Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23239 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 5 [10/10]
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2022, 11:58:12 pm »

"Speak it, then."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2022, 04:13:58 am »

As a slow drip of feeding flows into the Flesh Conch of Screaming from their Incarnae and the traitor flesh, it clamages to blunt the sharpest edge of its ravening hunger slightly. It feels power flowing back into it from the digestion of delicious meat-eor. It thought strange half-thoughts through a haze of gnawing hunger, humming idle melodies of consumption.

A pearl of fat and humming grace begins to congeal within the material plane, growing and proliferating itself, ballooning outwards in a bloody mist of tendrils waving around, thickening, twining together into a larger lump, before repeating. Growing and growing, until the divine energy that had supported the appearance of a new island finally ran its conchrse.

From among the mists quivered the Singing Flesh, a landscape of undulating flesh, clammy with sweat and slightly sweet putridity. Built upon bones of finest leitmotif, it shudders and flagellates instinctively, wordless songs emanating from cave-mouths and fine networks of air breathing-passages built into hills and gorges producing unending notes and melodies. It scents new lands on the air and clumsily flobbers its way towards them.

Flesh Conch of Screaming spends 1 Flesh and 1 Music to haunch the Singing Flesh initiative for greater synergistic growth

Spoiler: Singing Flesh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wellsprings of Meatas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meaty River Valley (click to show/hide)

Vote to progress the age, not to the Age of Myth, but to the Age of Magic. Because clearly we need an age to explicitly and clearly define the structures of magic underlying the world.
The Flesh Conch of Screaming explains, via a moving rendition of Toccata and Fugue in AB+ that advancing to the Age of Magic is fine too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:44:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 23, 2022, 08:29:10 am »

"Speak it, then."

It would be a item of great power, it would sap the Eyes power and give it to us. This not only weakens one of our only enemy’s, it allows us to further our own agendas with newly gained power,

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2022, 01:00:27 pm »

"Hubris."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2022, 07:09:57 pm »

Genius. You have no pride or dignity. You are a divine being and yet you cower before a glorified security system. I offer a chance to not only weaken a enemy, but profit. Life without risk is not life, it is stagnation.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2022, 07:14:48 pm »

Why do you believe the Eye is your enemy?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2022, 07:21:07 pm »

I'm curious as to why you think the watcher is both powerful enough to be a meaningful threat to us collectively, while also being weak enough that a single item could allow us to drain it of its power. Or do you intend to create an artifact powerful enough to do the same to one of us? In which case, I'd be worried about it being turned for use against us.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2022, 07:22:08 pm »

Why do you believe the Eye is your enemy?

It targets us whenever we make any powerful or overt actions. If we keep doing like we are, at som point in the future we will come to blows. It’s best to make a preemptive strike, and hey! If it benefits me too? Well! Why not?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2022, 07:24:27 pm »

I'm curious as to why you think the watcher is both powerful enough to be a meaningful threat to us collectively, while also being weak enough that a single item could allow us to drain it of its power. Or do you intend to create an artifact powerful enough to do the same to one of us? In which case, I'd be worried about it being turned for use against us.

Ideally, each one of you will donate a sphere act which I will use with my sphere acts to create a artifact powerful enough to drain the Watcher of it’s power. Also, I will take your concerns into consideration if I make it, and will be careful to state that it can only affect the Watcher.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2022, 08:17:25 pm »

"Yes, as it happens I don't believe that we have the ability to eliminate that thing without a deeply costly battle. Your harebrained scheme amounts to nothing but a way of getting it mad enough to try destroying us. For that matter, I'm not enthused with a world where there's nothing keeping the power of you lot in line. The Eye serves to keep more... overt actions in check, which can only be good for mortals."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2022, 08:47:17 pm »

Bah! The good of mortals is whatever we say it is! Most of the “mortals” you speak of can’t even think anyways. Also, Watch your tone, I am just as powerful as you and asked for a donation humbly and respectfully. I dislike your words, I am not one for moderation. Do not test me.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2022, 08:57:08 pm »

The good of mortals will, in fact, mostly be what they say it is. Although we have some impact on their desires and how various courses they may take will influence their wellbeing, ultimately, many of the forces that dictate mortal wellbeing is derived from their behaviors, the accessibility of various resources, how their eventual civilizations provide for them, and the like. For example...
The Faceless Prince initiates a diatribe on the nature of mortal wellbeing on the civilizational scale. Perhaps unsurprising, given their Obsession with the topic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2022, 01:35:21 am »

"Speak it, then."

It would be a item of great power, it would sap the Eyes power and give it to us. This not only weakens one of our only enemy’s, it allows us to further our own agendas with newly gained power,

"I find the effectiveness of your ploy to be dubious. There is no point in investment of my resources."

"I also reveal an aside; a secret. However, I shall only divulge said secret to the one that acquiesce to me a generic act."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 01:37:58 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2022, 03:52:18 am »

"I have not much use for acts now, and seeing as the watcher is capable of relaxation, I have no problems staying in this age for a while"
Split travel act, give Susan a generic act
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2022, 08:51:37 pm »

"A well-made trade."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35