Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11837 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2022, 01:42:12 am »

Lleras walks over to the remaining survivors, whom he judges not to be a threat at this point. "Greetings. Would you be willing to shed some light on what happened here? Is there anything in particular I can do to help you? I mean you no further harm, and as an archmage and theurge, I feel some responsibility for making amends for the excesses of my order."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2022, 11:11:39 am »

Lleras walks over to the remaining survivors, whom he judges not to be a threat at this point. "Greetings. Would you be willing to shed some light on what happened here? Is there anything in particular I can do to help you? I mean you no further harm, and as an archmage and theurge, I feel some responsibility for making amends for the excesses of my order."

The pair of survivors, still geared in their tattered legionary armor, glare at Lleras, but fear rules them still. The one on the right, horns sprouting in a twisted fashion above his head, spits out a globule of black blood.

“We were cursed, by mages like you! And we aren’t the worst off either, Hagor is still down there, and he won’t die.”

He draws in a shuddering breath, pocketmarked face utterly normal except for the horns and too vivid eyes.

The other of the pair, her left arm ending in a carapace just stares at the Godbound warily. She doesn’t blink.

The former legionary resumed.

“We tried leaving, tried seeking help. The shadows laughed at us, told us we would die if we left. And it’s true, the world is just so . . . Grey outside the walls. I grew weak after a few minutes outside. And no one came for us . . .”

He seems to withdraw into himself after saying this.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2022, 09:28:39 pm »

The Dream
"Rilfar has found powerful friends. We'll look after him. Although I'm not sure he needs us to, he's quite resilient now."
Walks-In-Shadow's voice is the last thing to fade as the dream ends. "Take care of the people Thane. Help is on the way."

The Glen
Walks-In-Shadow sends a shard past the Dreadlord as it charges Tiros.
(Miss the Dreadlord, 0 fray damage.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2022, 01:03:59 am »

"I see. We'll do our best to help this Hagor and the rest of your comrades. On behalf of my fellow mages, I must apologize and give you this blessing, that for any of you in Falkreath Hold who call on our young order in good faith, plain fire's light will sate you in place of the corrupted magicka of this place at least until we find a more lasting solution: AV LATTA MOLAG, MAGICKA. AV MOLAG, ANYAMMIS."

Lleras weaves an exception into the survivors' condition such that they can subsist on fire instead of the strange energies of the Fort. (1 Influence committed)

"I can't ask you to come and help us, and if you'd rather exercise your new freedom, I'll understand; our camp is by the village of Bears Falls. Of course, I--we intend to undo what happened deeper in the Fort, and any further help would be appreciated."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2022, 01:28:58 am »

Darkness
We should take a moment. But I really want to kill that shadow now.

As the evil wizard talks with the survivors, Tiros invites himself into the conversation.

Uh... how far out of this place have you tried going? I'm a little tapped right now, but if even one of you can spend some time outside this awful Padomaic aura I am certain that, between us, we can help you. It's going to have to wait until our whole party is back together and recovered, though - but you've been like this for long enough that I hope another day doesn't mean too much to you? Our abilities are extensive and worth the wait.

Oh never mind, I guess he's just going to... do that. Okay, well, we'll get you more properly fixed up later, as I said.

Death
The Deathlord turned? After doing a thing like that? Unacceptable.
Tiros drew his bow (not the other bow) and shot the stupid skeptical zombie from the back. [to-hit before AC: 16; damage roll: 7]
[Fray roll: 8! See, that's more like it.]

Spoiler: Tiros (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2022, 07:30:46 pm »

Girtek will fire their crossbow into the small mob of Draugr Scourges, dealing 2 damage, while peppering the draugr mob with darts made from the nearby foliage, dealing 2 damage to them; their large mob of wolves will engage the equivalent force of standard draugr, and their small mob of bears will attempt to Overwhelm the Deathlord.
(I don’t have access to the book right now, so somebody else please roll my animals.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 11:38:49 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2022, 11:26:32 pm »

Well, it was a worthwhile attempt. I (try to) hit the Deathlord over the head with an axe, then stop back and let the bears do their mauling thing. (1d20 + 6 + 3 = 16, curse you, Deathlord AC. Fray die 1d8 = 7 > 2 damage to the Draugr mob).

