Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11855 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2022, 11:03:17 pm »

I would like to head west, into Falkreath, to see what has become of my hold...and work to reclaim it. It would be a sturdy base from which to accomplish other ends, if we could retake it.

Rilfar binds the enormous spider's large fangs to his gauntlets. Mostly for intimidation, but if they happen to poison some enemies, well, that's just a bonus, right?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 02:19:33 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2022, 04:44:53 am »

I would like to head west, into Falkreath, to see what has become of my hold...and work to reclaim it. It would be a sturdy base from which to accomplish other ends, if we could retake it.
"Hm... securing and reinforcing a stronghold would be wise. I support this plan."

"Wherever we go, I'll note that I can summon Daedric horses for all of us to ride. They're not the friendliest beasts, and they leave hideous prints of dead vegetation for a month, but they'll beat walking any day."
"How fortuitous. There is much to do, so the quicker we arrive the better."

Breaks-the-Chain admires the steel armor. Normally he'd swap out his current gear for this upgrade, but he can craft himself a more glorious set shortly and the enchantment feels... pale? He's clearly beyond what it can do. He's not sure how to feel about that. It almost seems like he should feel sad, like he's never going to be able to don wondrous items looted from a tomb again. But there's nothing preventing him from wearing it, and he's already benefiting from so much greater. Curious.

...this does remind him to check what's left of the webbing for spider eggs, though. Godling or not, there might be potions to brew or pets to raise.

Breaks-the-Chain votes for Falkreath, hauls the armor, and pokes around for spider eggs, viable or not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2022, 02:29:12 pm »

By the way, that thing with the lamp oil worked out pretty well, new friend. What else can you do?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2022, 03:19:30 pm »

Breaks-the-Chain looked idly at his hands.

"More of the same, though precious materials are taxing. I can build or craft like the golem, but I suspect my results will be more... refined.

My real talents lie over the living. I can bring forth a wondrous bounty in the land or those who inhabit it, mend and refresh my companions, or sway the mind of one I speak to. A lesser I speak to, that is.

...oh, and I'm an experienced battlemage and adventurer. Hardly seems relevant now."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2022, 04:46:24 pm »

Breaks-the-Chain looked idly at his hands.

"More of the same, though precious materials are taxing. I can build or craft like the golem, but I suspect my results will be more... refined.

My real talents lie over the living. I can bring forth a wondrous bounty in the land or those who inhabit it, mend and refresh my companions, or sway the mind of one I speak to. A lesser I speak to, that is.

...oh, and I'm an experienced battlemage and adventurer. Hardly seems relevant now."

That sounds neat. I can bend fate, steal fortune, and boss the future around.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2022, 06:47:22 pm »

"While we have time to talk, maybe we should discus what happened back there? We've all been doing things that seem like more than magic. And does anyone else feel like they have Words swirling around in their head??"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2022, 10:17:56 pm »

"That sounds like a worthy goal indeed, and refuge and shelter are always welcome, even if they're rather...peripherally situated. I'll ready the horses at once assuming all of you are ready to leave."

Lleras commits Effort for the rest of this scene to summon eight Daedric horses in one round. The extra horse is intended for carrying bulky, unwieldy, or otherwise noxious loot from Helgen or the surrounding caves.
"While we have time to talk, maybe we should discus what happened back there? We've all been doing things that seem like more than magic. And does anyone else feel like they have Words swirling around in their head??"
"Supermagical acts and Words? Seeing as the odd spider we encountered would have slain even the bravest adventurers, I believe we have begun our first steps on the path to joining the Mertled Gods. Similar effects were reported throughout the Empire around the time of the Oblivion Crisis, just before the Race for the Thrones. This is as wonderful as it is foreboding; if the recent past is any indication, the existing Ascended will no doubt soon take notice and do their level best to assimilate or...neutralize us. I, for one, am glad I'm not alone in going through this strange development."

"As for the specific Words in my head, I seem to have been blessed with Fire, Sorcery, and Time. The first two are unsurprising, seeming to be logical ascended extensions of my existing skills and experience in the schools of Destruction and Mysticism. The latter, however, is puzzling, and I have no clear explanation for its apparent choice to colonize my head. Incidentally, would you say you had any sort of reaction to seeing the spider's prized Shard of Creation? Any visions of Thrones, perhaps?"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2022, 10:39:12 pm »

"No visions, but I knew it was special. That I was connected to it somehow. Looking at it... was like when I'm playing a song and the entire world fades away."

I don't think I've introduced myself I'm Bri-... No, fate has bound us together, this is a time for truth. I am Walks-In-Shadow. I command the Words Night, Sea, and Deception."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 10:40:47 pm by Sudurandom »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2022, 11:34:26 pm »

I wouldn't say I feel different, exactly. More like... like this was always meant to happen. I've always believed I had a destiny. I just feel unlocked. Like all of this was hovering right above and slightly behind me, and now it's just... time.

My older brother once told me he studied something called CHIM. It sounded a lot like this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2022, 12:17:45 am »

"I, too, find this a suitable suggestion. ...I believe I may know something about loss of the home, myself. I shall assist you on your endeavor without reservation, if you will have me."

