Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11803 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2022, 03:36:19 am »

I'm less sanguine about it at under half HP, but I won't tell you guys not to if you can watch my back.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2022, 07:57:37 pm »

A wounded spirit, sneaky vampire, and probably some more desiccated corpses that won't stay still? Let's go.

Push on. Let's see what nefarious things are down here.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2022, 10:13:33 am »

The Fort
Lleras, Krihrada, Breaks-the-Chain, and Tiros descend into the depths after catching their breathe, pursuing the living shadows that assaulted them.

A long dark hallway stretched before them, but they carried fire with them, the two survivors tasked with carrying torches and Lleras keeping the fire steady.  And so they plunged into darkness.

And though they tried to remain hidden, the light pierced the gloom the Shadows wove over themselves. The three of them clustered on the ceiling of an intersection that the group arrived at.

You have moments to act before the shadows attack and/or flee.

What do you do?

Three Shadows, AC 6

The Grove.
Walks-in-Shadow, Girtek, Rilfar and Tiros delve into the barrows of the Grove. Here the defenses are sparser, the draugr in small groups easily dispatched by the four Godbound. Ancient tunic script guide them to the heart of the complex, where the Guardian of what would become Falkreath was held.

You pass the last gate, intricately carved, and you see the guardian.

It is a sorry sight.

The guardian is a massive stag, large as a mammoth. He lies on a smooth stone pedestal  in the middle of a pool of water, presumably from the similar source as the pool above. This water, however, is stained with blood.

The great stag lies wounded, great wounds covering the side of its neck. It is muzzled and bound with thick chains of ancient make. A spiked Collar winds it’s way round the neck of the creature, enchanted with tunes.  It lies there, panting as blood oozes from its wounds. Draugr stand there collecting the blood in great barrels. A wagon full of them lies to the side.

In front of the Beast stands a robed woman, with alabaster skin and raven hair. Walks-Shadow recognizes her lack of a heartbeat as a vampire. She holds an ancient Nordic rod in her hand, engraved with the Compel, Command, and Enslave in the old script. You can tell that it’s main purpose is to control those who wear the Collar wrapped around the Great Stag, but it could have broader uses.

She holds up a hand.

“Perhaps we can negotiate a deal here? You have overcome my Master’s warriors, and I have no desire to die for him. Let me go with the barrels we already collected and I’ll give you the control rod for the beast.”

What do you do?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 10:25:29 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2022, 12:58:59 pm »

Breaks-the-Chain lunged almost immediately, bringing his greatsword down on one of the pesky Shadows. He viewed this as more of a pest hunt than a battle, and would be pleasantly surprised if they stood and fought instead of scampering further into the depths.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2022, 07:13:32 pm »

Girtek lacks a proper "face" to read expressions from. Despite this, there is still some amount of body language from which emotion may be implied.

Let us take Girtek's current appearance as an example. As Girtek takes in the image and message of the vampiress standing over the great stag, the glow emitting from their crystal "eyes" has brightened by  few lumens, while the angle of dispersion has contracted, leaving the scene of Girtek's focus slightly more illuminated and purple than the rest of the chamber. Secondarily, there is a notable vibration in the accrued material that Girtek has used to compose their body; although it is small in magnitude, it is rapid enough to produce both a subtle humming sound as well as to cause Girtek's outline to appear vaguely blurry. The first is a sign of Girtek's elevated emotional state; the latter is a signal of disquiet or agitation.

Finally, Girtek is emitting an incomprehensible growling sound. This, however, does not technically properly fall under the umbrella of "nonverbal communication". It is, of course, a means of communication, but it is perfectly verbal, simply being in a language not used by almost any humanoid entities.

How dare she. How dare she? You were not made to be bound to the wills of those who would drain you dry, treat you as a simple resource to be exploited. You are a being of the wilds, born to run and roam freely, and to make your life or your death among the untamed world.
How
dare she do this to you?
Rise, great stag. You are bound by both chain and mind, and while I cannot free your body from where I stand, your mind, your soul, is mine to command. And I command you to
be free, to not listen to this greedy thief who would take and take and take from you until naught is left but the lifeless desert. Heed my word and decree, when I say that you must be free.

