Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11814 times)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2022, 01:47:24 pm »

At the first sign of hostility Walks-In-Shadow throws a shard of darkness at the torturer and draws his sword. "If you want to live drop your weapons."
Attack the torturer with Knives of Night. Any overflow to the guards.

Spoiler: Knives of Night (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2022, 02:14:08 pm »

The World Against You: The torturer slips on damp cave moss while advancing menacingly and falls into the reservoir. Any of his compatriots who try to help him are knocked over by his flailing and pulled down in alongside. A momentary swell of the stream dislodges some of the rubble, sweeping it into the reservoir where it strikes into the fallen guards.

Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2022, 05:45:03 pm »

Walks-in-Shadow throws a shard of solid darkness that seemed to form in his hand. It pierced the chest of the old torturer as he was talking, killing him instantly. The shard splits coming out the man’s back and slices through two guards throats, red blood splashing down their chainmail armor.

The last two guards forget all of their temporary bravado and cry out, and then both slip on the wet rocks, hit their heads on said rocks, and roll into the reservoir with a quiet splash.

Silence rules for a moment, but the shouts coming from the stairwell stirs the group into action.

Who (and how) deals with the rubble? (You can see through small gaps the cavern on the other side, but there is too much to quickly move by hand by mortal means)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2022, 06:43:09 pm »

...I suppose who they were is no longer relevant.
The atronach then walks across the way toward the rubble... which, curiously, is swiftly replaced with a number of stone wheels, boards, and nails. Like a disassembled stone cart.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2022, 06:46:47 pm »

They were very rude men.

That's pretty cool. Can you make me something to take home?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2022, 09:59:33 pm »

The atronach then walks across the way toward the rubble... which, curiously, is swiftly replaced with a number of stone wheels, boards, and nails. Like a disassembled stone cart.

With the obstruction blocking their path gone, the pantheon moves into the cave system channeling the stream. They make good progress, feet  sure and strong as they follow the water’s path. The pursuit behind them falls silent, and Walks-in-Shadow can no longer detect them.

However, as they walk forward they begin to notice think strands of spider webs covering the walls and descending from the ceiling. Spiders and other creatures crawl along the walls. One could almost feel a malevolent presence surround them.

Ahead is a large cavern opening, with a thick white web spread across it. Bodies twisted and wrapped hang from the ceiling. The darkness seems Deeper here. Walks-in-Shadow holds up his hand, as he feels a large, unnatural body crawling across the roof of the cave. Numerous smaller bodies cluster and skitter around it.

You have time to prepare, what do you do?

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2022, 10:04:32 pm »

Girtek readies their crossbow and starts building a brick wall. Despite this, they are still peeking their head out, seemingly interested in interacting with the spiders.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 10:16:09 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2022, 11:08:26 pm »

Tiros loves spiders. They're delicious.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2022, 11:15:11 pm »

As Walks-In-Shadow draws his weapons, the party seems to split with one of the copies continuing forward into the cave.
Drop Knives of Night to power a Shadow Play illusion.

Spoiler: Shadow Play (click to show/hide)

(If necessary I'll also drop Secrets of the Deep so I can keep the illusion moving forward by overlapping castings.
Also this is probably a good time for a reminder I can see perfectly in the dark.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2022, 12:15:35 am »

Lleras readies a nice 1d10 fireball in case the spiders are as uninterested in diplomacy as they normally are.

"Mhm, mhm, yes," she mutters along. Louder, to Lleras, she asks, "And what anatomical features would these be? I find myself unfamiliar with the specifics that this book describes, but I must say, it's utterly riveting so far."
"Ah, now that we have a moment's respite, I believe Kena Masu cites the work of Arrius Pedanticus, who contends that the flying lizards of Hammerfell, having two wings and no more than two legs, are wyverns and not dragons like the very large cats of Elsweyr or recent heraldic dragons as drawn in west High Rock. Imperial iconography is unfortunately of little use on this matter; while the diamond insignia is perfectly consistent with descriptions of Great Wyrms in the Alik'r and is even supported by legends of two-legged dovah dating to the Nedic migrations, this is inconsistent with the four-legged Litter of Alkosh and depictions of dragons in west High Rock. I suppose Valenwood isn't the easiest place to look for dragons, and it should wait until we have more direct evidence of how many limbs dragons have, but what do you think?"
"Are you this longwinded regarding the ancient Nords?"
"Not having studied the more, ah, mannish myth complex in much detail, I'm afraid I don't know much more than a typical passerby. I'm aware they once had powerful dragon cults before they turned to the Aedra. Perhaps a descendant of one of these is responsible for our escape? Anyway, lacking the appropriate background, I'm unlikely to be as longwinded about the first Nords."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 12:33:17 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2022, 12:17:53 am »

