Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC  (Read 11805 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« on: January 27, 2022, 05:30:02 pm »

Godbound

Dragon flames. Time will warp. Screams and spells cast into the sky

You awake in your cell, surrounded by damp stone walls. To your left and right lie bodies dessicated by age and time. You notice around their necks black metal collars, shimmering with malice and magic. You raise a hand to your own neck, and at your touch the collar wrapped tight around it crumbles to dust.

You are a prisoner in Helgen, an outpost at the border of the Empire and Skyrim. You don’t know how long you’ve been imprisoned (131 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes, 27 seconds for Hlaalu, and 36 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes, and 54 seconds for Tiros) , you just remember the Dragon attack breaking the mundanity, the shouts of alarm and the roar of the dragon. Then it got. . . hazy.

You feel different now. Your senses feel alive, and Words rattle around in your mind, Words that feel like they were always there and just waiting for you to WAKE UP.

You are all in a similar situation, each in a separate cell in the same hallway. Your bindings are undone, but the rusty cell doors are still shut and locked. For now the hallway is empty, to the east is the guard station, and to the west lies a storage room where you are pretty sure your things are kept.

You have all of your powers and abilities chosen on your character sheet.  How do you feel different?

Girtek awakens to life in somewhat different circumstances, in the storage room, body forming out of the discarded tools and stone, his gem humming to life. The room is cluttered with chests and various crates. Girtek  is alone in the room.

And with that the game begins! Feel free to post your actions, generally I’ll resolve them in posting order, but you can put qualifiers like going first or last, or wait until your cell doors are opened.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Oh, and Tiros' cell door somehow became unhinged in the attack, and falls with a clatter onto the ground.

Elder Scrolls Godbound OOC
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 12:08:32 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls: Godbound IC
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 05:30:21 pm »

Reserved.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 05:46:40 pm »

Breaks-the-Chain felt... active. Like a snake hunting for prey, or water flowing through a newly opened gap. He felt unnaturally vital in body and mind, but beyond that he felt like a thing in motion, as if even holding still physically would not stop some avalanche or clockwork mechanism at work here.

So through the door he went. Whether by lockpick, heavy shoulder, or simple spell, he no longer had any faith in this door stopping him. Or any other, for that matter.

Get through the door and locate my possessions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 07:09:33 pm »

What a lucky break. Of course, it's no more than I deserve, really. A true lucky break would have included not being locked up here in the first place! Unless that was the Plan all along...
Head east, steal keys, and return to unlock the doors. After all, kindness repays itself. Collect my stuff when convenient, if I even have anything worth collecting.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 07:32:30 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow awoke, the cold dark cell feeling much more comfortable and a strange awareness filling his mind. With his hands free of restraints he was finally able to reach his hidden lockpick, and he started to work on the door.
Engage Secrets of the Deep, pick the lock and go to retrieve my gear.

Spoiler: Secrets of the Deep (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 08:57:40 pm »

Another prison. Another indefinite stay. How many times would she have to suffer the same ordeal before the universe was satisfied with her torment? And this thing around her neck--

The collar shut around her throat turned to dust, and Krihrada experienced a sense of overwhelming certainty. Certainty in her own intelligence, the skills and learning she had obtained throughout her life, and her magical abilities, Tonal or otherwise. She was fundamentally the same, but with so, so much potential for more. She thought - no, she knew - that there was no longer any problem she could not solve with enough dedication and thought.

Such as the door to her cell, for example. Locked, and impossible to open by hand. But why bother, when the door could simply unlock itself? A moment's focus; a single note upon Aurbis; the barest hint of the monumental effort she could now expend, and the door was Open as if it hadn't been locked at all.

She steps through its threshold, invigorated, mind racing with thoughts of what to do next. A grand opportunity had befallen her, and she had no intention of wasting it. But first: her possessions.

Krihrada opens the door to her cell with her Mastery of Animunculi and retrieves her belongings.

Black lives matter.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 09:40:04 pm »

A crash came from the storeroom. And another, and another.
Something was going on in there.

Girtek stood up amid a pile of clutter. There were... hmn.
That probably used to be a barrel. The sharp 90-degree angles on that indicated it had previously been a box. There were... 28 daggers visible, potentially more in the room concealed under rubble or stored in undamaged containers... they looked around the room. Definitely none in undamaged containers, but potentially some in less-damaged containers. Not that it was likely relevant. Also a variety of other pieces of equipment scattered around the room, though none of them really seemed to call to Girtek.
Ah, there was a broken bow over there. A few rats were dragging it over, how nice of them! Girtek knelt down to take it from them, and they stroked the head of the largest one - the alpha, perhaps? The critter leaned into Girtek's mossy stone hand, accepting the affection, before the lot of them skittered off. Leaving Girtek with a broken bow and a large variety of other raw materials.

Shortly thereafter, Girtek held a crossbow - cogs worked from rusted barrel bindings, stock made from an entire axe (the head, in fact, was still mounted on the bottom), and they wore a set of light armor made from layers upon layers of infinitely-thin slices of wood, topped off by a grey-and-brown cloak of rippling rusted wire. The floor, naturally, was clean. It would be quite rude to not clean up the mess they made, after all.

Girtek looked themselves over. Aged stone, water-warped wood, a few highlights of rusted metal. Their joints appeared to mostly be chainmail, or other materials shaped alike it. Interesting, albeit ultimately unimportant.