In conclusion, the most accurate analysis of Girtek's emotional state would be rage.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2022, 07:25:52 pm »

Grovecat
Tiros gives a subtle gesture which he hopes Girtek will understand as a warning not to be hasty, before answering the dead lady.
That sounds perfectly reasonable. I have no reason to want to kill you either. Hand over the, uh, stick and we'll go our separate ways, no problem.
(charisma roll: 18)

ETA:
If she assents, then, once the stick is well in hand and before the vampire and her wagon full of blood gets more than 100ft away, she accidentally trips, falling into the wagon, knocking it over, causing all the barrels to spill out and jostle open, and pouring all the blood out into the cold ground where it is lost forever. She probably tries to scoop it up ineffectually with her hands. Then maybe she cries. I'm sure it's very moving. We all definitely feel really bad and aren't laughing at her or anything.
(The World Against You, to-hit roll: 22)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 07:55:31 pm by Maximum Spin »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2022, 11:46:16 pm »

Lleras hurls balls of fire but fails to score a hit. As he prepares to chase the Shadows down, he shouts back to the survivors: "Legionaries! Watch our rear and keep everyone in the light! Especially Tiros; he's wounded!"

Spoiler: Lleras Hlaalu (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2022, 11:10:53 pm »

Negotiating with the vampire was distasteful, Walks-In-shadow looked over to Rilfar to see what he was going to do.
Just in case, he summoned his knives as his shadow cloak began to reform.

Name: Walks-in-shadow
HP: 14/14
AC: 1
Effort: 2-2/3
Active effects: Invincible defence against cold, Immune to poison, Knives Of Night, Welcoming The Dusk.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2022, 08:59:57 am »

Rilfar stares grumpily at his compatriots as they insist on taking the not-immediately-violent approach.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2022, 11:46:44 pm »

The Fort

Breaks-the-Chain lunged almost immediately, bringing his greatsword down on one of the pesky Shadows. He viewed this as more of a pest hunt than a battle, and would be pleasantly surprised if they stood and fought instead of scampering further into the depths.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Breaks-the-Chain lunges forward with their greatsword, cutting deep into the rolling black tar, which gave a final scream at the Godbound's sundering blow and dissolved into two goopy piles.

Kills Shadow of rolling tar.

Lleras hurls balls of fire but fails to score a hit. As he prepares to chase the Shadows down, he shouts back to the survivors: "Legionaries! Watch our rear and keep everyone in the light! Especially Tiros; he's wounded!"

Spoiler: Lleras Hlaalu (click to show/hide)

The two soldiers obey Lleras' orders eagerly, falling to the back as the Godbound mage casts a fireball that narrowly misses the two living shadows.

The two remaining shadows hiss in anger. The Scamp, grin replaced by a furious grimace, tears at the Argonian with its claws, drawing a little blood. However, the Hound leaps upon him also, bites and rips at Breaks-the Chain with terrible teeth and claws. Scamp deals 1 damage, Hound deals 4 and 2 for a combined total of 7 damage.

Tiros and Krihrada hold their actions, allowing them to act at the end of this round and then once more at beginning of next.

The Grove

Girtek lacks a proper "face" to read expressions from. Despite this, there is still some amount of body language from which emotion may be implied.

Let us take Girtek's current appearance as an example. As Girtek takes in the image and message of the vampiress standing over the great stag, the glow emitting from their crystal "eyes" has brightened by  few lumens, while the angle of dispersion has contracted, leaving the scene of Girtek's focus slightly more illuminated and purple than the rest of the chamber. Secondarily, there is a notable vibration in the accrued material that Girtek has used to compose their body; although it is small in magnitude, it is rapid enough to produce both a subtle humming sound as well as to cause Girtek's outline to appear vaguely blurry. The first is a sign of Girtek's elevated emotional state; the latter is a signal of disquiet or agitation.

Finally, Girtek is emitting an incomprehensible growling sound. This, however, does not technically properly fall under the umbrella of "nonverbal communication". It is, of course, a means of communication, but it is perfectly verbal, simply being in a language not used by almost any humanoid entities.

How dare she. How dare she? You were not made to be bound to the wills of those who would drain you dry, treat you as a simple resource to be exploited. You are a being of the wilds, born to run and roam freely, and to make your life or your death among the untamed world.
How
dare she do this to you?
Rise, great stag. You are bound by both chain and mind, and while I cannot free your body from where I stand, your mind, your soul, is mine to command. And I command you to
be free, to not listen to this greedy thief who would take and take and take from you until naught is left but the lifeless desert. Heed my word and decree, when I say that you must be free.

