Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11806 times)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2022, 10:05:46 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow crosses the the vampire as she lies dying on the ground.
"Your Master has failed you. But before you join the Dread Father you have a chance to repay him. Tell Me where is he weakest?"

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2022, 10:43:15 pm »

In the Depths of the Grove

Girtek’s light dims briefly in mourning for the Great Stag’s long and fraught trials, before brightening in resolve. Once more, Nirn’s voice resounds from their form.

What has been done to you shall not be forgiven. Those who have bound you shall be punished. But understand: Rilfar will assist us in this. Your quarrel is not with him, but with those who have conquered this land.
And know this: should any again suggest that you or your kin should be bound, I shall be the first to stand in their way, no matter who they may be.

The Great Stag pauses in its rage. The man before it looked so similiar to those who bound it in chains.

But it also recognizes that the man is the ally of the one who freed it, and that is not a debt that the Stag shall forget. He bows his great head at Girtek.

With the rod now secure and the OK given from the rest of the group, Rilfar gleefully launches himself at the vampire, spending 2 Effort to use Loosening God's Teeth. 1d20 (4) + 6 = 10, damage 1d12 (9) + 4= 13, so at the moment that's 4 damage to the Vampire...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rilfar wastes no time and leaps upon the retreating vampire, seizing her and tearing her arm off in a spray of dark blood. She cries out as Rilfar begins to beat her with the torn off arm.

Walks-In-Shadow crosses the the vampire as she lies dying on the ground.
"Your Master has failed you. But before you join the Dread Father you have a chance to repay him. Tell Me where is he weakest?"

The vampire, broken and bloody on the ground, just spits a globue of black blood as she dies.

The Grove is Cleared!
Featuring:

The Enslaver's Rod: Created by the Nords of old, this rod of ivory bears the words Compel, Command, and Enslave carved into it. It dominates whoever bears the chains it is a companion to, and lesser draugr heed the commands of the wielder. If bound as an artifact, it grants the gift A Thousand Loyal Troops with 3 Effort.
Can be used or destroyed for additional favor by the Great Stag! (Though he won't be upset whatever you do with it once the chains are off.)

5 Wealth in Grave Goods, including intricate ancient Nord horn-blower, a sapphire necklace, and an excellently carved statue that looks uncannily like Rilfar!

The Grove's waters have special properties known to increase healing, life, and ferility! Can be used in special projects!

Upon resting and healing, the Great Stag is willing to come to Girtek's aid if the need is great. If given a shrine and possibly other priviliges, would be willing to patrol the lands of Falkreath as in the days of old. Otherwise will wander around the World enjoying his freedom.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2022, 11:19:26 pm »

Girtek, of course, removes the chains from the Great Stag as soon as is possible. Their opinion is that the chains themselves should be destroyed, but that the command over lesser draugr that the rod grants could be helpful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2022, 11:22:14 pm »

Lleras flings fireballs at the Shadows and misses once again.

Spoiler: Lleras Hlaalu (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2022, 05:17:14 pm »

Krihrada sings a haunting note that causes the feathered shadow to experience a piercing agony as its being was invaded by a divine force. Words, images, and sounds flood its mind until it simply cannot contain them any further, and the creature expires, crumpling to a heap upon the floor.

Without pause Krihrada then turns her rapier upon the remaining shadow. With an expert thrust she lunges forward and spears its head upon her sword, from which its corpse limply hangs before she scoffs in disgust and prises it off with a bit of her power.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 05:29:07 pm by SOLDIER First »
Black lives matter.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2022, 10:33:12 pm »

Lleras flings fireballs at the Shadows and misses once again.

Spoiler: Lleras Hlaalu (click to show/hide)

Or rather, Lleras thought he missed until the fireball caught a sudden gust of wind from deeper within the fort. The breeze adjusted it just enough to explode in the face of the shadow hound. It and the scamp are consumed by flames, and their disconcerning cries echo through the halls as their shadowy flesh burns.
Deals 4 damage to both Shadows

Krihrada sings a haunting note that causes the feathered shadow to experience a piercing agony as its being was invaded by a divine force. Words, images, and sounds flood its mind until it simply cannot contain them any further, and the creature expires, crumpling to a heap upon the floor.

Without pause Krihrada then turns her rapier upon the remaining shadow. With an expert thrust she lunges forward and spears its head upon her sword, from which its corpse limply hangs before she scoffs in disgust and prises it off with a bit of her power.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

As the body of the Scamp hit the floor, the shadow dissolves into and inky blackness, devoid of form. And with the final death of the Shadow, the cold dampening presence on your divine powers disappears. As the danger fades, one could sense an oddness about the residue, constantly swirling about itself.

Remove Cold Breath of Sithis on your Essence and Gain 3 buckets of Shadow Residue (To keep or burn)

Ahead lies a spilt in the hallway. The main passage appears to go right, wide enough for carts to pass through. The other is a side passage with a heavy iron door blocking the way. A quick tug reveals it is locked.

The legionariares step forward. The woman points down the path to the right, eyes wide and face pale..

“Hagor lies that way, my lords. Just. . . prepare yourselves. He’s not a pretty sight. That door leads to the storeroom, they put things that need warded in there.”

She bows her head in regret, “I’m not sure what happened to the key, my apologies.”

