Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11825 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2022, 08:39:48 pm »

It would be wise to build up some resources before we attempt a full-blown coup. Revolt? Regardless, I do wish to visit the old sacred place and investigate the barrows beneath. It's not like our enemies are preparing for our attack, since I'm not even supposed to be alive anymore, now that Helgen is destroyed. Might as well be as prepared as possible.

Gear up for an expedition to the Grove, I guess. I'll wait for anyone else who wants to join, in case they, say, wish to craft black iron servitors or non-super-punch-related shenanigans.

Foolish wizards and their need to prepare for combat. How laughable. :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2022, 08:44:05 pm »

Girtek will accompany Rilfar to the Grove. Primarily to conduct recruitment.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 01:48:04 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2022, 10:18:34 pm »

"Thinking it over, Fort Sauntar is the location I would most like to investigate," Krihrada says, thumbing her chin. "I hold no love for Daedric Princes or their misguided followers, so I would prefer to stay away from a shrine devoted to one of the most fickle and untrustworthy of them all. As for this Grove... well, I am not exactly a proponent of devotion, either. Such a place is a better fit for someone more spiritually-minded than myself."

"Now, the supposed home of a theurgic ritual gone horribly awry, publicly known to kill any mortal that dares go near, the twisted remnants of the experimentation that took place within wandering its grounds forever... I wish to see firsthand the results of this ritual, and perhaps whatever sort of theurgic knowledge was kept there. If nothing else, it shall be quite the interesting excursion, I say."
She smiles, just a little.
"I concur. Large beasts leave large footprints, and this sounds like it was a dangerous thing indeed."

Head to Fort Sauntar and start poking!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2022, 12:36:03 am »

Assuming the pantheon gets a week to prepare, Lleras commits Effort at the beginning of the timeskip to begin assembling an Ebonach from transmuted ebony:
Spoiler: Ebonach (click to show/hide)
During what downtime he gets (up to 4 hours total), Lleras also carves up to 4 charges' worth of crude wands. They are crude enough to need to be snapped, burned, or otherwise destroyed to be used.
Spoiler: Wand production (click to show/hide)

Having thus prepared, Lleras joins the party!

"Thinking it over, Fort Sauntar is the location I would most like to investigate," Krihrada says, thumbing her chin. "I hold no love for Daedric Princes or their misguided followers, so I would prefer to stay away from a shrine devoted to one of the most fickle and untrustworthy of them all. As for this Grove... well, I am not exactly a proponent of devotion, either. Such a place is a better fit for someone more spiritually-minded than myself."

"Now, the supposed home of a theurgic ritual gone horribly awry, publicly known to kill any mortal that dares go near, the twisted remnants of the experimentation that took place within wandering its grounds forever... I wish to see firsthand the results of this ritual, and perhaps whatever sort of theurgic knowledge was kept there. If nothing else, it shall be quite the interesting excursion, I say."
She smiles, just a little.
"As daedric advocate, I'd like to say we're capable of defeating even Clavicus Vile's trickery with our powers combined. That being said, with horrific daedric mutants reported in the area, Fort Sauntar is a more immediately pressing concern, and studying it could help shed some light on theurgic happenings, so off we go!"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2022, 01:46:20 am »

Tiros tags along with as many individual actions and excursions as physically possible during the week, always making sure to grab loose loot.

On the first day, after discussing with his comrades, he said, Girtek will strike out at random in the woods and, by luck, find the most bear-infested place in Skyrim.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 02:12:23 am by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2022, 02:21:31 am »

Oh! That sounds most excellent! I look forward to visiting this location.

It should not be possible for somebody without a proper face to look this pleased about something, and it is certainly not natural for anybody to be this pleased about encountering a cavalcade of bears. Nevertheless, Girtek accomplishes both.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2022, 04:16:42 pm »

Weeklong Actions:
-Spend Effort to transmute 10x10x10 cubes of glass or ebony as needed
-Reserve enough ebony for the golem
-Spend most of the day trawling bandit camps for loot and recruits
-At the end of the day, craft ebony or glass into customized (and stylized!) +1 counts-as-magic weapons and armor for any bandits, bears, or other miscellaneous entities we may have recruited
-If I can transmute into ruby, at some point craft myself a beautiful set of heavy armor (-Ref, -Spirit) and greatsword of solid ruby; otherwise do so with ebony
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2022, 06:06:13 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow spends the week visiting the outlying villages. Playing his music and getting a picture of the holds situation. Arriving in Falkreath itself he visits the tavern to see if they have an opening for a bard.

