Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megabeast Monarch = Competition Spam?  (Read 1746 times)

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megabeast Monarch = Competition Spam?
« on: January 25, 2022, 10:20:36 pm »

Whenever a megabeast, semi-megabeast, or a monster becomes monarch of a civ, they seem to spend the rest of their immortal lives holding competitions... often times with themselves as the only competitor. Why is this? Is the megabeast/monster trying to kill people but- as the leader of that civ's residents- the game treats it as a non-lethal competition? And the beast simply cannot compute this fact, so it keeps attempting to fruitless kill people?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: Megabeast Monarch = Competition Spam?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 02:37:00 am »

Established civilisations usually have anual festivals, which may include competitions.  Similar to your megabeasts, I have seen (unmodded) goblin masters travel all the way to the dwarven mountainhome for crossbow-throwing, every year.  I have never heard of a one-person competition, though.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast Monarch = Competition Spam?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 03:37:22 am »

I don't know how megabeasts could become monarchs, as they're not sapient.

When it comes to one man (or creature) competitions, I think those are artifacts of the legend recording system, so they're actually competitions with multiple participants, but the rest of the participants are not hist figs, and so remain invisible. If one of the non hist figs would win I believe they would have become hist figs.