What do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2022, 11:24:17 pm »

"What a curious residue," Lleras says, pondering the dark swirls in the Shadows' remains. "One of my new colleagues may find it of interest; it certainly merits further study. For the time being, I hope my Fire is enough to contain it and avoid further...trouble."

With that, Lleras encases the portions of Shadow Residue in protective cocoons of fire. (-Influence)

"As for where we go next, I believe we should see what we can do for Hagor first. There will always be time to pick through the storeroom later assuming this fort isn't one of those notorious self-collapsing ones from Lord Vanech's Building Commission."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2022, 02:22:50 am »

Breaks-the-Chain nods. "Perhaps the key will turn up later, as well. Things tend to get swept around in these old ruins."

March boldly to the right!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2022, 08:19:16 am »

”We have been delayed long enough as it is. I wish to see what Hagor has to say.”

Krihrada doesn’t even spare a look at the door as she follows Breaks-the-Chain down the hall.

”We have no need for the key. I can open that little thing as if it weren’t even there.”
Black lives matter.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2022, 12:07:56 pm »

The Fort

You proceed down the hallway, wide enough to bring a wagon through. Crates and barrels line the walls, but they lie opened and broken apart, contents scattered and scavenged.

You come into a wide broad room, ceiling high. In the center stands a raised dais. Above it a then jagged rent in reality spins, radiating a sickly purple light.

And in front of that lies a mound of flesh, about 3 meters high. It burns and gurgles as you approach. The legionary steps forward.

“Hagor, I brought… friends to see you. They killed the shadows, Hagor! They can help you!”
She eagerly explains.

Two eyes emerge from the pile, cold and bright as a winter sky, inspects your group of Godbound. They then return to your guide as a mouth emerges to form a broad haphazard face.

“Interesting friends you found, Tezia. You feel. . . Different.”

Tezia leans forward. “The gods have returned Hagor, they can take us away from this cursed place.”

The measuring eyes return to the Godbound.
“Gods, huh? Well, I am hardly in fit state right recieve such august company, but I am Hagor Jorson, Imperial Theurgist of the Fourth Circle, and the Way Master of Fort Sauntar, at your service.”

What do you do?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2022, 10:26:42 pm »

"Well met, Hagar Jorson. I am Lleras Hlaalu, Archmage Leyawiin underaffiliated Theurgist of the Third Circle, and of late, possibly a god. I can free you from your dependence on the fell energies of this place as I have done for your comrades, but I'm less sure about what to make of your current form. We should also do something about that...gateway to Oblivion up there. Would you happen to have any suggestions on how we should proceed?"

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2022, 11:33:47 pm »

"Well met, Hagar Jorson. I am Lleras Hlaalu, Archmage Leyawiin underaffiliated Theurgist of the Third Circle, and of late, possibly a god. I can free you from your dependence on the fell energies of this place as I have done for your comrades, but I'm less sure about what to make of your current form. We should also do something about that...gateway to Oblivion up there. Would you happen to have any suggestions on how we should proceed?"

Hagor fleshy mound body rumbles softly.
“Ahh, I was a Bruma man myself, Archmage. Its been a long time since someone came through here. I was in charge of the teleportation gate here.”

His eyes blink slowly.

“ Something broke, everything was perfect on our end. There was this. . . Scream. And the gate went black and strange Daedra started to crawl from it. We did our best to seal it, but the Padomatic energy was too much for our spells to contain. The apprentices died, and the energy corrupted my body into this disgusting pile you see before you.”

“It’s been years, our bodies partially subsist of the Padomatic energy radiated by the Rift. I haven’t been able to do much, I can’t cast spells in this condition.”

“My advice? Bury this place. I don’t know where the rift leads to, but I’ve heard the Shadows whispering and it’s nowhere good. Also, either help me or put me out of my misery, I’ve managed but would prefer not to spend eternity buried underground.”

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2022, 03:53:14 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about. You look fine.
At the cost of an effort, Tiros miraculously rewinds Hagor's time to before the rift opened, changing the past so that he was somehow fortunately shielded and spared the brunt of the Padomaic energy.
(That's pretty much me tapped out though. I'll have to rest before trying to do anything else.)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2022, 07:42:39 pm »

Time whirls,bends and shifts. The mound of distorted flesh disappears, and in its place stands an Imperial Theurgist, clothed in all his glory.  Hagor has a black beard streaked with a few strands of grey, cool blue eyes surveying you.

For a second the tension hangs thick in the air, until Tezia takes another step forward.

“Hagor, they said they would help you with the rift, you wouldn’t have to stand here anymore guarding it.”

He starts at the sight of the mutated legionary, and then glances behind him at it, the rift slowly spinning.

He doesn’t remember what happened, one second he was closing the rift spewing horrors and the next standing in a dusty room, with 3 strangers radiating power like he’s never seen before.

“What, what happened?”

What do you say?
A. Tell Hagor what you know.
B. Deceive him (what lie do you tell?)

Now that the flesh mound has disappeared, you notice that on a side wall hangs two triangular obsidian tokens. Engraved on the tokens are Solitude on one, and Windhelm on the other. There are various other scattered and opened crates, but nothing much of value here remains. You do see a key hanging from Hagor’s neck.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2022, 07:53:16 pm »

Hm. That didn't quite do what I expected. Well... those memories probably sucked anyway. Excuse me, miss, you know his story and what to explain better than we do. Would you mind filling him in?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14