Above, the ceiling rumbled, and gravel and dust dropped; a few pieces stuck to them. A muffled roar could be vaguely heard. Girtek looked up.
Fascinating.

They pushed open the door.

Girtek does some Word stuff, makes their starting equipment, and exits the storeroom.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 01:08:50 pm »

Rilfar looked around at the dust still falling from the ceiling, and decided that now made a good time to make a break for it. Words might be rattling around in his skull, but those could wait. Probably.

The present takes priority. He reached up, and wrenched a bar out of the cell door. Not his preferred weapon, but a nice length of iron would still break whatever it was swung at, at least until he could get his trusty axe back from wherever they'd stashed it.

Tear a bar from the door, exit the cell, and head to the room with our stuff, retrieve mine.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 06:45:56 pm »

For all his optimistic bluster and impassioned argumentation back at the Leyawiin guild hall, Lleras never had any illusions about his mission's prospects. Between the proverbial Nordic disdain for magic and the ongoing chaos that was the Race for the Thrones, he had to concede that his detractors were right to be cautious in the Guild's time of need. Nevertheless, he hadn't expected to be so derailed so dramatically this early, just past the Jerall. Truth be told, at least in hindsight, even the dark, cramped prison seemed a comfort compared to the arrival of a dragon, itself probably a pale shadow of some grand, incomprehensible brawl in the heavens for the throne of the damnable Auriel (or whatever the misguided locals called him).

Anyway, some freedom was better than no freedom, and not having to deal with the ignorant magistrates who couldn't be bothered to ferret out a local necromancer properly was always a bonus. Drawing on his newfound trickle of magicka, Lleras called upon the principle of Fire and began straining against two promisingly scuffed and rusty bars as they began glowing with a red heat...

Lleras uses a magical fire attack to weaken and separate the bars on his cell.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 07:19:01 pm »

(Miracle) As luck would have it, at least one escape attempt falls short, making Tiros' beneficence worthwhile.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 11:43:27 pm »

The newly empowered prisoners begin to try to escape the bars of their cell, all except for Tiros, whose cell door miraculously came free. Tiros moves to the jailer's station and snags a ring of keys conveniently left in their jailer's haste.

Meanwhile, the other prisoners did not sit idle. Breaks-the-Chains managed to quickly create multiple lockpicks in quick succession, but each one broke as the Argonian tried picking the lock. Breaks-the-Chains began to bash the door with his shoulder, and it began to bend with the pressure, but managed to hold long enough for Tiros to reach the door and unlock it with his liberated keys.

The rest of the prisoners were more successful on their own. Walks-in-Shadow confidently fiddled with lock and the cell door swung open easily after a moment. Krihrada strode out soon after Tiros did, her own door swinging open of its own accord, divine power easing her path. Rilfar easily tore a bar from the cell door and pried the door open, hinges popping at his might. Lleras blasted the door with fire, magicka coming eagerly to his beckoning and bars melting before him.

The prisoners gathered themselves and headed for the storeroom, as the door opened and the last member of the pantheon presented themselves, Girtek, an atronach formed from stone, wood, and metal. Perhaps there was a moments hesitation, but the prisoners moved quickly and secured their possessions, quickly putting on their clothing and strapping weapons their sides or back.

There are a few unclaimed possesions, mostly bundles of clothes, though there is a bow and a chipped sword. The most valuable is a silver ring, with a minor resist fire enchantment.

Walks-in-Shadow, attuned to the water moving in all things, notices that someone is moving back down the stairs and will soon be on the level of the dungeon.

Several floors above he senses dozens moving up to and fro. The attack seems to have passed, but they are still distracted and perhaps putting out fires, judging from the buckets of water being drawn and thrown.

The Shadowscale also can sense a stream flowing nearby underground, not too far away. Some of it is being channeled into a reservoir close by.

Tiros noted the staircase at the end of the hall. The smell of smoke wafted from the stair leading up, and a hint of damp air leading down.

Everyone successfully escapes their cells and has their equipment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2022, 11:51:56 pm »

The atronach appears to be standing around awkwardly. Then, a strange vibration seems to start in the crystal lodged in their head, before:
Ah, salutations? I am Girtek.
I am afraid I have only just awoken, so if any of you might be able to elucidate me regarding the present situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2022, 11:57:48 pm »

Walks-In-Shadow puts on his weapons and grabs his traveling pack, noticing the smashed instrument it had been dropped on. "Those louts broke my lute!"

He speaks to Girtek. "We were being held in a dungeon, and it sounds like there's a dragon attacking up on the surface."
His head snaps round as he senses the movement on the stairs, and a shard of darkness coalesces in his hand.
"We've got company coming. I think it's just one person for the moment."
Activate Knives of night.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:45:35 pm by Sudurandom »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 12:03:34 am »

They tilt their head.
I... believe I see. Very well.

They then walk over to the argonian, and kneel beside them. When they stand up, they are holding a lute. There appears to be a pattern of cracks that have been filled with stone; how is unclear.
Would this be approximately the proper appearance?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 12:21:58 am »

Walks-In-Shadow blinks in surprise as he takes the lute.
"Yes, it is.  That's very impressive. Of course the real test is how it sounds, but I don't think we have time for that."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:45:57 pm by Sudurandom »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14