Well....that didn't work so great.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2022, 10:41:07 pm »

Tiros draws back an arrow, the motion smooth and effortlessly letting the arrow fly. It skims across the back of the Deathlord’s armor, but the arrow flies true and pierces through the eye socket of one draugr and then the rest of its skull before becoming lodged in the forehead of another of the mummified warriors. Deals 2 damage to Draugr.

Girtek loads and loses the crossbow steadily, the atronach calm as he directs the animals he controls into battle. The bolt flies deep into the armored chest of a scourge, sending it stumbling back. While Girtek reloads the crossbow, with a gesture and a bit of will  assembles darts that fly from the surrounding ferns of the grove, peppering the company of draugr and sending several stumbling. 2 Damage to Scourges, 2 damage to Draugr.

The beasts now begin their offensive, the wolves charging in from the flanks while the bears charge directly in. The undead force stumbles before the might of the charge, with the bears tearing into their front lines. Shields and spears are brushed aside in a tangle of fur and fang, as swipes of heavy paws breaking bones and living corpses.
6 Damage to Scourges and Draugr.

Even their Deathlord is overwhelmed by the onslaught. It is overwhelmed by multiple bears leaping atop him, crushing the powerful draugr beneath their weight,  but with a roar the Deathlord throws them off, and catches a blow with its desiccated hand. 2 damage from second attack, 2 damage from overwhelm to Deathlord.

Rilfar takes advantage of the opening to strike the Deathlord down with his axe, but the blow is parried by the Deathlord’s sword. Rilfar’s roar, however, does crush a couple of Draugr. 2 Damage to Draugr mob.

The company of draugr are too hard pressed to make an effective attack against their foes, their strikes easily blocked or evaded.

The Scourges fare a little better, pairing up to engage each Godbound visible. Their blows draw a blood, and a wolf is slain. One bear is angered as it is slashed across the chest. 1 Damage to Tiros, Girtek, and Rilfar. 1 damage to wolves (23/24) and bears (17/18)

The Deathlord, feeling the tide turn against its forces, Shouts with the anger of the long dead against its foes.”FUS. RO.” The shout ripples out, tossing a chunk of bears and wolves through the air and crashing against iron-hard trees and crumbling stone walls. Few are able to get back on their feet. Girtek merely bows his head, letting the Shout wash over him. Tiros thinks it would be fortunate if the Shout did not affect him, and it does not. 8 damage to Wolves (15/24) and Bears (9/18) 

Rilfar, of course, finds that the Shout has no purchase on him, the words stilling around his body. The Deathlord roars and attacks with his greatsword, empowered by its hatred and strikes true, deep into the Godbound’s side. 4 damage to Rilfar.

The undead and the beasts will keep fighting until one side is dead, or directed away. The scourges and lesser draugr have lost a little less than half of their number.

What do you do?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 10:46:05 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2022, 10:29:05 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow had never been in a battle this large and it almost overwhelmed his new senses. It was disturbing not to feel a heartbeat from the draugr, but the blood rushing through the veins of his companions and the animals was invigorating. Gathering that power he threw it forward in a great wave crashing over the undead.
(Reclaiming the effort from Secrets of the Deep to cast Tsunami Hand as a miracle. I'll limit the effects to only the undead. 2 damage to the Dreadlord and 6 to both mobs. Plus 2 fray damage to the draugr mob.)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2022, 12:16:11 am »

"I see. We'll do our best to help this Hagor and the rest of your comrades. On behalf of my fellow mages, I must apologize and give you this blessing, that for any of you in Falkreath Hold who call on our young order in good faith, plain fire's light will sate you in place of the corrupted magicka of this place at least until we find a more lasting solution: AV LATTA MOLAG, MAGICKA. AV MOLAG, ANYAMMIS."

Lleras weaves an exception into the survivors' condition such that they can subsist on fire instead of the strange energies of the Fort. (1 Influence committed)

"I can't ask you to come and help us, and if you'd rather exercise your new freedom, I'll understand; our camp is by the village of Bears Falls. Of course, I--we intend to undo what happened deeper in the Fort, and any further help would be appreciated."

