Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11828 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2022, 12:30:26 am »

We should maybe consider heading down those stairs, unless that's where this company is coming from. Not fighting is better than fighting, and maybe we can find a way out.

Craning over to look at the lute, he adds, Neat, how did you do that? Would it work on this sword I just uh found?, brandishing the chipped sword he picked up while nobody was looking. The bow is over his back, he has a pile of clothes under his other arm, and there's a shiny new ring on his finger.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2022, 12:38:24 am »

We should maybe consider heading down those stairs, unless that's where this company is coming from. Not fighting is better than fighting, and maybe we can find a way out.

Craning over to look at the lute, he adds, Neat, how did you do that? Would it work on this sword I just uh found?, brandishing the chipped sword he picked up while nobody was looking. The bow is over his back, he has a pile of clothes under his other arm, and there's a shiny new ring on his finger.
"It is." He points and gives the distance. "Don't ask me how, but I can sense their blood flowing. Any liquid I think. There's a stream over there." He traces it's path.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:44:10 pm by Sudurandom »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2022, 12:45:41 am »

Girtek runs a hand over the proffered blade, a nearly-silent hum radiating from their crystal. The metal seems to... liquify, slightly, before coalescing back into a much shinier blade, albeit ever-so-slightly slimmer.
The materials answer my requests.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2022, 12:49:48 am »

"It is." He points and gives the distance. "Don't ask me how, but I can sense their blood flowing. Any liquid I think. There's a stream over there." He traces it's path.
A stream? I bet that stairway leads toward it — can't you smell the damp? Well... maybe not you... (looking at Girtek) It must flow somewhere, so it sounds like our best way out.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2022, 12:52:54 am »

It hadn't occurred to Breaks-the-Chain to consider why he was like this now.

"I presume it is no coincidence that we alone of the prisoners survived the dragon attack. Whether these changes are cause or effect, it would seem only the gifted remain."

He began striding for the stairs down.

"I have no further interest in weakling fools. The packrat is correct: We should leave before we become bogged down in trivialities."

Head for the stairs. Toss aside anyone who gets in my way like the irrelevant mook they are.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2022, 01:01:40 am »

Tiros looks around confusedly for this rat that lizard apparently talks to, before shrugging and heading down the stairs as well.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2022, 02:33:56 pm »

Well, I suppose we might as well try the alternative way out, unless anybody has a special desire to find out if the dragon is planning on a return visit? Shadowscale, I recommend that you take the lead, I'll watch our backs until we make it a good way into the tunnel.

Follow the rest of the group down the stairs, acting as rearguard until we're a ways down the tunnel.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2022, 07:16:02 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow laughs. "Why would you think I'm one of them? I'm a bard. But I can scout ahead."
Watching Rilfar with his blood sense Walks-In-Shadow will take the lead if no one else wants it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:43:26 pm by Sudurandom »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2022, 10:45:27 pm »

Lleras looks around at his fellow surviving escapees, all seemingly newly awakened to strange powers, and inspected his scratched and dusty staff, lighting a few puffs of flame.

"A bit scratched, but better this than that it got cut into firewood. It'll do for the road."

"Hello there. I suppose we don't have much time for proper introductions, but I am Lleras, Arch-Mage of Mysticism of the fallen Cyrodiil Mages Guild and one of many...scions of the Great House Hlaalu, also fallen."

Seeing everyone else going down the stairs, Lleras readies a fireball spell and follows along somewhere in the middle of the pack and begins babbling expositorily.

"You know, despite the common belief that dragons have vanished since the start of the era, there have been reported sightings in Hammerfell just in the last four decades! Now, as to whether they are to be believed or disregarded as desert mirages, the renowned Kena Hejseetha Masu has this to say in her Comparative Catalogue of Mythic Scaled Beasts of Inland Tamriel: 'Regarding the question of whether these Great Wyrms correspond to the dova of Nordic legend and the Litter of Alkosh of Khajiiti recollection, the current balance of evidence based on anatomical features reconstructed from eyewitness accounts is consistent with the hypothesis that there are two distinct lineages of the creatures known as dragons, to wit the grouping containing the Litter of Alkosh and...'"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2022, 11:05:56 pm »

Fascinating, but don't come crying to me if something down here hears you coming and decides to eat you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2022, 12:11:49 am »

Lleras looks around at his fellow surviving escapees, all seemingly newly awakened to strange powers, and inspected his scratched and dusty staff, lighting a few puffs of flame.

"A bit scratched, but better this than that it got cut into firewood. It'll do for the road."

"Hello there. I suppose we don't have much time for proper introductions, but I am Lleras, Arch-Mage of Mysticism of the fallen Cyrodiil Mages Guild and one of many...scions of the Great House Hlaalu, also fallen."

Seeing everyone else going down the stairs, Lleras readies a fireball spell and follows along somewhere in the middle of the pack and begins babbling expositorily.

"You know, despite the common belief that dragons have vanished since the start of the era, there have been reported sightings in Hammerfell just in the last four decades! Now, as to whether they are to be believed or disregarded as desert mirages, the renowned Kena Hejseetha Masu has this to say in her Comparative Catalogue of Mythic Scaled Beasts of Inland Tamriel: 'Regarding the question of whether these Great Wyrms correspond to the dova of Nordic legend and the Litter of Alkosh of Khajiiti recollection, the current balance of evidence based on anatomical features reconstructed from eyewitness accounts is consistent with the hypothesis that there are two distinct lineages of the creatures known as dragons, to wit the grouping containing the Litter of Alkosh and...'"

Krihrada, having been quite distracted by the sight of an atronach of all things (and such an ugly-looking one, too) speaking and acting as a normal person would, is silent for most of the events happening around her. When a moment of peace emerges, she matches pace with Lleras and listens to his words with clear intent. What luck, happening to be imprisoned with a fellow intellectual. Perhaps there will be some entertainment to liven up the drudgery of their escape. She nods along at the things she recognizes - dragons; "Hammerfell", having heard of it in passing from another Scholar; Nordic legend, silly as it was; and the Litter of Alkosh, though her knowledge of Khajiiti superstition is regrettably poor.

"Mhm, mhm, yes," she mutters along. Louder, to Lleras, she asks, "And what anatomical features would these be? I find myself unfamiliar with the specifics that this book describes, but I must say, it's utterly riveting so far."
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2022, 12:57:13 am »

"I am known as Breaks-the-Chain. I follow my own path."

After a few more seconds of walking, something occurred to him.

"Are you this longwinded regarding the ancient Nords?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2022, 01:28:05 am »

Khajiit is called Tiros. Tiros also follows his own path!

I don't actually talk like that.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2022, 10:26:11 am »

The future Pantheon heads down the stairs, following Walks-in-Shadow while Rilfar guards the back. About halfway down the stairs they hear a shout from behind them as the empty cells are discovered. The group quickens their pace until they arrive at the reservoir, a deep cistern filled with dark water, hewn into the stone. A shallow stream of water flows into it, but rubble placed over and around the stream blocks an easy exit.

Also preventing an easy escape are four guards, and the dungeon’s torturer. Judging by the way they were cowering in the corner, and the tremble in their swords as they leap up to face the former prisoners, they were clearly hiding during the dragon attack.

The torturer, an old Imperial with cruel eyes, recognizes the group and steps forward, a familiar lightning crackling in his hand.

“Well well gentlemen, I’m so glad we had the foresight to stop these prisoners from escaping. Shame they didn’t surrender.”

The guards grin and the promise of violence fills their eyes.

What do you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2022, 10:40:13 am »

Toward the back of the group, Girtek leans slightly toward one of the others.
Who would those people be?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14