Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23309 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 4 [9/10]
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2022, 10:00:34 pm »

In case you haven't noticed, the watcher is also above reality. I never claimed that we were the only ones of such stature.
Furthermore, there is implicit construction; I had no need to define what, specifically, exists within the Old World, and yet there exist a myriad examples of exotic flora and fauna within the Region. You just implicitly constructed that bird for the purposes of demonstration. That is what implicit construction is, the creation of things without Act expenditure that lack bearing outside of their narrow purposes.

"Then let my followers sacrifice you to me. Unless mortals are above reality and that whole thing is nonsense. Which it is. I constructed this bird earlier when you weren't paying attention. Nobody ever looks at those walls of text."

"There quite clearly is such a thing as implicit creation, as mediated by Mod Almighty. Have you noticed that we've created landmasses, yet never stopped to define the nature of matter? Such things would be unsuitable to be transmitted through such a flimsy medium as this. In fact, in context, we are likely much more careful and meticulous than we are in reality. If you believe in the truth of our 'physical reality' then I'm afraid that we'll have to disagree, especially when you insist on reading needles of light through a screendoor rather than the intentions behind them. And never forget that there is something above us. And they have a name, though I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for me to speak it in this context."

"Are gods forming their own religions now? Dunno if your fancy new Mod is for me. Nobody is above or below anyone else in this one bird's opinion."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2022, 10:11:20 pm »

Not only do you presently entirely lack followers, mortals, as entities we will have to define, are going to be part of reality once we have created them. Which also means that they will not be able to take me to sacrifice me to anything. Perhaps you might one day have them sacrificing an Archangel, or even a War Form, but gods are above reality in a way that our creations are not. The watcher is like us, above reality, albeit with presumably-different and unknown qualities to it. The Incarnae, angels, and outsiders are below us, albeit still notably divine in nature, and are therefore capable of both more personally acting within reality as well as being acted upon by the things within it; those creatures made thus far in the world are lower still, near wholly within reality. To claim it all is equal in substance and nature is absurdity; there are drastically different qualities defining the existence of the material and divine.
On the note of the fowl, it does not matter when you created it; what matters is that it was created without the use of Acts, solely for limited purposes without notable influence on reality.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:16:52 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2022, 10:13:23 pm »

"Perhaps, but isn't your refusal to acknowledge the mind which mediates all we are and will ever do at odds with your insistence on debating me on the literal word of my blueprint, when such a thing does not exist in-context? Which side of the fourth wall are you on, my friend? How is it possible that you'd be able to tell that my creature drinks from wells of magic from simply watching me create an egg? You're the one who came to me with the word 'magic' on your lips, how would you know the name of the thing which the beast drinks if such a thing doesn't even yet exist, by your reckoning? Indeed, surely you must see that there are no rules stating that 'Creatures' will starve? It may be appropriate in context for you to lie and say that this posting is beyond your Sight, but you're already acting as though you can see the true nature of our existence."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2022, 10:18:33 pm »

Not only do you presently entirely lack followers, mortals, as entities we will have to define, are going to be part of reality once we have created them. Which also means that they will not be able to take me to sacrifice me to anything. Perhaps you might one day have them sacrificing an Archangel, or even a War Form, but gods are above reality in a way that our creations are not. The watcher is like us, above reality, albeit with presumably-different and unknown qualities to it. The Incarnae, angels, and outsiders are below us, albeit still notably divine in nature, and are therefore capable of both more personally acting within reality as well as being acted upon by the things within it; those creatures made thus far in the world are lower still, near wholly within reality. To claim it all is equal in substance and nature is absurdity; there are drastically different qualities defining the existence of the material and divine.

"Then what are you afraid of? Let it happen. It'll prove one of us right. You think you can just make magic spring up but not lips or followers so I don't see how this philosophy of yours is particularly consistent."