Darkness
We should take a moment. But I really want to kill that shadow now.

As the evil wizard talks with the survivors, Tiros invites himself into the conversation.

Uh... how far out of this place have you tried going? I'm a little tapped right now, but if even one of you can spend some time outside this awful Padomaic aura I am certain that, between us, we can help you. It's going to have to wait until our whole party is back together and recovered, though - but you've been like this for long enough that I hope another day doesn't mean too much to you? Our abilities are extensive and worth the wait.

Oh never mind, I guess he's just going to... do that. Okay, well, we'll get you more properly fixed up later, as I said.

Lleras and Tiros can see the two survivors flinch as a subtle wave of power emanates from the Lord of Fire. The horned man eye's light up with hope.
"You can free us of this curse? Yes, yes I will do anything! You have my oath!"

The unblinking woman is warier, but she joins in, her voice rough with disuse.
"You have my oath as well."

The two stare at each other, watching for any discernable difference.

Lleras and Tiros are able to discern, however, two changes come over the pair. First is a bond, a faint near invisible ribbon of fire and magicka connecting dark elf and the two survivors, marking them as the first disciples of Lleras.

Secondly, they sense a small void at their center, shift to subsist off of Fire itself, rather than the negative Padomatic energy of this place. Around Lleras they would be fine, drawing from an inexhaustible divine blaze, but away from his presence they would need to be close to a blazing bonfire to remain healthy, though torches would give enough energy to keep them alive.

The two fresh worshippers of Lleras shiver.  The woman smiles, "By the Nine, I can't feel the cold anymore. Iliras, I think he did it."

She turns to the two Godbound, "We would take you to Hagor. If anyone deserves help, its him. He helped seal the . . . gate the Shadows came from, so they hate him."

She does look nervous as she says this. "The Shadows won't like it, but he's been through so much. . . Will you help him?"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2022, 08:32:04 pm »

I take the attack as a personal affront. Hit him again, but, like, successfully this time? The bears should Defy The Iron on that 8-damage attack. And nope, the attack fails. Whatever, he's going down anyway.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2022, 10:32:09 pm »

I take the attack as a personal affront. Hit him again, but, like, successfully this time? The bears should Defy The Iron on that 8-damage attack. And nope, the attack fails. Whatever, he's going down anyway.

For the record, I tried too.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2022, 11:21:49 pm »

Girtek shoots the deathlord for 2 damage. The wolves and bears also did some stuff, like killing the basic draugr mob I guess. Also the bears just kinda ignore the shout because they can Deny the Iron because bears. I dunno, ask Girtek, not me, he’s the biologist.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2022, 12:35:25 am »

She turns to the two Godbound, "We would take you to Hagor. If anyone deserves help, its him. He helped seal the . . . gate the Shadows came from, so they hate him."

She does look nervous as she says this. "The Shadows won't like it, but he's been through so much. . . Will you help him?"
"Yes, certainly! But it wouldn't do to charge in blind, literally or otherwise. You wouldn't happen to have any further insights on the Shadows in particular, would you? Do you suppose, based on what you've seen of the Shadows so far, that bringing additional torches down would help at all? Maybe particularly fiery torches, which I predict would also have the wonderful side-effect of granting you unmatched strength? Shame about the Ebonach, really, it would have helped a lot. I suppose you could tie plates from its wreck to make makeshift armor, but the Shadows don't seem like they'd be particularly deterred...If we survive this, you're more than welcome to sell them off, of course. No doubt they'll fetch great prices anywhere with the recent mine collapses..."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2022, 08:37:19 am »

Initially unwilling to involve herself in speaking to the two surviving soldiers, Krihrada finds an opportunity to sate some of her personal curiosity.

”While you’re at it, I want you to tell— us” (she was about to say “me”) ”everything you know about the ritual carried out here and the effects its magic has had upon you. Include every possible detail you can.”

Out loud it sounds a little more demanding than she is comfortable with, so she adds, ”It may, er, expedite the process of finding a permanent solution to your problem.”
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14