit of a hindering limp.

--

(North Jungle)
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ )
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- -- -- -- )

(West Jungle) ,,,Central Meadow,,, (East Jungle)
( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ ) ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ )
( -- -- -- -- -- ) -- -- BK -- -- ( -- -- -- -- -- )

(South Jungle)
( -- -- R2 -- -- )
( -- -- R1 -- -- )
( ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ )
( PV GK SB OW -- )
( -- -- ND -- -- )

ND {Heavy Bleeding, LA Pain, RA Extreme Pain}

As they both tip toe in for the kill, to everyone's side, the others, arrive.

The old dwarf holds up his dagger. The quiet elf throws out his flail, and the raptors leap back a space, before Grindak pulls it back but keeps it spinning. The young lad, Ohwell join beside the others aswell.

Scrambles and the others step infront of their injured ally; the raptors bolt forward and suddenly split! One goes after Nyarlathotep, the other after Ohwell!

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Injuries (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Manager Resources (click to show/hide)

Gladiator Manager

Bench
One of your gladiators has sustained heavy bleeding. If the others bring him to the tower, away from the fight, you can have them removed to recover. A benched gladiator cannot return to a fight once they've left, and will lose half the reputation gained from the battle. They can refuse, but can be forced by the other gladiators if overpowered.

Gladiators

Injury Tokens
If you succeed a Survival Roll to your head or torso, or you are instead attacked on a limb, you may still suffer a painful and/or bleeding wound.
- Pain: Pain tokens accumulate on each body part separately. There is 2 stages: Pain, and Extreme Pain. Actions relating to the relevant body part will have -1 to rolls for Pain, and -2 for Extreme Pain.
- Bleeding: Bleeding tokens accumulate for the whole body. There is 3 stages, Bleeding, Heavy Bleeding, and Super Heavy Bleeding, and then death. Once you obtain heavy bleeding every turn you have with that token you will get 1 roll to see if it kills you or not!! Then 2 rolls for Super Heavy Bleeding.

(These tokens are from Immortal's Game, the first Bay 12 RTD.)

The hunt continues!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:07:58 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2022, 05:38:56 am »

Run at the raptor that's going after the injured guy and jump on it and start stabbing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2022, 05:23:08 pm »

WHACK r1 with flail. 

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18