"Perhaps, but isn't your refusal to acknowledge the mind which mediates all we are and will ever do at odds with your insistence on debating me on the literal word of my blueprint, when such a thing does not exist in-context? Which side of the fourth wall are you on, my friend? How is it possible that you'd be able to tell that my creature drinks from wells of magic from simply watching me create an egg? You're the one who came to me with the word 'magic' on your lips, how would you know the name of the thing which the beast drinks if such a thing doesn't even yet exist, by your reckoning? Indeed, surely you must see that there are no rules stating that 'Creatures' will starve? It may be appropriate in context for you to lie and say that this posting is beyond your Sight, but you're already acting as though you can see the true nature of our existence."

Harvey wonders if he does, in fact, have lips.

"Because it is common sense. You see a bird and you know it flies. You see a tree and you know it grows. You see an egg and you know it drinks from magic that doesn't exist. You don't have to explain things that are just common sense. That is why it is common! Same thing for that matter nonsense you talked about earlier. All just common sense."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2022, 10:33:23 pm »

Gibeele defining magic was the definition of a structure within reality without influence beyond the sustenance of the Drift King. Unless you are contesting this definition, it is something that is free to occur without further fanfare; if you are contesting it, then I suspect its creation would require the use of a generic Act, as is the case with the creation of ecosystems within Regions when they are contested.
Your attempt to define my self as having lips is an attempt to define something above reality - my self - as well as something that belongs to a different god - me. As you are essentially attempting to entirely redefine me in a manner that I disapprove of, I am capable of contesting this attempt, and as it is my self you are attempting to alter, my power over my self is - as I have previously explained - full, and I can freely disregard this foreign attempt at defining me. Unless, of course, your attempt to alter me is an attack - in which case I would have to defend myself, and would do so to the greatest extent necessary.
Finally, your attempt to define followers as existing runs into a twofold issue. First, mortals that may conduct worship do not, as yet, exist, nor have we progressed into an era where the workings of reality are suitable for their creation. Although I could potentially see justification that any Outsiders affiliated with you may be your followers, they cannot produce any meaningful religion, and as such they are irrelevant to the greater workings of reality and what lies above it. Second, religions, worship, and sacrifice are things that carry weight in reality, and cannot be implicitly constructed the way you constructed the bird; there is a cost associated with their foundation. A generic Act at minimum, in fact, for a minor ritual, or a sphere Act for a major one.
Implicit construction works only when it is both unopposed and without bearing on reality's workings, or where otherwise noted, such as the construction of Regions' ecosystems.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:47:52 pm by Glass »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2022, 10:47:51 pm »

Gibeele defining magic was the definition of a structure within reality without influence beyond the sustenance of the Drift King. Unless you are contesting this definition, it is something that is free to occur without further fanfare; if you are contesting it, then I suspect its creation would require the use of a generic Act, as is the case with the creation of ecosystems within Regions.
Your attempt to define my self as having lips is an attempt to define something above reality - my self - as well as something that belongs to a different god - me. As you are essentially attempting to entirely redefine me in a manner that I disapprove of, I am capable of contesting this attempt, and as it is my self you are attempting to alter, my power over my self is - as I have previously explained - full, and I can freely disregard this foreign attempt at defining me. Unless, of course, your attempt to alter me is an attack - in which case I would have to defend myself, and would do so to the greatest extent necessary.
Finally, your attempt to define followers as existing runs into a twofold issue. First, mortals that may conduct worship do not, as yet, exist, nor have we progressed into an era where the workings of reality are suitable for their creation. Although I could potentially see justification that any Outsiders affiliated with you may be your followers, they cannot produce any meaningful religion, and as such they are irrelevant to the greater workings of reality and what lies above it. Second, religions, worship, and sacrifice are things that carry weight in reality, and cannot be implicitly constructed the way you constructed the bird; there is a cost associated with their foundation. A generic Act at minimum, in fact, for a minor ritual, or a sphere Act for a major one.
Implicit construction works only when it is both unopposed and without bearing on reality's workings, or where otherwise noted, such as the construction of Regions' ecosystems.

