Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11864 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2022, 11:30:04 pm »

Lleras gave them the gift of magic, that they may help themselves when the Pantheon had left.

Lleras taught the children an assortment of useful basic spells like Detect Magic, Detect Life, Dispel, Flare, Levitate, Magelight, and Open Very Easy Lock. (-1 Dominion)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2022, 12:16:11 am »

The spirit called Girtek gave goods past compare, bestowed on them artifacts to answer their prayer.

Girtek had never met a child before.

No, that was not right. They were certain that was not right.

They could not recall meeting a child before, however. It was a rather annoying feeling, to know you have done something yet know nothing of the event. Especially when their head was so suffused with information they were rather certain they had no right to know to begin with, not having properly learned any of it.

No matter. Children are just... just like small adults, yes? Yes, that must be right.

I, ah, can assist you with your things? Girtek waved awkwardly. That is, I can fix your sword. And your doll. Somewhat.
It was difficult to make a disarming grin when you did not have a mouth, but Girtek tried anyway. It was mostly in the eyes, right? Hopefully they were doing this right.

They reached out for the boy's sword, and under their touch, the metal rippled, liquified, before coalescing - sharp, extremely well-balanced, a little shorter to better fit the youth wielding it. Would that be better?

They brushed the doll, and the very grass twisted in to mend its threadbare form. Even a few flowers were plucked from the earth, their colorful shades highlighting the doll. Do you like this? I am sorry, I could not make it how it was before. Is this okay?

Off the path, Girtek noticed a flash of brown. Into the wilderness, they called: Excuse me, mister deer? These children are hungry, could you please come here and let them eat you? I promise, we'll appreciate it! And, indeed, a lone deer came trotting out of the woods, and knelt by the party, ready and willing to be slaughtered.

Girtek stood, proud of themselves. Also a bit lost.
Is there... ah, is there anything you might need? I am afraid I am unfamiliar with what is useful to people. I have been asleep for a very long time I think.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2022, 12:32:55 am »

Moved by his fellows' generosity, the Fatespinner took the children aside —
— Tiros was heard to mutter can't we do better than this?
— and offered them candy and riches beyond imagining.
(Tiros had said, Wow, you look like you two could use some moon sugar. My friend over there can make anything you want, but he says he's worried it might be too strong for you, so you have to promise only to take a little bit at a time, okay?)

The wise orphans demurred, for they sought a truer and more spiritual bounty. Impressed that ones so young had passed his test, the Fatespinner placed his highest blessing upon them, weaving long and fulfilled lives into their future and promising that they would find that for which they had searched.

Tiros had said, Are you sure? Suit yourselves. Let me give you this instead, then: I see for you a future where you travel safely, meeting neither great danger nor hunger, for only a little while longer, until you come to a village where you will meet an old man with much wealth but no children of his own, and he will take you in and teach you the ways of business, so that when you grow up you can take his wealth and make it greater still; and you will do wisely and well and become rich and influential, and even gain noble titles if you want them, so that your own children (you will have many) will never need to fear the life that you have had; and you will take some of your funds and have a temple built, which you will dedicate to Tiros, and Breaks-the-Chains, and the other argonian whose name escapes me right now, and the Incredible Stone Buildy Man, and the obviously evil wizard, and uh... (Tiros begins counting on his fingers but does not look back at his companions) ... the last surviving dwemer apparently, and, I think that's everyone? No wait, there was another guy but he got eaten by a spider. So, remember those names! I'm sure those are definitely all the right names.
(Prophetic Insight, but, uh, maybe with a little Liar's Flawless Grace involved.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2022, 01:21:10 am »

...the Incredible Stone Buildy Man...
...So, remember those names! I'm sure those are definitely all the right names.

Girtek waves.
I am Girtek.
They don't sound like they're correcting Tiros. Then again, Girtek rarely seems to speak in any tones aside from "generically cheerful and matter-of-fact". Well, that and "stilted assistance".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2022, 02:04:51 am »

Breaks-the-Chain, seeing the gifts of the other gods, provided what was still missing.

