Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11857 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2022, 12:23:13 am »

Breaks-the-Chain considered the spider evenly. It didn't particularly interest him as a minion, which made his opinion on it fairly neutral.

It would be really convenient if there were suddenly some lamp oil or something like that on the floor here, Tiros says, nudging Breaks-the-Chains. Especially if my arrowhead should turn out to be flint for some reason. Just thinking out loud.
He shrugged. "A reasonable enough occurrence."

Use Transmuter to convert a 10x10x10 cube of wall or ceiling between us and the spiders into highly flammable oil. I'm sure Girtek's wall will stop it from sloshing over us as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2022, 12:55:39 am »

Yes, that's the kind of thing that happens all the time.
Tiros fires an arrow such that it glances off the stone and throws sparks, as luck would have it, right into the oil.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2022, 01:50:05 am »

"If it fits the description of one and there is no unique difference between them, then in my own opinion, I say a two-legged, winged creature of a lizardlike nature is most certainly a wyvern. I remember once reading--" she hesitates, remembering that the tome she was about to name was by one of her own former colleagues -- "...about the work of a scholar who maintained that the dovah of Skyrim are, logically speaking, wyverns as well, due to their true nature of only possessing two legs, but are distinct enough due to their purported intelligence and the power of the Thu'um to justify being classified as something else. Although I am unfamiliar with these Great Wyrms of Hammerfell, as you call them, if they are winged, possess only two legs, and lack a higher level of cognition, then wyverns they must be."
"I see I'll have to introduce you to Edward from our Anvil hall if he isn't in trouble over, uh, unlicensed tomb exploration again; you'd probably have a blast! Speaking of blasts..."

Lleras tosses the fireball(s) (1d10, magic weapon) he prepared at the unexpectedly large and hungry shadow while casually shooting flares (1d8 fray die?) in and around the oil as his magicka permits.

Lleras tossed a fireball at the large and hungry shadow but missed by a wide margin, hitting something else (an egg sac? A former meal?) instead. (roll: 7)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:52:46 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2022, 11:53:02 am »

You guys do realize that we're in a confined space, right? And you're setting fir---oops, there it goes. Have fun?

Hang out on top of Girtek's wall and attack anything that actually reaches the wall without burning to death, completely unconcerned about the heat and smoke.

As the spiders reach the walls, Rilfar hacks at the large one (1d20 + 7 -> 20, attack hits, damage 1d12+4 = 16 -> 4 points) and incidentally slices another spider in half (fray die roll 4 -> 1 point of damage)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:29:55 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2022, 07:37:04 pm »

Girtek... just starts firing crossbow bolts at the small spiders. Some of the bolts appear to be made of spider silk, but they pierce just as well as the rest.

(Per rolls, 3 total damage dealt to the swarm, including Fray damage.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:31:09 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2022, 08:21:14 pm »

As Combat starts Walks-In-Shadow draws another blade of darkness and throws. Missing the big spider, but hitting one of the swarm behind. (1 damage to the mob.)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2022, 11:52:54 am »

Breaks-the-Chain considered the spider evenly. It didn't particularly interest him as a minion, which made his opinion on it fairly neutral.

It would be really convenient if there were suddenly some lamp oil or something like that on the floor here, Tiros says, nudging Breaks-the-Chains. Especially if my arrowhead should turn out to be flint for some reason. Just thinking out loud.
He shrugged. "A reasonable enough occurrence."

Use Transmuter to convert a 10x10x10 cube of wall or ceiling between us and the spiders into highly flammable oil. I'm sure Girtek's wall will stop it from sloshing over us as well.
Yes, that's the kind of thing that happens all the time.
Tiros fires an arrow such that it glances off the stone and throws sparks, as luck would have it, right into the oil.

Breaks-the-Chain gestures, and a wall transforms from stone to oil, spilling out onto the floor and into the cavern, where the Spider reacts with a hiss as the oil splashes against it. Tiros calmly nocks an arrow and looses it, sparking off a rock and impaling a crawling spider. This spark lands on the flowing oil, and catches into flame. Almost immediately the cavern turns into a burning hellscape as oil and soaked webs burn. Inside the protection of Girtek's wall, the pantheon can hear the cittering cries of the spiders as many of them burn. The large mutated spider quickly crawls up its silk thread, shaking off burning drops of oil.