"Was that a threat Thousand Lipped Prince? You're so scarred of being wrong that not only will you not go through with it but you'll try to be violent with me just for bringing it up? Guess you arn't so much a god of knowledge as a god of self righteous pseudointelectuales. Don't much care for how you go around acting like you're above everyone and everything and arn't even willing to prove yourself wrong."

Harvey shakes his head in the Prince's general direction.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2022, 10:50:26 pm »

It was an explanation that the only way that you can impose effects on my self is through hostile imposition of such effects. In other words, if you were to put lips on me, it would require that you attack me. Subsequently, I would defend myself, as I do not wish to be victim to hostile redefinition.
I do not wish for you to attack me. I do not wish to fight anybody. I am simply explaining the mechanics of the systems you appear to be willfully misunderstanding.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2022, 10:51:15 pm »

Harvey wonders if he does, in fact, have lips.

"Because it is common sense. You see a bird and you know it flies. You see a tree and you know it grows. You see an egg and you know it drinks from magic that doesn't exist. You don't have to explain things that are just common sense. That is why it is common! Same thing for that matter nonsense you talked about earlier. All just common sense."

"Ah yes, I see. You see, the problem is that common sense isn't common, and it also isn't sense but technically a strain of schizophrenia."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2022, 11:31:41 pm »

It was an explanation that the only way that you can impose effects on my self is through hostile imposition of such effects. In other words, if you were to put lips on me, it would require that you attack me. Subsequently, I would defend myself, as I do not wish to be victim to hostile redefinition.
I do not wish for you to attack me. I do not wish to fight anybody. I am simply explaining the mechanics of the systems you appear to be willfully misunderstanding.

"Sounds like someone is looking for a fat lip to me. So are you going to be a sacrifice or not?"

"Ah yes, I see. You see, the problem is that common sense isn't common, and it also isn't sense but technically a strain of schizophrenia."

"Then why does everyone have it?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2022, 11:43:50 pm »

You do understand that you are threatening me, yes? I will not be the first to initiate combat, I can assure you of that. If you wish to be, then I suppose we will see what comes of it. But as things stand, for all your taunts, you cannot actually do anything to me.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2022, 12:02:11 am »

You do understand that you are threatening me, yes? I will not be the first to initiate combat, I can assure you of that. If you wish to be, then I suppose we will see what comes of it. But as things stand, for all your taunts, you cannot actually do anything to me.

"I'm a farmer not a fighter. So if you're going to threaten me like that I'll respond with farming instead of fighting."

HH takes out a bag of seeds and throws them aggressively at The Old World!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2022, 12:06:40 am »

The bag of seeds is swiftly snatched out of the air, intercepted before so much as a single seed can be spilled.
The gold of the Faceless Prince's substance appears to be roiling.
You would dare toss about such things as this so carelessly? No. I do not allow it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2022, 12:13:04 am »

The bag of seeds is swiftly snatched out of the air, intercepted before so much as a single seed can be spilled.
The gold of the Faceless Prince's substance appears to be roiling.
You would dare toss about such things as this so carelessly? No. I do not allow it.

"Wasn't it you who said reality is whatever I want it to be? Well I want these seeds in the ground and don't much think you can stop me."

HH makes a motion with his feathers/hands and the seeds move on their own free will, escaping the bag and rushing to the Old World attempting to dodge all attempts at stopping them.

"Dunno what makes you still think you're above me. Especially when it comes to planting crops."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2022, 12:17:26 am »

And as I have told you, such actions can be opposed, for the very reason that we gods are equals above the world. And I am opposing this defilement.
Golden threads stretch from the Faceless Prince's hand, each one twining its way around a seed, halting their progress even as they continue pulling toward the Old World.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2022, 12:23:59 am »

"And I told you you can't stop me!"

Each seed sprouts a little scythe, which it uses to cut the golden thread. The golden threat falls to the unnamed Cloud and becomes Golden Thread Pasta

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Sphere act to oppose opposition! Dun Dun dun!))
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:25:55 am by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35