-"I have as much food as I want, but you'd be hungry again in a few days. What you need is a way to avoid this problem in the first place."-

From nearby bushes and trees he fashioned a bow and quiver full of arrows- each flawless and beautiful, like the favored arms of a spriggan bowmaster- and a basket, spade, hatchet, and knife, all likewise magnificent despite being made of nothing but weeds and wood. These he gifted freely to the youths, that they might lavish themselves with their own gifts.

-The bow was sized for a towering Nord, not a starving boy. Breaks-the-Chain figured it was better to aim high.-

"When in doubt, seek the water," he spoke unto them, for this is the way to prosperity.

-"Crabs and fish are common even during times of famine. Speaking of which, we're on our way to claim Falkreath Hold. If we succeed, it will become bountiful beyond imagination."-
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2022, 10:30:53 am »

Krihrada sought to grant the children further protection from harm, capable of warding off any threats which they could not repel themselves with the other gifts that had been bestowed upon them.

- Children could not quite be expected to properly use swords, bows, magic and such things, even when it was necessary for their survival. It would take time before they could properly protect themselves - surely her fellow gods knew this, and were simply being overly cautious? Something to help keep them safe until that time would be the best gift she could provide.

She began to sing a haunting song - a song the children understood in their hearts as one wishing them protection and safety against the dangers of the world. At her divine behest, the nearby trees began to twist and reshape themselves before their very eyes. Forming into countless intricate parts, they floated through the air, assembling themselves into the appearance of a towering man made entirely from wood, equipped with a set of arms with which to keep the orphans from harm.

- She did indeed sing, but it was far from comprehensible to anyone unfamiliar with Tonal Magic. And the assembly of her animunculus was far less elegant; the loud cracking of trunks and noisy, messy uprootings abounded, as it was far more difficult to create the parts for something all at once rather than putting together a set that already existed, but she managed. The finished product was a somewhat clumsily-made animunculus, appearing to wear a set of armor that was merely branches and bark covering up the intricate machinery allowing it to move (as curious little fingers did not belong anywhere near any of it), an axe in one hand and a kite shield in the other.

...She noticed, with some discomfort, that it reminded her somewhat of Girtek, but with a much sterner face.

Then, Krihrada instructed her creation to stay by the children's side for all time, to shield them from any harm that may befall them, to fend off any evil that they may face in their lives, and to provide them with any knowledge they might seek about the world.

- Krihrada gave it a series of orders in Dwemeris, to which the animunculus nodded its head. She then turned to the children and explained:

"Its name is Ahvardnbthar. It will instinctively protect you from anything you come across that would do you harm, but you may also give it any orders you wish; it is intelligent and will follow them to the best of its abilities. You may ask it any question you like, and if it knows the answer, it will tell you. Its knowledge is based off of my own, so it shall be able to tell you a great number of things," she said, a hint of pride in her voice. "It will also be your friend. It is kind, helpful, tireless, and will guard you with its very life if it must. And, lastly, it will exist always, until it is somehow destroyed. Ahvardnbthar shall stay with you for the rest of your lives, unless you instruct it to do otherwise."

She turned to Ahvardnbthar and spoke another word, commanding it to Persist. It glowed with a faint golden light that quickly faded. [-1 Dominion]
Black lives matter.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2022, 01:32:58 pm »

Girtek waves.
I am Girtek.
They don't sound like they're correcting Tiros. Then again, Girtek rarely seems to speak in any tones aside from "generically cheerful and matter-of-fact". Well, that and "stilted assistance".
Tiros nods and turns to the kids. Right, like I said, Girtek. He... it?... Girtek makes things too, as you can see. Got a lot of thing-makers over here, you could maybe put a wing in that church just for craftsmen.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2022, 12:43:24 pm »

In the dark, words of power and of wisdom, words of courage and of hardiness were spoken. The youths were cured of all their weariness and given courage and strength of character to push on through their hardship and become greater. An offer of eternal loyalty was given for loyalty received, that if the two should come to the holdings of the Pantheon once they were reclaimed, they would always find a home.