10 damage to Swarm, Spider passes saving throw, takes 1 damage.

"If it fits the description of one and there is no unique difference between them, then in my own opinion, I say a two-legged, winged creature of a lizardlike nature is most certainly a wyvern. I remember once reading--" she hesitates, remembering that the tome she was about to name was by one of her own former colleagues -- "...about the work of a scholar who maintained that the dovah of Skyrim are, logically speaking, wyverns as well, due to their true nature of only possessing two legs, but are distinct enough due to their purported intelligence and the power of the Thu'um to justify being classified as something else. Although I am unfamiliar with these Great Wyrms of Hammerfell, as you call them, if they are winged, possess only two legs, and lack a higher level of cognition, then wyverns they must be."
"I see I'll have to introduce you to Edward from our Anvil hall if he isn't in trouble over, uh, unlicensed tomb exploration again; you'd probably have a blast! Speaking of blasts..."

Lleras tosses the fireball(s) (1d10, magic weapon) he prepared at the unexpectedly large and hungry shadow while casually shooting flares (1d8 fray die?) in and around the oil as his magicka permits.

Lleras tossed a fireball at the large and hungry shadow but missed by a wide margin, hitting something else (an egg sac? A former meal?) instead. (roll: 7)

Lleras extends his hand, and his magicka transforms into an eager flame, leaping forward and narrowly missing the Spider. He quickly adjusts, blasting away a spider leaping through the air in an attempt to avoid the blaze.

Girtek... just starts firing crossbow bolts at the small spiders. Some of the bolts appear to be made of spider silk, but they pierce just as well as the rest.

(Per rolls, 3 total damage dealt to the swarm, including Fray damage.)

Girtek fires his crossbow, rapidly reloading as bolts assemble and form into his hand from the enviroment around him. One bolt, then two, then three slam into the swarm that crawls over the burnt bodies of their kin, pinning them to the cave walls.

2 Damage to Swarm, +1 damage from fray

As Combat starts Walks-In-Shadow draws another blade of darkness and throws. Missing the big spider, but hitting one of the swarm behind. (1 damage to the mob.)

Walks-In-Shadow throws a blade of shadows, but a leaping spider slams into his arm, sending the blade veering off. A quick stab kills the offending creature, but the opportunity is lost as the large Spider makes begins its charge over the walls of the cavern.

You guys do realize that we're in a confined space, right? And you're setting fir---oops, there it goes. Have fun?

Hang out on top of Girtek's wall and attack anything that actually reaches the wall without burning to death, completely unconcerned about the heat and smoke.

As the spiders reach the walls, Rilfar hacks at the large one (1d20 + 7 -> 20, attack hits, damage 1d12+4 = 16 -> 4 points) and incidentally slices another spider in half (fray die roll 4 -> 1 point of damage)

As the large Spider charges, Rilfar stands firm atop the wall and hacks with his axe, shadows parting around his blade as it slams into the shadow covered creature. His back swing cuts another spider in half.

Damage: 4 to Big Spider.

The pantheon fights together for the first time against the swarm that crawls over their walls, crushing and smashing the smaller creatures with ease.

Total Fray damage to Swarm: 8

The swarm however is careless of its losses, obeying only the will of their queen. They crawl and bite and sting. They only avoid Girtek, flowing around its inorganic body. Walks-In-Shadow is bit particularly deeply.

Lleras, Rilfar, Krihrada, Breaks-the-Chain, and Tiros take 1 damage from swarm. Walks in Shadow takes 2 damage.

And then the shadow around the Spider drops, revealing a twisted body, thick chitin glittering with night and darkness, fangs dripping with venom and eyes gleaming with malicious intent. With a leg it slams into Rilfar, and attempts to spear him with its fangs. Rilfar, however is made of sterner stuff. Though the legs slams against him with enough force to kill a legionary in plate, he stands firm. He grabs the fangs plunging towards his body and holds them, even as the beast strains against him.

Furious the Spider adapts, wrapping Rilfar with stream of spider silk as darkness envelopes them both, and Rilfar experiences a disorientating sensation as they the Spider travels through the darkness near instantaneously to the top of the cavern, wrapped and helpless. Though. . . perhaps he has a different opinion on the matter.

Spider Effort: 4/5

Rilfar takes 5 damage and is Wrapped in Spider Web. Can make a Saving's Throw or a Miracle to prevent being taken, or to break free. If he fails, next turn can try to break free.