In conclusion, the most accurate analysis of Girtek's emotional state would be rage.

The Great Stag raises its head wearily and stares at Girtek. The atronach can sense the heartbreak of the Stag, a desire to wander fair fields and woods long denied to him. However much it may desire to aid you, the Collar only allows one master, and the Stag is too worn to defy it.

Girtek can sense a fading wish though. To be free, in one way or the other.

Grovecat
Tiros gives a subtle gesture which he hopes Girtek will understand as a warning not to be hasty, before answering the dead lady.
That sounds perfectly reasonable. I have no reason to want to kill you either. Hand over the, uh, stick and we'll go our separate ways, no problem.
(charisma roll: 18)

ETA:
If she assents, then, once the stick is well in hand and before the vampire and her wagon full of blood gets more than 100ft away, she accidentally trips, falling into the wagon, knocking it over, causing all the barrels to spill out and jostle open, and pouring all the blood out into the cold ground where it is lost forever. She probably tries to scoop it up ineffectually with her hands. Then maybe she cries. I'm sure it's very moving. We all definitely feel really bad and aren't laughing at her or anything.
(The World Against You, to-hit roll: 22)

The Vampire glances between the Godbound and nods. She believes the Tiros. She crouches down,

"Stag, if they attack me or approach before I leave the room, kill them."

The Great Stag groans and slowly climbs to its feet as the the Vampire places the rod on the ground and goes to the wagon laded with barrels of blood. However, on her way there she trips on a stone and careens into the wagon, sending it rolling forward until it crashes into a rock, which flips it on its side and barrels of divine blood crashing on the ground. The Vampire just sits there for a moment trembling before slowly getting to her feet and stumbling away, draugr in tow.

The Stag dully stares at the group, blood still slowly dripping down its matted fur.

What do you do?
Unless otherwise stated, will assume you wait for her to leave so you don't trigger the Stag, but that is up to you!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2022, 11:50:31 pm »

Once more, Girtek speaks, not in the tongues of man or mer, but in the wild tones of nature and element.

She bears no rod with which to command you- she has relinquished this right, even as if it were ever one she bore.
Heed me and be free.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:52:59 pm by Glass »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2022, 12:12:00 am »

Breaks-the-Chain hisses in pain and surprise.

"So! A bit of fire left after all, eh? But you stand against a Lord of Life!"

Swing and miss at the Hound Shadow (11 to hit)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2022, 10:10:05 am »

With the rod now secure and the OK given from the rest of the group, Rilfar gleefully launches himself at the vampire, spending 2 Effort to use Loosening God's Teeth. 1d20 (4) + 6 = 10, damage 1d12 (9) + 4= 13, so at the moment that's 4 damage to the Vampire...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2022, 12:34:00 pm »

Once more, Girtek speaks, not in the tongues of man or mer, but in the wild tones of nature and element.

She bears no rod with which to command you- she has relinquished this right, even as if it were ever one she bore.
Heed me and be free.

As Girtek commands the Great Stag to be free, his divine power breaking the control of the rod, the mighty beast’s eyes brighten and it shakes its ponderous head. He lets out a deep roar that has his former master picking up her pace. He settles and glares at Rilfar, taking a thunderous step forward.

Girtek can feel the thoughts and emotions. Joy at being free if even for a moment, and a hatred of his enslavers. Rilfar carries their blood, that of the iron-hearted Nords who came to what would be known as Falkreath, broke the Great Stag, and forged the chains that kept their “guardian” subservient.

Girtek can see a determination rise within the Stag to see some manner of restitution taken in blood from its oppressors (Rilfar being the closest representative), as it takes another step forward and lowers its head.

What do you do?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2022, 12:53:14 pm »

Girtek’s light dims briefly in mourning for the Great Stag’s long and fraught trials, before brightening in resolve. Once more, Nirn’s voice resounds from their form.

What has been done to you shall not be forgiven. Those who have bound you shall be punished. But understand: Rilfar will assist us in this. Your quarrel is not with him, but with those who have conquered this land.
And know this: should any again suggest that you or your kin should be bound, I shall be the first to stand in their way, no matter who they may be.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14