Rilfar will use his Effort to refresh them with Endurance, and use Miracles to inspire them with Command. I guess he'll also drill them in the proper use of their newfound weaponry because that's clearly what we want to give children.

Can't we just give them some secretly, not-obviously valuable magic gifts instead that are less likely to get stolen from them?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2022, 11:32:49 pm »

Collected Manuscripts

First approached Walks-In-Shadows, Lord of the Deep, showing the orphans grand dreams of their future. For the Boy saw himself a lord above men, ruling from a ornate tower. The Girl saw herself surrounded by family and friends, for she felt that lack most keenly.

Lleras, Lord of the Everlasting Flame, then gave them the gift of magic, that they may help themselves when the Pantheon had left. The Boy embraced Destruction, while the Girl took to the path of Illusion.

The spirit called Girtek, Lord of Nirn, gave goods past compare, bestowed on them artifacts to answer their prayer.

Moved by his fellows' generosity, the Fatespinner, Lord of Possibility, took the children aside —
— and offered them candy and riches beyond imagining.

The wise orphans demurred, for they sought a truer and more spiritual bounty. Impressed that ones so young had passed his test, the Fatespinner placed his highest blessing upon them, weaving long and fulfilled lives into their future and promising that they would find that for which they had searched.

Breaks-the-Chain, the Lord of Life, seeing the gifts of the other gods, provided what was still missing.

From nearby bushes and trees he fashioned a bow and quiver full of arrows- each flawless and beautiful, like the favored arms of a spriggan bowmaster- and a basket, spade, hatchet, and knife, all likewise magnificent despite being made of nothing but weeds and wood. These he gifted freely to the youths, that they might lavish themselves with their own gifts.

"When in doubt, seek the water," he spoke unto them, for this is the way to prosperity.

Krihrada, the Dwemer Lord, sought to grant the children further protection from harm, capable of warding off any threats which they could not repel themselves with the other gifts that had been bestowed upon them.h

She began to sing a haunting song - a song the children understood in their hearts as one wishing them protection and safety against the dangers of the world. At her divine behest, the nearby trees began to twist and reshape themselves before their very eyes. Forming into countless intricate parts, they floated through the air, assembling themselves into the appearance of a towering man made entirely from wood, equipped with a set of arms with which to keep the orphans from harm.

Then, Krihrada instructed her creation to stay by the children's side for all time, to shield them from any harm that may befall them, to fend off any evil that they may face in their lives, and to provide them with any knowledge they might seek about the world.

And finally, in the dark, words of power and of wisdom, words of courage and of hardiness were spoken by Rilfar, High King. The youths were cured of all their weariness and given courage and strength of character to push on through their hardship and become greater. An offer of eternal loyalty was given for loyalty received, that if the two should come to the holdings of the Pantheon once they were reclaimed, they would always find a home.

The two were overwhelmed by this generosity. They thanked the Pantheon for their gifts, and both proclaimed them as true Gods.

“We thank you for these boons you have granted, Mighty Ones. May your paths lead straight and true.

The Boy kneeled to Breaks-the-Chain, while the Girl bowed before Krihrada. Blessings gathered about them, the Orphans continued on their way, and the Pantheon continued on their path.

THE SWORD AT THE CENTER

The children were quickly ushered into shelter, and warm food and clothing quickly conjured for them. Once they were by a blazing fire, they asked their names.

“Hadvar,” the boy said around bites of venison.

“And I’m Astrid!” The girl said cheerfully, her mood brightening.

Walks-In-Shadow showed the orphans grand dreams of their future.

-He gave them what comfort he could, singing them songs and using his illusions to act out the stories.

"Where are you from young ones?"

“We are from a village, Varristead, in Falkreath Hold. Our parents were sick, and no one would take us. Our parents told us to go to our Uncle Rori in Whiterun, before they…” Hadvar replied.

Lleras gave them the gift of magic, that they may help themselves when the Pantheon had left.