(Is this an acceptable use of Influence? and if so how much does it cost?)

Walks-In-Shadow was impressed by the orphans, especially Astrid with her desire to be sneaky. Visiting her in her dreams he kept an eye on how they were doing and gave her further training in stealth as well as any other of his arts she showed an inclination for.  She was a bit old to start, but he thought she'd catch up.
(He was just going to share his skills, but I noticed this could come off much creepier than intended. Probably best to avoid it.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 03:10:38 am by Sudurandom »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2022, 11:21:38 am »

The Pantheon decides to take some time to prepare for their excursions into Falkreath. Walks-In-Shadow heads off, disguised as a bard, as Girtek and Tiros go off to call animals to their service.

Rilfar: Preparing for the Grove, Rilfar gathers together the traditional woad and begins to paint his body in the traditional way. The war leaders of old would paint themselves this way before battle or important ritual, and Rilfar may soon be facing both.

Lleras forges his Ebonach over the course of a week, a towering golem assembled from the blocks of ebony, wielding a greatsword and exuding menace and danger. One never feels cold around the Ebonach, and its daedric ornamentation strikes fear into those unprepared to see it.
His wands, crafted in his “breaks” in the creation of his servitor, are made without a hitch.

Girtek prepares by striking out into the woods and gathering as many beasts as he can. A prophecy by Tiros bears fruit as he stumbles into a bear gathering place. Girtke returns after a week, around 150 wolves in tow and around 40 bears.

Gain a Vast pack of wolves, and a Large Troop of bears.

Breaks-the-Chain initially creates a cube of pure ebony from which Lleras gathers the materials for his Ebonach. He then travels to bandit camps and hideouts, guided by the hand of prophecy to viable targets. The Argonian god gathers some loot, accumulating 3 Wealth in Trade goods and from the more . . . resistant bandits equipment. However, many take the opportunity to volunteer into the god’s service.
At the end of the week, Breaks-the-Chain commands a Vast Mob of Bandits, who receive beautifully crafted equipment.
Breaks-the-Chain also attempts to forge a set of gear out of solid ruby, but the crystal cannot be summoned forth, so he settles for ebony instead.

Walks-in-Shadow spends time in the outlying villages of the hold. He sees grey and dour people, who are always wary. They are thin, their wealth and food extracted by heavy handed guards and taxes.In the taverns they drink heavily, but the mood only darkens as the night grows long. Walks-in-Shadow does what he can, but the brightened mood only lasts for the evening before he continues on his way.

He does hear rumors, however, of those chosen by black-robed agents of the Jarl, and taken away and never seen again. They target men, women, and children, and often the fairest of those. They do not appear to be sent to the Hold, but rather east into the mountains.

This would lead to riots, he has heard, except for the efforts of the priestesses of Kyne, who preach patience and perseverance to the people. Thura Odgeirdotr, the head priestess, is said to be fighting on their behalf and is well-loved by the people. She was a high ranking member of the Companions, a famous group of warriors, before retiring to Falkreath. The taxes and depreditations have indeed decreased somewhat from the start, and the Jarl does seem to not take those who attend her sermons regularly.

The Hold itself is defended by stout wooden walls, with the central keep surrounded by stone. Here the the undead are more evident, with dried faces constantly on watch from the Keeps walls. There are numerous secret entrances into the city, and Walks-in-Shadow has found a secret entrance into the keep itself.

While Jarl Faris does not appear to be a Vampire, he certainly does not have a heart, and is powered by some time of dark magic. Vampires do abound in his court, however. They come no where close to detecting Walks-in-Shadow, though some do seem to pause momentarily,a s if catching a hint of scent on the wind, before carrying on with their purpose.
   However, the Jarl’s chambers are too warded and guarded for an easy incursion, and Walks-in-Shadows does not risk the discovery and returns to the camp.

Fort Sauntar
In a valley between the mountains lies Fort Sauntar. Its towers rise higher than natural, and as the Godbound approach they can feel the divine presences flicker, like candles in a wind.Their powers take more effort to call to hand in this place.
Costs 1 Effort to overcome the Cold Breath emanating from this place

The Godbound come to black iron doors barring the way into the fortress. On it is carved a relief   of White-Gold Tower, with a circle of mages around it, radiating power. The stone walls rise above their heads, crumbling stones poorly maintained.

