- 4 (100%)
Pick A New Site
- 0 (0%)
Let it god!  Oh Armok let it GO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 31, 2022, 10:19:04 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Overseers NO LONGER Needed!  (Read 15966 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort!
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2022, 07:57:11 am »

I constantly got pop ups that no new migrants would come but i hope your right for the sake of these pumpkins. Things are bleak
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2022, 08:14:04 am »

You're right.  Our civilization might be dead if I became King.  Or the danger is too great for migrants to come. :(
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2022, 08:21:20 am »

I crashed during Autumn transition during that timeline. So you never became king in this current one but here is the screenshot from that.

Never seen polite discussion with local rivals before.

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2022, 01:34:59 pm »

its the generic phrase for "no one else is qualified, so I was elected by default."

wait, so we ALL died to a boogy siege?? not ONE lived? my god, Gainhan, why did you curse us so?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2022, 02:15:47 pm »

Gainhan turned on of those fuckers into a vampire and he killed the last six adult pumpkin heads

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2022, 10:15:54 pm »

. . . so the last-minute statues of Gainhan I constructed and installed on a whim, were then knocked down and so resulted in the deaths of everyone. . . ?

wow. I should be locked up in community fortress jail

If we have to give in to the vampire, I vote reclamation, however annoying it will be to reorganize the place. I would also be down for a sequel, on a new embark.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 10:19:18 pm by Salmeuk »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2022, 03:36:21 am »

Well this all went to hell pretty fast, since we still have people living I say we keep trying to bring things back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2022, 07:16:39 am »

Our Vampiric Bogey overlords, well maybe we can avenge the village on day. I mean the village is technically alive, whats the worse that could happen? They gonna invade a village of three children pumpkins and a human dancer.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:20:06 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2022, 03:16:08 am »

I know this is gonna sound dumb but can we get the human dancer to do something other than dance, I don't play fortress so I have no idea if entertainers that join the fort can do other stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Brave Overseers Needed!
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2022, 01:18:49 pm »

Okay, finally home.  Updated first page and grabbed the save/game.  Will open, sob, and maybe make a chapter of what it looks like now before unpausing and seeing if we can survive Spring.

Abbey Of Books - OOC Review

First, we seem to have four people left.

On the other hand we have lots of food and drinks.

And a lot of visitors.  One of which is a perv.

And our civilization is alive.  Yeah!  And at war.  Boo!

And, while somewhat confusing, our Hamlet is still in mostly one piece.  With two mines and a graveyard.

It is covered in blood and corpses but it is MOSTLY in one piece.  Not to be confused with the anime.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:55:31 pm by callisto8413 »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2022, 03:00:28 pm »

Yeah, im just worried that if no migrant waves come that food is gonna run out and the oldest kid is years off becoming an adult pumpkin. Hope we get some migrants and don't instantly get bogey attacks that bust the doors in.

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2022, 03:11:54 pm »

That's my fear.  We have a lot of wealth and we're at war.  We're a big fat target.   If we fail we can reclaim or try someplace else.  If we reclaim I am taking in seven soldiers.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 03:13:48 pm by callisto8413 »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2022, 03:32:48 pm »

That could be interesting, like pumpkin reinforcements sent in to fortify this important strategic. So walls, a small base camp, arms production and bunker. It could be fun to have the fort become like this, push those boggies back and then slowly let it return to village.

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2022, 12:48:35 pm »

Diary of Mot Kegbolted - Spring, 253

Dear Diary,

It is the 1st of Granite.

Why did I listen to Master Hewel?  Go see the minor towns, the Master said.  Listen to the tales and stories of the common folk, the Master said.  Design and build your performances around the natural rhythm of hamlet life.  Listen to the small talk and the wind through the leafs.

My Master was an idiot.  I should have stayed in the cities.

True, many of the major cities are being invaded, captured, burned down, and enslaved.  But I would likely be happier in a tavern in a walled city then being attacked by werecreatures and vampires out in the middle of nowhere.

