Author Topic: eye  (Read 3757 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: eye (End of Day 1) [stars are currently wrong]
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2022, 02:57:12 pm »

Side: The Inside
Consequence: It heals and becomes healthier, freed from disease and ailment.
Gaze: The insecurities and low self-esteem of the God that caused it to hide away the mocking Stars and Void behind a security blanket.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 10:58:03 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2022, 05:24:32 pm »

((God is not the Godhead, God is the mirror seed. Or rather, what hatched from the mirror seed.
One is divine, the other sovereign. Very different!))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2022, 06:05:58 pm »

Side: The Make Eye

Gaze: MUTATE God. Corrupt all things pure and good and make them RIGHT.
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2022, 06:12:24 pm »

Side: Second.

Consequence: It's gaze is the space between moments, and it's attention causes time to sway to and fro to it's whims.

Gaze: What an annoyance, a being seeking to limit the gaze of Time. Let it see the consequences of it's own actions, by excluding it from Time, and from What May Grow And Wither.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
eye (End of Day 2) [stars are currently wrong]
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2022, 12:48:06 am »

The Banana Eye gazes at God. It would seem that God is comprised of potassium metal, meaning that it would explode violently if ever allowed to come into contact with water.
Which it won't, because there is no such thing as water, and God is made from mirrorstuff with no physical presence.

Seed Eye opens, and observes the seeding going on. Yup, sure is a lot of that going on here.

Mirror Eye looks to the great sheet, and indeed sees its own reflection, and the reflection of the sheet in its own cornea, which reflects itself again, and... so on.
It would seem that God decided to use a mirrory material for the sheet.

Final Eye gazes Finalwards. Though it's unclear whether this direction is supposed to be upwards or downward, or perhaps a different alignment altogether (a divine's vanity would dictate that Crownwards, representing divinity, be literally elevated above Seedwards, representing the material world).
What is apparent is that Finalward is the way to the edge of the world. For it is said that all things have their end. Which would necessarily need to include things which aren't subject to any dimensions of time. The only conclusion here is that we can use a tricky definition of "end" which includes the physical edge of an object, meaning that the finality of this world is indeed represented by the membrane separating the world from the outside.
Final Eye also glances spitefully at God. Not to worry, all things come to an end.

Hidden Eye checks in on the currently inactive faces which I didn't bother to remember, and thus God also failed to notice. Because the Hidden Eye only looks at things which are unseen, this really helps me out a lot to explain why God didn't do anything with those dimensions, thanks!

The Inside, Make, and Second eyes together form a triangular stare at God with various degrees of consternation. Before their eyes, the mirror-being decides to once again Transcend!

It leaves behind its petty doubts, its weakness, and becomes self-supreme. No longer subject to time, it will not grow, it will not wither, it will not end (except in the sense that it retains certain protophysical boundaries which may be described as "ends", it will not be subject to bounds in form!

There has now retroactively always been a Sun. God has made it so.
It is by the grace of the Sun which allowed the Seed to bloom, which fuels the cycles of life, returning banana plants to seeds, which plant once more in a holy cycle.

All is right.
Thus ends the Second Day.
The stars are [9] Wrong.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: eye (End of Day 2) [stars are currently wrong]
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2022, 01:35:38 am »

Side: The Inside
Consequence: It heals and becomes healthier, freed from disease and ailment.
Gaze: The inside of the silent and inactive Mouth of the Godhead

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2022, 05:52:41 am »

Side: The Banana
Consequence: Why aren't all things banana?
Gaze: Gaze at the sun and see that it's banana shaped.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2022, 01:50:18 pm »

Side: Final
Consequence: The End
Gaze: Stare into the Mirror Eye, where it reflects the lack of water in the world. Try to end the lack of mirror-water. Just to see what happens.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: eye [stars are currently right]
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2022, 02:46:03 pm »

Side: The Hidden

Consequence: Where the eye gaze, mortals will miss things with their gaze, not all will be as it seems for them.

Gaze: Gaze at God, for a being unbounded like it should not be seen by those that do
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2022, 09:47:10 pm »

Side: The Mirror
Consequence: Reflect and turn things around one way or another
Gaze: Gaze upon the bo and ignore the symmetry breaking I probably just committed

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2022, 06:55:24 am »

Side: The Make Eye

Gaze: Gaze upon God’s surroundings, corrupting them which will then corrupt God.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2022, 09:37:25 am »

Side: Seed
Consequence: Seed
Gaze: Gift the god the Seeds of Ruin within itself, hidden and unseen as it crumbles and goes mad.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2022, 09:52:23 am »

((Note that your intention when viewing something has no effect on the outcome, just *what* you look at. So actions along the lines of "look at x and try to make y happen" are interpreted as "look at x", then I'll try to make your Consequence happen to x. Said Consequence may or may not have been something which was going to happen anyways and likely won't be confidently attributable to you. An eye whose consequence is fatal misfortune who chooses to watch a random human will see a human go about its daily life, then get hit by a bus. The eye can't choose to summon a bus and drop it on the human, it can only observe. Does the eye have the ability to meddle in fate and bring about this consequence, or just the ability to happen to view a human who was already fated to die? The distinction is unknowable.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2022, 03:16:10 pm »

((Note that your intention when viewing something has no effect on the outcome, just *what* you look at. So actions along the lines of "look at x and try to make y happen" are interpreted as "look at x", then I'll try to make your Consequence happen to x. Said Consequence may or may not have been something which was going to happen anyways and likely won't be confidently attributable to you. An eye whose consequence is fatal misfortune who chooses to watch a random human will see a human go about its daily life, then get hit by a bus. The eye can't choose to summon a bus and drop it on the human, it can only observe. Does the eye have the ability to meddle in fate and bring about this consequence, or just the ability to happen to view a human who was already fated to die? The distinction is unknowable.))
I know. I just wanted to characterize my eye as wanting it to happen anyway.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
eye (Second 27,953,708,165) [stars are currently wrong]
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2022, 09:53:49 am »

Inside Eye spies a tiny and inconsequential parasite living in the Godhead's Mouth. The creature seems unaware of the significance of its own trespass, and rests upon a tooth, recuperating from some ordeal in this shelter.

Banana Eye gazes on the Sun, and-
err;cons;immutable ow
Turns out looking into the sun hurts!

Final Eye stares into the reflection. And into the reflection in the reflection, and on and on into eternity. It comes eye-to-face with the End.
Which is to say, the End of one's perception, the limit. This eye glimpses the very edge of what it will ever be able to see.
And there might be some water there, possibly.

The Hidden Eye looks at God. To some effect, presumably!

Mirror Eye looks at something which kind of looks like mirror god, but isn't exactly. Upon closer inspection, the bo seems to just be a normal life-form which just so happens to have evolved to be God-like through convergent evolution.

The bo goes about its life fairly normally. Making waffles, actually. However, it would seem that it accidentally bought the wrong waffle mix! A comedy sting plays from somewhere and the bo shrugs to the camera.

The Make Eye glares at the nothing surrounding God, seeing as the Divine is alone in its mirror-realm. Nothing in particular happens to the surrounds-
err;cons;missing
Ahh, that hurts...

On the bright side, everything is innately corrupt anyways. Wait, is that good?

Seed Eye takes a look at God and finds something odd growing on it.
The hh[t appears be a little green seed, burrowed deep inside of the Divine's flesh.

God lays down the foundation of a lush and fertile world, and then plants itself in the soil. Its head then explodes, releasing countless hh[t seeds onto the wind.

Thus ends the... Third? Day?
We don't actually have to keep using the Day system, the Divine is dead.
The Stars are [3] Wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6