Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11818 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2022, 10:49:30 am »

From the shadows, a tide of water emerge. Walks-In-Shadow summoned forth a great ride of water, a sudden tsunami of water that crashed forth and swept around and through the raging combatants. It swirled around those living, but crashed into the undead with thousands of pounds of force. Many were crushed by the force, and others broken from being flung into the surrounding walls and trees. A draugr is swept by Tiros, who with a casual swipe from his claws breaks the undead’s neck. 2 damage against Deathlord, 6 damage to Scourges and Draugr. 1 Fray damage from Tiros.

As the water subsided the bears and wolves set upon the beraggled undead trying to climb to their feet. The regular draugr are quickly torn apart under the fang and claws of the bears. The antlered captain shivers with a dark power, and the bear's paws find no purchase on the Deathlord’s shimmering armor. It fades in time for a wolf to gnaw at the back of the Deathlord’s leg before being brushed away by an irritated swing.  Bears deal 2 damage to Scourges and Draugr, finishing off the regular Draugr. Wolves deal  1 damage to Scourge and Deathlord.

Rilfar rushes the Deathlord and strikes his axe, but the Deathlord parries the attack. Tiros jumps in as well, but his claws scratch only against hard armor.

Girtek loads his crossbow and shoots the Deathlord. 2 Damage to Deathlord.

The scourges, bogged down in mud and water, attempt to coalesce and turn back the tide of beasts, but are overwhelmed by the bears roaring their defiance. Scourges deal no damage, destroyed by Bears

The Deathlord, his host destroyed, swears vengeance in his ancient tongue, his blade coming alive with a black fire. His blade flashes forth, only to be caught by Rilfar’s armored bracer. The metal bends, black fire coursing against steel and flesh, but Rilfar’s arm holds unnaturally steady, not being forced back an inch by the force of the blow. Deathlord damage deals 8 damage, but is blocked by Rilfar (-1 effort for day)

His attack stopped, the Deathlord stumbles back, only to be slammed into by a charging bear. The undead’s cry is cut short by a roar and the sound of teeth tearing into undead flesh.

The Godbound stand victorious over the Grove, defenders broken and scattered across the sacred space. The pool is still pristine, despite the bone and blood sent flying during the battle.

The
 ornate entrance to the depths of the Grove lies ahead, white marble engraved with ancient Nordic script and images, steps leading down into the dark.

What do you do?

(Bears at 17/18 health, Wolves at 15/24)

She turns to the two Godbound, "We would take you to Hagor. If anyone deserves help, its him. He helped seal the . . . gate the Shadows came from, so they hate him."

She does look nervous as she says this. "The Shadows won't like it, but he's been through so much. . . Will you help him?"
"Yes, certainly! But it wouldn't do to charge in blind, literally or otherwise. You wouldn't happen to have any further insights on the Shadows in particular, would you? Do you suppose, based on what you've seen of the Shadows so far, that bringing additional torches down would help at all? Maybe particularly fiery torches, which I predict would also have the wonderful side-effect of granting you unmatched strength? Shame about the Ebonach, really, it would have helped a lot. I suppose you could tie plates from its wreck to make makeshift armor, but the Shadows don't seem like they'd be particularly deterred...If we survive this, you're more than welcome to sell them off, of course. No doubt they'll fetch great prices anywhere with the recent mine collapses..."

She shivers.
“The Shadows… we resisted them at first. But they were persistent, turned us against each other. They killed the strongest of us, told us that we deserved the curse. They dislike fire, that is to be sure.”
She looks determined.
“They have ruined us for long enough.”

Initially unwilling to involve herself in speaking to the two surviving soldiers, Krihrada finds an opportunity to sate some of her personal curiosity.

”While you’re at it, I want you to tell— us” (she was about to say “me”) ”everything you know about the ritual carried out here and the effects its magic has had upon you. Include every possible detail you can.”

Out loud it sounds a little more demanding than she is comfortable with, so she adds, ”It may, er, expedite the process of finding a permanent solution to your problem.”

She turns to answer Krihrada.
“I was a simple soldier, most of the mages and officers died shortly afterward. But we handled transportation to more dedicated Theurgic sites. Not sure what came in that day, Hagor would know more, but from what I hear the teleporters just. . . broke and those shadows came out instead.