Welcome to the Hamlet of Abbey of Books.  Not even sure they have a book around here.

Yet, somehow, I am the last one standing.  Besides some young pumpkinheads.  And I’m not even a Noble?

How did a forty-three year old, with children of her own, end up in this backwards town in the middle of nowhere with werewolves, vampires, and invasions?

Oh….and now there is screaming outside.

Oh goodie.  Another invasion.  I’ll try to round up the kids and lock them in one of the barns with food or drink.

I locked the kids upstairs and locked myself in the bottom floor of the barn.  Oh, my mistake.  I locked myself in the dining room?  Which lacks food or drink.  Not sure that will help.  I hear doors and objects being destroyed even from this distance!

Dear Diary,

It is the 10th of Granite.

I keep peeking out.  Two of the invaders are staying while the rest left.  The visitors and invaders ignored each other.

And I heard something in the forest.  I believe traders have come.  Oh boy.

Strangelings I think.  They won’t approach the hamlet - it has no depot.  But the invaders may attack them and maybe get killed?  Who knows.

Dear Diary,

It is the 22nd of Granite.

I heard a fight.  A Great Pumpkin must have gotten too close to one of the Bogey.  Sounded like it got the worst of it.

I need food, drink, and sleep.  I am in a bad way.  I can only assume the kids are doing slightly better as they are near stockpiles.  But not by much.

Dear Diary,

It is the 26th of Granite. 

Sounds like the kid above me is unhappy.  I believe she is throwing a tantrum.  I think she was being pestered, the whole time, by a ghost.  Poor girl.  I doubt it helps her right arm is gone.

If we go outside the two invaders will kill us.  The kids can last longer than me.  But I need food and drink soon.

Dear Diary,

It is the 3rd of Slate.

I need food!  I need to make a run for…anything.  I need to eat!  I will hide you on my person and make a run for one of the other buildings.  Who would make a dining room without food!

I made it to the upper floor.  I don’t think the invaders even noticed.  I never thought garden crest biscuits would taste so good!

I went to sleep in one of the bedroom and fell through the floor.  There was a hole.  Whoever joined the two rooms downstairs, when they removed the walls, forgot to place floors in the holes they left behind. 

Well, at least I may last longer.  Too bad I didn’t get any drinks.  I lock the doors quickly.

Dear Diary,

It is the 8th of Slate.

Oh…I hear new voices.  Migrants have come.  How will they handle the invaders?

There is nobody to warn them!  There is no Nobles to organize them!  They’re doomed!

Oh no.  The kids upstairs unlocked their doors.  Maybe they wish to ask for help from the new comers.  Well, this is my best bet to survive also!

One of the newcomers is a Ranger and fired on one of the invaders!  He hit the enemy Maceman but is also too scared to finish it off.  Still, maybe numbers will save us!

I have tried to organize the new comers as much as I can.  Ordered certain items cleaned up, new workshops made, and corpses dumped.  I noticed one of the farming plots has gone to seed and ordered it plowed.  And the other two sowed.

And I will assigned as many bedrooms I can.  At least those without enemies in them.  I wonder if I assign the Ranger to the bedroom with the wounded Bogey will he shoot at it whenever he tried to enter the room?

I assigned it to one of the Hunters.  The Ranger has taken another title and I don’t remember his name.

And the depot needs to be finished.  I don’t we need a Broker to trade.

I am the unofficial leader until we have enough citizens to elect a Mayor.  I will call myself ‘Footloose’.

I have a lot of work to do.  A lot of doors and beds have been removed for some reason. 

Dear Diary,

It is the 16th of Slate.

The Bogey Swordsman killed Carton Huescriah, a child, and then seemed to run into the forest.

Then she came back and started attacking the visitors.  We may be wiped out by a lone Swordsman!

I have been handed some petitions but nobody has the authority to handle them!

I have a report that the Ranger, who does not exist on my list of citizens, got his hand on a blunderbuss and has wounded both the Maceman and the Swordsman.  Both are heavily wounded and may die of their wounds.  If they were humans they would, anyway.  As they are Bogey people I assume they will just heal up and carry out their reign of terror.