I could expound upon Nordic lore if such would be desirable, but my analysis of the present situation indicates that this would not be the ideal time to take that variety of action.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2022, 01:28:58 am »

"Ah, now that we have a moment's respite, I believe Kena Masu cites the work of Arrius Pedanticus, who contends that the flying lizards of Hammerfell, having two wings and no more than two legs, are wyverns and not dragons like the very large cats of Elsweyr or the dovah of Skyrim. Imperial iconography is unfortunately of little use on this matter; while the diamond insignia is perfectly consistent with descriptions of Great Wyrms in the Alik'r and is even supported by legends of two-legged dovah dating to the Nedic migrations, this is inconsistent with the four-legged Litter of Alkosh and depictions of dragons in west High Rock. I suppose Valenwood isn't the easiest place to look for dragons, and it should wait until we have more direct evidence of how many limbs dragons have, but what do you think?"

"If it fits the description of one and there is no unique difference between them, then in my own opinion, I say a two-legged, winged creature of a lizardlike nature is most certainly a wyvern. I remember once reading--" she hesitates, remembering that the tome she was about to name was by one of her own former colleagues -- "...about the work of a scholar who maintained that the dovah of Skyrim are, logically speaking, wyverns as well, due to their true nature of only possessing two legs, but are distinct enough due to their purported intelligence and the power of the Thu'um to justify being classified as something else. Although I am unfamiliar with these Great Wyrms of Hammerfell, as you call them, if they are winged, possess only two legs, and lack a higher level of cognition, then wyverns they must be."
Black lives matter.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2022, 01:32:46 am »

All the dragons I've ever seen had either three legs, or twenty, or none. There was only the one with twenty, though. It might have been something that just looked like a dragon, but with more legs.
While talking, Tiros calmly strings his bow and nocks an arrow. That's his bow, not the other bow he "found" a bit ago.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 04:07:21 pm by Maximum Spin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2022, 11:47:37 pm »

Behind a hastily built, but sturdy, brick wall, the Pantheon readies their weapons and prepare themselves.

As Walks-In-Shadow draws his weapons, the party seems to split with one of the copies continuing forward into the cave.
Drop Knives of Night to power a Shadow Play illusion.

Spoiler: Shadow Play (click to show/hide)

(If necessary I'll also drop Secrets of the Deep so I can keep the illusion moving forward by overlapping castings.
Also this is probably a good time for a reminder I can see perfectly in the dark.)

A copy of Walks-in-Shadow strides through the thick webs blocking the entrance of the cave and walks to the center.

Nothing happens at first, but the group sees a dark shadow silently descent from the ceiling. It’s form seemed covered in a roiling darkness that clung to it’s many limbs, the outline of whic could be hardly seen. Deeper within the darkness seems impenetrable.

Except for Walks-in-Shadow, for whom the darkness is a familiar thing, and the power that the Spider claims is but a mockery of his Night.

Girtek too feels a connection to the distorted Spider, though through magic and mutation it has grown to powerful and intelligent to command as a simple beast.

The shadow quickly, silently descends onto the illusion, and and then swallows it whole. Shortly afterwords you hear a loud angry chittering from the monster Spider, and hear it’s echo as swarms of large dog sized spiders swarm from the walls and ground around you.

What do you do?

If combat, Big Spider AC: 2 if concealed by darkness, 6 if you can see or sense it, or illuminate it with a gift.

Spider Swarm: AC 9, damage is rolled straight if attacked by area of effect.

Remember that Players act first, then enemies go. 

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2022, 11:58:30 pm »

It would be really convenient if there were suddenly some lamp oil or something like that on the floor here, Tiros says, nudging Breaks-the-Chains. Especially if my arrowhead should turn out to be flint for some reason. Just thinking out loud.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14