What do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2022, 10:59:27 am »

Girtek waves, gesturing for the bears and wolves to stand down, before looking over the scene contemplatively.
Should we bury them? You know, give them last rites and that sort of thing. Does that apply for the undead?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2022, 11:02:48 am »

They already had their last rites but, well, the most ancient of Nordic dead tend not to stay dead when buried in these tombs. Even without the help of a necromancer. We should certainly burn their bodies, though, to prevent them from being reanimated or otherwise defiled again. Mind creating some wood and oil to make a funeral pyre?

Have the wolves and bears drag the bodies together, onto a pyre. Probably a finely crafted one, considering who we've got here.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2022, 11:26:14 am »

Girtek looks a bit concerned.
Ah, I am afraid that I cannot make flammable materials without starting from a flammable base. Which would mean either making use of the corpses themselves - oil is, after all, organic in origin - which may defeat the purpose of the final respects, or else using wood from the trees - and given this grove is supposed to be holy in some capacity, I am uncertain that such would be advisable.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 04:10:35 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2022, 05:01:15 pm »

There are still perfectly profane trees outside. I don't think these guys are going anywhere today, so it doesn't need to be the immediate priority, right?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2022, 05:17:07 pm »

Just go ahead and convert some parts of the bodies to something even more flammable, as need be. They've already been completely desecrated and we've already scattered pieces and blood all over the place anyway; this is as much a very necessary precaution as it is a last rite.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2022, 05:42:03 pm »

Understood.
Girtek gathers the shed blood, various severed limbs, and the fur of some of his wolves slain by the draugr; the fur and limbs are fashioned into wood-like poles, while the blood is "strained" into an oily, flammable fluid that Girtek then spreads over the poles and scatters over the dead.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2022, 09:22:27 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow strolls over to the entrance and looks in. "Do you want me to scout ahead while you deal with the bodies?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2022, 06:27:52 pm »

”I see. Your assistance is appreciated.” Krihrada is not able to stave a hint of disappointment from entering her tone. ”In that case, we would indeed speak to this Hagor,” she says, turning to her companions, ”if there is nothing else to be done at the moment.”
Black lives matter.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2022, 11:24:52 pm »

They already had their last rites but, well, the most ancient of Nordic dead tend not to stay dead when buried in these tombs. Even without the help of a necromancer. We should certainly burn their bodies, though, to prevent them from being reanimated or otherwise defiled again. Mind creating some wood and oil to make a funeral pyre?

Have the wolves and bears drag the bodies together, onto a pyre. Probably a finely crafted one, considering who we've got here.

Understood.
Girtek gathers the shed blood, various severed limbs, and the fur of some of his wolves slain by the draugr; the fur and limbs are fashioned into wood-like poles, while the blood is "strained" into an oily, flammable fluid that Girtek then spreads over the poles and scatters over the dead.

The gathering of the bodies for the pyre affords an opportunity to breathe, before continuing onward into the depths of the Grove barrow. The bears and wolves help gathering the bodies and materials, as Girtek fashions a pyre from the already ruined bodies, the atronach careful not to disturb the sacred grove that bore witness to the battle.

The pyre burns eagerly the bodies of the draugr, wolf, and bear alike. There was also a good amount of ancient equipment gathered, most of it not really worth using currently, except for the scourge's and deathlord's armor. (3 Wealth Scourge Armaments gathered).

Walks-In-Shadow strolls over to the entrance and looks in. "Do you want me to scout ahead while you deal with the bodies?"

The stairs descend into a twisting winding darkness, which yield before your eyes of course. With your water sense active earlier, you detected a massive beast underground. The heart beat was slow, and you could feel a small stream of blood leaving it. You did not feel any persons alive down there, except for the barely moving blood that you recognized as a vampire.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2022, 09:53:26 pm »

"There's something down there. Probably this Great Stag that we're looking for. We should hurry, I think it's bleeding out from a wound and I doubt that vampire is going to help."
(With combat over I'll swap Knives of night for the water sense again.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2022, 10:04:18 pm »

The lights of Girtek’s “eyes” flare up. They seem ready to dash away until the vampire is mentioned, but they remain visibly on edge.
Show us the way, with utmost haste. I cannot allow such a grand creature to perish when I could save it.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2022, 12:55:52 am »

If Krihrada, Breaks-the-Chain, and Tiros are in decent enough condition, vote for pursuing the shadows downstairs. Otherwise, vote for resting, possibly in here with a bright enough light/fire to keep the Shadows at bay.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2022, 12:58:07 am »

Breaks-the-Chain votes for pursuit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2022, 01:00:31 am »

Krihrada also votes for pursuit.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14