Krihrada choses to save her action for the end of this round, and may act again next turn as well.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2022, 07:50:59 pm »

(7/9hp)
Walks-In-Shadow looked at the spider shrouding itself in darkness. But although it had been less than an hour he KNEW night and darkness belonged to him, and he did not give this beast permission to use it.
With an effort of will and an outstretched hand he tore away the cloak of shadows.
Use a miracle to dispel the spiders darkness  (Effort 1/2)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2022, 08:50:27 pm »

Thanks for the light, friend! As for you, spider....DIE, FILTH.

Resist the binding attack  (1d20 -> 18 > 11 success) but hold onto the spider as it teleports away. Use a Miracle to mimic Loosening God's Teeth and punch the spider (1d20 + 11 -> 30, hit; 1d12+4 -> 11 damage, 10 to spider and 1 + (1d8 -> 7 = 2 damage) 2 = 3 points of damage to the swarm.

The spider grabs Rilfar, disappears, reappears on the ceiling, then disappears, and reappears in a splatter all around the walls. Rilfar drops to the ground, and stares at the smaller spiders, daring them to try anything.

Effort: 0/2
HP: 2/8

I'm practically unkillable by mortal means, so did I really need those 5 hitpoints anyway? And yes, I do have an axe, but I do the same damage with the axe and my own two hands, so it makes no difference whether I punch the spider or chop him into bits, and only one of those is this hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 09:00:20 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2022, 08:57:52 pm »

Tiros, suspecting his assistance is no longer needed, picks up some of the roasted spiders on the floor and starts eating.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2022, 09:56:47 pm »

The oil continues to burn, and though the large Spider is out of reach of the flames, the swarm is not. Thinned out during their attack on the pantheon, the last of the spiderlings die or are driven off by the flames.

8 damage to Swarm, Swarm is defeated!

(7/9hp)
Walks-In-Shadow looked at the spider shrouding itself in darkness. But although it had been less than an hour he KNEW night and darkness belonged to him, and he did not give this beast permission to use it.
With an effort of will and an outstretched hand he tore away the cloak of shadows.
Use a miracle to dispel the spiders darkness  (Effort 1/2)

Even as the Spider teleports away, Walks-In-Shadow commands the Shadows to leave the creature, leaving it hanging exposed, Rilfar hanging its grip, and rearing back with a raised fist.

Thanks for the light, friend! As for you, spider....DIE, FILTH.

Resist the binding attack  (1d20 -> 18 > 11 success) but hold onto the spider as it teleports away. Use a Miracle to mimic Loosening God's Teeth and punch the spider (1d20 + 11 -> 30, hit; 1d12+4 -> 11 damage, 10 to spider and 1 + (1d8 -> 7 = 2 damage) 2 = 3 points of damage to the swarm.

The spider grabs Rilfar, disappears, reappears on the ceiling, then disappears, and reappears in a splatter all around the walls. Rilfar drops to the ground, and stares at the smaller spiders, daring them to try anything.

Effort: 0/2
HP: 2/8

I'm practically unkillable by mortal means, so did I really need those 5 hitpoints anyway? And yes, I do have an axe, but I do the same damage with the axe and my own two hands, so it makes no difference whether I punch the spider or chop him into bits, and only one of those is this hilarious.

And with a truly strong blow, using all of the young godling's power, the Spider gets blown to gibbets.

Titanic Spider is defeated!

Tiros, suspecting his assistance is no longer needed, picks up some of the roasted spiders on the floor and starts eating.
Perfectly toasted, they are delicious!

Once the last of the flames have died down ( and Rilfar stops smashing random bugs crawling around), the Pantheon finds a pit in the center. Filled with corpses, most of it is junk but you do find:

-Not exactly in the pit, but you find the Spider's web gland. When pressed it extrudes a strong silk, nearly invisible and incredibly hard to break. Highly flammable, though. (You can also loot as much of the Spider's body that you can carry, if you want.)

-A suit of enchanted Steel Armor that binds the life force of the wearer tighter to it (+1), with an enchanted Steel Sword that spreads a deadly chill to those it cuts (+1) When you pick them up, they don't seem to respond like enchanted items you have held in the past have.

-Dozens of scattered pieces of arms and armor, some imperial some nordic in design.

