Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Corruption  (Read 1501 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
The Corruption
« on: January 24, 2022, 06:11:11 pm »

Alduin gasped as the sword went through his skeleton. It shouldn’t even harm him, his [Lesser Physical Immunity] should have made sure of that. The sword must be enchanted in some way. He quickly cast a tier 7 spell as it buffed him and stopped the inevitable for a few seconds.

The blood and souls of the wicked flowed into him like water into a whirlpool. Murderers, oathbreakers, adulterers… their sins weighted on their flesh and mind.

Memories flowed in his mind, those of a past life. Mere fragments, the remains of an existence long forgotten. Such were the woes of undeath; few of them remembered the dream of life.

Alduin knew he had no time left, The life was already fading from his cold undead body. He had one last trump card, he was never planning on using it until these “hero’s” came and ruined everything!

They want a monster? They can have a monster! Alduin snarls and activates his last magic spell. [Summon Great Old One]

The spell hurtled through the Ether, tearing free of the Mortal Plane. It traveled through the Plane of Stars, ducked under the Plane of Immortals, and careened straight between the Planes of Fury and Light.

It reached the Plane of Darkness. Then it kept going. It slowed as it passed through the Plane of the Dead, which resided
at the farthest reaches of the living universe, but it did not stop.

Alduin’s plea went to where no mortal had ever been before. Then it kept going. It passed all semblance of what mortals could rationalize. It fell through the cracks in the universe. Then it slipped into the void.

The void answered.

What appeared?

(Mutiple players allowed and encouraged. The setting will be explained in a later post. Magic and skills normally have color, but I’m in a time crunch, so, i’ll fix it later.)

[Examples]

[ ] More than thirty-five feet tall, it had the vague shape of a giant humanoid, but nothing else. For its body was made of a thousand ghoulish, pallid, blood-drained husks fused together by necromantic magic.

The creature wore a hooded, tattered dark crimson cloak over most of his body; while his pallid hand carried a black staff as tall as him. The light of two blazing red eyes peered beneath the hood, a shadow of a giant serpent's skull. A black stone, some kind of artifact from the terrible aura it unleashed, had been embedded in the forehead like a makeshift crown.

[ ] a fifteen-foot tall woman. Thin and unclothed. Her hair is almost as long as she is tall and is, like the rest of her form, hollow. Parts of her are described as being "hollow", or made from carefully placed light, which trace the outline of the absent body part. Her eyes are silver, dull, cold, and empty. Light’s sway around her hypnotically.

[ ] a 20 foot tall horned abomination. He has green, leathery skin topped with cooled plasma and obsidian-like crags, some of which can even reach 10 feet in length. His body is a muscle-bound caricature midway between a human and a tiger, It’s hands are merely mangled growths of obsidian-looking material and his arms are as thick as oak trees. In a gap between two obsidian-like horns is a single red, glowing eye. His mouth is a jagged gap, lined by irregular spike-like growths. It’s skin is flickering with power.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Corruption
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 06:13:19 pm »

(And yes, this is basically the setting of my unfinished RTD most of you have never seen or heard about.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 07:44:02 pm »

[] A small, perhaps four feet in length, creature.  It is dark in colour, being clad in deep gray soft scales, bordering on black.  It walks on four limbs, with a pair of tightly folded wings on its back, still immature, and a long tail follows behind it, being held up by still-weak muscles.  Its head, on the end of a long neck, is the most remarkable thing about the creature.  It looks everywhere, eyes flitting about, taking in all the details around it.  This is a creature of hunger.. for food, yes, always and forever for food, but also knowledge, companionship, and power.  This creature simply reeks with potential.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:50:57 pm by Devastator »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 07:55:03 pm »

[]Any wish, unlimited power. The soul of the contractor sealed within a Seed, which falls to dispair and gives rise to monsters beyong existance. Such is it's nature. The power to grant wishes is within the Soul, and they give power to fight evil, only for despair to visit them and corrupt their existence. It cannot be killed, onlydelayed, a harbinger of disaster, arriving after tragedy, only to reap more tragedy once the seeds have been sown and festered.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:01:15 pm by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 08:22:44 pm »

[] A teenage human boy, with spiky blue hair.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 10:31:42 pm »

[] A curious new ideology spreads across the world. It is unimpeded by national borders, language, age, or even species. In an instant, people who were once regarded as deranged madmen have undergone an evolution. Now instead of incoherent raving, they speak with perfect fluidity. They now tell tales of an entity they refer to as "The K'herjahk". They say that it will put an end to war, hunger, and the suffering of mankind.

The K'herjahk is coming. For now, it is only able to manifest itself through the minds of those who have lost themselves; but its influence is starting to grow with each passing day. Its intentions are utterly alien to the mortal mind and it is capable of things that have never even been conceived of in our reality...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 05:40:08 am »

(And yes, this is basically the setting of my unfinished RTD most of you have never seen or heard about.)
(I'm pretty sure I was in that one.)

[] A grey unicorn wearing a large hat and a cape.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 07:10:25 am »

Alright, I will keep character creation open for another day incase anyone else wants to join. Also, I will try not to get sick with procrastinatitis.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 10:51:36 am »

[] a shapeless mass of corrupted souls
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 04:18:05 pm »

[] A... sketch. An outline, perhaps. A rough approximation, of the human form. Not filled in at all. But nobody came The mask is blank. I am Nobody.
Black and white. They clutch a club... no. A bat. They are not black and white. Two sides of nothingness. Purification in progress The strings are cut; the puppet is free.
A red eye stares - closes. Blue and yellow - Blue and Red. The sounds of a distant city go silent. I see the spine The sword wields itself. Auden. I remember now.
Something... smears. Paint - purple, green, brown. Dull shades, a broken picture. Roses - blue. Wilted, but hanging on. The noose grows tighter. I'll come running.

Fourfold.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:22 pm »

I will post the turn tomorrow. Pinky promise
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 08:41:44 pm »

[] A dripping orb of crimson liquid, with crystalline shards of unnaturally coagulated blood spotting it's surface. A pair of ruby lances circle the orb, seeking life to drain in order to hasten their creator's work.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 04:28:18 am »

turn pls

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2022, 08:08:15 am »

Okey

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2022, 08:22:09 am »

Turn 1

Devastator: You, a relatively young creature of the Outside, have been summoned to a dungeon next to a very dead skeleton. What do you do?

TricMagic: A immortal creature of the Outside has been summoned by a plea/wish. You have arrived in all your incubator glory, next to a impish looking thing.

Egan_BW: A teenage boy appears, his normal appearance hiding a dark secret.

Supernerd: An eldritch thought and idea appears, an eldritch symbol heralding it’s arrival.

King Zultan: DISCORD arrives with a sprinkle of chocolate rain.

BlackPaladin99: A sentient clump of Outside energy has appeared.

Glass: A sketch of... something MORE has appeared.

Ragnar: A ball of sentient [REDACTED] blood, it seeks to grow. You appear with newfound crystal growths upon your pristine body.

You appear to be in a dungeon, next to a robed skeleton who is even deader then normal, a trail of blood leads outside the dungeon. What shall you do?

Pages: [1] 2