The Grove of Falkreath
   A few miles outside the city, deep in an old wood, lies the Grove of Falkreath. The Godbound approach went unnoticed through the wood. The Grove has two parts, the Sacred Springs on top, accessible through a winding path, and the Barrows beneath. Rilfar had visited the Sacred Springs several times, but the way to the Barrows was always barred. They were hopeful that the secondary entrance to the Barrows would be unguarded, but a detachment of the undead stood watch over that entrance.
   Two paths stand available, one through the Sacred Springs and from there into the Barrows, or the side entrance directly into the tombs. Both ways are guarded by the undead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2022, 03:06:04 pm »

Breaks-the-Chain glanced at his companions. He wasn't accustomed to traveling with those who shared his enthusiasm for ancient secrets. It should prove an interesting experience.

"Well then, let's find where their ambition led."

No need to be coy, just open the doors and enter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2022, 10:06:01 pm »

Weeklong Actions
-Constructing a greater animunculus to serve her personally [8 HD servitor; cost 2 wealth to produce and 1 ongoing Influence to maintain]
-Creating another animunculus with Spark of Life [4 HD greater undead-equivalent]

Krihrada's first creation is a grand thing, akin to the centurions her people were known to leave guarding their most valuable ruins, but with divine energy woven in as a shortcut where proper machinery was unavailable or insufficient. Smaller than a true centurion and suitably more dextrous, it possesses proper hands and the ability to manipulate fine tools. Intelligent, obedient, and helpful, it is tasked with maintaining equipment and assisting construction, fine crafts, smithing, and general work. It obeys commands from all members of the pantheon and will accept requests from their followers (such as Breaks-the-Chain's bandits) if such does not contradict the word of a Godbound. She names it Duazak ("Our Engineer").

Her second is much less unique - a man-sized animunculus of stone wielding a hammer and a shield, constructed to accompany the group to Fort Sauntar. It has no formal name but will respond to general address from Krihrada, Lleras, Breaks-the-Chain, and Tiros for the duration of the trip.

"Indeed. Let's," she agrees, following Breaks-the-Chain's lead.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 12:13:06 am by SOLDIER First »
Black lives matter.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2022, 10:15:02 pm »

Once the army was collected, Girtek spent some time creating armor for all of the new recruits - not only the bandits, but for the bears and wolves as well. It was mostly made of dirt, grass, and wood, ultimately coming out to a sort of overgrown-terracotta appearance that smelled rather earthy. Odd, but certainly functional. The humanoid soldiers were given whatever sort of equipment they requested, while the animals were all fitted out with light barding.

Near the Grove, Girtek and the rest of the team received news about the undead guard situation from one of the wolves; their armor had been stripped for the mission so as not to attract attention. A wolf, naturally, was of less note to the guards than an interloping person.

What do you suggest, Rilfar? You know this locale better than I do.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2022, 11:33:41 pm »

The state of the hold was disturbing. Previously he'd been working to help his pantheon mate, but now he saw the people needed this.
His excursion into the false Jarl's stronghold had served it's primary purpose. He'd seen the Thane who'd helped Rilfar. Now he could find her dreams.
(Miracle for Speaker In Dreams. If the shared dream can contact more than one person at a time I'll bring in any pantheon members who are asleep at the time.)

The Thane found herself on the streets of an idealised Falkreath. The buildings clean and in good repair, the plants green and healthy. Walks-In-Shadow stands before her and bows.
"Welcome Thane. I am Walks-In-Shadow, your rightful Jarl Rilfar has sent me to convey his respects and ask you for your help in reclaiming his hold."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2022, 12:07:06 am »

It was a bit of a curious thing, which he had never tried before.

Tiros stood with his companions before the great doors of the Fort. On the day before leaving, he had prophesied, We will find powerful magical secrets hidden in the Fort, including something which will help us win Falkreath - and we'll all survive the trip.

Today, though, his companions were clearly in no further need of words, and his effort was already heavily invested, so he simply said nothing and followed them inside.

···break the dragon

···become the dragon

Tiros stood with his companions along the way to the Grove, riding a wolf. On the day before leaving, he had prophesied, We will find great wealth amid the Barrows, and ancient sacred artifacts, including something which will help us win Falkreath - and we'll all survive the trip.

Today he only said, though he was not asked, I can't help but think we would miss out if we skipped the Springs themselves. What if there really is a Great Stag?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2022, 02:22:15 pm »

Swear all the bandits to our service, all of them find their oaths magically binding. I am going to go through the Grove itself, I wish to see the sacred place and meet the guardian.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14