-A heap of gold and gems held together in a torso-sized, nope in a torso. Worth around 3 Wealth, you estimate.

- And finally, deep in the pits heart, obviously cared for and beautifully laid in the middle of an intricate web, lies a Shard of Creation. To you all it glimmers and shines with promise and potential, an echo of the song of creation captured in physical form. It appears as a dark crystal ball, with stars wheeling in the background to some unheard music. None of you have seen one before, but you recognize it immediately in your hearts. You remember feeling something similar back in Helgan, however.

With their business in the cavern concluded, it is only a short trip onward to find the spider's route to the outside. Brushing (or burning) cobwebs out of their faces, the Pantheon emerges to the break of day, the sun peaking out over the mountains, fresh cold air blowing in their faces and songbirds singing in the day. Even the shattered moon glitters in the light of the sun.

Now, the path is open for them to choose. Where does the Pantheon go next? You are several miles away from Helgan, and the town of Riverwood lies to the north. You could also find a smaller village to shelter in. Even further north lies the city of Whiterun, which dominates the plains of Skyrim.

Or you could go somewhere else, leave Skyrim behind you and go try your luck in another province.

The choice is up to you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Congrats, you beat the evil spider and escaped the dungeons of Helgan, which gives you enough experience to level up! When you finish the level up process, post your updated Character Sheet back in the OOC.

Also, gain +1 dominion for slaying a mighty beast!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 10:12:22 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2022, 10:44:50 pm »

"Now that we're free, I'd like to suggest that we take the road north to Whiterun through Riverwood, where we can stop for supplies. I'd like to continue to Winterhold as soon as possible myself, but I suspect we all have different work to do, and Whiterun's central location and bustling markets seem like the best way to prepare for the road ahead."
Spoiler: Route (click to show/hide)
"Of course, we can always retrace our way back to Helgen and take the west road to Falkreath, the east road to Riften, or the south road back to Bruma. For personal reasons, though, I would prefer not to return to Cyrodiil so soon, and empty-handed at that."

"Wherever we go, I'll note that I can summon Daedric horses for all of us to ride. They're not the friendliest beasts, and they leave hideous prints of dead vegetation for a month, but they'll beat walking any day."

Lleras votes for going to Whiterun by Daedric horse.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2022, 12:08:17 am »

Girtek has clambered down into the pit, looking through the materials revealed. They take the spider's web-gland - a good source for a rather unique material - before reaching the bottom.
Before reaching the Shard of Creation.
What... is this?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2022, 02:43:32 am »

Every sufficiently small loot item finds its way into Tiros' pockets once it has been passed around, naturally. The armor he ignores, but the sword he tries to strap along with the other sword and two bows. I'm going to need some kind of cart.

Right. I think it might be a good idea to scout Helgan at least from a distance - try to get up on some high ground just to see if there's still a city left, maybe.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2022, 08:11:11 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow loads his portion of the loot into his pack.  As he does the spider's darkness swirls around him fondly, slowly being absorbed.

Every sufficiently small loot item finds its way into Tiros' pockets once it has been passed around, naturally. The armor he ignores, but the sword he tries to strap along with the other sword and two bows. I'm going to need some kind of cart.

Right. I think it might be a good idea to scout Helgan at least from a distance - try to get up on some high ground just to see if there's still a city left, maybe.

"If we head up there during the day there's a chance the dragon will see us. But since there probably isn't anything left I don't know if it's worth waiting till night."

"Now that we're free, I'd like to suggest that we take the road north to Whiterun through Riverwood, where we can stop for supplies. I'd like to continue to Winterhold as soon as possible myself, but I suspect we all have different work to do, and Whiterun's central location and bustling markets seem like the best way to prepare for the road ahead."
Spoiler: Route (click to show/hide)
"Of course, we can always retrace our way back to Helgen and take the west road to Falkreath, the east road to Riften, or the south road back to Bruma. For personal reasons, though, I would prefer not to return to Cyrodiil so soon, and empty-handed at that."

"Wherever we go, I'll note that I can summon Daedric horses for all of us to ride. They're not the friendliest beasts, and they leave hideous prints of dead vegetation for a month, but they'll beat walking any day."

Lleras votes for going to Whiterun by Daedric horse.
"I think my business in Helgan has been rendered moot. So I don't have anywhere to be."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14