Lleras taught the children an assortment of useful basic spells like Detect Magic, Detect Life, Dispel, Flare, Levitate, Magelight, and Open Very Easy Lock. (-1 Dominion)

With a little gift of power expended, once the children eat their fill, Llearas quickly taught them a variety of basic spells which they picked up quickly and easily, to their wonder and delight.

Girtek - Sword, doll, and providing the deer

Hadvar grinned at his new sword, giving it a few swings. Astrid clutched her repaired doll with delight, and quickly gave Girtek a hug.
“Thank you!” The both chimed.  When asked if there was anything else that Girtek could provide, Hadvar asked that perhaps they could have some thicker clothing, and Astrid excitedly asked for a nice thick cloak with a hood so she could be both warm and sneaky.

Tiros- The Gift of Prophecy

The two orphans look at each other, and Tiros can see the determination and hope in their young eyes. They smile at the Khajit, “We will Tiros, we promise.”

Breaks-the-Chain - A powerful bow, and other survival equipment

With tools in hand, they marvel at the workmanship. Hadvar fingers the bow. Though sized for a man grown, it draws back for him easily.
“It is a beautiful piece, thank you Breaks-the-Chain.”

Krihrada - Ahvardnbthar the Dwemer golem

The orphans stare and marvel at the sight of the golem, it’s strong features resembling that of Girtek. Hadvar and Astrid begin climbing over it, and Astrid asks if it could give her a piggy back ride.

“Of course, Miss Astrid.” It responds kindly.

Rilfar - Inspiration

As the night came to end, and after they dreamed their sweet dreams of the future to keep them warm and confident. Rilfar came and with a hand on their shoulder the children felt inspired for the future, and with a few words they felt emboldened. A few tips on how to properly handle their weapons did not go amiss, either.

And so the children began to prepare to go on their path, the Pantheon prepared to go on theirs. The borders of Falkreath lay not even a day ahead by the Daedric horses they rode.

What is your plan approaching the Hold of Falkreath? There are about 7 villages around the Hold if you wish to not go to the main hold directly.

Also, is there anything else you wish to do with the orphans? If not, they will continue happily on their way. Well done!

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2022, 12:23:38 am »

Can't we just give them some secretly, not-obviously valuable magic gifts instead that are less likely to get stolen from them?
I wish you'd brought this up IC and/or where I'd noticed, as I would have just prophesied that they wouldn't be stolen.

Hopefully it's implied in the prophecy I gave. :P

We should consider stopping in the villages to sneak about and try to gain support.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2022, 06:36:27 pm »

"How does one reclaim a Nord Hold, anyway? Some kind of challenge? Do we need an army?

I can provide peerless arms and boundless crops to any who join our cause, if we need an army."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2022, 08:27:07 pm »

I think we want to start by exploring the loyalties of the Hold and contacting some old allies of mine. As for how it's won, well, I'd challenge him to a duel if I thought there was even a chance he'd honor the terms. But since I'm certain that his word of honor is as useless as his beard is wispy, I think we'd be best served by killing him and everyone who supports him in a good old fashioned battle.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2022, 09:29:05 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow smiles when Astrid asks for the cloak. "Some of my best memories are learning to walk unseen as a child. If you like I could give you some tips."
If they accept Walks-In-Shadow will give Astrid (And Hadvar if he wants) a lesson in stealth. He'll also ask if it's ok to contact them later, perhaps for more training.

I think we want to start by exploring the loyalties of the Hold and contacting some old allies of mine. As for how it's won, well, I'd challenge him to a duel if I thought there was even a chance he'd honor the terms. But since I'm certain that his word of honor is as useless as his beard is wispy, I think we'd be best served by killing him and everyone who supports him in a good old fashioned battle.
"Battles are messy. It would be best if we could avoid that. Is there any reason we can't just sneak in and kill him?"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2022, 09:52:31 pm »

If we get him into a pitched battle we can find all his supporters in one go and take them all out without as much risk of missing one. And killing him in his sleep or whatever would not be the best way to win the loyalty of the Hold.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2022, 08:56:33 pm »

If he dies, who's second in line? If you kill enough people in their sleep, eventually it is LIKE you won a battle.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14