Dear Diary,

It is the 22nd of Slate.

The Maceman is so badly hurt he can’t move and only scares people who come too close.

But the Swordsman…er…woman…has attacked a ram and a peasant.  Funny enough, while armed with a cleaver, the enemy isn’t doing very well.  Maybe because of her wounds?

Sadly, the peasant was still killed. 

I would make a hospital for our wounded citizens but we don’t have a doctor.  Maybe I will make one anyway just to have it in place?  There are plenty of useless rooms now.

Dear Diary,

It is the 24th of Slate.

I have found a bunch of memorial slabs in storage.  I have ordered them put up south of the trade depot, next to the graves.  And have also ordered more coffins.  The Swordswoman is still alive, if badly wounded, as is the Maceman.  At least the latter is too wounded to move.

Dear Diary,

It is the 2nd of Felsite.

The Maceman injured a child and a Gem Setter.  In some ways it was their own fault.  They got too close to him and, wounded or not, he is a skilled warrior and both are now wounded.

Also, one of the catlings says the Maceman also hexed it.  I think the catling might just be confused.  I hope the Bogey Maceman ISN’T a magic user.

Dear Diary,

It is the 7th of Felsite.

The Maceman is shouting for help.  I guess he feels picked on. 

The Swordswoman is also looking sad and very tired.   Poor things.

Dear Diary,

The 8th of Felsite.

Damn it!  The Maceman has started moving.  He must have healed enough to allow himself to start crawling or something.

Well, if he runs into any Hunters he’ll receive a few bullets as a greeting.

Dear Diary,

The 10th of Felsite.

The Swordswoman wounded a child and then attacked one of her own kind. 

A Bogey Thief.  A visitor who was harmless and seems to be unarmed.  I would find it somewhat funny if I wasn’t so tired being the unofficial leader.

New news!  The Swordswoman passed out and the Thief is beating her up!  Seems to have become engaged.  Oh, and the Swordswoman dropped her cleaver!

Dear Diary,

It is the 11th of Felsite.

The Thief stopped beating up the Swordswoman.  She is alive but barely.  She is puking up a storm and covered in blood.  I don’t think she is going to live.  Even if left alone.

Funny enough the Thief is totally okay.  Untouched.  Just scared.

The end result is now the Maceman is more of a danger than the Swordswoman.

Dear Diary,

It is the 20th of Felsite.

The idiots in the mines have been trapped by the Maceman who is camping at the tunnel entry.  I ordered a small side tunnel to let them out but they are too scared to do anything like…oh…dig their way out.  Makes me wonder why all these workshops were moved into the mines?

I think one of the Leaders was a spy for the bogey.

I am beginning to wish they could elect a Mayor soon to replace me but they state they need a total of 50 citizens to do that.  Without Nobles they can’t pick other Nobles.  It is so stupid.

And wild boars and sows are attacking people.  We’re going to have so many dead people by the end of the year due to their damn rules!

Dear Diary,

It is the 23rd of Felsite.

The Swordswoman has finally left the temple to the frog and has joined the Maceman near the mines.  This is horrible.  We could easily kill them at this point if I could form squads.  We have weapons and skilled hunters.  And numbers. 

And another child was found dead.  Why do the kids run into the mines?

Dear Diary,

It is the 1st of Hematite,

Summer has come and I am too old for this crap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I increased the Pop Cap at the start before unpausing which is why we had such a big migrant wave.  BUT we can't have an election until the citizens number 50.  So I adjusted the Pop Cap to 50 plus.  So, unless we get invaded again or a werewolf shows up, we should be back in business by winter.  I hope?  Once we get a Mayor I can get militia and a doctor and everything.  But we'll need a LOT more buildings.  And I am trying to use the rooms and buildings I have.  So by the time I am finished the whole place will be changed again.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2022, 01:55:54 pm »

Sign me up for the next turn.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11