The ensuing conversation of their shared, bizarre, fate-ordained experience is refreshing. For the first time in a while (save her earlier conversation with Lleras) Krihrada feels like she may have someone with which her knowledge can be matched - and now, not just by one, but six others. It gives her an unusual happiness.

"I don't think I've introduced myself I'm Bri-... No, fate has bound us together, this is a time for truth. I am Walks-In-Shadow. I command the Words Night, Sea, and Deception."

...And now, the divulging of personal truths by one self-admitted to be a divine master of lies spurs her to do the same. "...My name is Krihrada Ychotchzan. I am a Dwemer, from the city of Kagrenarkngth. From what I have been able to ascertain in the past several months, I am the last Dwemer alive anywhere on Nirn, and perhaps Mundus itself." Her voice takes on a steely, determined edge: "I do not know the mechanism by which this punishment has been enacted upon me or why I am the one who must shoulder the burden of this suffering, but I intend to decipher the mystery of my people's disappearance, no matter the effort I must expend or the lengths to which I must go." Krihrada takes a deep breath, calming herself somewhat. "Be it some notion of fate indeed or mere random chance, I have been gifted the Words of Artifice, Knowledge, and Sorcery to command. Before my people's disappearance I was a skilled Tonal Architect, craftswoman, and animunculist, disciplines of which I believe shall be of some use in addition to the burgeoning divinity with which I have been gifted."

"These Words that I am now in control of fill me with a sense of... purpose. Unflinching purpose, and utter self-confidence. I do not believe I will solve the "Disappearance of the Dwemer", as many call it; I know this. As much as I know my own name, or know the sky is blue. I will do this. It is simply inevitable. It is a bizarre, but inspiring, feeling."
Black lives matter.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2022, 09:52:10 pm »

...And now, the divulging of personal truths by one self-admitted to be a divine master of lies spurs her to do the same. "...My name is Krihrada Ychotchzan. I am a Dwemer, from the city of Kagrenarkngth. From what I have been able to ascertain in the past several months, I am the last Dwemer alive anywhere on Nirn, and perhaps Mundus itself." Her voice takes on a steely, determined edge: "I do not know the mechanism by which this punishment has been enacted upon me or why I am the one who must shoulder the burden of this suffering, but I intend to decipher the mystery of my people's disappearance, no matter the effort I must expend or the lengths to which I must go." Krihrada takes a deep breath, calming herself somewhat. "Be it some notion of fate indeed or mere random chance, I have been gifted the Words of Artifice, Knowledge, and Sorcery to command. Before my people's disappearance I was a skilled Tonal Architect, craftswoman, and animunculist, disciplines of which I believe shall be of some use in addition to the burgeoning divinity with which I have been gifted."

"These Words that I am now in control of fill me with a sense of... purpose. Unflinching purpose, and utter self-confidence. I do not believe I will solve the "Disappearance of the Dwemer", as many call it; I know this. As much as I know my own name, or know the sky is blue. I will do this. It is simply inevitable. It is a bizarre, but inspiring, feeling."
"You're a Dwemer!? And I thought today couldn't get any weirder."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2022, 11:34:04 pm »

"No visions, but I knew it was special. That I was connected to it somehow. Looking at it... was like when I'm playing a song and the entire world fades away."

I don't think I've introduced myself I'm Bri-... No, fate has bound us together, this is a time for truth. I am Walks-In-Shadow. I command the Words Night, Sea, and Deception."

"Well met, Walks-In-Shadow. If Deception is as...busy a Word for you as Fire has been for me, your openness in spite of it speaks well of your character."
I wouldn't say I feel different, exactly. More like... like this was always meant to happen. I've always believed I had a destiny. I just feel unlocked. Like all of this was hovering right above and slightly behind me, and now it's just... time.

My older brother once told me he studied something called CHIM. It sounded a lot like this.

"Unlocked? That's certainly an interesting way of putting it and consistent with most everyone's experience so far. I wonder..."

"B'vehk! A Dwemer? I never thought I'd see the day when the Deep Folk returned! I'd write you a recommendation for the Guild under happier circumstances, but alas, we don't have much to offer in return at the moment. Certainly not here in Skyrim, where it's been...dissolved."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2022, 12:58:41 pm »

Found in Collected Manuscripts: The Sword at the Center

The Pantheon was newly United in this days, from their journey through the dark and the slaying of the Spider of Night.

They traveled on Spirits of Fire beneath sun and shade, bound together in purpose.

-The skies were overcast and dark, and it was raining-

On the way, they found a young brother and sister. Recognizing the spark of Divinity in them, the brother called out.

“Hark, we see the power and mantle of the Divine upon you! We have lost our parents and are alone in the world. You are Mighty and we are not, could you grant us boons to see us through this long Night?”

-They were wet, cold and shivering. The boy had a dulled sword while the girl cliched a ragged doll. Their eyes were distant. They merely asked if you had any food to spare.-

The Pantheon were filled with compassion for the orphans, and each sought to outdo the other in the bounty of their blessing.

-Of course you gave them food and dried their clothes. Did you aid them in any other way?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2022, 02:04:58 pm »

Tiros quietly confers with Breaks-the-Chain.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2022, 10:25:48 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow showed the orphans grand dreams of their future.

-He gave them what comfort he could, singing them songs and using his illusions to act out the stories.

"Where are you from young ones?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14